Athlonic

[1.3.x] LCD - Launch CountDown v1.7.9 [28 May 2017]

20 hours ago, Ghosty141 said:

Can you somehow use the same voices you use for chatterer with this mod? That'd be awesome.

There is already a "quick&dirty" Kerbalish audioset (not very proud of it), I plan to "mix" a nice Chatterer like audioset in the future

22 hours ago, techstepman said:

I would love to listen to some evacuation sirens before launch as well as random comments as the rocket rises.

I like the idea, as well :wink: 

Athlonic, is there any chance you could add some of the functions that Belpyro's LCD Extended had, namely the staging list?

On 24/4/2016 at 1:59 AM, djnattyd said:

Athlonic, is there any chance you could add some of the functions that Belpyro's LCD Extended had, namely the staging list?

Will have a look at this, no promise tho :wink:

Can you add a settings option for how long we want the countdown to be? I love the countdown, but ten seconds is too long for things like routine satellite launches. 

What I'd like to see is a "Go, No Go" sound sequence before initial countdown. Which it could be triggered by a keystroke if you'd like to really immerse yourself into the launch. How hard would that be to do?  

On 4/19/2016 at 3:35 PM, Athlonic said:

Quick update for KSP v1.1 is out :wink:

I have stumble upon sounds packs that other community member made for the old version of LCD. Is there a way to add those sound into the mod, since they are already formatted into the seconds and segments. 

Sound pack here

On 07/06/2016 at 7:24 AM, Abhishek Adhikari said:

I am having problem with Launchcountdown on KSP 64bit i.e., the every second pause problem.

Please fix it.

Yep, this happen on heavy cpu load.

I wish this would be fixed with final 64bits build, but apparently not. Will find a fix eventually :wink:

In the mean time a quick update for KSP 1.1.3 :

Changelog :

v1.7.7 [26 Jun 2016]
- Recompiled and updated for KSP v1.1.3 (b1289)
- Bundled Modulemanager v2.6.25

Nice Mod! Hope you find a fix for the 64 Bit soon! Really enjoy using it. :wink:

Edited by Basedoesgames

Ooups.

Thanks, there was indeed a big green "Publish this mod" button (I've never saw), pushed it, should be good now :wink:

Edited by Athlonic

For those interested, the older LaunchCountdownExtended is currently in the process of being updated by  @belpyro

While it is the same idea, it does it in a somewhat different manner.  Some people may prefer his way over this.  Plenty of room for both mods

THIS IS THE BEST MOD EVER!!!!! Im serious, it might just be better then the T-Meme Mod (The Cryogenic effects mod)

Edited by Starslinger999

Hey, if you want I can take a series of voice recordings from my team at the Real Space Program so that you have a realistic mission control Go/NoGo polling as well as possibly integrating additional chatter as background chatter for Chatterer?

Let me know and I'll get the audio.

The pauses when running 64 bit add a bit of authenticity for me! Just sounds like those old recordings with the mic switching on when the flight controller speaks then off again.

Quick update for KSP 1.2 

v1.7.8 [12 Oct 2016]

- Recompiled for KSP v1.2.0 (b1586)
- Removed KSPUtil reference
- Removed "using Linq" as advised by Squad
- Bundled Modulemanager v2.7.1

:wink:

Does this new update fix the 64 bit issue by any chance?

Just now, Shadriss said:

Does this new update fix the 64 bit issue by any chance?

Uuuuunnfortunately not ...

Still on my todo list.

4 hours ago, tree_tchoper21 said:

is there a way that you could allow people to make/use their own sounds?

Yeah it should be possible at least if just replacing already existing sound files. I'm not sure about adding new sound pack folder though. Sound files is .ogg format and you can locate them in GameData/LaunchCountDown/Sounds. Just replace sound files in either Apollo or Kerbalized pack with you own .ogg sound files. :)

14 hours ago, Murdox said:

Yeah it should be possible at least if just replacing already existing sound files. I'm not sure about adding new sound pack folder though. Sound files is .ogg format and you can locate them in GameData/LaunchCountDown/Sounds. Just replace sound files in either Apollo or Kerbalized pack with you own .ogg sound files. :)

yeah i already made my own sounds

On 27.04.2016 at 6:16 AM, Box of Stardust said:

Can you add a settings option for how long we want the countdown to be? I love the countdown, but ten seconds is too long for things like routine satellite launches. 

^this, right there. I love the mod but I could go make some tea while it counts. Tweakable countdown length would be awsum.

Update out :

v1.7.9 [28 May 2017]
- Recompiled for KSP v1.3.0 (b1804)
- Bundled Modulemanager v2.8.0

:wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.