[1.12.x] LCD - Launch CountDown v1.8.0 [23 Oct 2019]

Athlonic

I briefly looked at how metadata works for CKAN in the past, I still don't have a clue how it works.

Someone (Ippo if I remember) made me Chatterer CKAN compliant back then.

I may give this a second look.

Since the update, the button is stuck in the top left corner, above the KSP clock, and I can't move it. Any ideas?

Hi siegz,

This is another weird issue, this location (0, 0 / top left corner) should be forbidden by code and if it happens the button should be centered.

This was to prevent problems in case of reducing game's display resolution.

Try to delete your LCD config file (...\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\LaunchCountDown\Plugins\PluginData\LaunchCountDown\config.xml)

This should reset the button at center screen.

Hope this helps.

So no luck with your suggestion. I tried resizing/ full screen/ windowed with no new results. I went into the config file and manually set it to be at (50,50), and when I tried that it looks like the button itself is missing. Just clicking where the button should be activated the countdown, it's just invisible. In the image attached you can see part of it just below the KSP clock.

http://imgur.com/gallery/b4woJKQ/new

Edited by siegz
Fixed image

• 2 weeks later...

When I say this mod I knew I had to have it. DLed it and LOVED it and my 3yo son love to watch the countdowns and start the engines.

However, I have a problem, it has literally disappeared! It is still in my Gamedata file, but it no longer shows on the screen for me to use. I do have a lot mods installed, but is there any known conflicts? Thanks and hope to get this problem solved!

Be sure to have modulemanager installed as well (in gamedata), also the UI should show as long as you have any launchclamp (FASA's are supported too) along your vessel on the launchpad.

Ok, I think I know what the problem is, I have been using the FASA launch TOWERS and they do not seem to work anymore (I only use the FASA Launch Tower Lite Mod). The stock stability enchancer works with your mod as well as the FASA clamps, but not the towers (they used to). Any way you can see if you can get it to work with the FASA towers? Thanks!

I see, happy you sorted it out.

I never enabled FASA towers, I know some did a .cgf for it, but if launchclamps where used simultaneously it could trigger multiple countdowns.

The idea that come to me, would be to switch from partmodule to monobehavior code, so I can enable the mod regarding the launchpad level (ie. lvl2 and above) and don't rely on parts anymore.

Added to my todo list.

I briefly looked at how metadata works for CKAN in the past, I still don't have a clue how it works.

Someone (Ippo if I remember) made me Chatterer CKAN compliant back then.

I may give this a second look.

Just giving you a heads up that I generated the .netkan file for the mod, so it's in the process of being added to CKAN. https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/1326

Could you merge the audio files into one file, it would make the countdown run much smoother if the craft generates a lot of lag? The bigger the craft, the longer the pause between files.

• 3 weeks later...
Could you merge the audio files into one file, it would make the countdown run much smoother if the craft generates a lot of lag? The bigger the craft, the longer the pause between files.

It would also result in T=0 being announced well in advance of it actually happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I really like this addon, however im hit my the bug with stopps the sound every second. Do you have any idea how this is caused ? Could you work anround that by using an extermal player from the os ? In Linux there are loads of them and also in windows should be a few.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question: if someone is willing to invest the effort in creating a new sound pack, can it be done by making a new folder in the Sounds folder with the right file names, or does support have to be written into the addon by the mod author?

• 1 month later...

Awesome mod. Makes launching procedures less boring. By launching procedures I mean turning FAR windows and SAS on, bringing MechJeb Smart A.S.S. up, checking stages, setting antennas up and so on. But please make it an option to play it as a single audio file! Screw the on-screen messages. I know that you can't synchronize audio with T otherwise! My everlasting core 2 duo Undead Calculator can't handle most of my rockets real-time! Lol. It always pauses each second because of time dilation. *babycry*

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.