Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club(Attention moderators)

Spartwo

(Ok so i didn't do a vid this time, im doing a story kind of thing)

Early that morning, the 12th fighter fleet received a report that there were rouge ships landed on Ike. Afraid they would destroy shipping between Duna and the outer planets, Admiralty dispatched the 12FF to deal with the invaders. Their ships were the newly commissioned Drekevak and Thrasher, both Light Fighters designed after the battle of Dres, in which Zokesian Fighters proved far inferior to other nations'. Along with the pair of LFs the New Frigate David was sent to act as a mobile battery to fight off any larger ships that may be used to support the raiders. Rumors around the Admiralty that probe-Tek had come up with a new type of short range Fighter prompted the sending of the David as the enemy fighters relied on light weight and so neither carried the fuel nor antennae to operate at long distance. Most had a range of a few hundred kilometers, and these were millions of KM from Minmus, Probe-Tek's home moon. As well, all Ike colony commanders were alerted to the possibility of attack on their bases.

The 12th fighter fleet steamed to Ike at 10:23 Duna time and soon detected short range band signals to and from the Ike surface which were not in the Zokesian format. They knew something was up. Then, suddenly, Drekevak picked up a strong signal from directly below the fleet: It was Tekkan. The fighter obviously thought the Zokesian Fleet was its relay ship and attempted to communicate with it. Immediately Drekevak Launched a Mk XXI Short Range Torpedo.

6 minutes later the torpedo's homing system slammed it into the target at 120 m/s. Since the firing control was relatively new for the Drekevak, it was not fine tuned for surface targets and missed the critical component of the enemy ship; the control pod/antennae. However it did do massive damage to the armor and tore off the portside engine assembly. The fighter sat helpless on the surface. Scratch-one!

trZcJOv.png

Drekevak Ejected its spent cartridge and readied another torpedo. There were still three more, and the fleet control ship was still unaccounted for.

VFzlWmM.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

http://www./?63a2av9ord2bzpw

I forgot to do screenshots, but I'll get some video edited after work.

5eRLafY.png

As our opening move, daeCorp launched one of our new Kunoichi MARS Units equipped with an experimental plasma weapon, but after two shots it just seemed to shove things around harmlessly. xD

Download: http://www./?e1y3i3yiubqgfuw

Edited by daemonCaptrix

They cook fuel tanks (I learnt the hard way) but armour does a good job against them.

Wing panels are even better for heat resistance.

Lol yeah ive had a few attacks where the armor is roasted but the wing panels survive, and it's like "wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?"

Long delay (had to mop up the Inflexibles)

Javelin-2 set it's lenses on the most dangerous craft around David.

ixFCBSy.png

The first volley of piercing rounds Destroyed the craft but not all of its armorment,this called for some ingenuity.

PCI5ngh.png?1

one by one the Inflexibles were carefully destroyed but one still remained..It would have to be docked with but a docking would cause a conflict of programming ensuing mutual destruction,No a more creative approach was in order.

zx5k3th.png?1

Slowly and carefully the last inflexible was pushed into a sub-orbital trajectory.with no reason to return to orbit Javelin-2 landed in time for a bolset.

Bx21Gwa.png?1

(It could be pushed because it's a weapon not a craft)

persist:http://www./download/tv83e2euobsyexy/persistent.sfs

At 8:56 Duna Time, Drekevak spotted a small speck on the horizon. "Advance screen to David, hostile incoming" her captain warned. but it was too late. Flash! The enemy fighter slashed in and shattered the David. her portside was completely blown away and her fire control was gone. "Well ill be dammed," Said Captain Richfred Kerman. With one small fighter the 12th had lost it's biggest ship. "Those Rods from God (as ZS pilots called the I beam missiles) are sure effective" Radioed the captain of David. "I'm okay, but this ship is not in fighting condition." "What's your situation?" called Drekevak's captain. "Well, I've still got an engine so I'm gonna beat it for home". Four hours later, the David returned safely to Low Duna Orbit.

lrmWzG5.jpg

Time for revenge. Since the offending fighter had expended all its ammo it was ignored, and instead, Thresher launched her first Mk XXI torpedo. This one was even more accurate than the last, severing the vital command computer from the fighter's hull. The fighter sat, nearly intact, dumb and useless on the surface. Scratch two.

After that Thresher and Drekevak waited for the next attack.

VL34rvo.jpg

QHyx9wo.png

troRPhi.png

(sorry its the quicksave there seems to be something wrong with my KSP right now.)

http://www./?nczocp2qj9x2qbb

How are you hitting them!

I'll wait for the persist.

I have a very good aim... i never miss.

If i didn't want to become an aerospace engineer i'd be a fighter pilot, I've actually been complimented on my flying skill by WWII vets...

ok here it is (really sorry for all the double posting):

http://www./?vh4l8djb0jneytg

you know this size fleet is very fun. It's big enough to be exciting but small enough we don't have 900 part lag monsters battling it out...

Edited by zekes

The Drekevak managed to sneak away from its assailant and began an elliptical orbit in the hopes of finding the Control Ship. After a few hours, it located what looked like a Skysweeper-Class Cruiser. Then, it called in the Thresher's only remaining torpedo and using both managed to cripple the vessel. While it is still under power it is immobile and unable to participate in any further battle. What is more important is the unmanned pod used to conrol the Fighters has been ripped off the vessel. The Zokesian National Guard will come around to pick it up soon. Meanwhile the two Tekkan fighters are now stranded in Ike orbit, unable to return home, and unable to rearm. For Zokesia this is already a victory, there will be no chance of a Tekkan invasion of Ike, nor is there a major threat to shipping. all that remains is to sweep up the wreckage of the enemy ships, which will run out of fuel and armament soon.

n9H6ntJ.png

Cruiser ripped in half after first missile:

aPiwsQr.jpg

After 2nd missile:

61AqCQt.jpg

Not sure if you can do anything right now, but you only have two ships, one of which is unarmed. Either way, your ships will be lost and I still control Ike.

http://www./?a8ond92z3r8hnb5