Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club(Attention moderators)

Spartwo

Hey, new guy here. I really like this thread, but I was curious to the full policies of the game...

I know hacking or save file modifying is allowed to get ships to where they need to be if they are "legitimately capable". Does this mean that we can hyper-edit our fleet directly to our destination? Is hyperediting allowed after the ships have reached the initial goal? Also, what constitutes "legitimately capable"? Does that mean that any given ship must have enough Dv to get to wherever I want to send it to?

Secondly, What's stopping someone from endlessly reinforcing their fleets? Are there any hypothetical resources to limit the production of ships?

Furthermore, how do I go about joining the game?

This is how it tends to go:

Step 1- arrange battle with opponent

Step 2- Defender hyperedits his fleet (of a pre-agreed size) into position

Legitimately capable is vague. I guess if you were being really stuck up you could ask your opponent to prove they can pilot all their ships to the destination, but generally if it has the dV or potential for expandng its dV to the required amount, youre fine. No one has had reinforcement fleets in any past fights, so far it has just been 2 groups face off.

Step 3 Attacker does the same.

Step 4 fleets pew pew each other until nothing is left but kessler syndrome.

Plan B.(basicly your plan c)

t2CdXCo.png?1

somehow the dockable end survived although without weapons.

XNB7hgN.png?1

How bout now.

It seems we are too balanced. Both our ships are tough and we both have a stick-with it attitude. Neither will give ground. I'm man enough to say this is a draw and it always will be.

As always, good fighting you. :D

To further secure the Tyrene claim to Dres, and thereby ensure lucidity in this matter to any war councils in the future, I have put some civilian structures on Dres.

JC82hUQ.jpg

MKvHn0D.png

A pair of Drill stations on the surface and a grand station in orbit, Serenity, will provide anyone making the hard trip out to dres ample fuel for further travels or a return trip, though Dres' inclined orbit prevents it from being anything close to an ideal halfway house, and thereby a location of low strategic value. This does however allow us to make our own value from it, as a bastion world, and KIDA command would like to see it heavily fortified. But these are future plans.

The debris of the recent battle remains, for the most part. The largest part of the remaining battle fleet have made their way home (Hades, Oak, and Guardian), leaving TDN Kerberus, a Co-21D and the pair of Scarabs, TDN Ash and TDN Brute. Keberus has been made the command ship in the system, though our main concern is fuel pirating from serenity right now.

This thread is back up.Still a few bodies free(not dead ones).

I carried some of the non-roleplay aspects over though.So keep building up those defences in case somebody challenges you to an all or nothing match.

Edited by Spartwo

I just like oceans, but I've never actually been to /any/ of Jool's moons. Not sure I could defend them, or even have a mining outpost in the first place.

Eve is my favourite planet, but Laythe is a close second. I don't mind being stuck with Vall though.

Edit: Thanks. I was just saying "mining outpost" because any bases I build will have a mining aesthetic, just to have a visual theme. I'm all about aesthetics. That's why I use mecha robots and put wings on my ships. xD

Edited by daemonCaptrix

Eve also happens to be, strategically, probably one of the best planets to own, high gravity and close proximity to kerbin, as well as more frequent transfer windows than duna make it good for slingshots :) also I agree, its beautiful.

EDIT:

also zekes, how many parts/ how heavy? Try to get it over 1kT for laughs.

Edited by Sliinty