Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club(Attention moderators)

Spartwo

Wow. No takers despite all the people wanting to play.

Is there a reason only one match can be going at a time?

...And why is this thread in "Spacecraft Exchange"?

I probably would take you up exept i happen to be on vacation with only a laptop that can't run ksp

Is there a reason only one match can be going at a time?

...And why is this thread in "Spacecraft Exchange"?

None whatsoever.It seemed the most fitting place for it your ships being the focus and whatnot.

I stayed up last night finishing this video demonstration of my new torpedo frigate.

Armed with three anti-capital-ship torpedoes, the frigate, Sai is a tiny, deadly force to be reckoned with. The Sai-class is the fastest in the fleet, capable of rapid interplanetary travel or a quick escape after an attack.

A31I3fg.jpg

Demonstrating engines and weapons:

Craft file download link located conveniently in the video description if you'd like a first-hand look before agreeing.

Edit:

Video of DCNV Aspis getting into position:

http://youtu.be/q0jUriV-lcM

I'll take on the first person to respond to my persist file under the rules for Scenario 2.

Persist file can be found here: http://www./view/e1y3i3yiubqgfuw/persistent.sfs

Edited by daemonCaptrix

I thought you and I were waiting for a scenario? How many Sai are an even match for a Razorcat? Wait, that's a trick question. If the Razorcat gets the first shot, then the answer is none.

Likewise.

I made a persist file and posted it for download. Please set up your ship andI guess flip a coin for turn order.

Edit: check my previous post. Download link is on there.

Edited by daemonCaptrix

I'll get that done sometime tonight. Also working on a fuel tanker and NO, you may not use it for target practice. :P

EDIT: I propose we do this as a one-off challenge. Both our craft are meant to be a 1 shot 1 kill type ship. Whoever gets the first shot WILL win so let's do this. We will engage twice, each person taking their victory and we will gauge which ship won by the effectiveness and carnage of the takedown. Sound good?

Edited by Captain Sierra

You're right about that. Yeah sounds good. Seems like there won't technically be a winner, but I'm okay with just showing off.

Edit:

After this match I'll take on you or anyone else who wants to do a larger fleet engagement.

Also I think ship classes should have a rule about how big their weapons can be. My frigate is a mite too powerful to be a frigate.

Edit 2:

Remember it's a loss if any Kerbals die.

Edited by daemonCaptrix

It's also awfully small for a frigate. It can't be much bigger than the Razorcat which is a heavy fighter. Fear what I have in store as a torpedo bomber . . .

A small ship with a big punch is perfectly legal, but there does need to be some distinction between interceptor, heavy fighter, torpedo bomber, etc. Ships of similar size but different specialized armament.

And why is pilot kill a loss? That defeats the point of engagement! Oh well, time to test the Razorcat's torpedo guidance systems and accuracy. Remove the cockpit without actually destroying it.

It's also awfully small for a frigate. It can't be much bigger than the Razorcat which is a heavy fighter. Fear what I have in store as a torpedo bomber . . .

A small ship with a big punch is perfectly legal, but there does need to be some distinction between interceptor, heavy fighter, torpedo bomber, etc. Ships of similar size but different specialized armament.

And why is pilot kill a loss? That defeats the point of engagement! Oh well, time to test the Razorcat's torpedo guidance systems and accuracy. Remove the cockpit without actually destroying it.

Each challenges a different part of navigational combat.speed,accuracy,teamwork,sacrifice and armor each through a variety of ships.The crew will later be captured for interagation.

I will back up the persistence file before I begin any engagement. Then I will send plenty of screenshots of the damage. After a quick lookover on the Sai to identify where not to shoot, I can render it completely useless(all command pods removed/destroyed (including probe cores) from main ship) in 4 shots (2 if we assume that missile guidance doesn't count as control units for the main ship). Then again, the Razorcat is not a capital ship so the Sai is overkill and may actually have difficulites.

The Sai is (from what I can tell) really meant for killing something like my planned Hammerhead cruiser (big with lots of giant missiles for taking down capital ships; sucky vs lighter stuff).

EDIT: Do you think people would like a mods version of this? Certain things (unless agreed to by all challenge participants) would be outlawed like Hyperedit, debug cheats, and lazor guided weapons (about 100% accuracy in space)

Edited by Captain Sierra

I once was spoiled by mods, but the Macey submission thread forced me to use only stock. I now find I actually enjoy the challenge that comes with using only stock parts.

Edit:

A few questions about fighting dirty:

-I have ideas about how to build a special weapon that latches onto an enemy craft and de-orbits it. Do you think that would be unfair?

-What about docking with an enemy ship?

(I think I know the answers to these, but I thought I'd get this out there just for laughs)

Edit 2:

Augh Sierra, where's your reply?! lol

Edit 3:

Please send your persist...

Edited by daemonCaptrix

Ok so ZS and KIDA are going to battle.

You're both have big ship repositories so throw whatever you want at each other.You still have to agree on equality.

EDIT:no KIDI ships only KIDA

Edited by Spartwo