Connect the KSC buildings with tarmac and other visual goodness

Hi all! I was playing KSP as I often do, and had a thought about the appearance of the space center. The mission control building looks excellent, but right now that's all it does. Now that's not a bad thing, but it got me thinking - If we can get buildings as eye-candy, why not take the appearances even farther? I think what'd look really nice is a layer of tarmac around the buildings. Some roads or walkways connecting them. Maybe even some residential buildings on site. Something to make it look like a working, functioning space center.

So what do you guys think about this, and what kinds of aesthetic changes would you make to the space center?

I was referring to dlmarti's post, suggesting a parking necessarily means there's a road to get to the KSC.

Ah... well, I do recall that cities will be added as geographical landmarks, so maybe they will all be interconnected with roads.

At the very least, we could just say that the runway is the general means of accessing it.

Why would you want to quit the KSC ?

Seriously, It's because the new design became so great that we start become unreasonable.

I'll bet your...

- If we do get road, players will ask for AI-driven vehicles.

- If we get the tarmac, players will ask for taxiing system and a way to refuel Spaceplane.

- If we get cargo-hold, players will ask for loading crane/area.

- If we get residential building, players will ask for bus.

- If we get landing pad, players will ask for VTOL-efficient part (I mean more than now).

- If we get animations, players will ask for an animated rocket-tower.

And lastly, once we have all this, we will ask for another launch facility. (in the mountain, in the desert, on the sea, underground... etc)

Why would you want to quit the KSC ?

Seriously, It's because the new design became so great that we start become unreasonable.

I'll bet your...

- If we do get road, players will ask for AI-driven vehicles.

- If we get the tarmac, players will ask for taxiing system and a way to refuel Spaceplane.

- If we get cargo-hold, players will ask for loading crane/area.

- If we get residential building, players will ask for bus.

- If we get landing pad, players will ask for VTOL-efficient part (I mean more than now).

- If we get animations, players will ask for an animated rocket-tower.

And lastly, once we have all this, we will ask for another launch facility. (in the mountain, in the desert, on the sea, underground... etc)

Jumping to conclusions, eh?

1. Already exists, and there was a thread about it a while back that IIRC the devs said they wouldn't do.

2. You can do that already with enough imagination

3. Answer to #2

4. Answer to #2

5. I don't think we are getting another building, if we can't suggest any.

6. Why is that a bad thing?

People already ask for more launch facilities, and nobody is asking to quit the KSC, just to add on to it.

They probably didn't connect them due to the alpha nature. Creating roads between buildings now would make it interesting to deal with if they ever decide to add more buildings, or decide to shift the positions of existing buildings.

Instead, I would ask for something a bit more in depth, AKA a procedurally generated system*for roads between buildings*...this would save on headaches later if they ever decide to let us build our own space centers on say, the moon.

Honestly, I'd love to see that before roads*the part about us building our own space center on other planets we land on*

To make it clear, I was just joking.

We just had one big update already (the psystem, the SAS rework, the craters), maybe we could let the dev breath a little...

...so they can work on the resources system ?

We will still want an insanely detailed spaceport with fully animated refueling/cargo area and an actual traffic control later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.