Custom scenery for all planets and moons

I see that many suggestions about buildings have to do with modifying the scenery. Why not give the control to the modders? With custom scenery, modders will be able to place custom buildings in the Space Center, fill the area around KSC with buildings and houses, and make new airfields and bases where planes and other spacecraft can land. The answer is not "Why?" but "Why not?"

..Because modders can already do that if they wanted to. In-fact, I think I already saw a mod that lets you place buildings around KSC and customize the look of your launch center. I didn't really look too much into it because I'm not all that interested in that as a feature. I mean, it'll be nice when Kerbin has cities and what-not, but I'd much rather have them focusing on adding more and more depth to the gameplay, especially when it comes to career mode.

But even with that one mod or other mods allowing you to change the scenery...well, that's not part of the vanilla game. There's many people who will only play the vanilla game and not ever touch mods. Can't really have an empty home planet for those folks. Well, I suppose you can but SQUAD don't seem to want to do that. Anyways, mods are mods and that's a planned feature for the vanilla game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.