To fly EVE i must go to 180 orbit

Pawelk198604

For the ease of your reading, I have translated my answer to Polish, and back to English, so it can stay in this forum.

It is not necessary, but it is more efficient to do the reverse.

It's either 90 or 270 degrees. 180 degrees means you're pointing south, which is an inclination burn, not an orbital burn.

As a general rule, whichever direction you are orbiting, as long as your final burn takes you in the opposite direction of the planet's orbital path, your solar orbit will lower into the inner planets.

dHRDt.png

I heard that to go inner planet i must go 180 instead 0, does it true ?

Well, whether you are going to the inner or outer planets, the most efficient orbit to start in is a 90 degree (East) orbit around Kerbin. Once in that orbit, follow this chart for going to inner or outer planets. (And yes I made this with MS Paint. :D)

Also if your having trouble distinguishing the "Burn Point" on that chart, for inner planets you burn at sun rise, and for outer planets you burn at sun set.

Interplanetary%20Transfer%20Burns.png

EDIT: Dangit I got ninja'd

Edited by CoriW

Hello,

No, it is not true. If you go 180°, or even 0°, you'll get in a polar orbit around Kerbin, and you do not want this to travel to inner or outer planets.

The trick is to get in a circular 90° or 270° orbit around Kerbin, and to burn when you are at the limit between day and night. On one side (in "front" of Kerbin) you'll go to the inner planets, on the other side (the "back" of Kerbin), you will go to the outer ones.

Hope I've been of some help !

Enjoy your Evean missions :)

[edit] Arrgh 've been ninja'ed !... and by better explanations :P

That's what I call a responsive community, 4mins to get an answer :D[/edit]

Edited by grawl

Basically, what everyone has said: no, going into a retrograde parking orbit is a waste of delta-V. I originally made the same mistake when programming http://ksp.olex.biz, but it has since been corrected, and it calculates transfers to both higher and lower planets using an efficient prograde parking orbit and showing you the required ejection angle from it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.