"Special thanks: KurtJMac"?

ace.1991

(I apologise if this has already been discussed and if this is in the wrong section.

If so, please let me know so I can either move it or delete it. Thanks)

I'm probably missing something, but I'm curious:

Why does KurtJMac get a special thanks in the credits, but (as far as i know) not Scott Manly?

(not that I'm complaining. I like Kurt and his KSP vids :D)

Well even though Scott Manley and some of the other popular KSP YouTube'rs didn't get a mention in the credits they're still loved by the community and continue to support KSP. I think that's what really matters :)

Well even though Scott Manley and some of the other popular KSP YouTube'rs didn't get a mention in the credits they're still loved by the community and continue to support KSP. I think that's what really matters :)
Scott Manley has also really helped the game grow. he's made a series of great tutorials that have helped me (and others) quite a bit. Also just publicity like Kurt

I agree completely :)

Why would Scott Manly be in the credits? lol

His tutorials? helping KSP become more popular through youtube, like Kurt? I don't know tbh :blush:. I was just wondering why Kurt was mentioned, really. My thought being 'if Kurt was there why not Scott?' :blush:

His tutorials? helping KSP become more popular through youtube, like Kurt? I don't know tbh :blush:. I was just wondering why Kurt was mentioned, really. My thought being 'if Kurt was there why not Scott?' :blush:

Because Scott Manley is tiny compared to KurtJMac's popularity and viewer-base, not to mention Scott's not that good, really.

Because Scott Manley is tiny compared to KurtJMac's popularity and viewer-base, not to mention Scott's not that good, really.

You don't know what you're talking about, do you? -.-

Either way, Scott Manley makes a lot of KSP videos and they're good, but Kurt's first boost really helped the game at the beginning. That's why, not because he has more viewers.

Okay, I REALLY didn't mean to cause a discussion over who's better/more popular between Kurt and Scott :huh:

I was simply curious why Kurt got a mention. now we know. can we leave it at that, please? :P

Edited by ace.1991
changed my mind

Kurt helped the game get popular because he had an established viewer base that had never heard of the game. Scott Manley didn't have that, but that's not to say he didn't contribute to the community. I, personally, would never have learned to dock without his tutorials. Either way, credits or not, they've both got a Kerbal named after them.

I think the main difference is that KurtjMac had a large following before he came to KSP and so brought a lot of people (Myself one of them) with him. Scott Manley, while he has other videos, is mainly a KSP channel. He has done much to help the community, but not really much to bring people in (at least, comparitively speaking).

Mind you I am just giving reasons; don't kill the messenger.

I myself found KSP because of Kurt. He has a far greater exposure than Scott. I am not even subscribed to Kurt, but because Etho liked his KSP video I checked it out.

In my opinion, Kurt is the best marketing "tool" that KSP has had, at least until Steam came along.

To be honest, Kurt really sucks at KSP, though his videos are entertaining.

Scott on the other hand is like a Jedi Master of KSP. I've learnt a lot from his videos, and I have subscribed to his channel because they are good. His channel is primarily a KSP channel. I know he does other stuff, but I get the feeling people are only really interested in him for KSP. People watching his channel mainly got there after starting KSP. Very few would have come to KSP after seeing his channel.

If you want to credit scott then you may as well also credit the guy behind Krimm Kerman

I guess you mean Kirrim Kerman, or Danny2462. Scott and Danny are very different. Scott's videos contain quite a few helpful tutorials that help KSP players learn more about KSP physics and orbital mechanics coupled with some entertaining commentary. Danny's videos are more along the lines of comedy. He does silly/stupid/crazy things to entertain people. Most of Scott's videos are helpful and kinda funny. Most of Danny's videos are pure comedy.

I guess you mean Kirrim Kerman, or Danny2462. Scott and Danny are very different. Scott's videos contain quite a few helpful tutorials that help KSP players learn more about KSP physics and orbital mechanics coupled with some entertaining commentary. Danny's videos are more along the lines of comedy. He does silly/stupid/crazy things to entertain people. Most of Scott's videos are helpful and kinda funny. Most of Danny's videos are pure comedy.

So you're basically saying that because of this difference, Danny2462 is less deserving of being mentioned in the credits?

Gotcha.

See, the problem is when you put one YouTuber in the credits, no matter how they helped the game, you're gonna feel bad for not including another. Not saying what they did wasn't well planned out, I'm just saying it's unavoidable. I think Kurt's videos made the biggest impact because he got the game popular so early on.

In a way they have already credited them... both Scott and Kirimm appeared in the most recent KSP trailer (Kirrim as #0007 (He is a special agent after all!) doing what they do best and breaking things! Scott as #YOUT on the treadmill)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.