[1.0.2][May17] SelectRoot2: Fixing stock awkwardness

FW Industries

Having trouble getting it to work. I unpack the archive. I copy the "SelectRoot" folder from the "GameData" folder that is created into the "GameData" folder in my KSP_osx folder. Then a relaunch. I load a saved rocket (it works in the VAB, right?) and left-shift/left-control/left click (it is the same control key as on a Mac, right, not some different "PC control key"?) and....

Nothing happens.

Having trouble getting it to work. I unpack the archive. I copy the "SelectRoot" folder from the "GameData" folder that is created into the "GameData" folder in my KSP_osx folder. Then a relaunch. I load a saved rocket (it works in the VAB, right?) and left-shift/left-control/left click (it is the same control key as on a Mac, right, not some different "PC control key"?) and....

Nothing happens.

Dunno if it works in macOS, but isn't the analogue for the control key in MacOS the command key? Option/alt is probably useless.

Hey everyone, 0.24! Been sitting on this version for a while. It's now using the builtin OSD and will highlight parts while hovering. Also fixed a conflict with the new reveal part hotkey which also triggers with LeftControl.

If you need to change the hotkey you can change it directly in the included source and use the build script to recompile. Only need to have Unity installed to do this.

Chrome is blocking the download as 'malicious', incidentally.

As clarification, Chrome is reporting it as a "Uncommon Download". Which means that Chrome thinks it might be dangerous (likely because it contains a DLL) and it hasn't been downloaded enough to determine a reputation that confirms it as dangerous/"safe" yet.

Not quite the same as "Malicious." -- see https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/4412392?p=ib_download_blocked&rd=1

As clarification, Chrome is reporting it as a "Uncommon Download". Which means that Chrome thinks it might be dangerous (likely because it contains a DLL) and it hasn't been downloaded enough to determine a reputation that confirms it as dangerous/"safe" yet.

Not quite the same as "Malicious." -- see https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/4412392?p=ib_download_blocked&rd=1

Nope, mine was being throwing 'malicious'. No option to bypass in the menu.

I thought you'd disappeared and merged select root with editor extensions since I thought they belonged together.

Heh, I kinda did, but I couldn't escape the 0.24 hype train, lol.

That's great, they really do. You might want to add the fix from this release preventing the new part tooltip from popping up.

Yeah, I get that Chrome thing, too :/

EDIT: What the heck, apparently Chrome hates .bat files now. Try this with no build script included.

EDIT2: Woops, deleted dll as well. Use this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7121093/ksp-mods/KSP-Plugin-24.0-SelectRoot-Jul18-No-Build-Script.zip

Edited by FW Industries

Any particular reason that the hotkeys are no longer in a config file? I relied on that to change the keybindings since Linux uses the default ones for other things, and since Unity3D editor isn't available in Linux I can't recompile.

I'm having a problem where a docking port became the root part of my in-flight assembled munar space station, and it is causing a hell of a racket whooping the camera around and overall making it unplayable. Is there any way to edit my persistance file so as to change the root part?

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, did not know SelectRoot had been updated so recently. I've been using my year-old version with KSP 0.24.2

Chrome is reporting it as Malicious, not Uncommon to me. Thankfully, I have IE and FireFox to resolve that issue.

Nice! Can't even count of the number of times this would have come in handy.

I've used SelectRoot hundreds of times. Every, and I mean EVERY, semi-complex build I've ever done has relied on SelectRoot.

I have four Must-Have mods. If I don't have them, I don't play KSP. Those mods are: SelectRoot, Kerbal Alarm Clock, MechJeb, kData.

Edited by Apollo13

• 2 weeks later...
Would it be possible to get this functionality in-flight? I have encountered a situation where that would be immensely helpful/mission critical (Deadly Reentry in combination with probes built as upside-down subassemblies - problem is that a parts that burns up is the root part, and KSP stops tracking the remaining parts if the root part explodes. Solution would be to rebuild the probe in-flight after separation from the mothership)

I'd like to bring this up for discussion again, since I'm in a situation where it would be invaluable

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I wanted to invite you FW Industries to discussion on a mod list I'm testing. Let me know in that thread if you would be interested in helping test other listed mods with yours, or if you already have. :)

Inigma's KSP Essentials Mod List

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94353-WIP-Inigma-s-KSP-Essentials-Mod-List-%28in-Testing%29

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.