[1.0.2][May17] SelectRoot2: Fixing stock awkwardness

FW Industries

Is anybody seeing this?

- change the root part and the center of lift display goes way out of whack. KSP 25. Don't know if it happened in 24.2. Happens whether or not you have the center of lift displayed when you change the root.

Follow up: I'm seeing center of lift weirdness without this mod installed so I don't think this is the cause.

Edited by bmyers831

• 2 weeks later...
It's on the roadmap?!

From this post:

Root Mode: This mode is only available if you have an eligible set of parts selected. Activating root mode will allow you to select another part (from the children of the selected set) to attach by. It will reflow the hierarchy much like docking does, so the selected part becomes the new root of the hierarchy. This one is particularly useful for subassemblies and such.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

until .90 comes out, this is the best mod ever when it comes to improving construction options, before the other mod i use, editor extensions, lets me actually rebuild craft with a new tree when needed.

Personally, id like the game to allow loops in construction for extra rigidity (2+ docking ports should act as a solid loop and allow fuel crossfeed thru both ports ect), but until then, this is a massive improvement in general.

ObsessedWithKSP, this info needs to be in the OP

"Needs" is probably a strong word, though it'd keep people from asking I suppose.

Though honestly I might install this mod in 0.90 just so I can ctrl-shift-click and not hit 4, click some random part next to the part I want to be the root, and then the actual part I want to be the root.

"Needs" is probably a strong word, though it'd keep people from asking I suppose.

Though honestly I might install this mod in 0.90 just so I can ctrl-shift-click and not hit 4, click some random part next to the part I want to be the root, and then the actual part I want to be the root.

Yeah, what's that about????

I thought I was doing it wrong.

Why? It's stock functionality now, this mod is redundant.

I tried in 0.90 and it isnt working

still I would like to use this mod cause the "stock functionality" is ****

Edited by Master Tao

Yeah,i would like this thing to work as well, i really cant get used to using this !@%!#$gizmo squad implemented :/

Does anyone have any idea as to what the first part you chose is supposed to be?(I mean the first of the two clicks that doesnt change your root part)

Edited by Fizban

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.