newbie question about Kerbal Attachment System

Wheffle

First of all, this mod is awesome. I really enjoy grappling stuff and using the cables as fuel lines in conjunction with Kethane.

Is this mod designed to work in micro-gravity situations also? I tried to winch a rover onto a larger craft in ordered to haul the rover to the Mun and later lower it down with the winch, but the rover seemed stuck in a particular orientation and wouldn't allow the main craft to change heading, even though the winch was fully retracted and in "docked" mode.

After messing with the winch I managed to get the ship to ... explode. All things considered it was wildly entertaining, but I may have to redesign my operation if the winch is expected to act like this outside of atmosphere.

I am running in 0.21, and I didn't really use KAS extensively in 0.20, so I wouldn't know if this is a bug or not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.