Squad will you Fix Landing Gear to Operate like Rover Wheels?

Will landing gear ever be "fixed" to operate to be as maneuverable as rover wheels?

I'm having to add additional balloon tires to a plane just to taxi around while on the ground. And it just looks out of place while flying.

I can imagine the plane landing gear part will get a revamp whenever they get around to updating all of the plane parts. Right now we're just using the parts from oh so long ago...but I think they've got more important changes and fixes in mind before they get around to that.

Will still be nice, though, when they finally do get around to that.

It doesn't matter if something exists in real life. What makes for a better user experience is what SQUAD tend to implement into the game. This just so happens to be one of those things.

Besides, I'm pretty sure some airplanes actually do steer with their front wheel(s) using rudder controls.

Besides, I'm pretty sure some airplanes actually do steer with their front wheel(s) using rudder controls.

Try all aircraft that use the tricycle gear arrangement used in almost all large aircraft. However, if they have the older tail gear arrangement like the cessna, then it is the tail gear that turns. What I would really like to see is more landing gears. There would be a landing gear that can rotate, but has a lower impact tolerance, a small landing gear with a very high impact tolerance to help prevent tailstrikes and destroyed engines, and maybe some landing skids like on the original Wright Flyer. There's a lot of stuff that needs to be updated as far as aircraft parts go, probably more than they realize.

I'm not asking for powered landing gear, although that would be awesome. I just hate having to take 5 km to turn around (IDK, that's probably generous).

Motorized landing gear is real life: http://www.electric-vehiclenews.com/2010/05/delos-aerospace-developing-wheel-motor.html

I'm all for having small, medium and large sizes of retractable gear too.

Edited by Landge

I think/hope they implement this along with many other "planes" related features with the upcoming aerodynamics overhaul. I know for sure that they will be focusing at some point at atmospheric flight, and with it should come overhauls for the plane parts (Mk2, Mk3 IVAs, surfaces), the whole atmospheric flight model (lift, drag, aerodynamics in general.. ).

But apparently (and I'm not sad about that!) they're gonna be focusing first on implementing the career mode.... Oh and then there's the resources... Lots of work for the devs! :)

Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.