[1.2-1.7] Blender (2.83+) .mu import/export addon

guys have a question,as mbm format convert to png???

Someone has made an mbm to png converter, but I don't think that this addon does the same thing.

It's a simple console application, which is ran on Command Prompt, not "console" as in "ps4" or "Xbox 360". So don't expect a fancy GUI from it. ;)

Well, I have no idea where it is right now, but Google can help.

Cheers! :)

ÃʄĄÂÑÂúøù ßõрõòþô - Russian Translation for your ease :)

Úтþ-тþ ÑÂôõûðû MBM ú PNG úþýòõртõр, ýþ Ѡýõ ôуüðю, чтþ ÑÂтþт ðôôþý ôõûðõт тþ öõ ÑÂðüþõ.

íтþ ÿрþÑÂтþù úþýÑÂþûьýþõ ÿрøûþöõýøõ, úþтþрþõ ÿþñõöðû ýð úþüðýôýþù ÑÂтрþúø, ð ýõ "ÚþýÑÂþûь", úðú ò "PS4" øûø "Xbox 360". âðú чтþ ýõ þöøôðùтõ ýõþñычýыù óрðфøчõÑÂúøù øýтõрфõùѠþт ýõóþ. ;)

ÃÂу, ѠÿþýÑÂтøѠýõ øüõю, óôõ ÑÂтþ ÿрÑÂüþ ÑÂõùчðÑÂ, ýþ Google üþöõт ÿþüþчь.

ãрð! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Do you have the Addon to Blender 2.70 version? Early was 2.68 without any problem with i/o .mu, but now that don't work.

RU: àðýьшõ ñыûþ ýþрü, ýþ ÑÂøÑÂтõüð ÑÂûõтõûð ø òÑÂÑ‘, ýøúðúþóþ øüÿþртð/ÑÂúÑÂÿþртð.

QwspyWn.png

UPD

It was my mistake, I have io_object_mu-master from date 5.10.2013. New version work awesome.

Edited by darkfrei

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, I'm heavily involved in the Blender community (I run BlenderNation.com, and do some work for the Blender Institute). In addition, I'm doing some community work for Sketchfab. Add the two together and you can see why I'm interested in this exporter :)

I'd like to test taniwha's MU importer for Blender and see if we can offer him some help, but he's a little hard to reach at the moment. In the mean time I'd like to do some more tests and I was wondering if some people from this forum could help me with that. What I need is a number of MU files that have been exported from KSP.

Please PM me if you'd like to give me a hand.

Thanks!

bartv: I'm sorry about the lack of communication. Lately, I haven't had as much time as I would like. As K3|Chris said, I can usually be found on irc. Not only #kspmodders, but #blendercoders and #blender (same taniwha).

bartv: I'm sorry about the lack of communication. Lately, I haven't had as much time as I would like. As K3|Chris said, I can usually be found on irc. Not only #kspmodders, but #blendercoders and #blender (same taniwha).

No worries! I'll come and say hello on IRC then, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

It's pretty much the same as any other addon (except maybe installing from git) and so any other tutorial should help. In essence, just get the entire directory into your blender addons directory, start blender, go to addons in user preferences, find the addon, click the checkbox.

• 1 month later...

mbm is just an "encrypted" version of a PNG, something in the header is swapped around, no real point using it what so ever unless you don't want others to edit your textures without spending 5s converting them using the tool.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks,

I'm working with Sketchfab to make it easier to import KSP parts and publish them online in full 3D, so you can share them on websites and forums (see below for an example).

We're currently using taniwha's Blender add-on and have worked with him to get some bugs fixed. For the next step, I'd like to collect some sample files and run them through our system. I was hoping you guys would be interested in sending me some .blend files that you have created using his importer? It would be a big help for us to make the system more robust!

If you'd like to help, either leave a message here or contact me at [email protected].

Thanks!!

Bart

• 2 weeks later...

This works great as a Blender Add-on. Thank you!!! gave you a forum Rep point as well. I've got MBM-to-PNG converters. Good to be able to use MU directly.

@bartv: nice to see we have a Blender heavy-hitter in our community. thanks for being here. As a Blender newbie, I know who I can go to for Blender->Unity->KSP help

Edited by Apollo13

Thanks! I'd love to see some examples of how you used the importer. Also, do you think people would be interested in sharing entire spaceships, not just the parts? (I really have no idea if that's possible - is there an export option for that?).

it's certainly theoretically possible. .craft files are the exact same format (ConfigNode) as any other config file in KSC, and I already have ConfigNode support in the addon, so parsing a .craft file and loading parts wouldn't be a problem. In fact, I have plans on adding support for internals, and that would be very similar.

it's certainly theoretically possible. .craft files are the exact same format (ConfigNode) as any other config file in KSC, and I already have ConfigNode support in the addon, so parsing a .craft file and loading parts wouldn't be a problem. In fact, I have plans on adding support for internals, and that would be very similar.

What are internals? Please excuse my noobness ;-)

Do I dare to ask it? Yes, I do:

Is this the route to 3D-printing KSP-contraptions?

Well Blender does have a pretty good set of tools for 3D Printing, so I imagine that with a bit of work you could!

http://www.blendernation.com/2013/03/27/blender-2-67-feature-3d-printing-toolbox/

I'd expect most models to need some work before they're actually printable though.

Well Blender does have a pretty good set of tools for 3D Printing, so I imagine that with a bit of work you could!

http://www.blendernation.com/2013/03/27/blender-2-67-feature-3d-printing-toolbox/

I'd expect most models to need some work before they're actually printable though.

To be honest, I don't have experience with blender or 3D printing. What sort of work would that mean?

To be honest, I don't have experience with blender or 3D printing. What sort of work would that mean?

Well 3D modeled parts aren't always 3D printable - once you move them from the virtual to the 'real' domain, you have to make sure they can actually be constructed. Some things you may run into are: making sure all surfaces are closed (if not, they'd be two-dimensional planes and those can't be printed), making sure all parts are strong enough (give them the right thickness) etc. I don't know how this would apply to KSP models, but in general you'll need to prepare a model before you can print it.

• 3 weeks later...