[1.2-1.7] Blender (2.83+) .mu import/export addon

I figured out what it is. In some of the models, such as this fuel tank, for some reason the texture has an area where it is transparent. This transparent area leads to it rendering out pitch black. If you apply the texture in a decal fashion with an underlying colour on the entire model, then the black areas will be coloured according to the underlying colour.

Concerning the black areas i recommend not to use the shaders used by the Blender importer. Use the Blender shaders themselves, instead of those of the importer. To correct the black areas, delete the material that comes with the part, create a new material, go to textures menu and create a new one. Apply the texture "image or movie" and select the used image to "model000" or whatever is the name of the tank texture. In texture box select the UV map used by the part. Don't use tha alpha maps in the part! (Go to "image" and uncheck "Use Alpha" Checker box). Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Concerning the black areas i recommend not to use the shaders used by the Blender importer. Use the Blender shaders themselves, instead of those of the importer. To correct the black areas, delete the material that comes with the part, create a new material, go to textures menu and create a new one. Apply the texture "image or movie" and select the used image to "model000" or whatever is the name of the tank texture. In texture box select the UV map used by the part. Don't use tha alpha maps in the part! (Go to "image" and uncheck "Use Alpha" Checker box). Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Thanks, I actually just figured that out. I was doing everything you said, only step i forgot(didnt know about) was unchecking use alpha

I have a problem. I've downloaded the addon from GIT and installed as usual, but when I try to import a .mu file, it spawns an error. I don't know how to copy it from the console, but it says something about "shader nodes" or something.

Hello I am having some problems getting this to work with blender.

Versions tried= Blender 2.68a , 2.69 r60790

I downloaded the files and placed them in my addons directory. I can't fined the addon to activate it.

I have downloaded the zip and same problem.

I tried installing from file and adding the files one at a time and nothing.

only thing I can get blender to do is try to run the script form the text editor window and I get a invalid syntax. or if I run Readme.md I get missing bl_info.

any help here would be great.

edit- I got it to work.

Edited by Jaxom191

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

JSArrakis: If you're in windows, I can't help you, but in linux, you copy the directory to ~/.config/blender/2.69/scripts/addons

Everyone: don't worry, this project isn't dead. I've just been busy with EL, real life (my mom came to visit), and some other stuff, but as I want to make some animated models for EL, I expect to be adding animation support soon.

Recalling from memory hopefully im right but it needs to go in its own directory in scripts/addons. Also make sure you download the zip instead of each file individually. Sometimes doing that injects some web code causing those files not to load.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been modeling for a while for KSP using Blender and the "Unity tool" plugin for automatically fixing the rotation diff between Unity and blender on .dae export...and that works great. When using this Plugin for direct export will i still need to use the rotation fix plugin since the game was developed with Unity ...or will my models go into game in the correct rotation without it using this exporter?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'll take a poke at it. My testing for v3 .mu support was done externally to bender.

[edit] I just checked with blender 2.69.5 (slightly old git build) and the mk2 lander cabin (v3 .mu) loaded just fine.

Edited by taniwha