VAB, SPH, Tracking Station, And Astronaut Complex Interior Mobility?

Alright, this is something that was thrown around by the dev's as a possibility on the most recent KSP TV marathon.

Being able to right click on the doors of the KSC buildings in EVA, and being able to go inside them and walk around in EVA.

I was wondering how much of the community would want this, or if it seems like a waste of time.

What gameplay purpose would that serve, other than allowing Kerbals to walk around? Unless there was an RPG element to KSP, I don't see the need for interior mobility at the Space Center.

Note that my opinion does not apply to vessel IVAs, as interior movement in spacecraft is a vital part of missions. But that is best reserved for another thread.

What gameplay purpose would that serve, other than allowing Kerbals to walk around? Unless there was an RPG element to KSP, I don't see the need for interior mobility at the Space Center.

Note that my opinion does not apply to vessel IVAs, as interior movement in spacecraft is a vital part of missions. But that is best reserved for another thread.

Now I don't care about that either, but what about deploying the various small rockets inside? I think piloting a small craft inside the VAB or astronaut complex would be a wonderful way to train for flying under the moon arches.

Also trying to dodge all of your recruits as you speed down a hallway seems about right.

Could just be another means of getting into the buildings for people who like to RP their way through the game like that. I know I'd like to do it once or twice...but as long as you still have the option to just go to the KSC menu and port between buildings, there's no real negative to implementing this type of feature.

I say they should go for it after more important features are completed 'cause it's not going to impact the people who don't want the feature and the people that do want it will greatly appreciate it. It'd be good for videos and screenshot diaries as well, I think.

What if they used the current interiors shown in the SPH/VAB scenes as the interior scenes, and modeled collision meshes for it?g t

I'm making this sound a lot easier than it actually is right...

I do agree that this would be a useless feature that could be added later, again this is a discussion.

If there was one building I would choose to have a interior for, it would be the Mission Control center.

I would rather have them laying the focus on having interiors for all the cockpits and space station modules. Even better would be to be able to move around freely in your own space station in first person.

Space station interiors are number one on my wishlist right now. That, and EVA repairs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.