(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

On the same subject, any option to forgo the iron-man mode. Travelling to Jool, and experienced one of those spontaneous dis assemblies. Any way to revert to last quick-save without getting broke, or losing months of progress? I tend to do other things while waiting, rather than warping.

I mean would be fine if game and mods were bug-free and stuff, but... Then I'm also wondering what happens with constructed in orbit ships...

If your doing it all in one sitting and not leaving the vessel then you should be able to use MCE revert at any time.....

But how the MCE backup save works is like this. Its only ever saved when you enter the Space Center scene. So if you manage to never enter that scene and want to revert, you can in theory exit out of ksp and rename the .backup to .sp and have your budget set to just before you launched.

But like I said if at any time after launch you enter that space center scene the backup will be replaced with new one.

As for constructed ships in orbit. My last Duna mission did this. I used custom contracts to pay for the construction of the vessel piece by piece (custom contracts is MCE mission editor). Sometime you get the bad luck of the draw and a company won't fund the whole thing... But that more realistic then people realize.

My duna mission is one of the reasons for the last 2 updates.. Because I noticed an issue with Saved Goals causing conflicts with these types of missions. (IE launch it, then do something else while you wait for it to arrive).

Anyway its still better to use custom contracts for these missions. That way you can break it up..

Missions 1-3.. Construction

Mission 4... launch toward duna and orbit.

Mission 5.. Land duna..

Mission 6.. go home..

that way its broken up and less chances of MCE going nuts over the goals. Which could happen in a mission with all goals in one..

Edited by malkuth

I have a question, coudn't find the answer, does this mod work only in campain mode or also in freebuilt mode?

Both modes, only difference there is no science in sandbox.. so MCE research tab is disabled.

Hey, great updates. I haven't played with this mod in a while, but it's really nice now. Quick question, are any of the mission packs designed with Remote Tech in mind?

No, but with the custom contracts you can make your own, and set up your own orbits anywhere you want.. And get paid (its random based on where you go and which company funds your project)

I've got an issue with the debt logic.

My space program is overall still turning out a positive net profit, but my working budget is negative and shows no sign of improving.

I've successfully launched some comsats, but my vessel costs $30k and I only get $15k to $20k paid out. I'm at $-150k (payouts are reduced by 75%) and thus make a loss of $10k to $15k per launch.

This makes it virtually impossible to turn my budget around.

A simple solution for an (optional?) fix would be the bank reducing mission profit (if any) instead of the entire payout by 25%, 50%, 75%, so that you at least get reimbursed for vessel construction and be able to slowly but surely work your way back out of the red.

With the current system, two or three botched missions are basically a "game over" for your budget.

I'll, for now, raise the "in debt" payout fractions, but I'd appreciate a less general approach.

Both modes, only difference there is no science in sandbox.. so MCE research tab is disabled.

Oke thank you, maybe i should take a look at it. Is there maybe a way to make it work in only campain mode and not in sandbox mode?

Edited by rowns

Oke thank you, maybe i should take a look at it. Is there maybe a way to make it work in only campain mode and not in sandbox mode?

What science? Nope MCE uses KSP science and you can't get science in Sandbox.. Its sad.. :( and one of my biggest worries on what .24 will bring with new currency.

What science? Nope MCE uses KSP science and you can't get science in Sandbox.. Its sad.. :( and one of my biggest worries on what .24 will bring with new currency.

No i ment this mod, to make it only work in campain, maybe im wrong, but i don't want to pay for my rockets in Sandbox mode.

I'm curious, is there any way to derive the current ship value as displayed in the MCE GUI using the API?

I see you can get TOTAL spent on vehicles, I don't need that however. I want to get the value of the vessel shown while it's loaded in the editor. If this is not possible, can I be so bold as to request this for a future version?

I'm curious, is there any way to derive the current ship value as displayed in the MCE GUI using the API?

I see you can get TOTAL spent on vehicles, I don't need that however. I want to get the value of the vessel shown while it's loaded in the editor. If this is not possible, can I be so bold as to request this for a future version?

Nope not yet. And yes I will add it to a later version. ;)

Question do the current mission packs still require specific stock parts? If so.. is there a way to fool MCE into thinking a mod part is a stock part? For instance if I took the FASA Mercury pod and re-labeled its name to the stock Mk pod will that work?

Question do the current mission packs still require specific stock parts? If so.. is there a way to fool MCE into thinking a mod part is a stock part? For instance if I took the FASA Mercury pod and re-labeled its name to the stock Mk pod will that work?

Most of my packs Randommission packs are career friendly.

The other older packs are not.

No reason to do that, if you want you can just edit the part requirement yourself in the MissionPack in question.. Or delete them all together. That's much easier. The part has to = the part.name you can find that in config file.

Well I'm trying to use the boostrap pack. And well.. there's a lot in there. Ive tried removing the part requirements from boostraps missions in the past. At some point.. I did something wrong and broke MCE. I couldn't tell you what I did wrong.. there's so much in boostraps that I get cross eyed a half hour in trying to edit .cfgs.

So I'd rather avoid that this time around. Instead id like to just re-label parts as needed per mission. For instance the first time a mission calls for a Mk1 pod ill relabel the Mercury pod and so on one part at a time per mission. Will this work?

After a mission that had a bonus payout, the window for it never closed. I tried resetting the window positions, but that didn't fix it.

http://i.imgur.com/sMZq4rM.jpg?1?6594

I can verify I have the same problem. It happens when it has an optional bonus payout and you choose NOT to fufill it, but instead just click the "hide optional goal" during the mission to clear it out of the window. When you do that and then later finish the mission, that empty window appears and the only way to make it go away is to exit KSP entirely and re-run it. It stays there on all the screens.

Specifically, I got it to happen on the "Kastor IV" Mission from the "Kerbin SOI" mission pack. That mission includes an optional goal that requires you to have the "clamp o tron Jr." unlocked in the tech tree, and I didn't have that yet so I skipped it.

SsK6YNd.jpg

I can verify I have the same problem. It happens when it has an optional bonus payout and you choose NOT to fufill it, but instead just click the "hide optional goal" during the mission to clear it out of the window. When you do that and then later finish the mission, that empty window appears and the only way to make it go away is to exit KSP entirely and re-run it. It stays there on all the screens.

Specifically, I got it to happen on the "Kastor IV" Mission from the "Kerbin SOI" mission pack. That mission includes an optional goal that requires you to have the "clamp o tron Jr." unlocked in the tech tree, and I didn't have that yet so I skipped it.

http://i.imgur.com/SsK6YNd.jpg

Ill look into it when I get some time.

I am sorry but I cannot seem to find how to install other mission packs.

They go into the same folder that the other mission packs are in.

\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MissionController\Plugins\PluginData\MissionController

Im having trouble with vessel recycling. Im using RealChutes so what ive been doing is arming the chutes with an action group THEN decoupling the spent stages. No luck so far I cannot get it to recycle the stage. Does it simply not work with real chutes?

Also... parachutes are heavy. three parachutes ( which didn't work ) took an extra 300 Dv. So.. is it even worth it? Now with liquid engines I can just separate the stage SpaceX style with fuel left in it, but with it comes to SRB's.. what can I do?

New to KSP, and these mission packs, but appreciate all the hard work. Hoping you can help.

How can I define a mission where the mission goal is NOT to use SAS or ASAS at any time after launch?

I'm a bit of a n00b with all this and not familiar with writing missions at all so go easy with me...

I'm trying to write some introductory missions to get new players used to handling simple rockets in the atmosphere with no stability help from SAS (preferably using realistic drag like FAR).

Im having trouble with vessel recycling. Im using RealChutes so what ive been doing is arming the chutes with an action group THEN decoupling the spent stages. No luck so far I cannot get it to recycle the stage. Does it simply not work with real chutes?

Also... parachutes are heavy. three parachutes ( which didn't work ) took an extra 300 Dv. So.. is it even worth it? Now with liquid engines I can just separate the stage SpaceX style with fuel left in it, but with it comes to SRB's.. what can I do?

Realchutes does not seem to work with MC, since I guess it messes with the way chutes work. Or at least rewrites the way they work.

New to KSP, and these mission packs, but appreciate all the hard work. Hoping you can help.

How can I define a mission where the mission goal is NOT to use SAS or ASAS at any time after launch?

I'm a bit of a n00b with all this and not familiar with writing missions at all so go easy with me...

I'm trying to write some introductory missions to get new players used to handling simple rockets in the atmosphere with no stability help from SAS (preferably using realistic drag like FAR).

in stead of using a Submissiongoal use the NorMissionGoal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.