(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Realchutes does not seem to work with MC, since I guess it messes with the way chutes work. Or at least rewrites the way they work.

Well have you checked with stupid_chris on this at all? If it is a problem with MC hopefully he can help you fix it or make RC compatible

Well have you checked with stupid_chris on this at all? If it is a problem with MC hopefully he can help you fix it or make RC compatible

I'm pretty sure he uses his own parachute module and skips over the default ksp one. It's not a bug in a sense it's just that mce uses the default values for parachutes. And I don't think it's an easy rewrite since the reason you would rewrite your own version is if you didn't like the drag values of the original. Which would mean I would have to write in special code to fix the problem. And right now I just don't have time.

Realchutes does not seem to work with MC, since I guess it messes with the way chutes work. Or at least rewrites the way they work.

in stead of using a Submissiongoal use the NorMissionGoal.

I was more looking for how to search for the variable that monitors the status of the SAS switch. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

What causes a mission pack to be "greyed out" from selecting it? I've just used RSS mod bundler to setup my RSS install of KSP, but I cannot select the RSS mission packs. Missing parts needed maybe, like I'm missing a specific mod pack or something?

Edit:

I did a little more digging and the files in question are .sp and .backup where-as the other's that show up are .mpkg files. (This all shows up in the \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MissionController\Plugins\PluginData\MissionController folder.)

So I'm guessing that these are not infact missoin packs but something else, as to why they show up in the selection list I can't say.

Edited by rottielover
more info

What causes a mission pack to be "greyed out" from selecting it? I've just used RSS mod bundler to setup my RSS install of KSP, but I cannot select the RSS mission packs. Missing parts needed maybe, like I'm missing a specific mod pack or something?

Edit:

I did a little more digging and the files in question are .sp and .backup where-as the other's that show up are .mpkg files. (This all shows up in the \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MissionController\Plugins\PluginData\MissionController folder.)

So I'm guessing that these are not infact missoin packs but something else, as to why they show up in the selection list I can't say.

that would be correct. The .sp file is your actual save game for KSP, and the backup is used for Reverting.

I was more looking for how to search for the variable that monitors the status of the SAS switch. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

if you use the NorMissionGoal and then add the parts.. to that.. Then this means that these parts cannot be on the Vessel. ;)

so

NorMissionGoal
{

PartGoal
{
partName = advSasModule
partCount = 1
}
PartGoal
{
partName = asasmodule1-2
partCount = 1
}
PartGoal
{
partName = sasModule
partCount = 1
}
}

This would make it for the player could not use any Vanilla SAS unit in the game.

As for knowing when the Player pushes the T button.. Not possible in MCE.. There is no check for it.

This would mean the player could not use any of the remote unmanned systems though as they all have SAS installed as a minimum. If it was to be an unmanned mission, you would need some kind of remote control system but they all have SAS.

Any solutions?

Trying to make a more historical set of missions that would start with no SAS use in unmanned missions......

So I saw today that my research is gone. I had everything, but construction 2. Now I only have that.. not sure what happened. I remember reading something somewhere about this, but I cannot find it.

That would be a new one to me. you can edit your .sp file to get back what you had if you want though. Just do it while the game is not loaded.

What does hardmode do? I can't find any info in it. I switched it on last night and saw no difference. I was hoping it would get rid if the revert flight button. Forcing me to see each flight through to the end. Having to pay full price tor a test and recover what I could. It'd give LES a nice purpose as well.

Ok guys I need Some Help :)

I am currently working on the new version of MissionController Extended for when version .235 comes out. This is what I need.

New parts for mission controller

I need a new part for the New Rover Science Mission.. Doesn't have to be special (animations would be great) this fits on rovers or landing probes and will be the main part for the new Mission Goal RoverResearch.

New Part for ScienceProbes.. Like the Rover lander Or Probe lander this part is used for the New Mission Goal Probe Research and its main use is for orbital operations around planetary bodies.

New Part For Asteroid Research another mission goal I plan on adding is for Intercepting and Researching the new Asteroids that are coming out.

Still need parts for The RepairPart (something along lines of a hatch, or acessway that opens up).

Maybe a Part for the repairparts.

I have no real time to start my own parts... Or really have any great Modelling and texture abilities.. I keep thinking I will try but.. Time constraints are just too much. I want to get these new MissionGoals Out.. The plan is to either have dedicated parts, or I will just use placeholders. I would be very thankful for any help in these departments. Thanks everyone!

Edited by malkuth

First of all, thanks for the great mod malkuth! It's nice to have missions, contracts and a budget before Squad actually implements them in KSP.

Now for my questions. How do I know if my dropped stages are being auto-recycled or not? No window comes up when they disappear (unload). Is the auto-recycle value included in the value of the final (landed) recovered stage? What about missions that don't require landing, like launching space station parts?

Also, Efficient Fuels doesn't seem to be working for me. With or without it an orange tank always costs 47k. I know I can fake it via MCSettings.cfg, but it seems like a bug. Haven't checked if construction is equally affected. The only other mod I have installed is Mechjeb. Is there any known incompatibility with Mechjeb?

First of all, thanks for the great mod malkuth! It's nice to have missions, contracts and a budget before Squad actually implements them in KSP.

Now for my questions. How do I know if my dropped stages are being auto-recycled or not? No window comes up when they disappear (unload). Is the auto-recycle value included in the value of the final (landed) recovered stage? What about missions that don't require landing, like launching space station parts?

Also, Efficient Fuels doesn't seem to be working for me. With or without it an orange tank always costs 47k. I know I can fake it via MCSettings.cfg, but it seems like a bug. Haven't checked if construction is equally affected. The only other mod I have installed is Mechjeb. Is there any known incompatibility with Mechjeb?

For auto recycle with parachutes you should get a pop up telling you you have been paid. If its not happening then you don't have enough parachutes on the part (sometimes it takes a lot for heavy parts).

Orange tank.. The tank itself is a separate cost from the fuel. When you lay down an orange tank you will have Tank Cost (effected by Construction Research) and then you will be charge with Fuel (which is effected by Efficient fuels).

From what I can tell in my game it seems to be working fine. Please note that the discount is not counted I think until you actually add the parts in VAB. The Tab amount might actually be the old cost. (this is because part cost are precalculated for this) But I will still take a look to see if I can see whats up with a quick check of on and off for it.

If you lay the parts down, only 1.. And check the Parts Breakdown you will indeed see a discount on Orange Tank (if you have construction researched) and the fuels (only way to tell is to know what the old cost was for efficient fuels)

Edit update. Checked all the Researches and they are all giving the right amount of deductions after the vessel is put together or added into the VAB as a part. The part display is still the old numbers though in readout. But the right values are displayed in the Mission Controller Ship BreakDown and ShipPrice.

Edited by malkuth

I'll make some new auto-recycle tests later today, but yesterday I tried parachutes and dropping stages with plenty of fuel for propulsive landing and got nothing. How do you calculate how many parachutes are needed? MCESettings mentions "parachuteDragPerTon = 70". Is this it? Parachutes have 500 drag when deployed, so they should handle 7.14 tons, am I right?

Could you perhaps provide me a craft file of a (stock) rocket where auto-recycle works on your system so I can test on mine?

As for fuel cost, I have 2 career savegames. One has no MCE upgrades, the other has Efficient Fuels, Construction 1 and 2 (plus recycling). If I go into the VAB -> new -> add single orange tank, I get the following costs on the ship breakdown.

No upgrades:

Fuels $46,720.00

Parts $414.00

Efficient Fuels, Construction 1 and 2:

Fuels $46,720.00

Parts $347.00

So Construction seems to be working, but not Efficient Fuels.

EDIT 1: Finally got the auto-recycle window to appear. Doing experiments to find out what I was doing wrong.

EDIT 2: Apparently one parachute per ton is required for auto-recycle. I have no idea how this matches with the "70 drag per ton" thing. Haven't got the propulsive rocket landing working for auto-recycle. I'm dropping a stage with over 5 TWR and over 1600m/s of dV left in it... and nothing happens. Is any component needed (like batteries or a drone core)?

Edited by BioHaZarD.PT

I'll make some new auto-recycle tests later today, but yesterday I tried parachutes and dropping stages with plenty of fuel for propulsive landing and got nothing. How do you calculate how many parachutes are needed? MCESettings mentions "parachuteDragPerTon = 70". Is this it? Parachutes have 500 drag when deployed, so they should handle 7.14 tons, am I right?

Could you perhaps provide me a craft file of a (stock) rocket where auto-recycle works on your system so I can test on mine?

As for fuel cost, I have 2 career savegames. One has no MCE upgrades, the other has Efficient Fuels, Construction 1 and 2 (plus recycling). If I go into the VAB -> new -> add single orange tank, I get the following costs on the ship breakdown.

No upgrades:

Fuels $46,720.00

Parts $414.00

Efficient Fuels, Construction 1 and 2:

Fuels $46,720.00

Parts $347.00

So Construction seems to be working, but not Efficient Fuels.

EDIT 1: Finally got the auto-recycle window to appear. Doing experiments to find out what I was doing wrong.

EDIT 2: Apparently one parachute per ton is required for auto-recycle. I have no idea how this matches with the "70 drag per ton" thing. Haven't got the propulsive rocket landing working for auto-recycle. I'm dropping a stage with over 5 TWR and over 1600m/s of dV left in it... and nothing happens. Is any component needed (like batteries or a drone core)?

What version of MCE are you using? My current dev build the Fuel cost work correctly. Was a problem in older builds though. Check your .sp file and make sure that the value for vfuels is set to 1.

Also its possible that the MCsettings.cfg file might have the values wrong (maybe you were tying things out?) But the default settings for the fuels should be like this.

/fuelmode levels - decides what mission controller will charge with fuel cost. again now its editable please don't complain about cost anymore.
fuelmode0 = 1 // default values used to start career mode and only value used in sandbox mode
fuelmode1 = .8 // Only used in career mode for researched effiecient fuels.

-recycles your spent stages. This is how it works.

-(a) falls below 25km above Kerbin and is therefore destroyed by the game but

-(B) has 70 drag per ton (0.14t of stock parachute per ton of dry vessel mass)

-then it will be recycled at 0.60 * sum(cost of parts in it). Note that a Mk16

-parachute, which masses 0.1t and has drag coefficient of 500, yields 50 drag (0.1 * 500); the stock

-drogue yields less because its Cd is lower.

-NOTE: Kerbals will NOT be recovered this way! This is only for spent stages, etc. You MUST ride down

-manually any craft containing crew or they will be lost.

Not sure what you meant by had enough fuel to land it.. If your landing your spent stages then you don't get autorecycling back.. (only of vessels that are destroyed by KSP in background) if your landing them and they have a Command unit on them then you will get the recycling back by recovering it. Then you will get paid when you exit Flight and enter KSP overview screen.

Edited by malkuth

The version of MCE I'm using is 0.55.5173 (3/1/2014), and my MCsettings.cfg is exactly like you mentioned. Is there a more recent version?

Multiplying the 500 indicated drag of parachutes with their mass to find the "true" drag doesn't make sense to me, but it does seem to account for the difference in performance between the MK16 and the MK16-XL. From the in-game stats it seems like the chutes are all the same (except for the drogue), all quoted at 500 drag. But the XL does indeed perform better. I hope Squad fixes that at some point and displays the actual drag of each chute.

I have done some testing manually landing stuff on chutes and it seems the 70 drag per ton requirement for auto-recycle is a little exaggerated, but not by much. Also, in (game) reality tall rockets once landed by chutes tend to topple and partially explode, unless they have landing struts. :) Perhaps you could add a requirement for struts and then you could significantly lower the drag per ton requirement as struts allow stuff to survive harsher landings. It's likely not an easy thing to do, and impossible to check if they are properly placed... but it's just an idea.

When I talked about "propulsive rocket landing working for auto-recycle" I was talking about booster recovery like Space X is trying to do. I believe you implemented it and stated the requirements as follow:

For a rocket landing, you need:

> 1000m/s deltaV remaining (calculated from lowest-Isp engine, with Isp at sea level checked)

a TWR of >= 1.5 (which, if you're using a thrust corrector, will still be enough).

Like I said I have tried dropping booster stages with over 5 TWR and over 1600m/s of dV left in them... and nothing happens. I see them unload from the game, but no recycle window comes up. Same boosters with plenty of chutes are recycled. No chutes = no recycling.

Edited by BioHaZarD.PT

With regard to this issue, I can say that selecting a new mission changes the blank "Bonus Mission Payout Window" to show a "Close Button", and let's you clear it off your screen. There appears to be no loss of payments in this process.

Jed

I can verify I have the same problem. It happens when it has an optional bonus payout and you choose NOT to fufill it, but instead just click the "hide optional goal" during the mission to clear it out of the window. When you do that and then later finish the mission, that empty window appears and the only way to make it go away is to exit KSP entirely and re-run it. It stays there on all the screens.

Specifically, I got it to happen on the "Kastor IV" Mission from the "Kerbin SOI" mission pack. That mission includes an optional goal that requires you to have the "clamp o tron Jr." unlocked in the tech tree, and I didn't have that yet so I skipped it.

http://i.imgur.com/SsK6YNd.jpg

Does anyone else have this problem, that where you´d like to start a game in career mode with MCE, there is no pods..

I can only pick rocket, and fuel..

And no science points are available cause of the fresh start in career mode.

Am I doing something wrong or is there some sort of a bug?

El3kTriK.

Does anyone else have this problem, that where you´d like to start a game in career mode with MCE, there is no pods..

I can only pick rocket, and fuel..

And no science points are available cause of the fresh start in career mode.

Am I doing something wrong or is there some sort of a bug?

El3kTriK.

Not sure what you mean? You have no pods to build vessels with? If that's the case I can't imagine this is an mce issue. Mce doesn't touch ksp research or ksp default parts availability. What other mods you have installed?

I seem to have run into a bug. Building ships does not seem to actually decrease my cash. I think it might be a conflict with another mod. Ideas?

Need a little more info. Like above you have to launch to be charged. And make sure you don't have mce disabled in settings.

I need a new part for the New Rover Science Mission.. Doesn't have to be special (animations would be great) this fits on rovers or landing probes and will be the main part for the new Mission Goal RoverResearch.

Please see my plugin WIP regarding RoverScience. Perhaps we can do some sort of compatibility in the near future. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.