(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Is it possible to actually enter into a 'failure state' with this mod? I've read some stuff about bankruptcy, but I'm curious about when it happens, because I just took a few expensive rockets out on a joyride in a new career mode to test, and at negative 218k funds, I'm still being allowed to build 66k ships with no hassle. Is this intended? What are the negative effects, other than lower mission payouts (which don't seem to matter because money doesn't actually serve as a limiter)?

Is it possible to actually enter into a 'failure state' with this mod? I've read some stuff about bankruptcy, but I'm curious about when it happens, because I just took a few expensive rockets out on a joyride in a new career mode to test, and at negative 218k funds, I'm still being allowed to build 66k ships with no hassle. Is this intended? What are the negative effects, other than lower mission payouts (which don't seem to matter because money doesn't actually serve as a limiter)?

You can borrow as much money as you want at this point.. The problem is that the more deeper you go into dept, the more the bank takes away from you with mission payouts. At this point your joyrides have cost you 75% of all your Payouts and pretty much guarantess you will never have a positive Budget.

Other then that, nothing more will happen, since its a plugin and only so much you can do to STOP people from playing on in a plugin. ;)

I could make it for you cannot control your vessel anymore though... Thats about it.. Can still launch it though, can't stop that from happening (there is always a way around it)

Edited by malkuth

Hahahaha I love this. Your engineers are pissed off they're not getting paid anymore and are sabotaging your rockets :P

Would be a complete end game though.. At that point the player would have no way of getting out of debt... Even though with 75% of payments getting taken after missions... Pretty much same thing.

Would be funny though... But I'm sure someone would scream and call me names in the end... :(

I wonder if certain parts could be locked when you pass certain debt levels. A little bit in debt, the government/banks don't care. Start getting more in the hole, however, and they'll stop shelling out money to let you build high-end goodies like atomic rockets and stuff from the Interstellar pack. As you go more and more into debt, you lose the ability to use more and more of the tech you have unlocked in the science tree, capping out where you only have some basic rocketry available (base tech plus the first tier), enough to recover your space program over time, but you might have to do a lot of the basic missions to get out of the hole.

An alternative to grinding lowbie stuff if this was implemented: when your space program gets deep in the hole, you start getting mission offers from the commercial/private sector. These missions offer little to no science, distasteful to the intellectual Kerbal, but have large payouts. Activities like putting a satellite into orbit to broadcast to the whole of Kerbol the latest episodes of Who Wants to be a Kerballionaire and The Real House Kerbettes of Atlanta, or maybe putting an advertisement on the Mun, planting a flag with "DRINK KEPSI" on it. The scientists might scoff, and Jeb might hate having his precious rockets slapped with sponsorship logos, but maybe they shouldn't have launched a 100 ton fusion monstrosity without enough struts.

I asked around on Reddit, but nobody has gotten back to me yet, so I figure I can ask here. Does anybody know of mission packs that mesh well with RSS? I took a look at the default ones, and the payouts are far too low to be sustainable, and they call for orbits at altitudes that in RSS are still in the atmosphere...

I asked around on Reddit, but nobody has gotten back to me yet, so I figure I can ask here. Does anybody know of mission packs that mesh well with RSS? I took a look at the default ones, and the payouts are far too low to be sustainable, and they call for orbits at altitudes that in RSS are still in the atmosphere...

Someone has to make them. I don't play RSS so I can't make missions for something I don't really use a lot (we don't want terrible ones) so if someone can make some missions that would be great! Also I wanted to add a RSS mode to MCE myself (IE up all the payouts for RSS) but again, I don't play it so I have no idea on how to balance it at all.

I guess If someone could point me to the numbers and SOI for RSS I could figure some of it out.

The biggest problem now of course is that with the contracts system in place, I would have to balance MCE for RSS in that respect since the contract system is pretty much hardcoded.

Can you add support for ModuleEnginesFX? currently it seems like only ModuleEngines modules are recognized...

For the next update I been working on a lot of things. And totally forgot to look into the moduleEngineFX for pricing out new engines that use it.. So now it will be in.. Actually already made the changes.. And this is some of the differences in prices for MCE .60.

In the images the Engines Prices in the parts Breakdown was broken.. Its been fixed.. 2nd picture shows the values it should be showing.

3ECsp3f.png

Do have to check why the engines are not showing right in the parts breakdown though. You are getting charge for them correct though.. Just now showing the right value in Engines.. So much work to do.. :)

The image below has the fixed Engines Readout in Parts breakdown fixed.

6MUli4Y.png

Edited by malkuth

For a rundown of the update that will hit when kerbal Space Program 23.5 Hits this is the changeLog so far.

This is not a new update that is out. This update will not be released until *SP 23.5 Is out and had time to fix any issues that might cause!!

MCE .60

1. Fixed Payment Popup coming up for no reason..

2. The time Countdown has finally been fixed. In older version these would

not be persitent if you left the vessel.. Ie they would start over. Now

if you leave vessel, or game they will be saved. So when you restart

again the Time Countdown will continue. If you go and do something else

the time will continue to countdown for the Vessel the mission is

assigned too. Please note though, that you can only do 1 Timed mission

at a time. If you Start another Timed mission the timer will be set for

the new mission and you will lose the old timer.

3. 2 Brand new Mission Goals. Each goal has its own CountDown Timer and does not count toward the above Timer.. So you can have These running on seperate missions.. 1 Each.

New Mission RoverResearch. Land on planet and conduct Rover Researh or Lander Probe research. Is timed mission and is added to the Random Contract System for every Planet Body (new part).

New Mission OrbitalProbe Research. Orbit a planet and conduct Research in orbit on that Planet body selected. Added to Random Contract System for every Planet Body and is another seperate timed mission!(new Part)

4. In editor if you have a MCE window open (excluding the Parts Breakdown) the editor will be loc*ed and you can freely select things in MCE menus without selecting things in the VAB or SPH.

5. Random contracts have changed. This is something most of you might not notice because its a code change. In older version, MCE random contracts I had to have a seperate Base Contract for EVERYSINGLE PLANET IN GAME. Now I changed it for I only need 1 Base contract, and the Planet Bodies are randomley selected to be added to the Base Contract. Also includes a Base Pay Seletion for Every Planet!

6. Added ModuleEngineFX to the Prices in MCE. And did some majore overwork on prices in MCE. Including adding support for Dmagic parts and some others that should be priced more heavy.

Edited by malkuth

I just tried with KSP 0.23.5 (with the previous MCE code, not the new update that's not quite released yet) and discovered one thing that's behaving differently:

Now when I use the "circled arrow" button to revert flight, I don't get my money back.

The only issue I noticed with KSP 0.23.5 is that the new engines are way too cheap (not to mention so efficient that they make several old ones obsolete, even the KW ones that I installed yesterday). Fuel tanks seem to be about right. But you might want to check other new parts as well.

I noticed the engine prices because I reduced fuel prices by about 1000 in MCE to reflect real world RP-1/LOX prices. According to wikipedia "Elon Musk stated that fuel and oxygen for the Falcon 9 v1.0 rocket total about $200,000", 0.3% of the total cost. That's $200,000 for about 290 metric tons of RP-1/LOX (689$ per ton). LH2/LOX mix costs 8x that according to another source.

Standard MCE perhaps assumes the Kerbals use N2O4/UDMH, like the Chinese, which does cost millions per rocket. I found two widely different prices for N2O4/UDMH mix, 39800$/ton and 63192$/ton. But even with those prices the 32 tons of fuel/ox mix in 1 orange tank would be about 1.3 to 2 million dollars, not 47 million. The Chinese Long March 3B uses around 375 tons of the stuff and they charge at 75 million USD to launch the whole rocket!

What are the kerbals using? Gold??? Scratch that... even a ton of gold only costs 41 million USD! :D Of course Kerbin is a small planet and who knows what things cost there...

For balance I reduced mission payouts by half and I'm considering reducing them further.

Any reason why suddenly MCE wont deduct the ship value from my budget even after leaving the pad? The plugin is enabled and ive done nothing different really..

Not sure, the version Im working with now is working fine so far.. I have more testing to do, you might have to wait for new version tomorrow. But I had no ill effects with using 23.5 with my version..

The only issue I noticed with KSP 0.23.5 is that the new engines are way too cheap (not to mention so efficient that they make several old ones obsolete, even the KW ones that I installed yesterday). Fuel tanks seem to be about right. But you might want to check other new parts as well.

I noticed the engine prices because I reduced fuel prices by about 1000 in MCE to reflect real world RP-1/LOX prices. According to wikipedia "Elon Musk stated that fuel and oxygen for the Falcon 9 v1.0 rocket total about $200,000", 0.3% of the total cost. That's $200,000 for about 290 metric tons of RP-1/LOX (689$ per ton). LH2/LOX mix costs 8x that according to another source.

Standard MCE perhaps assumes the Kerbals use N2O4/UDMH, like the Chinese, which does cost millions per rocket. I found two widely different prices for N2O4/UDMH mix, 39800$/ton and 63192$/ton. But even with those prices the 32 tons of fuel/ox mix in 1 orange tank would be about 1.3 to 2 million dollars, not 47 million. The Chinese Long March 3B uses around 375 tons of the stuff and they charge at 75 million USD to launch the whole rocket!

What are the kerbals using? Gold??? Scratch that... even a ton of gold only costs 41 million USD! Of course Kerbin is a small planet and who knows what things cost there...

For balance I reduced mission payouts by half and I'm considering reducing them further.

The new version has a re-balance of all prices.. It will be out on Wednesday if I find no more bugs.

So I have to go to bed.. Just tested out and finished a ARM mission in MCE .60. Have a few more bug test to do and I will release on Wednesday hopefully. For now sneak peak at the new ARM mission.

ZmIUn29.png

How does the new ARM mission work.

Its a contract mission that is randomly generated. When you get the mission MCE will find a random Asteroid (not in Kerbin orbit) and select it as the mission target. You will have to fly to that specific asteroid (the mission is Name specific!!) and use the Grapple to connect to it... Then you will have to put it into a Kerbin orbit specified by the mission.

Edited by malkuth

So I added this to my custom change file:

@PART[FASAlaunchTower]:Final
{
@CrewCapacity = 0
}

This way the launch tower, which has a 16 crew capacity, doesn't end up costing me almost $100,000 each launch! The whole idea behind the crew capacity is to walk the crew out to the ship, but I can do without that.

So I added this to my custom change file:

@PART[FASAlaunchTower]:Final
{
@CrewCapacity = 0
}

This way the launch tower, which has a 16 crew capacity, doesn't end up costing me almost $100,000 each launch! The whole idea behind the crew capacity is to walk the crew out to the ship, but I can do without that.

Let me see if I can get a fix on that. In the meantime if the launchtower has a Special Module.. Like say ModuleTower, you can add a value in MCsettings with ModuleTower{addcost = -95000} that way you can keep the fuctions of your tower.

Mission Controller Version .60 is now Available.. You can download it from the front page of this forum thread!

MCE .60

1. Fixed Payment Popup coming up for no reason..

2. The time Countdown has finally been fixed. In older version these would

not be persitent if you left the vessel.. Ie they would start over. Now

if you leave vessel, or game they will be saved. So when you restart

again the Time Countdown will continue. If you go and do something else

the time will continue to countdown for the Vessel the mission is

assigned too. Please note though, that you can only do 1 Timed mission

at a time. If you Start another Timed mission the timer will be set for

the new mission and you will lose the old timer.

3. 3 Brand new Mission Goals. Each goal has its own CountDown Timer and does not count toward the above Timer.. So you can have These running on seperate missions.. 1 Each.

New Mission RoverResearch. Land on planet and conduct Rover Researh or Lander Probe research. Is timed mission and is added to the Random Contract System for every Planet Body (new part).

New Mission OrbitalProbe Research. Orbit a planet and conduct Research in orbit on that Planet body selected. Added to Random Contract System for every Planet Body and is another seperate timed mission!(new Part)

And to take advantage of KSP 23.5 Asteroids a new random contract mission can be accepted.. The new ARM Mission (Asteroid redirect Mission)

All new missions are part of the random contract system. They will show up randomly from the Companies that offer them.

4. In editor if you have a MCE window open (excluding the Parts Breakdown) the editor will be loc*ed and you can freely select things in MCE menus without selecting things in the VAB or SPH.

5. Random contracts have changed. This is something most of you might not notice because its a code change. In older version, MCE random contracts I had to have a seperate Base Contract for EVERYSINGLE PLANET IN GAME. Now I changed it for I only need 1 Base contract, and the Planet Bodies are randomley selected to be added to the Base Contract. Also includes a Base Pay Seletion for Every Planet!

6. Added ModuleEngineFX to the Prices in MCE. And did some majore overwork on prices in MCE. Including adding support for Dmagic parts and some others that should be priced more heavy.

7. Changes to Repair Missions, they now take advantage of the new system that the ARM mission uses to ID and Make the player target a specific vessel.. in this case vessels with the RepairPart on them.

8, Lots of bug fixes, and I'm sure Bug additions!! Tried to get as many as possible but I'm getting tired.. This update is pretty huge... Maybe to big.

10. Major Update to all prices in MCE. Fuel prices have been brought way down.. And vessel parts have been brought way up. Some of the more expensive parts are Engines, and Crew Capsules and Pods. Science parts have been increased also. Tell me what you think.

Want to know how the new ARM mission Works... and in other cases how the Repair Mission Works?

Both are Randomly generated Contract missions in separate categories. The arm Missions are part of the Interplanetary Contracts and have about a 10% chance of Spawning... With Rover/Lander at about 25% and Orbital Research at 35%.. the void is filled with No Missions this round..

The actual asteroid is randomly chosen for you by MCE. When you get an ARM mission the Asteroid will be listed that the company wants you to capture! You must capture this Asteroid or you will not be able to finish the mission. Once you capped it, bring it into orbit.. And profit.

The Repair missions works the same way!.. The company will randomly choose a Vessel in space that has RepairPart on them and you will be tasked with repairing that vessel... And that vessel only!

That's it have fun.. I'm completely expecting to have bugs in this that I missed.. Seriously it might not seem like it, but the update is huge code wise! So report what you might see.

I just tried with KSP 0.23.5 (with the previous MCE code, not the new update that's not quite released yet) and discovered one thing that's behaving differently:

Now when I use the "circled arrow" button to revert flight, I don't get my money back.

Well, whatever the problem was, the 0.60 update seems to have fixed it. Thanks.

Let me see if I can get a fix on that. In the meantime if the launchtower has a Special Module.. Like say ModuleTower, you can add a value in MCsettings with ModuleTower{addcost = -95000} that way you can keep the fuctions of your tower.

but if i don't actually have that many kerbalnauts... this will actually turn into a cheat that can provide cash infinitely, well anyway...

but if i don't actually have that many kerbalnauts... this will actually turn into a cheat that can provide cash infinitely, well anyway...

The problem is that KSP will automatically put kerbals into ships for you even if you don't have enough... And no not a cheat because MCE checks its Current Kerbals list with the Game list... If it changes then it charges you for the new kerbals... Even with the auto additions by KSP. ;)

Sometimes its really annoying when you forget how many kerbals you got...

Oh and PS another change in .60 is that you don't get charged until you get into flight scene.. Before you could be charged in any scene. But it seems KSP 23.5 introduced a strange way of adding kerbals in the VAB (before it was just flight) and I was having Pop Up spams of kerbals being hired when I was changing ships in the VAB. So... lol. Like i said in other post.. So much code changes that its mind boggling.

Edited by malkuth

If I wanted cash I would open up my .sp file in a text editor and just give myself a bajillion dollars :P There's really no way to prevent cheats/exploits if the user so desires to play that way. And if they do? Well that's their choice isn't it?

If I wanted cash I would open up my .sp file in a text editor and just give myself a bajillion dollars :P There's really no way to prevent cheats/exploits if the user so desires to play that way. And if they do? Well that's their choice isn't it?

:D you are right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.