(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Yep. I started with 10,000 funds. I now have 16,000,000 without cheating on Normal setting. I may have to restart at a higher difficulty level.

Yea easy is really easy. As someone who played HC on the previous version with no issues, this one is giving me all sorts of problems. There are a number of reasons.

1. Flat out the prices are higher on HC and the missions pay less.

2. Missions are not persistent, so you are subject to RNG.

3. On order to actually make money or come out even you have to do multiple missions at once. This in of itself wouldn't be bad if some of the missions weren't to hit a separatron between 21k-22k while travelling at 400 m/s.

Meanwhile easy is REALLY easy. I haven't tried medium yet but I'm about to. When it can cost 100k just for a decent orbiter, completely stripped with just the basics, I can't see myself succeeding on HC. You can adjust the multipliers to anything you want though.

I am really enjoying HardCore mode. I have scrimped and saved and finally got my first million in funds.

I also just reached the Agena mission and it was excellent, engaging and great fun to do.

Given my current place in unlocking career technologies and the set of mods I have installed at the moment here is my take on the Gemini 8 & 10 missions. Bob Kerman becomes the first Kerbal to achieve a docking in space!

2bawLQV.png

The OP states "This story mission is the test bed for future story based contracts for mission controller."

Test successful! I look forward to more of these in the future. (BTW, I took a Clamp-O-Tron along for the ride but it wasn't actually used to perform the docking)

Edited by Kaa253

I am new to this mod but as far as I am aware, it no longer recovers funds for dropped parts. I think someone said, (a few pages back?), there is a new mod for doing that (personally, I just drop my stages wastefully). I think the recommended mod was this one.

what I have Been Working on for Preview 3C. ;)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Other Changes:

1. Contracts for MCE can only be done by 1 vessel now. No more using same vessel in orbit to do the contracts.

2. Redid Flight Helpers. Now when you do Contracts that have Orbital Period and Or ApA or PeA you get a nice overlay shows you current of the three.

3. Fixed a few of Contract Goals for they will only fire while in orbit.

testing now, and if no major issues arise will have release in few days, or sooner.

I've been reading through ~30 pages of posts (@.@) and I found posts saying that he wasn't think of implementing it again. Just wanted to make sure he didn't change his mind and add it. And the Mod they mentioned was DebRefund.

Nope DebRefund does a dam fine job of this, I would be wasting my time trying to compete with it since MCE covers a large area of different things. ;)

I am really enjoying HardCore mode. I have scrimped and saved and finally got my first million in funds.

I also just reached the Agena mission and it was excellent, engaging and great fun to do.

Given my current place in unlocking career technologies and the set of mods I have installed at the moment here is my take on the Gemini 8 & 10 missions. Bob Kerman becomes the first Kerbal to achieve a docking in space!

http://i.imgur.com/2bawLQV.png

The OP states "This story mission is the test bed for future story based contracts for mission controller."

Test successful! I look forward to more of these in the future. (BTW, I took a Clamp-O-Tron along for the ride but it wasn't actually used to perform the docking)

Thanks glad you liked it, I have many plans for future contracts. Next few updates will be fineTuning everything already in game, and fixing a few more bugs and then back to contract making.

Edited by malkuth

I wish some day this Mod will include Kerbals with Specializations that are required for certain missions. How About requiring a Kerbal that is a Quantum Physics Expert and a Gravioli Scanner on the ship on a mission ?

2 Malkuth

Please read http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90428-Contract-Manager and consider implementing it, at least with stock contracts. Apparently, you can disable contract type generation (as with Rescue contracts), the only question is could mod contracts be recognized automatically.

On upcoming 3C:

- Between 11 and 13 Kg? 1100 and 1300, maybe? Or 11 and 13 tons? Because the lightest probe (OKTO2) weighs 40 kg :)

- Consider broad selection of Pe and Ap (right now they're circular, and can't be very high; I suggest making MinPe at 71000, and MaxAp beyond Minmus orbit)

- More part requirements (solar panels, RTGs, antennas, fuel quantity, science parts)

2 Malkuth

Please read http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90428-Contract-Manager and consider implementing it, at least with stock contracts. Apparently, you can disable contract type generation (as with Rescue contracts), the only question is could mod contracts be recognized automatically.

On upcoming 3C:

- Between 11 and 13 Kg? 1100 and 1300, maybe? Or 11 and 13 tons? Because the lightest probe (OKTO2) weighs 40 kg :)

- Consider broad selection of Pe and Ap (right now they're circular, and can't be very high; I suggest making MinPe at 71000, and MaxAp beyond Minmus orbit)

- More part requirements (solar panels, RTGs, antennas, fuel quantity, science parts)

Well a satellite includes more than just a probe. The point of mass is to give people something to build thats not always the same. ;) Still adjusting the mass though so will be different on release.

Like Idea of Pe and Ap. The thing is if Im going to keep adding to Satellite contracts it needs to be done now. The changes in 3c already will wipe your current Archives because of the major changes to satellite contracts.

Decided not to add any more complexity to what parts are going to be on vessel, would require a lot more code to make sure the player actually has the parts.

Oh man!!!!! There goes my free money ride...

Yes, me too. It has proved to be the only way I can make a steady profit in HC mode. But I am not sad to see it go as it was clearly cheating. I would not mind if I have to turn down the cost multiplier from 6x to 5x perhaps. The aim is to force me to manage costs but not to kill my space program outright!

I have been especially enjoying the balance I have found at the moment where I have to do company satellite contracts to pay for the big missions such as the Mun base I am currently building. In HC mode I have a contract to land a base on the Mun and the reward is 141,750 funds. The cost is running at about 1 million funds so clearly the KSP agency itself wants to do this or they would not wear the huge loss :)

Whatever happens please don't disallow very tiny probes as I love the challenge of trying to minimize payload mass while maintaining mission viability. I use RLA Stockalike and 2 other mods that replace the stock SC-9001 Science Jr. part and thereby allow me to construct basic science probes with mass well under 1000 kg (i.e. 1 t). At the same time I applaud the objective of requiring the player to build something that’s not always the same.

Yes, me too. It has proved to be the only way I can make a steady profit in HC mode. But I am not sad to see it go as it was clearly cheating. I would not mind if I have to turn down the cost multiplier from 6x to 5x perhaps. The aim is to force me to manage costs but not to kill my space program outright!

I have been especially enjoying the balance I have found at the moment where I have to do company satellite contracts to pay for the big missions such as the Mun base I am currently building. In HC mode I have a contract to land a base on the Mun and the reward is 141,750 funds. The cost is running at about 1 million funds so clearly the KSP agency itself wants to do this or they would not wear the huge loss :)

Whatever happens please don't disallow very tiny probes as I love the challenge of trying to minimize payload mass while maintaining mission viability. I use RLA Stockalike and 2 other mods that replace the stock SC-9001 Science Jr. part and thereby allow me to construct basic science probes with mass well under 1000 kg (i.e. 1 t). At the same time I applaud the objective of requiring the player to build something that’s not always the same.

well the size of probe is based on the Contract Prestige given (which is random). Trivial Mass of 1-5. Significant is 2-7. Exceptional is 6-11. All levels pay better rates.

Changes in Preview 3C

First Please Read Important Information:

Because The update Preview3C has changed a few of the existing Contracts. If you played Mission Controller before and have completed contracts for it, this update will wipe your Achived Contracts. This is not a huge

deal, just when you look at your archives you won't see any of the previous Contracts you finsihed. This might effect other contracts that check for Archived Contracts completed and older contracts might come back. If

you did the Agena contract for MCE this will not be the case. The agena contract State is saved seperate from the contract system in game. So it won't come back sorry. ;) If you don't want this to happen don't install this

update. As always back up your Persistent save file!! THIS UPDATE WON'T HURT YOU SAVED VESSELS OR ANYTHING ELSE. Only the Archived Contracts in the Missin Controller Building!

This should be the last time I do any major update to existing contracts. So hopefully the last time on purpose at least this happens.

Whats new?

1. New GUI editor cost breakdown list: While in editor you can select the Mission Controller Icon and the new Parts list will be shown. This parts list will show you every individual part that is on your Constructed vessel

at the time. You can also filter in and out Resources and Mass Values. Please note that due to a bug in KSP This GUI Editor actual updates quicker with total cost of parts with Procedure Parts. For instance you might

place a Procedural Fairing on your vessel and the Total Cost of Vessel in the KSP window will be wrong. The total cost in the MCE window is the correct value. The KSP values update on the next part added, or moved

on the vessel.

2. Added new Contract: The new Custom Supply contract is Mission Controllers newest custom contracts. Like the ComSat Contract you can edit this contract to your hearts content. This contract is meant to supply your

Bases and Orbital stations with supplies. Right now it supports Stock Resources and Tac Life Support Resources. If you think I need to add anymore please give me a shout. The contract works by selecting what vessel

you want to supply (any vessel of type Base or Station will show up in list). Selecting the type of resource, and the amount. And then turning on the Contract (can be on or off). Then actually selecting the contract in the

Mission Control Building. Like the ComSat Contract you will have to cycle through a few Contracts for it to show up. If any changes are made you will have to cancel out old contract for new contract.

3. Major changes to Repair, Satellite Delivery Missions. Now satellite delivery contracts have new goals. Including Mass and Electric change. Customers want thier satellites to be a certain mass and have a certain amount

of electric charge on them! Also Satellite delivery missions can now be assigned to the Mun and Possible Minmus. Its rare but can happen. The contract payments are adjusted. Also all satellite contracts are adjusted in

price for distance traveled. So they basically pay more if they want Higher Orbits.

Repair Missions have also changed a little bit, they also pay a little more, and will adjust for different planets they may be located at. Also repair missions are a lot more RARE.

Last note on Vessel Mass: Nifty little trick you can do with the new Ship Breakdown GUI window and Mass. Testing your final satellite for correct Mass when its in space (thats when its tested in mission) can help

to take out the fuel and see if it still passes. The Mass Reading on the GUI window Updates automatically. ;)

4. Added a new settings window. Now you can edit all the settings in the config file from within KSP itself. Located in the MCE icon in SpaceCenter screen. Please not a lot of settings you still have to RESTART KSP.

Like difficutly levels, and If you want kerbal rescues on or not.

5. Message helpers in settings is a display that pops up in lower right hand corner while doing Satellite Contracts. They display Orbital Period and ApA and PeA. You can use these or just use Engineer or MechJeb.

Your choice!

What Has Been Fixed?

1. The names of vessels no longer display (unloaded)

2. Fixed Repair mission not showing.

3. Fixed many values in contracts that were broken or didn't work, like celestrial bodies not saving correct.

4. Titles of contracts no longer display the count.

5. Fixed message helpers. They should not in most curcumstances cause issue. But can't promise anything. But they now include Orbital Period, ApA and PeA values for MCE Missions.

To install new version I highly suggest you delete your old MissionControllerEC folder! And install the new version fresh! This helps to make sure everyone is on an even playing field with issues. You can now set up

your Settings in game, so this should not be a big deal. Its highly recomended! Please. ;)

place the MissionControllerEC folder into you KerbalSpaceProgram/GameData folder.

Note on 64 Bit. I test MCE in 64 bit and play it fine. But when I add more mods to my games, things go bad for 64 bit KSP. I highly suggest you play and massive modded KSP in 32 bit only! If it doesn't work in

64 Bit Go To 32Bit. Thank you.

Edited by malkuth

Oh nuts! Why did you just do this update? I'd not planned to play KSP for a few hours while I awaited Keen's Thursday weekly update to Space Engineers. Now, I gotta fire-up KSP for this.

I'm actually late by 1 day. :)

I absolutely love this mod, and I am going back to 32-bit just so I can play this without crashing.

Anyway, my question is simple, there wouldn't be a problem if I had this as well as Fine Print installed, right?

I assume since Fine Print only really adds new features to the contracts it supplies, it shouldn't conflict with Mission Controller?

I appologize if this has been asked and answered, I wasn't able to fine it by searching.

I absolutely love this mod, and I am going back to 32-bit just so I can play this without crashing.

Anyway, my question is simple, there wouldn't be a problem if I had this as well as Fine Print installed, right?

I assume since Fine Print only really adds new features to the contracts it supplies, it shouldn't conflict with Mission Controller?

I appologize if this has been asked and answered, I wasn't able to fine it by searching.

NO I play with FinePrint no issues that I know of.

Addon a little hotfix to the DropBox Download of 3C. This is what it does.

Small Tiny Hotfix Added to 3C.

1. When you accept a Repair Contract the vessel you are going to repair will have and addendum added to the end of its name called (Repair) this is to help identify the vessel your contract wants you to repair. Just in case all your satellites are called the same thing. When contract is done, the (Repair) is removed. Also Removed if contract cancelled.

This is not important unless this issue annoys you. Right now only the DropBox version And Kerbal stuff downloads are updated with this.

Edited by malkuth

Addon a little hotfix to the DropBox Download of 3C. This is what it does.

Small Tiny Hotfix Added to 3C.

1. When you accept a Repair Contract the vessel you are going to repair will have and addendum added to the end of its name called (Repair) this is to help identify the vessel your contract wants you to repair. Just in case all your satellites are called the same thing. When contract is done, the (Repair) is removed. Also Removed if contract cancelled.

This is not important unless this issue annoys you. Right now only the DropBox version And Kerbal stuff downloads are updated with this.

Good idea, but how about adding it in front instead? i.e. "(Repair) Shipname"? That would make searching for it in the tracking station easier.

And some bits:

1) Mass is still in Kg - does that mean tons?

2) Max\MinAp and Max\MinPe is still mirroring each other - is that intended or you're planning other, non-circular orbits (Molniya orbit)?

Edited by biohazard15

Ya just noticed something I did not try in test. The vessel won't be renamed back because your docked with it and it technically does not exist when mce tries rename vessel.

Will have to find a way around this guess.

Linux users

I have an experiment version for Linux users to try. If your crashing out because Im using .net 4.5 I have this version available for Preview 3c that is compiled in .net 3.5. That is the only difference.

For reference I tried loading this version with all mods I use in 64 bit and I still crash out. 32 bit seems to work fine though.

Again this is really only for Linux users right now. Windows user can try this if they wish I doubt it make much difference. I put an inquiry into If i should be using .net 4.5 or not (I don't have issues with it). Only time will tell.

Anyway the download link for .net 3.5 version of MCE2.

This is a response to a direct message I got on Reddit that pointed to MCE2 with a Linux user and .net4.5 being an issue.

Not going to lie I have very little knowledge on Linux. So .. yeah.

If you do use this version please report back any results. Thanks.

Edited by malkuth

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.