(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Version 1.07 Released

1. All time missions can now be completed without being in the active vessel. Meaning as long

as the contract is still active the time countdown is also active. Even in Editor, space center view.

2. The time countdown will now only show for the vessel its attached to. So switching to another

vessel the time countdown for that vessel and contract will disapear. But Number 1 still applies.

3. Added new Satellite contract. Has different objectives then the other two and also as objective to

add a certain Science Part to the payload. This part can and will include any mods you have installed

that have parts that are classified as science parts in KSP.

4. Added new Civilian contract Low Kerbin Orbit tour. This is a new contract type that has you bring

a random number of kerbals to Kerbin orbit for a paid tour. This new special contract simulates adding

a random number of Civilian Kerbals to your vessel. On this vessel you have to have open seats for

them to occupy, if not then you cannot finish the contract. If at any time you take up the seats with

crew then the objective will be cleared until you open up the seats again. Please note that the civilians

are simulated and not actually represented in game with Crew. Sorry I tried to find a way to do this

and have not figured it out yet, or if its even possible. All civilians have random names.

5. Updated the config.cfg file to all new values including the newer Historical Contracts, so settings can be changed for other game types Like RSS.

6. New updated RSS config file updated with new values for Historical Contracts. This can be updated further by those that know how RSS works and

or using different RSS Earth Sizes.

Please note on 1.07 the config file has been updated I highly suggest Deleating your whole mission controller folder and installing a fresh install.. This will NOT delete your save progress!

I keep getting land/orbital research missions for places like Minmus, Duna, and Moho before I even made it to the Mun. It's not that big of a deal but kind of annoying to have to cancel 5 contracts to get to one that I can actually complete.

When will civilian contracts be out?

Edited by weeble

I keep getting land/orbital research missions for places like Minmus, Duna, and Moho before I even made it to the Mun. It's not that big of a deal but kind of annoying to have to cancel 5 contracts to get to one that I can actually complete.

When will civilian contracts be out?

Civilian contracts are unlocked on flightcontrol.

As for the minmus and duna not sure why that would happen. MCE uses KSP own system to tell where the player has been. Never noticed this issue before myself.

Them scientists are sooooooo pushy!

Gene Kermin: "Yay! We finally made it to orbit!"

Werner Kermin: "Good... Now lets plan for a manned mission to Dres"

Gene Kermin: "Uhhh... OK. How about we check out the Mun first?"

Werner Kermin: "You Kerbomauts have no vision!!!"

Edited by Fr8monkey

Problem with a civilian contract, I got them to orbit *barely* I can get them back safely, but the issue is, it says Bring to a target eccentricity between 0.31 and 0.41, However, Neither of those are -actually capable of orbiting kerbin- in fact that eccentricity is actually still -impacting- the ground...

Ryusho, you need to elevate your apoapsis way up to get that kind of eccentricity while in orbit. From a test I just made, if your periapsis is near 70km your apoapsis needs to be over 710km. If you only barely made it orbit, you might need a bigger rocket... :)

Yes remember eccentricity goes both ways, when you take off your technically at about .90 eccentricity. You will level it out once you get into orbit. Then you can go the other way to get to your target eccentricity.

Out all my test I have never had issues finishing these missions with a vessel that has 5300 deltaV. Using far and deadly DR.

Yes remember eccentricity goes both ways, when you take off your technically at about .90 eccentricity. You will level it out once you get into orbit. Then you can go the other way to get to your target eccentricity.

Out all my test I have never had issues finishing these missions with a vessel that has 5300 deltaV. Using far and deadly DR.

Yeah, I kinda derped on that...as I thought the max altitude had to be the "Required altitude" not that you just 'had' to pass that altitude, and it didn't have to be your max -or- minimum altitude, just an altitude you passed @_@

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered. Search didn't help me.

How do i bring repair parts along on repair missions?

I have several sattelites and even Skylab in need of repairs, but i cant figure out how to add parts.

Build a vessel with some sort of Docking part (docking ports, arm, KAS) and the RepairParts.

If i just add anoter RepairPanel to my repair ship, it's empty.

-edit- doh, feel like an idiot, it's the "Repair Can Small", first part in Propulsion.

Edited by Kebra

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered. Search didn't help me.

How do i bring repair parts along on repair missions?

I have several sattelites and even Skylab in need of repairs, but i cant figure out how to add parts.

If i just add anoter RepairPanel to my repair ship, it's empty.

-edit- doh, feel like an idiot, it's the "Repair Can Small", first part in Propulsion.

You need to place repair parts on your vessel. The part for this is located in Same tab as engines and fuel tanks. The parts are located in a small Hexcan that has picture of wrench on it. All you have to do is radially attach the part to your vessel.

Once you fly to the broken satellite all you need to do is transfer parts from hexcan too the RepairPanel.

Just thought I'd chip in with a bug report. For the civilian contracts, I get the parameter to land on Kerbin fulfilled before even launching the craft. I also get the parameters to have the vessel ready to launch with any vessel - even if it wouldn't have space for the civilians. Not sure that is working as intended :) Now that I am aware of the issue, I make sure I only do the civilian contract and no other launches, but it's so easy to forget and try squeezing in another launch in between.

As for a balancing thought, I usually play with the 20% of funds to science points policy, which makes this a very lucrative mission for me. Not sure if the player should be awarded the points for parameters though, but rather for completed mission? I don't know, worth thinking about I guess.

Hello all,

I tried to search the thread for this but the search terms end up being too generic to give me results I'm looking for.

I'm running KSP 0.24.2 32 bit and have installed Fine Print

Here's what I'd like to know:

1. If I install MCE, would it have its own GUI or do the contracts pop up in the KSC mission control building (where stock and Fine Print contracts pop up with Gene Kerman expressing his approval with each click on the available contracts)?

2. I've completed about 40 or so contracts from stock and Fine Print. If I install MCE now, would it mesh well with where I'm in game or do I have to start a new save?

I'd appreciate a response.

I'm trying to disable Orbital Research and Lander Research contracts in the Settings menu, but changing those settings does nothing. If I exit out of the game and return, the settings will be reset. (I've also noticed there are no flags in the config for those settings). Am I doing something wrong?

Just thought I'd chip in with a bug report. For the civilian contracts, I get the parameter to land on Kerbin fulfilled before even launching the craft. I also get the parameters to have the vessel ready to launch with any vessel - even if it wouldn't have space for the civilians. Not sure that is working as intended :) Now that I am aware of the issue, I make sure I only do the civilian contract and no other launches, but it's so easy to forget and try squeezing in another launch in between.

As for a balancing thought, I usually play with the 20% of funds to science points policy, which makes this a very lucrative mission for me. Not sure if the player should be awarded the points for parameters though, but rather for completed mission? I don't know, worth thinking about I guess.

Yeah I have noticed this also, not sure what I can do about it. I going to try something for next version, but not sure if its going to make a difference.

As for the science points in the Administration building. That particular strategy is completely unbalanced and no matter how I set it up, you will get to much science. You can unlock the whole science tree in 1 mission with pretty much any contract and that unbalanced strategy.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to disable Orbital Research and Lander Research contracts in the Settings menu, but changing those settings does nothing. If I exit out of the game and return, the settings will be reset. (I've also noticed there are no flags in the config for those settings). Am I doing something wrong?

A few of the settings files are actually located in your Persistent file, including these. Something you have to remember though is that if you already have a contract type being offered it will not go away because you turn it off. It only means you won't get ANY NEW CONTRACTS. If you cancel out the offered contracts they should not come back. You might have to move around in game to another scene for the save info can be processed into the persistent file, its not a continues save. Only on scenechanges. Then try to see if they come back.

Edited by malkuth

Hello all,

I tried to search the thread for this but the search terms end up being too generic to give me results I'm looking for.

I'm running KSP 0.24.2 32 bit and have installed Fine Print

Here's what I'd like to know:

1. If I install MCE, would it have its own GUI or do the contracts pop up in the KSC mission control building (where stock and Fine Print contracts pop up with Gene Kerman expressing his approval with each click on the available contracts)?

2. I've completed about 40 or so contracts from stock and Fine Print. If I install MCE now, would it mesh well with where I'm in game or do I have to start a new save?

I'd appreciate a response.

Should work fine, you will get historical contracts that start out at the start space race, should be pretty easy contracts though. All the other contracts will be fine.

As for the science points in the Administration building. That particular strategy is completely unbalanced and no matter how I set it up, you will get to much science. You can unlock the whole science tree in 1 mission with pretty much any contract and that unbalanced strategy.

You are right with that, and I guess it's more tuned to the few built in stock missions. None the less, I can unlock the tree faster. I will starve a bit for funds in the beginning, but once I have researched most things, I can just switch it over to science->funds and rep->funds.

You are right with that, and I guess it's more tuned to the few built in stock missions. None the less, I can unlock the tree faster. I will starve a bit for funds in the beginning, but once I have researched most things, I can just switch it over to science->funds and rep->funds.

Yeah and the strange thing about that, having science to Funds and Rep to Funds is much more balanced. Even both those together can not even = what Funds to science gives.

Should work fine, you will get historical contracts that start out at the start space race, should be pretty easy contracts though. All the other contracts will be fine.

Thank you for replying.

Could you please also reply to the first of the two questions in my post?

They appear in the same place as stock contracts and fineprint contracts. With both fineprint and MCE you can find stock contracts getting squeezed out and they seem to appear less often.

Thank you for replying.

Could you please also reply to the first of the two questions in my post?

MCE contracts show up in the same window as stock contracts. MCE also has a button that is used to set up the custom contracts thats built into the default toolbar of KSP.

Indeed when using FinePrint, MCE, the stock contracts will become less. KSP can only handle a default amount of contracts offered at once. Once you have a large list of contracts then they are pretty random where and when they appear. So you could have 3 MCE contracts, 3 FinePrint, and 3 Stock.

It also matters how the other mods have contracts show up. In MCE only 1 contract type will ever show at a time, no duplicates.

So did the issue with completing the luna 2 mission (crashing into mun) get sorted out, even with a `crash this way` method?

No its still a little strange. Added a backup to the check, but had reports that its still an issue sometimes. Just the way KSP reports a crash. I originally had it set up if active vessel crashes finish contract. So when you crashed into the mun and your Command Pod exploded first, you would lose your active vessel title before the destroyed check hit. Now I added a backup for any vessel destroyed, after Command check fails. Its a little better though.

Awright!!!

That's all I needed to know.

I just downloaded it but fortunately read the readme file before installing it.

I'll have to complete the currently active contracts before installing this one.

That might take a while.

Thanks.

That only applies if you have previous version of Mission Controller installed before. You want to finish any active contract from MCE first. Just incase something from the contract has changed in next version.

A few of the settings files are actually located in your Persistent file, including these. Something you have to remember though is that if you already have a contract type being offered it will not go away because you turn it off. It only means you won't get ANY NEW CONTRACTS. If you cancel out the offered contracts they should not come back. You might have to move around in game to another scene for the save info can be processed into the persistent file, its not a continues save. Only on scenechanges. Then try to see if they come back.

Hey, thanks for the reply. The problem persists. I tried doing as you said (specifically, I updated the MCE settings to disable Orbital Research and Lander Research contracts, then I launched a simple ship to make sure I go through a few scene changes). The results are the same; even when I reject those contracts, they'll keep regenerating.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.