(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Hey, thanks for the reply. The problem persists. I tried doing as you said (specifically, I updated the MCE settings to disable Orbital Research and Lander Research contracts, then I launched a simple ship to make sure I go through a few scene changes). The results are the same; even when I reject those contracts, they'll keep regenerating.

Ok I will take a look then, and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Hey, thanks for the reply. The problem persists. I tried doing as you said (specifically, I updated the MCE settings to disable Orbital Research and Lander Research contracts, then I launched a simple ship to make sure I go through a few scene changes). The results are the same; even when I reject those contracts, they'll keep regenerating.

Alright I found and isolated this issue and fixed it. If you wish you can download the PreRelease version I Have of this. I did check it and everything seems to be working right now. Only reason this is a pre release is because I still have some other things to add to new version, but for now at least your issue will be better. :) Thanks for mentioning it for I could find it.

Pre release Version 1.07.03 Github Page.

Alright I found and isolated this issue and fixed it. If you wish you can download the PreRelease version I Have of this. I did check it and everything seems to be working right now. Only reason this is a pre release is because I still have some other things to add to new version, but for now at least your issue will be better. :) Thanks for mentioning it for I could find it.

Pre release Version 1.07.03 Github Page.

Awesome! You are very expedient. :D Just to confirm, I'm using the updated .dll and MCE is saving its settings as expected.

That only applies if you have previous version of Mission Controller installed before. You want to finish any active contract from MCE first. Just incase something from the contract has changed in next version.

Oh, so I don't need to worry about the archives getting deleted with active stock and Fine Print contracts?!

Sweeeeeeet!

I might have to call in sick to work because of this.

Just to confirm then, do I need to follow the following instructions from the first post or does that also only apply when updating this mod from previous version?

When installing new version I highly suggest you do these steps to reset your contracts.

1. Alt-F12

2. Select Contracts tab.

3. Select Tools.

4. Select Clear Current contracts.

5. This will wipe any old contracts and refresh the whole list.

Edited by iFlyAllTheTime

Oh, so I don't need to worry about the archives getting deleted with active stock and Fine Print contracts?!

Sweeeeeeet!

I might have to call in sick to work because of this.

Just to confirm then, do I need to follow the following instructions from the first post or does that also only apply when updating this mod from previous version?

When installing new version I highly suggest you do these steps to reset your contracts.

1. Alt-F12

2. Select Contracts tab.

3. Select Tools.

4. Select Clear Current contracts.

5. This will wipe any old contracts and refresh the whole list.

Nope that is only if updating MCE. Since this is your first install you will have no issues.

So, I'm pretty sure I installed this correctly,

I had one of the parts added by this addon that I had to unlock in the tech-tree.

However, I'm not seeing any GUI where I can change settings as stated in the pdf that comes with the download. I know I can change them in the config file but just wanted to check if I messed up somehow and didn't do a proper job of installing.

Sorry for relentlessly posting questions.

So, I'm pretty sure I installed this correctly,

I had one of the parts added by this addon that I had to unlock in the tech-tree.

However, I'm not seeing any GUI where I can change settings as stated in the pdf that comes with the download. I know I can change them in the config file but just wanted to check if I messed up somehow and didn't do a proper job of installing.

Sorry for relentlessly posting questions.

The icon should be part of the KSP icon toolset.

You can only get to the settings in SpaceCenter Overview usually in top right hand corner and says MCE.

In the vab the icon is used to go to the Parts List and cost breakdown only.

In all other windows there is no icon. Unless your using the Revert button, and that is a big red button that shows only in flight.

The icon should be part of the KSP icon toolset.

You can only get to the settings in SpaceCenter Overview usually in top right hand corner and says MCE.

In the vab the icon is used to go to the Parts List and cost breakdown only.

In all other windows there is no icon. Unless your using the Revert button, and that is a big red button that shows only in flight.

Hmm, away from my PC for the day, but don't remember seeing any of those buttons

For installation, I copied <MissionController EC> into <Gamedata>, ignoring the <RSSBuild> since I don't use real solar system.

Something I noticed, the readme file said "Version 1.01.0", but the downloaded zip file says version 1.07

You think, maybe, deleting and reinstalling would make a difference?

The contracts and the parts are definitely showing up, just not settings button, the red revert button, and I'm pretty sure I'm not being charged to hire any kerbanauts.

My game is closing when im starting up the game -> I delete the Mission Controller folder -> My game loads fine

I would need your output_log.txt log file to check out whats up.

Also don't use 64 BIT KSP.

And last note off top of my head, if you have two many parts in your game in 32 bit it will crash at startup. MCE has 4 parts that might be bringing you over the threshold. You might need a program that reduces Textures.

Hmm, away from my PC for the day, but don't remember seeing any of those buttons

For installation, I copied <MissionController EC> into <Gamedata>, ignoring the <RSSBuild> since I don't use real solar system.

Something I noticed, the readme file said "Version 1.01.0", but the downloaded zip file says version 1.07

You think, maybe, deleting and reinstalling would make a difference?

The contracts and the parts are definitely showing up, just not settings button, the red revert button, and I'm pretty sure I'm not being charged to hire any kerbanauts.

Might have to take a look at your output_log.txt file to see if any issues are causing the toolbutton not to load.

Red Revert button is off by default. Has to be turned on in settings if you could get to it. :)

Maybe a pic of your SpaceCenter view.

Anyones interested starting up doing videos again and my first video in a long time I am doing 2 Mission Controller contracts together using an SSTO.

Contracts.

1. Advanced Satellite To Orbit.

2. Custom Crew Transfer To Orbital Station over kerbin.

Come to find out that in this video I have an older version of Module Manager installed and all the value for NEAR were not loaded for plane. After installing newest version, yeah these space planes no work on reEntry at all. LOL...

Edited by malkuth

I would need your output_log.txt log file to check out whats up.

Also don't use 64 BIT KSP.

And last note off top of my head, if you have two many parts in your game in 32 bit it will crash at startup. MCE has 4 parts that might be bringing you over the threshold. You might need a program that reduces Textures.

But im on almighty Linux! *echo* linux..linux..linux.linux..

Anyways, where I can find the output file? Everything is not the same in KSP directory on Linux as it is on Windows

Anyways, where I can find the output file? Everything is not the same in KSP directory on Linux as it is on Windows

Should be in the KSP_DATA folder. Not sure of the file structure of linux, I would think that file folder would be the same.

I can get you the output log when I get back home.

For now though, the config file in the MissionControllerEC folder has the following entries:

RevertOn = False

DebugMenu = False

Would that have anything to do with it?

Nice video btw! The tease towards Fine Print made me laugh

Edited by iFlyAllTheTime

Nevermind, I found the file representing output file on Windows.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46f5e6dlcz60uht/Player.log?dl=0

Never mind, did check out the file you gave me.. Seems a little different then the Output_log.txt file Im use to on windows. But shows you are using active texture management it seems. Not seeing anything listed that shows errors though. The whole file is just showing what your compressing then ends. But I'm pretty sure you have everysingle mod I have ever seen installed into your game.. LOL. Might have to tone it down a little bit I think. Just a little bit. ;)

Is this the same issue as you posted in the Modded Forum?

- - - Updated - - -

I can get you the output log when I get back home.

For now though, the config file in the MissionControllerEC folder has the following entries:

RevertOn = False

DebugMenu = False

Would that have anything to do with it?

Nice video btw! The tease towards Fine Print made me laugh

No the icon should show no matter how you have things set.

Edited by malkuth

My game is closing when im starting up the game -> I delete the Mission Controller folder -> My game loads fine

I have pretty much the same issue on my main KSP folder (the one with tons of mods). The minute it starts loading Mission Controller it closes. No indication in log though (shows only the previous mod before it). I get only a fast glimpse while on loading screen. If I remove it from the GameData - KSP loads fine.

Funny thing though, it works perfectly fine on a test copy (with less mods).

I am also running KSP on 64bit linux. Becouse having lots od mods at my disposal was so tempting.

Nevermind, I found the file representing output file on Windows.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46f5e6dlcz60uht/Player.log?dl=0

The next version of MCE thats not released yet I have Changed the Format of Textures for part to .png and it reduces the memory use and fixed a stock ksp bug at same time. You can try to replace your Current parts folder with this version and see if it helps. Maybe does not like the format I'm using.

New Parts Folder.

Edited by malkuth

It is not the same issue I posted on the modded forum, problem here is that the game closes when it is loading Mission Controller Mod.

Also, im not using active texture management. Might been wrong file or something, I dont know.

Welp suggest trying active Texture managment.. Even with Linux 64Bit system you can still overrun your RAM.

Also to fix your other issue I take it you unistalled mission controller then this happened?

If you can't get MCE to work, then instead of deleting the whole folder you can just delete all folders except Agencies and that problem should be fixed. That way you will keep the agency file that is causing the issues and at the same time get rid of MCE if its not loading.

If you want to wait a little bit I about to release version 1.08 of MCE in about 20 mins.

Edited by malkuth

The next version of MCE thats not released yet I have Changed the Format of Textures for part to .png and it reduces the memory use and fixed a stock ksp bug at same time. You can try to replace your Current parts folder with this version and see if it helps. Maybe does not like the format I'm using.

New Parts Folder.

Ill look at that tomorrow

Version 1.08 Released.

Version 1.08

1. MCE Parts have all been changed to .png should help reduced ram use and The KSP Texture bug. (And possible Linux texture bug?)

2. Fixed Turning off and On MCE Contracts in settings. This option should work now.

3. Fixed Civilian Countdown Contract text showing up in Other Vessels, and contracts. These are now vessel specific and recorded When vessel enters orbit

Edited by malkuth

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.