(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

• 2 weeks later...

KSP 1.3, MCE 1.4.5.0, Tiros-1 contract doesn't recognise Communotron 16 antenna.

jkD90y0.jpg

And is it possible to move contract definitions to .cfg files, like in Contract Configurator, so that their editing was possible without recompiling the mod?

• 3 weeks later...

Update fix for 1.3.1.  Sorry took so long, didn't realize that 1.3.1 broke anything have not been playing KSP for awhile.

Both github and Curse should be updated but curse update might take a few mins, or hour.  They pretty slow now to approve.  Should say MCE 1.5.0 updated today 11/13/2017

On 10/23/2017 at 3:37 PM, Warro said:

KSP 1.3, MCE 1.4.5.0, Tiros-1 contract doesn't recognise Communotron 16 antenna.

jkD90y0.jpg

And is it possible to move contract definitions to .cfg files, like in Contract Configurator, so that their editing was possible without recompiling the mod?

Ill have to check these out again when I get a chance.  As for .cfg file most likely not without a ton of work.

On 9/24/2017 at 4:53 AM, Vrana said:

The first Apollo mission, Apollo 7: CrewPod Test Flight, is it supposed to have "Land on the Mun" as an objective? Doesn't seem inline with the historical mission it is simulating or its own mission description.

No it should not.  Ill check into it.

Edited by malkuth

Also I am aware of the issues with Part detection.  The devs have gone and changed all the Title Names of all parts it seems like communtron etc and all science stuff.  So now MCE doesn't recognize them.  Going to either get all the new names and or just get rid of the requirements.  Might be a day or two. For now Historical missions might not end correctly when require a certain part.

Alright got a quick fix out for the below issues.  Thanks all, find any more please report them to me, at this point you guys see more of the game than I do!

Github Download is best for now.

1. 2nd update today sorry, but fixed the part detect issues for some of historical missions. No longer ask for specific parts but part types. IE Modules like antennas and science.

2. Fixed the Apollo missions asking you to land on the mun when thats not suppose to be an option.

12 hours ago, RedParadize said:

I am using sigma dimensions mod to rescale at 6.4x and I have negative orbit satellite contract. Is there any way to fix this on my end?

No, not really.  Which contract is it and does it happen for every single one.  Might need to work on the math equations within the code to fix the issue.

2 hours ago, malkuth said:

No, not really.  Which contract is it and does it happen for every single one.  Might need to work on the math equations within the code to fix the issue.

I had two satellite contract like that. One nav and one com. I am at work so I can't say much more right now. I remember there was a config in the older version and I read somewhere that you managed to do without it. If I remember correctly you specified some requirement for it to work but I can't find where I read that.

@malkuth

So, Tiros and Vostok mission orbit are fine, unless if they were supposed to be much higher than 121km 98km respectively. My Sigma rescale the atmo end at 91km. So I guess its about right.
SatelliteContracts orbits are way bellow the surface (Apo -3,079km for a Eq. Radius of 3,840km) 

5 hours ago, RedParadize said:

@malkuth

So, Tiros and Vostok mission orbit are fine, unless if they were supposed to be much higher than 121km 98km respectively. My Sigma rescale the atmo end at 91km. So I guess its about right.
SatelliteContracts orbits are way bellow the surface (Apo -3,079km for a Eq. Radius of 3,840km) 

Ya, I will have to check out the math, I might of messed something up than.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 7:32 PM, RedParadize said:

I am using sigma dimensions mod to rescale at 6.4x and I have negative orbit satellite contract. Is there any way to fix this on my end?

Funny, this is exactly what I popped in to ask about. For what it's worth, I can confirm it and provide info if needed.

Edit:  Looks like the "Network" satellite contracts are affected by the same. ApA; -342km, PeA: -411km.

Unlike RedParadize (apparently,) I'm using the "Rescale!" mods which change the atmosphere height to 112km. This might be something to take into account as well, if you're already fiddling around in the code.

Edited by etmoonshade
Added new info.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't complete a contract.

j4AP6fA.png
The Contract is in the topright. It seems everything is in place. But when I press Start Data Linkup it just changes the "PartLocked" State to True, but the contract does not complete.

All mods are up to date according to AVC and ckan.
Savefile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o35bhza5jz4xpqb/End of 2017.7z?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @malkuth - Thanks for this mod, it's amazing and has been a criticle piece of kerbal for me.  I'm hacing trouble getting the custom contracts to work.  I can't get them to show up in the mission list.  any ideas where i could be going wrong?  here's a copy of my output.log - let me know if there's anything else I can send.

thanks again for any help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl2159vppqhadr4/output_log.txt?dl=0

On 1/14/2018 at 12:06 PM, bojangles9999 said:

Hi @malkuth - Thanks for this mod, it's amazing and has been a criticle piece of kerbal for me.  I'm hacing trouble getting the custom contracts to work.  I can't get them to show up in the mission list.  any ideas where i could be going wrong?  here's a copy of my output.log - let me know if there's anything else I can send.

thanks again for any help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl2159vppqhadr4/output_log.txt?dl=0

Have not played in months but I think I had some issues with the Custom Landing Showing up also because I forgot to Unlink the Requirements for it.  So basically I believe they all right now have requirement that a vessel must be in space that is classified as a station.  You can do this with any vessel really just change its classification.  I will look into fixing this later.  If this don't work just give me a shot.  It will be a little bit before I will have time to look into it though.

On 12/17/2017 at 1:13 PM, Berserker66 said:

Can't complete a contract.

j4AP6fA.png
The Contract is in the topright. It seems everything is in place. But when I press Start Data Linkup it just changes the "PartLocked" State to True, but the contract does not complete.

All mods are up to date according to AVC and ckan.
Savefile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o35bhza5jz4xpqb/End of 2017.7z?dl=0

Think you might have the wrong type of Satellite core.  I can't see the requirements because you don't have them extended but the mission says place a Communication satellite in orbit but you have a navigation Core on your vessel.

On 12/24/2017 at 5:26 AM, CanOmer said:

Is this mod compatible with Strategia?

Yes, It works along side it but not with it.. If that makes sense.  It won't effect it.

On 12/2/2017 at 11:50 AM, etmoonshade said:

Funny, this is exactly what I popped in to ask about. For what it's worth, I can confirm it and provide info if needed.

Edit:  Looks like the "Network" satellite contracts are affected by the same. ApA; -342km, PeA: -411km.

Unlike RedParadize (apparently,) I'm using the "Rescale!" mods which change the atmosphere height to 112km. This might be something to take into account as well, if you're already fiddling around in the code.

Right now I can't guarantee that this mods contracts will work correctly with any Universe Size changing mods.  I have a math error somewhere that is not applying the correct multiplications or corrections for different Planet sizes than default sizes at this time. This is a much more time involved fixed that might take me awhile to solve because I have to come up with a math equation that works with all planet sizes and takes into effect min orbits and max orbits etc.  I had this solved once but I kinda cheated since I'm terrible at math.. Seems like that cheat is not working anymore now that we have more than Default and Earth Scale.

Edited by malkuth

13 minutes ago, malkuth said:

Have not played in months but I think I had some issues with the Custom Landing Showing up also because I forgot to Unlink the Requirements for it.  So basically I believe they all right now have requirement that a vessel must be in space that is classified as a station.  You can do this with any vessel really just change its classification.  I will look into fixing this later.  If this don't work just give me a shot.  It will be a little bit before I will have time to look into it though.

Think you might have the wrong type of Satellite core.  I can't see the requirements because you don't have them extended but the mission says place a Communication satellite in orbit but you have a navigation Core on your vessel.

Yes, It works along side it but not with it.. If that makes sense.  It won't effect it.

Right now I can't guarantee that this mods contracts will work correctly with any Universe Size changing mods.  I have a math error somewhere that is not applying the correct multiplications or corrections for different Planet sizes than default sizes at this time. This is a much more time involved fixed that might take me awhile to solve because I have to come up with a math equation that works with all planet sizes and takes into effect min orbits and max orbits etc.  I had this solved once but I kinda cheated since I'm terrible at math.. Seems like that cheat is not working anymore now that we have more than Default and Earth Scale.

Thanks @malkuth- do you mean, for example, I should launch my satellites into orbit, and then change them to a station?  Then the custom contract will show up in mission control?  Basically, i’m Trying to set up a constellation for remotetech communication.  Let me know and i’ll test it out.  

Let me know if there’s anything more I can do to help.

Thanks again!

On 1/17/2018 at 2:01 PM, bojangles9999 said:

Thanks @malkuth- do you mean, for example, I should launch my satellites into orbit, and then change them to a station?  Then the custom contract will show up in mission control?  Basically, i’m Trying to set up a constellation for remotetech communication.  Let me know and i’ll test it out.  

Let me know if there’s anything more I can do to help.

Thanks again!

yes you only need one though if you already have a station then that is not the issue.

On 1/19/2018 at 12:12 PM, malkuth said:

yes you only need one though if you already have a station then that is not the issue.

Hi @Malkuth.  I've got bad news.  So, I've got 1 satellite in orbit, and changed it to a station type in the tracking station.  when i tried to create a custom com sat mission, I set them to "True" put in the orbit period times and changed the name to something unique, but it did not show up in my list of missions in the mission control.  I tried removing all other mods relating to missions, but did not have success either.  

I'm going to try starting a new save, and see how it works.  let me know if there's anything i can do to help fix it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2018 at 8:39 PM, bojangles9999 said:

@linuxgurugamer - any interest in getting this mod functional? @malkuth would you be interested in help if they are willing? linux is a mod master if i've ever seen one.

Sorry took me so long to start working on this again.  But today I did manage to fix the Landing/Orbit window not working.  I will have to sift through this thread to see the other issues that have been going on. Anyway a Pre-Release is available on my Github.

Version 1.5.2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.