(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Hello, I have a question. Whenever I request a custom contract (send out a bid), it sometimes is quite quick in accepting it to create a custom contract. However, at times it seems to take AGES (like an in game year?). Is this intended or is it by actual time passed, and not game time? Thanks!

• 3 months later...
On 11/15/2020 at 5:20 PM, Appelmoessi said:

Hello, I have a question. Whenever I request a custom contract (send out a bid), it sometimes is quite quick in accepting it to create a custom contract. However, at times it seems to take AGES (like an in game year?). Is this intended or is it by actual time passed, and not game time? Thanks!

I would also be very interested in an answer to this question!

I often wait for years until my contract is accepted !?!

Does anyone know how this system works?

regards

ggerolamo

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/18/2021 at 8:46 PM, Dominiquini said:

Is this mod working on KSP version 1.11.2? Is it still being maintained? It would be a shame if it was abandoned, it seems to be very interesting...

When KSP 1.12 comes out I will update to make it work. But that it.  No more active development on this mod from me.  

On 2/22/2021 at 7:27 AM, ggerolamo said:

I would also be very interested in an answer to this question!

I often wait for years until my contract is accepted !?!

Does anyone know how this system works?

regards

ggerolamo

Quick way through this is to clear out older contracts you don't want.  KSP still uses a weight system, and can only have so many contracts showing at once.  Sometimes just clearing the ones you know you don't want can help get things moving again.   

KSP 1.12 Version Is up and running (didn't have to do much)

1. Updated for KSP 1.12 (Would of ran without the update I believe, didn't have to change a thing)

2. Did get rid of more of the debug code.. I will keep looking for more errors.  But my active development is pretty much done.

3. If you find bugs please just report them in a PM to me and    in this thread.  I really not that active any more in the KSP world. 

You get download off the front page via GitHub And should be showing up on CKAN.. If thats still a thing?

Edited by malkuth

• 5 months later...
On 6/24/2021 at 5:38 PM, malkuth said:

When KSP 1.12 comes out I will update to make it work. But that it.  No more active development on this mod from me.  

Quick way through this is to clear out older contracts you don't want.  KSP still uses a weight system, and can only have so many contracts showing at once.  Sometimes just clearing the ones you know you don't want can help get things moving again.   

Hi, just installed now the mod. I discovered the same issue and I do like you have reported to do here. Is very sad see this, because some of these contracts could be nice to do more often. I mean, today the majority of these missions are for commercial purpose for telecomunications services. I'm surprised to see that when it was release KSP, this element wasn't taken under consideration for the Contracts. I hope to see a better contract system on KSP2.

Thanks for this feature anyway. Can't wait to finished my previous contracts and start to create some satellite networks!

• 3 months later...

I just stumbled onto this mod and it gave me a mission to do weather research on the mun. Is there any kind of late-stage guide to this mod that would help me figure out what that mission actually entails?

Well with the limitations with the missions its odd to get weather contract on moon but  all you need to do is follow the mission objectives.  I have not played for a bit, is there something that is stuck?  

• 2 months later...

Hello! I have an issue with network missions.

I want to do them in a single launch, however i cannot find a way to set each probecore up to the right frequency individually. Whenever i change one core, all other cores get the same settings.

I tried tons of things already, I did NOT place them in symmetry mode, I tried to build them individually and save them as subassemblies, saved them as a vessel and merged them into the rocket, and so on.

Am I missing something or is it a bug?

Still a bloody brilliant mod, so thank you so much for it <3

Edited by Sitri

• 1 month later...

@malkuth

I'm testing this with an eye to using it in my career, however, I have the following problems with it:

1.  The UI is too big, and  extends off the window if the resolution of the height is less than about 1100 or so

2.  When building a contract to orbit or land, every time I click a button, the window jumps.   This is intermittent, I've seen the behaviour on a few of the windows with no pattern yet 

3.  Launch crew to station, and resupply resources to a station, are returning an ArgumentOutOfRangeException.  I thought it might have been that my test save didn't have any vessels in orbit, but I put one in orbit and it still happens

Here is the error:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00029] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at MissionControllerEC.MissionControllerEC.CrewTransferContract () [0x009b6] in <cd182899901643e2be52f09447796420>:0 
  at MissionControllerEC.MissionControllerEC.<Allocate>b__156_4 () [0x00001] in <cd182899901643e2be52f09447796420>:0 
  at DialogGUIButton.OptionSelected () [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at DialogGUIButton.<Create>b__23_1 () [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00010] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00022] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x0001c] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00009] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00007] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) [0x00063] in <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ReleaseMouse(PointerEventData, GameObject)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Also, which may or may not be related, it also generates a couple of NullRefs

This is a snippit showing the nullrefs:

Uploading Crash Report
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MissionControllerEC.MissionControllerEC..ctor () [0x0005c] in <cd182899901643e2be52f09447796420>:0 
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

(Filename: <cd182899901643e2be52f09447796420> Line: 0)

Uploading Crash Report
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PopupDialog.SpawnPopupDialog (MultiOptionDialog dialog, System.Boolean persistAcrossScenes, UISkinDef skin, System.Boolean isModal, System.String titleExtra) [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at MissionControllerEC.MissionControllerEC.Awake () [0x00079] in <cd182899901643e2be52f09447796420>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

And this is the complete log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yhijluf9opv67e/MissionControllerNullRefLog.zip?dl=0

Edit:  Looks like the ArgumentOutOfRange is caused by not having a check for there being any destinations available.

I fixed it locally by adding a check and then a popup dialog, let me know if you want a PR.

Haven't figured out the window jumping yet

Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.