(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Is there a way to mark a mission as complete? I cannot for the life of me complete the single manned land and return to the Mun. I land, objective complete.. I take off.. game crashes, I turn it off to finish the next day or.. anything. At this point I cannot re-select the mission. If I do I have to start over. So after 4 tries im done. I want to move on. Is there way I can mark it finished so I can move onto the 3man mission? ( the same problem will persist im sure, but ill cross that bridge when I come to it ).

Its kinda rough with land and returns. If you land then ascend back to orbit you then HAVE to complete the mission in one sitting at this point.. if not and you have to reselect the package/mission it all resets.

Whats causing your computer to crash?

If you have any finished missions already in your .sp file you can copy one of the finished ones. Paste it and change name the mission name your trying to finish.

MissionStatus
{
vesselGuid = d791d0fe-2ab4-41f6-98f2-b1ff89b8aa35
[B][SIZE=3]missionName = Kerra II[/SIZE][/B]
vesselName = Type 3 Orbiter
payment = 50000
goalPayment = 0
endTime = 16960.5562996294
[B][SIZE=3]repeatable = False[/SIZE][/B]
repeatableSameVessel = False
endOfLife = 0
passiveReward = 0
lastPassiveRewardTime = 0
punishment = 100000
clientControlled = False
}

If its not repeatable then make sure that part is set to false too.

This might not work, but its worth a try.

Edited by malkuth

It's probably a Realism Overhaul problem just like I thought, I'll maybe bug Nathan :P

Its not really a problem, something about that command pod is adjusted way over what the three man pod is. All MCE does is check modules and uses a formula to come up with what something is worth. Command pods are adjusted for number of kerbals, amount of fuels, mass and other % based off scalers. You can see this in the MCSettings.cfg file. Pretty much every value is adjustable.. (and I keep adding more every release) You might have to give it a read, but still the only way that pod is more then 3 man is if its values is way out of wack vs the 3 man pod.

In retrospect MCE should in all theory scale with RSS.

Its not really a problem, something about that command pod is adjusted way over what the three man pod is. All MCE does is check modules and uses a formula to come up with what something is worth. Command pods are adjusted for number of kerbals, amount of fuels, mass and other % based off scalers. You can see this in the MCSettings.cfg file. Pretty much every value is adjustable.. (and I keep adding more every release) You might have to give it a read, but still the only way that pod is more then 3 man is if its values is way out of wack vs the 3 man pod.

In retrospect MCE should in all theory scale with RSS.

Yeah but the RO pack (RO, Real Fuels, RSS, etc) all make major adjustments to all those things :) For example I think everything has a higher mass than stock Kerbal and I imagine MCE charges more for more mass?

Malkuth how configurable is the cost calculation? Can this all be configured using cfg files, or would source need to be modified?

All cost multipliers are editable.

The last update I even added a seperate % scaler for mission payouts. (more or less your choice) All are editable in MCSettings.cfg. Its all explained in the .cfg file what is what.. And what happens when you change something. Its pretty bloated now, but again pretty much every single value MCE uses can be edited now. ;)

Also Sneak peak at what I been doing last couple of weeks.

pmtWifl.jpg

Also, most fuels are really cheap but LOX and LH2 are super expensive, could it be because RealFuels now makes 1 unit = 1 liter? and I bet electric charge would have issues too

In coding terms a Int is an int.. And double is a double.. 1 is 1. ;) So nope. Realfuels has its own set values in MCE.. :) That can be changed in MCsettings. ;) Just a hint. Unless 1 unit = 5 liters.. Then should make no difference.

Edited by malkuth

So while testing the x64 linux version of KSP to see if I can go past 4GB (currently at 2.8GB), I went and added at least 30 kerbals at once. This resulted in a list of hirings that went off the screen. I was not able to move this window and I could not access the setting window as well. A rare occurance, I know, but the ability to scroll the hiring window might fix it.

Ok, I just have to say that I love this mod. Much better and immersive than the stock science (I am playing in Sandbox). Here is a few suggestions that I would love to see in the mod in the future:

- Mass Production - an ability to select one part (or two, or three) that will be mass produced, and therefore it's cost reduced. This will force the player to design smarter and reuse a single part several times for cost benefit. If player desires to change the mass production to another part, it would be possible, but at a price price due to change of manufacturing equipment, again making the player think better in the first place. Real world example: SpaceX is mass producing Merlin engine which they are using on both the first (9 of them) and second stage (single) so that they reduce the cost of manufacturing 2 different engines.

- Actually reusable parts after recovery - Instead of automatically getting the money back after the debris has been unloaded-recovered (parachuting or powered landing), IMO, the recovered parts should be "stored" in a warehouse. Then, the next time when you build the ship with the parts that have been previously recovered (in the "warehouse"), the part should come free (or with minor price tag for refurbishing). This would make the player again design better and have in mind that launching the same rockets multiple time is more beneficial that designing new ones each time. Otherwise, if you wish to sell/scrap the recovered parts, you can, but you will get less money than when reusing it. Real world example: Well so far, only the Shuttle reused the orbiter and SRBs, if you don't count aviation in general.

- Distance dependent recovery - (I don't know if this is already in the mod, I haven't checked yet) First, when unloaded, depending on where the debris' trajectory impact point is, see if it's falling on the water or land, and second, according to the distance from the KSC, add the recovery cost. Further it lands from KSC, higher the cost. If landing on the runway (or pad) the recovery should be basically full part price. Real world example: The Shuttle's SRBs had to be recovered by US Navy which added cost to the program, while recovery of orbiter from the runway needed refurbishing of TPS tiles.

- Contracts, better missions - Right now, the missions are straightforward.. Select a single mission, do the job. There is not much variety than that. If you lose your money, you basically can't do anything. It would be much better to add another layer of mission types, for example contract signing, where you would get paid UP FRONT. For example.. Communication department could ask for 10 satellites to be deployed in orbit. So they give you some starting money and promise you more after you accomplish the first part (for example delivering 5), and then all the money when you deliver all of them. These are not straightforward 10 missions, but the end goal is to deploy 10 of them, you can launch as many rockets as you like. You could launch each satelite on a single rocket, or you might launch all of the 10 on the single rocket. But the moment when you have 10 satellites in orbit with certain parts (communotrons and such), is when you finish the contract.

On the other hand, for example there could be "craft development" contracts, for example military gives you a contract to develop a reliable spaceplane. The requirements are that it, on 5 consequent missions, can launch into a certain orbit, and land on the KSC runway. If you run 2 missions successfully and fail on the third one, you still didn't fail, but you will have to improve the design and do it again until you manage to get 5 consequent missions. Then, there could be another advanced contract where not only you have to launch into certain orbit and land, but you also have to carry a certain weight.. And so on.

- Manufacturer contracts - This is like a combination of mass production and "contracts" where a certain manufacturer (for example Rockomax) could give you a discount on their parts, or a requirement to use them to get a total price reduction (sort of like advertising xD). This would add more interesting design again.

- Random events for random missions - Instead of chosing random missions or contract, you could get them at random time.. For example you get mail from Rockomax that they are offering a contract for reduced price of their parts..

That's it from me for now xD Hope you will think about these ideas

EDIT: some more,

- Technology research - The only reason I would get the technology research is the rocket powered landing. It doesn't really make sense that you just started the rocket age, and right at the beginning you already have rocket powered landing xD RPL is something that is no functional rockets are even possible today, but research is being done. Maybe RPL should come as an unlockable (with a big price) technology that you could research.

- Balancing values - I know that you can modify values in MC, but it's just weird that propellants cost that much, I don't know if the solid fuel is expensive, but LOX and H2 are pretty low cost comparing to the rocket. That is why the rockets are better to be reusable cause the price of manufacturing is much much much higher than the propellant.

Edited by nothke

I have been using this mod for a short time, but I noticed something that may be a bug?

When I disable the plugin (within the settings menu) and launch a ship, it shows in the build log as $0.00 cost, but in the finance window the cost of the ship shows under Total Spent Vessels. I am wondering if I am required to reload the save game, or ksp totally to have the setting take effect? Or is the intended behaviour?

I got a strange bug right now, lets say I have 100 000, I launch my shuttle that costs 75 000 and recycle it after landing on the runway (I get back 60 000).. And.. Suddenly, looks like I never spent any money! I go to VAB and I have 160 000!!! If I go to ships log, the Shuttle is not there.. Like I never constructed it.

Thought I would give you guys an update on the next Dev Build. Custom Contracts is now working. I have the system in place and all I have to do is come up with the bidding system (already half in place with prices) and a few finishing touches on what happens when you finish a custom contract.

Right now because Im having issues with Nesting List inside list the contract system is pretty simple. At this point you can set only 1 goal for each mission. (again because of nesting issues and the way MCE saves to a file) So in theory you can set up an orbit goal for the Mun (or any body) orbit, then set up a landing goal and land.... Then go home. Once I get the nesting issue solved. I plan on having the ability to have all the goals within a SubMission Goal, that way you can make pretty complicated missions.

Goal at release you will be able to set up.

OrbitGoal

LandingGoal

DockingGoal

CrashGoal

EVAGoal

Later I will add more. It enough to get most people set with custom missions they want to set up. Think of it more as a quick mission builder then a complicated Mission Builder (your still better off making your own the old way if thats what you want)

But I did test my first Custom Contract and it all worked out great.

Hopefully by the end of week I will have dev version out for testing.

I got a strange bug right now, lets say I have 100 000, I launch my shuttle that costs 75 000 and recycle it after landing on the runway (I get back 60 000).. And.. Suddenly, looks like I never spent any money! I go to VAB and I have 160 000!!! If I go to ships log, the Shuttle is not there.. Like I never constructed it.

This bug, I solved it. I messed up config file somehow. I just wanted to reduce the fuel cost xD I put the backup config and it works now.

This bug, I solved it. I messed up config file somehow. I just wanted to reduce the fuel cost xD I put the backup config and it works now.

Fuelmode0 will reduce the total value for all fuels (this is starting level with research)

fuelmode1 is the researched level.

If you want to finetune it more with each fuel then all you have to do is edit the Resouce Cost further down the list. With these values you can set each resource lower or higher by name. they are all listed under this.

for instance.

LiquidFuel
{
cost = 4
tank = 0.01
}

Don't worry about the tank part that is already set for this type of fuel.. And the others. You want to edit the cost. cost = 4 means that liquidFuel cost 4 Credits per 1 Unit of fuel. So changing it to 2 will reduce it by half.

Edited by malkuth

I posted this elsewhere, but I think this is actually the right place:

Hiya all, new forum user here. I'm having a few problems in the MCE mod. I was able to get it to run no problem, installed it and the newest version of toolbar, but I can't figure out a few things: First, some of the buttons on the toolbar don't seem to work - the budget button and the MCE settings buttons don't do anything for me, but the mission and MCE research buttons work so I can run the missions no problem. The second thing is a bigger problem - I can't get my mission completion to save! Every time I re-open the game, it thinks I haven't completed any of the missions! I've tried with 2 separate mission packs, "stock" and "NT Space Program," but every time, same problem! Oddly, it DOES remember the MCE research items that I've unlocked (recycling, construction I + II, etc...), so I have no idea what to do

Please help! For now I'm going to try to use the quicksave to get around this, but I doubt that's going to be a permanent solution

Now that the kOS Mod has been resurrected I've been trying to work out how to make some mission configs for it using this mod - things like "gain X science points for a successful Hover that remains within +/- 5 meters of the target altitude on Kerbin." or "gain X science points for a successful landing on the runway" and so on. The point being that these would be tests of the ability of the player to write bits of kOS script that accomplish hard tasks. But to do this properly I'd need some sort of MissionGoal check along the lines of "no player piloting inputs occurred during this time". I think just checking for the use of the yoke (WASDQE) and throttle (Shift/Ctrl) is probably enough but the hard part would be ensuring that it still allowed those controls to be used if they're used by kOS code, and still allowing the keyboard to have those keys pressed as long as they're being pressed in a terminal window and not controlling the craft.

Is a thing like that reasonably doable?

I posted this elsewhere, but I think this is actually the right place:

Hiya all, new forum user here. I'm having a few problems in the MCE mod. I was able to get it to run no problem, installed it and the newest version of toolbar, but I can't figure out a few things: First, some of the buttons on the toolbar don't seem to work - the budget button and the MCE settings buttons don't do anything for me, but the mission and MCE research buttons work so I can run the missions no problem. The second thing is a bigger problem - I can't get my mission completion to save! Every time I re-open the game, it thinks I haven't completed any of the missions! I've tried with 2 separate mission packs, "stock" and "NT Space Program," but every time, same problem! Oddly, it DOES remember the MCE research items that I've unlocked (recycling, construction I + II, etc...), so I have no idea what to do

Please help! For now I'm going to try to use the quicksave to get around this, but I doubt that's going to be a permanent solution

Delete your config.xml file. This stores the save postion for all windows. And for some reason your windows have saved in a position that is off screen for you. Deleting the file will set everywindow to default at the 0 position. Its located in the same place that your MCE save files are. \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MissionController\Plugins\PluginData\MissionController.

I have been thinking of a quicker way to fix this, with a button. The problem is if the window with the button disappears then you still can't fix it. The only other way I can think of is putting the hard limits into where the windows can go on screen.. Which could in theory though mess up lower res movement of windows. Or I could make it for settings is not saved at all, that way if the button is in settings to reset the windows it can never disappear.

Edited by malkuth

If it hasn't already been suggested in the past 100 pages.

Mission parameter: Mass of the final vehicle achieving the objective or stage.

Also the greater the mass of the final vehicle achieving, the greater the reward.

Getting the reward to scale up could be interesting, as the greater the mass, the exponentially greater amount of fuel required.

I have an issue, too.

I'm playing the KASA mission pack with your devbuild3.

I'm on a docking mission and the docking goal doesn't switch to True after docking.

Edit: Even Stock docking mission is not working.

Just tested on my end and had no issues. The biggest problem that happens with a docking goal is the Vessel Id changing. Or if the Docking goal is inside a SubMissionGoal ID problems can happen. Usually if the Docking Goal a goal all by itself, these problems tend not to happen as much.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.