(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

No. The toolbar icon is present. The problem is that clicking the little icon of the rocket, which SHOULD make the current mission window appear, doesn't - at least not while you're on the SPH screen. Once you leave the SPH screen and get to the KSC view, then the current mission window is suddenly there. Both this error and the error with the ship cost window seemed to start happening at the same time, although they don't both manifest at the same time they both seem related. And again, the problem only ever happens in the SPH.

This is dev build 6.

I had once clicked on the "upgrade toolbar" button by mistake but I immediately quit from the browser webpage that it brought up, without downloading the file. I didn't go through with it. Might the act of clicking the button caused Toolbar to somehow throw some part of itself away, expecting it to be replaced by the download that never came?

No pushing that button should cause no problems, just seems your having issues with SPH for some reason and can't seem to reproduce it on this end.

I think I have found a bug, but frankly its been a reeeallly long time since I've written any code - also this may be a working-as-intended issue.

I noticed this because my missions were not paying out correctly - or perhaps, the math just wasn't working as I thought it should.

When the a vehicle is launched MCE is multiplying the cost of the vehicle by the payoutmode and subtracting that product from your available funds.

For example, if you are in payoutmode1, a 20% increase to rewards, the cost to launch a vessel is Total Vessel Cost as seen on the Ship Breakdown window increased by 20%. I assume that is not intended?

onLaunch calls manager.costs which in turn calls reward with the value of the ship as a negative. I think reward is multiplying any value, positive or negative, it receives by the payoutmode.

Thanks much for the mod.

You would be correct. ;) Fixed for next version. Thanks for the info.

Very hard to notice because unless you already have Payoutlevels researched then the values really are not noticable at level 0. But once you researched higher levels it would become a major problem.. :)

But its fixed now. Will upload new version soon.

Edited by malkuth

This may seem like an odd question, but here goes, I have been playing with mods I use FASA, Being form the us I like the idea of reliveing our glory days... what I was wondering is if any one has tested this with FASA tac life support and kw rocketry? the big one that worries me is TAC life support, and that the food water and o2 I need might make my space craft to hard to keep in a budget? also if there's not any missions for this you might want to think about making some maned sub orbital flights, like mercury redstone

Why in package selection menu cant i select default pack? Only random and stock.

There is no default pack. Only packs that ship with MCE are stock and random. You can see other files because of the way the file browser works, but can't select them. What your seeing is most likely the default save file. I have tried to change it for you can't see other files, but the KSP.IO system seems a little screwy when you select certain options. I try again before .50 see if I can get it to work and only see Mission packages.

Edited by malkuth

Hey Malkuth, have a small issue when creating new missions. I'm trying to integrate a few missions with SCANsat parts, but after adding the parts to the rocket, when loaded on the launchpad, it says I don't have the part on the vessel? Even though I do? Part count is set to 1

This may seem like an odd question, but here goes, I have been playing with mods I use FASA, Being form the us I like the idea of reliveing our glory days... what I was wondering is if any one has tested this with FASA tac life support and kw rocketry? the big one that worries me is TAC life support, and that the food water and o2 I need might make my space craft to hard to keep in a budget? also if there's not any missions for this you might want to think about making some maned sub orbital flights, like mercury redstone

Im about to release .50 today at some point. And the devbuilds already have this.. Anyway the new version has what is called custom contracts where you can make your own missions and a company will fund these missions for you. When you play the new version you can either just pay for the missions yourself out of current funds (for doing other missions) or you can set up a custom contract that you can specify the orbit of the station you want to supply (where it is) and that you want to dock with it. Then land at kerbin (or not pays out more the more goals you have)

Once you set up your vessel, and send it up under the new contract once you dock with vessel you will get payed for mission you just made. Unless you want to land, then you will get payed once you safely land.

So in a nutshell with the new custom contracts you can in theory make any mission for any mod you like.. Including Remote Tech 2 and all the others that specify certain vessels to be at a certain place. And its all pretty simple to do. I can make missions in about 45 seconds.

And yes those mods work with MCE I using them right now in my Game with .50. But instead of KW rocketry. I use AIES instead. But KW will work too. Prices too.

Edited by malkuth

Hey Malkuth, have a small issue when creating new missions. I'm trying to integrate a few missions with SCANsat parts, but after adding the parts to the rocket, when loaded on the launchpad, it says I don't have the part on the vessel? Even though I do? Part count is set to 1

I have to see what you added. Can you please show the code you used?

I have to see what you added. Can you please show the code you used?

Mission

{

name = Mapping Kerbin

description =

reward = 40000

scienceReward = 45

category = PROBE, SCIENCE

passiveMission = true

passiveReward = 250

SubMissionGoal

{

description = Get into a near polar, low Kerbin orbit, and start collecting data from your sensor. Make sure you have enough eletrical charge at all times so we can constantly scan the surface.

minSeconds = TIME(2d)

OrbitGoal

{

body = Kerbin

minPeA = 70000

maxApA = 240000

minInclination = 70

maxInclination = 110

}

PartGoal

{

partName = SCANsat_Scanner

partCount = 1

reward = 146

}

ResourceGoal

{

name = ElectricCharge

minAmount = 10

}

}

PartGoal

partName = dockingPort3

partCount = 1

optional = true

reward = 313

}

}

I actually copied the part name from the part.cfg so it's correct spelling and everything.

Hmm ok something else has happened... Mission Controller isn't detecting the part now, as in the mission box it just gives the part name, and not the name of the object in-game.

I've checked with all SCANsat parts... its doing the same.

Edited by Shaun
Missed something out

Hmm ok something else has happened... Mission Controller isn't detecting the part now, as in the mission box it just gives the part name, and not the name of the object in-game.

I've checked with all SCANsat parts... its doing the same.

Try it like this.

PartGoal
{
partName = SCANsat.Scanner
partCount = 1
reward = 146
}

underscores convert to . in KSP ;)

Ah that's done the trick! Thanks Malkuth!

Oh and one more thing... additional rewards don't seem to be working when completing an optional subMission.

They get added there is just no popup to tell you so. Its pretty easy to miss. I keep forgetting to add a pop up for it when it happens. ;)

Mission Controller .50 Released.

Thanks everyone that decided to play the Dev Versions and help me get most of bugs.. Sure some still exist but I think its time for the official .50 version. With this update I have updated the manual and the front page with all the new changes to make contracts more easy to understand for new players.

Oh important note for Dev Version users. Before you update your dev version to MCE .50 make sure you finish any Random contracts you might be in process of completing. .50 adds a few new Random Contract missions that will throw your old contracts out of place.

And yes your old saves from Dev Version will still work.. Just the contract orders have changed. So finish them up and you should be good to go.

Version .50 Changes

1. Lots of little bug fixes.

2. New Random Contract System

3. New Custom Contract System

4. MCE now has companies that give you Contracts and will pick up your custom contract

5. Majirs CompatibilityChecker added.

6. Reset Button added to Settings For GUI Widows.

7. Reset Button added to Settings for Contract Time Reset.

8. Missions and contracts now payout for Science correct (broke in older versions)

9. Can now specify a biome for landing goal for mission makers (thanks jamis)

10. Can now hire kerbals and they cost money when you do hire them.

You can download .50 from the front page as usual. :) Good Luck.

There is no default pack. Only packs that ship with MCE are stock and random. You can see other files because of the way the file browser works, but can't select them. What your seeing is most likely the default save file. I have tried to change it for you can't see other files, but the KSP.IO system seems a little screwy when you select certain options. I try again before .50 see if I can get it to work and only see Mission packages.

Ok, thanks for explaining. I think that i might actually install some pack, maybe kerbals in space mission pack. But im too lazy to play new savegame, maybe i will apply mission controller to my old one, when im done with mun and minmus landing already.

Have you thought about missions connected to interstellar mod? Like, teststing reactors and other drive.

Or missions remote-tech related, of setting satellite networks etc.

Edited by kiwiak

Ok, thanks for explaining. I think that i might actually install some pack, maybe kerbals in space mission pack. But im too lazy to play new savegame, maybe i will apply mission controller to my old one, when im done with mun and minmus landing already.

Have you thought about missions connected to interstellar mod? Like, teststing reactors and other drive.

Or missions remote-tech related, of setting satellite networks etc.

I have yes. But now with custom contracts most of the remote Tech stuff can be done with that. But maybe if I have some time I can add some more advanced Interstellar mod missions. I been spending most the week playing KSP and having a blast, just finished up some code today to get .50 out.. And going back at playing some more. :)

Oh and was not able to get the other files not to show up in Filebrowser. KSP.IO doesn't support it for some reason.

How does one install this?

I'm greatly confused.

To install

1. Open up the Zip file or Rar File (zip is from spaceport. Rar from dropbox.

2. when you open up the file you will see two files ooo_Toolbar and MissionController.

3. All you have to do is place these two files inside your: Kerbal Space Program\GameData directory.

Note if your on steam your directory will be located like this.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

Thats it load up KSP and play away. ;)

Something I noticed everyone should be aware of. I'm doing a Custom Contract with 3 kerbals to Duna. Its a large mission with 3 seperate vessels that Dock Together. The orbiter, the lander and the Interplanetary stage. Noticed that when I got to duna I passed the first objective Orbit.. But once I detatched the lander, it counts as a new vessel and the objectives no longer save. So just be aware of this. I will have a fix by Thursday night. I just have to give you the option for Missions Can be completed by other vessels. This way this won't happen to anyone. :)

Very nice!

I just remembered what I'd like to see... how about ORs in mission objectives?

E.g. Your vessel must have docking port OR docking port junior.

Or you could choose a polar orbit of either inclination; 80°-100° (for a north launch) OR 260°-280° (for a south launch)

Very nice!

I just remembered what I'd like to see... how about ORs in mission objectives?

E.g. Your vessel must have docking port OR docking port junior.

Or you could choose a polar orbit of either inclination; 80°-100° (for a north launch) OR 260°-280° (for a south launch)

Some of the contract missions do have Or Mission Goals. Mostly the Satellite ones, they give the option of what Docking Port to use. And The Choice of inclination is totally possible. Just not with Custom Contract Maker yet.

Some of the contract missions do have Or Mission Goals. Mostly the Satellite ones, they give the option of what Docking Port to use. And The Choice of inclination is totally possible. Just not with Custom Contract Maker yet.

Hmm can it be done manually with custom missions made via .mpkg to notepad files?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.