(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Hmm can it be done manually with custom missions made via .mpkg to notepad files?

Yup instead of using a SubMissionGoal use OrMissionGoal anything within that OrMissionGoal will be an Or.

Also there is NorMissionGoal anything within the NorMissionGoal cannot be done.

Unfortunately in case you ask they can't be Nested.

Take a look at the MCContracts.cfg file. This holds all the Base missions for the Random Contract Generator, some examples of OrMissionGoals are inside.

Edited by malkuth

Yup instead of using a SubMissionGoal use OrMissionGoal anything within that OrMissionGoal will be an Or.

Also there is NorMissionGoal anything within the NorMissionGoal cannot be done.

Unfortunately in case you ask they can't be Nested.

Take a look at the MCContracts.cfg file. This holds all the Base missions for the Random Contract Generator, some examples of OrMissionGoals are inside.

Ah thank you Malkuth! I never thought making a mission pack would be so fun :P

Money payout doesn't happen if you exit the dialog boxes in the wrong order.

Take on a mission in which there's a CrashGoal.

Fly it to the end, and perform the crash.

When you do the crash, the mission payout window appears where you can click the button to get your payout. But *also* at the same time KSP makes the crash diagnostic window appear, with the debug log, and options to revert the flight or go to space center or tracking station.

If you answer KSP's stock crash window first, going back to the space center, and THEN while on the space center screen try to answer the mission payout window (which is still there waiting to be clicked on) then the window goes away as expected, but you don't get the payout. It seems that to get the payout you must click the payout window *before* you click the crash report window. In other words once you leave the "vessel" and go back the space center, you can't get the payout anymore. At least that's what I noticed when I tried it.

Version .51 Changes

1. Added More support for Interstellar Mod. Now the prices for those engines should be a little more reasonable. Please note though that the Thermal Nozzles will show a crazy price in description of part they only actually cost less then 1000 credits. I can't seem to fix this because how the values of thermal Rockets are written.

2. Added a new value in MCSettings.cfg file called futureEngines. This is the value that is used to control those High ISP engines in all the future mods.

3. Added a new option to Custom Contracts called Vessel Independent this Fixes the problem with using separate large vessels in a mission. Before if you put together a large vessel by Ship and docked them, Then used the

vessel in a mission, parts of the mission would not be able to be completed because all the vessels have different IDs. Only useful in this situation.

If a vessel is launched all in one piece this is not needed keep it false! Only for those Multi Vessel Missions you might be planning.

4. Added more info to the Custom Contracts Display screen. Made it more of a manual.

5. Added a fix for the overpriced MechJeb Part should only cost 1400 credits now.

Lot of the values in Interstellar mod are a little strange to work with for pricing using MCE Price algorithms. I have tried to get them as good as possible. But remember the Thermal Nozzles don't cost what they say in the description. Once you place the part the real value will show up and be charged. Also the Plasma Engines might seem wrong. (the smaller ones are more expensive then larger ones) but the smaller ones have the Most ISP vs the Bigger ones. So the small ones are more expensive.

You can download the new version on front page. Good luck.

Edited by malkuth

Money payout doesn't happen if you exit the dialog boxes in the wrong order.

Take on a mission in which there's a CrashGoal.

Fly it to the end, and perform the crash.

When you do the crash, the mission payout window appears where you can click the button to get your payout. But *also* at the same time KSP makes the crash diagnostic window appear, with the debug log, and options to revert the flight or go to space center or tracking station.

If you answer KSP's stock crash window first, going back to the space center, and THEN while on the space center screen try to answer the mission payout window (which is still there waiting to be clicked on) then the window goes away as expected, but you don't get the payout. It seems that to get the payout you must click the payout window *before* you click the crash report window. In other words once you leave the "vessel" and go back the space center, you can't get the payout anymore. At least that's what I noticed when I tried it.

That is right. Its mentioned in the Known Issues. But something I can't fix because that window is totally evil and Reverts your KSP save back. So don't use it, exit out and leave from the regular menu system. Don't know why they still have that dang window showing up. Its not good.

Hmm question... how do I write VESSEL INDEPENDENT into mkpg files?

Its a bool so in any MissionGoal (not submissiongoal by itself)

vesselIndenpendent = true (false is default setting and is ignored)

This was orginally used to make EVA MissionGoal work. So use it sparingly because this stops Goals from being saved. So player has to do the whole mission in one sitting.

There is also special = true (again false is default) this works very simular to vesselIndenpendent but in this case the goal does save, but does not save the Vessel ID. Special can only ever be used by itself with a mission goal and not inside a subMissionGoal with a bunch of other missiongoals. Or goals will not save and get confused.

Edited by malkuth

That is right. Its mentioned in the Known Issues. But something I can't fix because that window is totally evil and Reverts your KSP save back.

You appear to be operating under the assumption that I used that window to pick one of the two revert flight options. I didn't. I picked the one that doesn't revert the save: "Space Center".

So don't use it, exit out and leave from the regular menu system.

I can't get to it. The crash menu IS the only menu at that point. It has both the revert and non-revert options on it.

Yes but you can exit out of the window. Don't use the go to spacecenter button in that menu because that also reverts your game. Trust me i have tested it out. Just exit out of window, then push esc and then use that window to go spacenter.

What I meant about I can't fix it is that I can't stop the window from showing its hard coded into ksp to pop up when your vessel is destroyed.

I'm not home right now to see the window but it either has an exit button or you can esc out of it to close it.

Edited by malkuth

Version .52 is Up

1. Fix for Research Efficient Fuels not being applied when researched. Now when you research Efficient fuels you will get a reduction of Fuel Cost when Building ships.

New update is available on front page.

Not sure how this happened or why, or whats going on.. Or if this actually ever really worked (I know it use too) But something I changed made this not work.. And I had to totally change it in the code to actually start working. But it works now.. Or again.. Or whatever happened... You get the reduction now!

It seams to me that when you land a rocket part, such as an SRB, and recover it, you should recover the ship value into your budget. I've been doing this with TT Never Unload but haven't been able to recover the value. This seems to make a realistic recovery system impossible. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

It seams to me that when you land a rocket part, such as an SRB, and recover it, you should recover the ship value into your budget. I've been doing this with TT Never Unload but haven't been able to recover the value. This seems to make a realistic recovery system impossible. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

The problem with TT neverUnload is that the Auto Recycle feature is waiting for the parts you Dropped to unload (thats how it works) and if they are not unloading then you can't get the payout for them. Only regular recycling when you push the recover button will work in this case. So any staged parts will be lost forever.

You need the toolbar mod to use it. And newest version defaults all buttons to invisible. You have to select it and set the buttons you want to be visible. The toolbar mid is pre packaged with mce so you should have it.

Just a quick "Thank you" for continuously developing this.

Career mode is now bloody challenging, to say the least. Too little tech to do something meaningful, too little money to do something meaningful with too little tech. I'm loving it!

You need the toolbar mod to use it. And newest version defaults all buttons to invisible. You have to select it and set the buttons you want to be visible. The toolbar mid is pre packaged with mce so you should have it.

what is this toolbar mod?

nevermind i got it.

wait no i don't. i have the toolbar mod and mission controller and I still have no buttons of any sort showing up, now the ship cost other money window arent there.

Edited by kanelives

For some reason the buttons are not showing up, and they're not in the Configure Visible Buttons menu either.

The current budget and vessel cost do show up though.

Any help?

Can you show me, or tell me what is installed into your GameData folder? Only reason this would happen is if you don't have MCE installed correct.

For the two guys having issues installing these. When you download MCE and open the file you will have two Folders inside the file.

ooo_toolbar
missionController

Both these files should be inside your gamedata folder. So without any other mods installed.. Your gamedata folder will look like this.

ooo_toolbar
missioncontroller
squad

At no time ever. Should you be moving the folder arrangments inside 000_toolBar or Missioncontroller. The download is just as simple as dropping the 2 files into you gamedata folder and then playing the game.. Nothing more.

your gamedata folder is located at C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

If your using steam its loation is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

This is for windows PC systems.

For Other systems like mac I afraid I don't know how that file structure works but there are tons of threads that talk about it, pretty sure the structure is the same though.

Biggest suggestion is to start over. Delete both MissionController and Toolbar and try again from scratch.

Edited by malkuth

Is there a mission pack that makes missions for the KSO mod?

I don't think there is. But KSO is just a shuttle craft. So, not sure what you mean? Do you want shuttle missions? Most of the satellite missions could be KSO type missions. I don't play with KSO so Im not sure what it even cost in MCE. So maybe its to expensive for those.

You can also make your own missions with custom contracts if you wish. Try it out and give me the heads up on what it cost and stuff. Maybe next update I can balance it out for you guys. But I don't have time right now to test it out myself. Need to know the cost of it.

Keep in mind though, that the real shuttle was extremely expensive to launch for even nasa. ;)

Edited by malkuth

Haaa... I wasn't installing it wrong. I have two iterations of ksp and I was putting mission controller in one of them and launching the other one without mission controller so no wonder it never showed up.

Oops. My bad lol. Great mod for sure though!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.