(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Haaa... I wasn't installing it wrong. I have two iterations of ksp and I was putting mission controller in one of them and launching the other one without mission controller so no wonder it never showed up.

Oops. My bad lol. Great mod for sure though!

I do that sometimes.. I have like 3 different KSP installed.. So I know what its like doing that. ;)

I don't think there is. But KSO is just a shuttle craft. So, not sure what you mean? Do you want shuttle missions? Most of the satellite missions could be KSO type missions. I don't play with KSO so Im not sure what it even cost in MCE. So maybe its to expensive for those.

You can also make your own missions with custom contracts if you wish. Try it out and give me the heads up on what it cost and stuff. Maybe next update I can balance it out for you guys. But I don't have time right now to test it out myself. Need to know the cost of it.

Keep in mind though, that the real shuttle was extremely expensive to launch for even nasa. ;)

Oh you can make your own missions with the contracts tab? That is awesome! (runs off to make missions)

first stab at career, and using MCE to spice it up. I noticed that the research screen I only get a couple of parts automatically with the initial research and the rest I need to pay an entry purchase for. I don't see any cost deductions hitting my ledger though when I am researching them. Is that an issue with the game or MCE?

first stab at career, and using MCE to spice it up. I noticed that the research screen I only get a couple of parts automatically with the initial research and the rest I need to pay an entry purchase for. I don't see any cost deductions hitting my ledger though when I am researching them. Is that an issue with the game or MCE?

Are you using Tree Loader as well? I noticed that parts moved to the start node will show as not being purchased. Quite annoying to be honest. :)

Research is free, and the entry purchase prices are not part of MCE, thats default KSP stuff. ;) All parts are free. Any mod part you add after you researched something will have to go through the unlocking thing by selecting them.. Again this is a KSP thing and not a MCE.

my first career mission was a contract I made to crash into Kerbin. It told me I would get 53 science points and after I did indeed crash the box came up telling me to finish and save results. I clicked that, then the catastrophic failure window came up with my flight review and I clicked to return to the spaceport. My money was there in my balance but not the science points.

my first career mission was a contract I made to crash into Kerbin. It told me I would get 53 science points and after I did indeed crash the box came up telling me to finish and save results. I clicked that, then the catastrophic failure window came up with my flight review and I clicked to return to the spaceport. My money was there in my balance but not the science points.

Don't use the window. Even if you use the Return to spacenter with that window it still Reverts your save back. Known issue and I can't do anything about it because this window is a KSP window and pops up when vessel is destroyed. Just back out of the window, and use the regular menu (ESC) to get to spacecenter view. you have 2 revert options, Exit to SpaceCenter, exit to TrackingStation, and Close.. Choose CLOSE. ;)

3rd issiue in known issues.

Edited by malkuth

Just a question, does this mod in any way affect flight? I must do more testing but it seems my vessels fly a lot less with this mod. I also have FAR, Interstellar, and so many mods that posting a list would be a true pain. The concept seems nice, but I have another question: Having the RealChutes mod and arming the chutes on things like boosters and engine stages helps in any way? Or do you need to research recycling first?

No does not do anything to flight at all. Should not be effecting it. Most it does is get values from in game on what your vessel is doing, for it can tell if you have reached certain goals to finish mission objectives. Other than that, MCE is its own program doing its own thing within its own code.

Not sure how realchutes works with MCE never used the mod. Should be fine, might need more chutes to get the same Drag ratios of the stock chutes.

And yes if your in career mode you have to research recycling to be able to get recycling cost back.

Hello again! I have run some more testing and indeed this mod doesn't affect flight, it was just some bad FAR reinstall. After playing with it for a while i have a couple of suggestions and questions:

1st: The latest scientific theory developped by Von Kerman states that, in a alternate universe, on a planet named "Earth", spacerockets can cost about millions of their actual currency, and that their most expensive object is a space station costing bilions of those. Luckilly, we, Kerbals, dont use that currency and our rockets can cost about 20,000 or 30,000, with large space stations being about 100,000! (Just a mere suggestion to change the currency from dollars to Kerbollars or something like that)

2nd: I am no coder, and i have no coding skills, but would it be possible to have the mod create backups of your budget everytime you launch a rocket, and load those backups when you revert flight, in order to make the regular "revert flight" work properly, instead of having to use the mod icon?

3rd: Is the budget compatible with MultipleSavesDA? Loading save games properly resets your budget, or are those no good?

4th: Right now i feel the missions jump too much, specially for RemoteTech users, has you need to deploy coms networks before using probes (1st mission, get to space; 2nd mission, orbit; 3rd mission, mun), so, i am trying to use the user contracts sistem to monetize these missions, but i can't seem to be able to set a negative periapsis. I just wanted a "Take off, get to space and land" mission like the Sputnik 1, but i cant seem to make these.

5th: Squad has already planned this, but what about being able to exchange science for cash? and vice versa, selling or buying patents. Could be a neat addition, IMO

6th: Goal detection system. Doing the Sputnik 2 i realized going EVA or changing orbit slightly meanth the counter would reset. Is this unavoidable or is there a way to specify that the counter shouldn't reset while you stay between the boundaries?

aaaand last one: A new goal, gather science. Laboratories would pay you to, for example, go to the mun and return with a vessel with 300scientific units, paying cash in return.

Sorry for the long post, but i love this mod, and i am just trying to help improving it! Good job again!

I've had a probe accidentially burn up during reentry, so the "landing" goal of the current mission was not fulfilled. I've launched another mission to fulfill that goal and be able to move on to the next one, but the mission tracker did not register probe reentry and landing. Slightly frustrated by that, I've opted for a tax return from the Kerbal government and forced my scientists at laser cannon point to work faster and devise a plan on what to do next. In short: I've cheated.

If anyone needs hints: Science is kept in persistance.sfs ("saves" folder), fulfilled missions are tracked in [PlayerName].sp in the MCE folder. Regarding the latter file, it's just a copy, paste and adapt affair and pretty self-explanatory.

As for ExL, hmm. I would think so, as long as anything launched from them start in state "prelaunch". Try creating a vessel at a launchpad, and before hitting space or anything, go to tracking station. Does the vessel show up as Prelaunch or Flying/Orbiting/Landed/Whatever?

Hi,

Do you think you can add support for Extraplanetary Launchpads to the mod at some point? I looked into how new ships are treated after reading your earlier comment and ships made by the orbital dock, at least, are never considered "pre-launch". They're treated like a docked ship until they're released (and I've double-checked this by looking at the save file, there's really no difference), at which point they go straight to orbiting status.

This sounds like a great mod, but given how much my current space program relies on orbital construction I'd rather not install a mod where using it gives me an unfair advantage.

Hello again! I have run some more testing and indeed this mod doesn't affect flight, it was just some bad FAR reinstall. After playing with it for a while i have a couple of suggestions and questions:

1st: The latest scientific theory developped by Von Kerman states that, in a alternate universe, on a planet named "Earth", spacerockets can cost about millions of their actual currency, and that their most expensive object is a space station costing bilions of those. Luckilly, we, Kerbals, dont use that currency and our rockets can cost about 20,000 or 30,000, with large space stations being about 100,000! (Just a mere suggestion to change the currency from dollars to Kerbollars or something like that)

2nd: I am no coder, and i have no coding skills, but would it be possible to have the mod create backups of your budget everytime you launch a rocket, and load those backups when you revert flight, in order to make the regular "revert flight" work properly, instead of having to use the mod icon?

3rd: Is the budget compatible with MultipleSavesDA? Loading save games properly resets your budget, or are those no good?

4th: Right now i feel the missions jump too much, specially for RemoteTech users, has you need to deploy coms networks before using probes (1st mission, get to space; 2nd mission, orbit; 3rd mission, mun), so, i am trying to use the user contracts sistem to monetize these missions, but i can't seem to be able to set a negative periapsis. I just wanted a "Take off, get to space and land" mission like the Sputnik 1, but i cant seem to make these.

5th: Squad has already planned this, but what about being able to exchange science for cash? and vice versa, selling or buying patents. Could be a neat addition, IMO

6th: Goal detection system. Doing the Sputnik 2 i realized going EVA or changing orbit slightly meanth the counter would reset. Is this unavoidable or is there a way to specify that the counter shouldn't reset while you stay between the boundaries?

aaaand last one: A new goal, gather science. Laboratories would pay you to, for example, go to the mun and return with a vessel with 300scientific units, paying cash in return.

Sorry for the long post, but i love this mod, and i am just trying to help improving it! Good job again!

1. The original name for currency in MCE game is Krones. I usually call in credits, and changed the value to $ few updates ago, since most people recognize $ then the older symbol. When .24 comes out MCE will use whatever the new currency is called for KSP.

2. No. As a plugin, plugins need values from KSP that tell them that something is happening. This does not exist for Revert. Hence why I made own revert button for MCE.. Which KSP does have for plugins. (difference between allowing plugins to do it, and allowing them to see when the player chooses it) In other words to make this more clear. KSP allows plugins to Access Revert themselves (like I did) But does not allow Plugins to see when a player uses revert. (hope makes sense now)

3. No, MultipleSavesDA just makes a bunch of new Quicksaves for you to choose from. MCE save file is separate from the persistent file.

4. Can't make missions for every single combination of Mods out there. That is why I added the contract system to fight this. And more important Custom Contracts. Best I can do.

5. Its a planned feature. Waiting for .24 see how MCE will handle it.

6. The timer for Mission Goals does reset yet. I have not fixed this yet. At some point I will. (not on top of list)

7. I plan on adding a science goal at some point.

I've had a probe accidentially burn up during reentry, so the "landing" goal of the current mission was not fulfilled. I've launched another mission to fulfill that goal and be able to move on to the next one, but the mission tracker did not register probe reentry and landing. Slightly frustrated by that, I've opted for a tax return from the Kerbal government and forced my scientists at laser cannon point to work faster and devise a plan on what to do next. In short: I've cheated.

Now that I think about this, I should fix this. Whats happening is if you do a Mission That can only be done once. and that mission has 3 goals. You do 2 of goals then die. Now the mission can never be done again (unlesss you revert) because the vessel you originally used for mission ID has changed. And the new vessel new ID is not registering with the Old saved goals.

I will have to fix this for next version. Thanks for info. For now you can just use the revert button and it will fix the problem. Or you can go into your .sp save file and delete the Saved Completed goals for that mission to reset it. Kudos to you though for keeping with the death of the vessel. :) I will fix this as soon as possible.

Hi,

Do you think you can add support for Extraplanetary Launchpads to the mod at some point? I looked into how new ships are treated after reading your earlier comment and ships made by the orbital dock, at least, are never considered "pre-launch". They're treated like a docked ship until they're released (and I've double-checked this by looking at the save file, there's really no difference), at which point they go straight to orbiting status.

This sounds like a great mod, but given how much my current space program relies on orbital construction I'd rather not install a mod where using it gives me an unfair advantage.

I will see what I can do, most missions are based off Kerbin launches. This might be a tough one to counter though, since the only time I really can charge you without issues is right when you go from Prelaunch to Flight (a state that is recordable for plugins to see)

If EL does use docking though for its start. This could in theory completely bork MCE Docking and Undocking Goals. So If I somehow managed to get this to work when people dock in other missions or dock they would be charged again for vessel. I will see what I can do though, might be hard to work around that, since docking is already a pain in the ass to make work for just regular goals.

Edited by malkuth

I also feel the custom revert button kindof makes it feel more seperated from the main game.

I understand that in the way things work the plugin cant get the correct values if the native revert button is pressed.

But how about a hacked approach? Like catching the gui event and disabling the revert button and overlaying a custom button over it (like remotetech does to the warp gui, atleast until(if) squad changes how the revert system works. I know its sketchy but it would really make my ocd happy:P

Thank you for your answer! You just forgot a tiny leetle detail:

How can i actually set missions like the Sputnik 1? Taking off and landing witouth actually orbiting? I wanted to set custom contracts like that mission, but it seems like i can't.

Thank you for your answer! You just forgot a tiny leetle detail:

How can i actually set missions like the Sputnik 1? Taking off and landing witouth actually orbiting? I wanted to set custom contracts like that mission, but it seems like i can't.

Hmmm, I would have to add another Goal to Contracts, like altitude goal, instead of using OrbitGoal. I work on this next version.

For now you should be able to set just a landing goal. (Nothing else) but it won't pay out much because the payout is based on what goals you do. And landing goal is only worth so much, no matter what Company picks up contract. But once I add the Altitude goal, this will change. ;)

You can manually add goals to custom contracts though, just like the old way of making your own missions. Just open up the YourSaveGameFileName + usercontracts.cfg and add whatever goals you want. Don't reset the usercontract or it will be deleted, wait until mission is done.

I also feel the custom revert button kindof makes it feel more seperated from the main game.

I understand that in the way things work the plugin cant get the correct values if the native revert button is pressed.

But how about a hacked approach? Like catching the gui event and disabling the revert button and overlaying a custom button over it (like remotetech does to the warp gui, atleast until(if) squad changes how the revert system works. I know its sketchy but it would really make my ocd happy:P

Any idea where in remote tech this is done? so would have to see how its done. I know that in assembly c sharp there is no ONGUI for Revert.

Thank your for your quick and precise answers! Love the mod, but i will be skipping it for a while, i also have extraplanetary launch pads + the fact that contracts and custom contracts still need some polishing, i will just wait for 0.24, when squad adds it, and i hope you will be able to do a better and more integrated mission controller! Good luck anyway.

Any idea where in remote tech this is done? so would have to see how its done. I know that in assembly c sharp there is no ONGUI for Revert.

I believe from a quick reading of the source that this classlib: "TimeQuadrantPatcher.cs" does the patching of the warp gui(left top corner) and adds a duplicate over the gui with an extra button(flightcomputer). its not perfect, But it does work.

could one perhaps catch the game pause event? (If there is such an event and if the plugin can determine that the game is paused) since the game is paused in all instances where i can see the revert button.

Edited by landeTLS

I believe from a quick reading of the source that this classlib: "TimeQuadrantPatcher.cs" does the patching of the warp gui(left top corner) and adds a duplicate over the gui with an extra button(flightcomputer). its not perfect, But it does work.

could one perhaps catch the game pause event? (If there is such an event and if the plugin can determine that the game is paused) since the game is paused in all instances where i can see the revert button.

Yea so he is using the timewarp class available in assembly. The only way to access anything about Revert in assembly is through flightdriver. And since plugins are accessing the revert through flightdriver (what flightdriver is making available) I can't see a way of doing what Remote Tech does with timewarp. Since you have access to pretty much all those functions in timewarp class. But don't have access to Revert class.. Only parts of it through flightdriver.

If I had access to the Revert Class then it would be possible to do what remote tech does. But this does not seem to be the case, unless Im missing something. which is possible.

The only available options for revert are

flightdriver.Reverttolaunch

flightdriver.Reverttoprelaunch(GameScenes) This is what I use

flightdriver.CanRevert // this only checks if flight can actually revert or not

FlightDriver.CanRevertToPostInit

FlightDriver.CanRevertToPrelaunch

If anyone has an ideas though on how to do it better, I will try. Just doesn't seem like I can do much with revert.

Yea so he is using the timewarp class available in assembly. The only way to access anything about Revert in assembly is through flightdriver. And since plugins are accessing the revert through flightdriver (what flightdriver is making available) I can't see a way of doing what Remote Tech does with timewarp. Since you have access to pretty much all those functions in timewarp class. But don't have access to Revert class.. Only parts of it through flightdriver.

If I had access to the Revert Class then it would be possible to do what remote tech does. But this does not seem to be the case, unless Im missing something. which is possible.

The only available options for revert are

flightdriver.Reverttolaunch

flightdriver.Reverttoprelaunch(GameScenes) This is what I use

flightdriver.CanRevert // this only checks if flight can actually revert or not

FlightDriver.CanRevertToPostInit

FlightDriver.CanRevertToPrelaunch

If anyone has an ideas though on how to do it better, I will try. Just doesn't seem like I can do much with revert.

Seems we would need to wait for squad to make some changes to the api. But with the upcoming 0.24 and currency/contracts implimentation one can only assume they will have some kind of system in place that one can hook into.:)

There seems to be a bug with contract-generated missions when you only get halfway through the first attempt and then fail and crash. If you try again after using the Mission Control's own revert button (not the stock KSP revert button), the mission does not reset its flags properly and even if your second attempt is correct you don't get credit for it. If the mission had two goals, say an orbitgoal and then a landinggoal, and you succeeded at the orbitgoal but failed the landinggoal, then after a revert the one goal you succeeded at the first time, the orbitgoal, is no longer obtainable using your second launch. It becomes impossible for the second craft to hit all the goals and get the credit.

There seems to be a bug with contract-generated missions when you only get halfway through the first attempt and then fail and crash. If you try again after using the Mission Control's own revert button (not the stock KSP revert button), the mission does not reset its flags properly and even if your second attempt is correct you don't get credit for it. If the mission had two goals, say an orbitgoal and then a landinggoal, and you succeeded at the orbitgoal but failed the landinggoal, then after a revert the one goal you succeeded at the first time, the orbitgoal, is no longer obtainable using your second launch. It becomes impossible for the second craft to hit all the goals and get the credit.

Hmm that should not be happening. I will put it on the list of things to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.