(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Do you think that there could be a way to have both a contract and I mission running at the same time, or even multiple contracts? There have been many times I could do both in the same run, but having to land for both kept me from being able to complete both at the same time...

Nope, would have to rewrite totally how mce loads and handles missions. You can in theory do multiple missions now. Run mission a to Duna. Once mission a is on it's way run mission b to min. While on way to mun run mission c as orbit ( small mission). Finish mission a, load mission b again go to craft finish b. load a finish a.

It's not perfect and usually works. A few exceptions is missions that use vessel independent. Which causes mission goals not to be save (on purpose) which for ovoid reasons means u have too do missions in one sitting. Which reminds me I should add a warning for missions that use vessel independent.

I encountered a problem with the MCE research Construction 1. When I purchase it, it says its applied. But when I return after the next missions its gone and the SP can be spent again. I already tried twice and the bug still occurs. I use the MCE, FAR, KAS, CactEye, AGM, DMagic Orbital Science, HullCam, Procedural Fairings, and SCANSat.

I was unable to find anything with the search. :(

Oh and the Mission 24 - Mid Years Random Minmus coverage uses the Mun body instead of the Minmus.

Have the issue with reduction ship cost from budget. After proceeding to launchpad credits don't withdrawn from budget (like in old versions, but maybe its version changes don't know), after launch of first stage reduce only about 2300 credits then ship costs around 112000. Getting free ships little dissapointing :) Thanks for any help.

Another problem with the bootstrap series - Kollux IV this time. It has an undock goal to leave a piece of itself on Minmus however the first separation after launch is 'decouple' not undock. So you have to dock again in order to undock - not so easy on a planet surface (though minmus with it's low gravity is easier than most). The goal fills when you dock rather than the undock. If you launch and decouple then redock before landing, the ship id is different and subsequent goals will not be recognised.

I encountered a problem with the MCE research Construction 1. When I purchase it, it says its applied. But when I return after the next missions its gone and the SP can be spent again. I already tried twice and the bug still occurs. I use the MCE, FAR, KAS, CactEye, AGM, DMagic Orbital Science, HullCam, Procedural Fairings, and SCANSat.

I was unable to find anything with the search. :(

Oh and the Mission 24 - Mid Years Random Minmus coverage uses the Mun body instead of the Minmus.

What version are you using? Because most of those were fixed many version ago.

Have the issue with reduction ship cost from budget. After proceeding to launchpad credits don't withdrawn from budget (like in old versions, but maybe its version changes don't know), after launch of first stage reduce only about 2300 credits then ship costs around 112000. Getting free ships little dissapointing :) Thanks for any help.

Again make sure your using the latest version should be at .55.

I got the mission done by launching, doing the decouple/redock then remove all goals, reselect mission and continue from fresh.

The bootstrap missions are full of these dock/undock and drop off small probe missions. I think I'll quit for now as I can see these continuing to be a problem.

Edited by Ratzap

I got the mission done by launching, doing the decouple/redock then remove all goals, reselect mission and continue from fresh.

The bootstrap missions are full of these dock/undock and drop off small probe missions. I think I'll quit for now as I can see these continuing to be a problem.

I checked these out to see what was required. The ones with bonus mission of undock a small probe right? I can see why these dont work right away. When you build a vessel in van and put two docking ports together they are considered coupled (ad in staging) and not docked. So when you are in mission and you decouple it's not considered an undock! The only way I can see around this problem is to decouple it first( while in space) and then dock them. When you get to objective when u undock the probe it will now count as an undock. I will have to figure something out for this.

So again for undock you actually have to be docked, and not coupled to count as undocking.

The front page of this thread claims you can download 0.55 from either spaceport or dropbox, and provides both links, however, only the dropbox link is 0.55. The spaceport link is 0.54.

It's .55 just didn't change description.

Hi. Just installed this. In career mode how do you get science? Contracts? I've done the first 3 missions in BSP. However I've only got like 10 science. It seems really piddling (and makes the parts scarce) compared to career. Cheers.

You get science the same way. The only difference is you have a budget now. And contracts are in the contract tab. If your not seeing any then it's because non are available yet. Give it a few in game days and some should start showing up.

Hi. Just installed this. In career mode how do you get science? Contracts? I've done the first 3 missions in BSP. However I've only got like 10 science. It seems really piddling (and makes the parts scarce) compared to career. Cheers.

Send me a copy of .sp file and I will check it out. And could you explain the problem a little more. Are you saying your not being charged for ships at launch? Make sure hardcore mode is not on in settings.

I checked these out to see what was required. The ones with bonus mission of undock a small probe right? I can see why these dont work right away. When you build a vessel in van and put two docking ports together they are considered coupled (ad in staging) and not docked. So when you are in mission and you decouple it's not considered an undock! The only way I can see around this problem is to decouple it first( while in space) and then dock them. When you get to objective when u undock the probe it will now count as an undock. I will have to figure something out for this.

So again for undock you actually have to be docked, and not coupled to count as undocking.

As I posted, that's what I ended up having to do. But with a twist: you have to clear all goals after you decouple then redock or it gets in a mess. So any mission with one of these goals is a real PITA - if you forget to clear goals after you do the dance straight after launching you're stuffed.

As I posted, that's what I ended up having to do. But with a twist: you have to clear all goals after you decouple then redock or it gets in a mess. So any mission with one of these goals is a real PITA - if you forget to clear goals after you do the dance straight after launching you're stuffed.

Have to remember that bootstraps is not my missions I have included them to add a little more to mce. And it might take me a bit to fix them up.

Once I get a chance I will try looking into them.

But any type of docking goal has been notoriously bad, and has been a thorn in my side since I started working on MCE :(. It's not so much an mce problem, but a way the game works. I,m in process of adding vessel independent to all docking type goals and we will see how it goes.

I was thinking of making Vessel Independent Default for both these goals (undocking and docking) and see what happens. Trust me the issue you described makes sense. But, some times they don't work at all for no reason and it makes very little sense why. Its very frustrating.

Edited by malkuth

Send me a copy of .sp file and I will check it out. And could you explain the problem a little more. Are you saying your not being charged for ships at launch? Make sure hardcore mode is not on in settings.

Hi sorry. A mod (which i thought to be MCE) is stopping me from conducting crew reports and surfaces samples on Kerbin. I thought this was a feature of MCE, as this had always struck me as incredibly unrealistic. Apparently not. Thanks for your help

Hey, I'm new to this mod and I'm wondering why it still charges you for a ship even when you revert back to the space center? Is it a coding limitation? I'm wondering because I reverted alot while working on a build and now I'm deeply in debt. I saw that you have to research vessel recovery, does it have anything to do with that. I would also suggest adding vessel recovery when landed at the space center to start with, and you have to research to recover farther. Lastly, I want to know if there is any way to give my save money, because having no money looks bad and I don't want to have to make a new save.

Hey, I'm new to this mod and I'm wondering why it still charges you for a ship even when you revert back to the space center? Is it a coding limitation? I'm wondering because I reverted alot while working on a build and now I'm deeply in debt. I saw that you have to research vessel recovery, does it have anything to do with that. I would also suggest adding vessel recovery when landed at the space center to start with, and you have to research to recover farther. Lastly, I want to know if there is any way to give my save money, because having no money looks bad and I don't want to have to make a new save.

Use the MCE Revert button to get your money back and to keep MCE save and KSP Save in sync. If you use just the KSP save your only setting back KSP and not MCE. The revert button is in the Toolbar and looks like an reverse arrow.

On the same subject, any option to forgo the iron-man mode. Travelling to Jool, and experienced one of those spontaneous dis assemblies. Any way to revert to last quick-save without getting broke, or losing months of progress? I tend to do other things while waiting, rather than warping.

I mean would be fine if game and mods were bug-free and stuff, but... Then I'm also wondering what happens with constructed in orbit ships...

On the same subject, any option to forgo the iron-man mode. Travelling to Jool, and experienced one of those spontaneous dis assemblies. Any way to revert to last quick-save without getting broke, or losing months of progress? I tend to do other things while waiting, rather than warping.

I mean would be fine if game and mods were bug-free and stuff, but... Then I'm also wondering what happens with constructed in orbit ships...

In KSP persistent.sfs settings, turn off QuickSave but enable Autosave. I did this for my own (non-MCE) 'ironman' game where I wanted to be challenged but found myself not having fun because certain mods kept disassembling my ship.

What this means is that you can't quickly reload and you can't pick a convenient time to quicksave, but in all likelihood you won't lose too much work if the game crashes.

Note: this sometimes puts you in a "uncontrolled rapid suborbital trajectory descent", i.e. plummeting towards the ground. If the game crashes and you go back in, try to get to your craft quickly before it performs "autonomous enthusiastic lithobraking maneuvers".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.