(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

So I have some problem with getting MC recognize my orbital eccentricity:

http://i.minus.com/i4ik6AreoVisY.png

As shown in the screenshot, kerbal engineer is giving me an eccentricity read out of 0.31, and yet eccentricity requirement between 0.28 - 0.38 is not checked green. Any idea why this happen? What can I do to fix it? Can I just complete the other requirements and land?

Your eccentricity is reading 0.031 with kerbal engineer, not 0.31. So you're not within the 0.28-0.38. Also, as IntoSpaceAgain said, both you're periapsis and apoapsis will need to be a minimum 296km.

Can you make chain contracts where contract is based od previous contract? F.e. send vessel named "core" to specific orbit, second mission: send vessel named "living space" and dock to "core". And few more missions like this.

Yes. It already does that to some degree. The historic Agena and Skylab missions build off each other.

Hi! Could you please remove the new vessel requirement for the orbital research missions and add specific orbits around target bodies? I end up with a satellite in orbit that has enough dv to change orbit several times. Why launch a new one when the existing one can be re positioned. This would bring a feeling of "satellite life". When the satellite has no more dv, it is discarded and new ones are launched.

I`ve installed mod and right-mouse-click is not working in flight, no menu show up. I`m running 32bit verion. I`ve relinstalled whole game and it didn`t help, only unistalling mod brings right-click-menu to the game. Any idea what is the problem?

I'm having a problem with the orbital research experiment, I deployed a satellite with said component, started the experiment, and everything looked ok, it was said to last about 20 kerbin minutes.

While the experiment was running I went back to my deployer ship and landed it, timer was still counting, I closed the game and went to sleep, when I load it back, the timer is not counting and the satellite can't run the experiment claiming it is not in orbit.

The orbit goal however is still checked and the satellite has a circular orbit at 100 km, has electricity and is communicated (I'm using remote tec).

I had a much longer mission pending, staying about 30 days in an orbit similar to that of Mun around Kerbin, and that one died out too, however I did update the mod after starting that mission, so it might be broken.

I'm having a problem with the orbital research experiment, I deployed a satellite with said component, started the experiment, and everything looked ok, it was said to last about 20 kerbin minutes.

While the experiment was running I went back to my deployer ship and landed it, timer was still counting, I closed the game and went to sleep, when I load it back, the timer is not counting and the satellite can't run the experiment claiming it is not in orbit.

The orbit goal however is still checked and the satellite has a circular orbit at 100 km, has electricity and is communicated (I'm using remote tec).

I had a much longer mission pending, staying about 30 days in an orbit similar to that of Mun around Kerbin, and that one died out too, however I did update the mod after starting that mission, so it might be broken.

Don't switch vessels. If you have to wait a while to complete a mission just go back to the tracking station and time warp. Don't switch to a vessels at a higher altitude to time warp or do anything else in the meantime. At this point I think you'll have to restart the mission with a new vessel.

From the OP:

Contract advice. To keep you out trouble

1. Contracts work very similar to finePrint now. If your doing contracts and switch vessels any green check marked objectives will be reset. This is to stop other vessels from completing objectives and contracts you don't want them to.

2. Every single contract except repair contracts need to be done with a brand new vessel launched after you accepted the contract. Older vessels are no longer able to do contracts over and over.

3. In reality you should only do 1 contract at a time. Most mission controller contracts are very short and this should not be an issue.

4. When doing civilian orbital contracts or contracts in general that have many objectives phases, it's important not to switch vessels in game while doing the last landing phase. If you do then your green checked objectives will reset and since you are no longer within the first objective parameters they won't go back to green when you go back.

5. Number 4 is really only an issue for civilian contracts, and usually only the orbit contract. All other contracts either use orbit objective which can't be reset. Or docking and landing which also can't be reset when switching vessels.

6. All objectives that can be reset include all orbital parameters except the general orbit body contract.

Most other parameters do not reset.

7. You are completely free to exit flight scene during all these contracts at any time and your green check marks won't reset. They only reset when you use the switch vessel while in game. Like above most of time this does not effect anything, only the civilian low kerbin orbit will give issues if you switch vessels while in landing stage like stated above.

Problem seems to have solved itself out somehow, I had to go back and forth between vessels but eventually it took the mission.

However, if this is a known Issue, I would look for a solution, in KSP you don't just run one contract at a time, you are balancing multiple missions simultaneously, it should be ok to switch vessels.

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but I am wondering about this mods compatibility with the Stage Recovery mod's mechanics. If I have a craft with a Kerbal in it touch down on a surface whilst it is not the active vessel, but Stage Recovery says that the craft landed within the safe parameters and the Kerbal lives, I also get the message from MCE telling me that the Kerbal died and you get the monetary penalty for its death.

This is a conflict of what is happening and I was wondering whether Stage Recovery could be detected so that these false flags do not appear?

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but I am wondering about this mods compatibility with the Stage Recovery mod's mechanics. If I have a craft with a Kerbal in it touch down on a surface whilst it is not the active vessel, but Stage Recovery says that the craft landed within the safe parameters and the Kerbal lives, I also get the message from MCE telling me that the Kerbal died and you get the monetary penalty for its death.

This is a conflict of what is happening and I was wondering whether Stage Recovery could be detected so that these false flags do not appear?

hmmmm not sure what might be going on here. I will have to look into it. If a kerbal never does this should never fire.

- - - Updated - - -

I will see if I can reproduce this. Didn't think I had the time set this long on these contracts.

Edited by malkuth

Hi there, I have a question about the Skylab contracts

In hindsight I can see how this was a poor decision on my part, but what happened was that after getting the launch contract, I decided I would try and do an accurate-ish skylab style station, with the apollo telescope etc. However, I began the craft with the telescope's probe core (for moving it to the correct position) as the inital part. As a result, when I launched and got it to the right place and fulfilled that contract, the probe core was counted as the 'skylab core part'. Mission controller apparently had an issue with this when I undocked the core from the end and moved it to the docking node on the top, which meant that docking with the station later didn't count apparently as docking with the 'skylab station'. Long story short is that I lost my temper and kind of blew up half the station and deorbiting the rest, including the probe core (which survived deadly reentry and hitting the ocean somehow and ended up getting recovered). So now the first expedition contract is asking me to go dock with a station that no longer exists.

I'm wondering if you know of a way I could just go into the save file and change this?

3. In reality you should only do 1 contract at a time. Most mission controller contracts are very short and this should not be an issue.
Skylab-3 mission is 59 days. Not short at all.

I don't time-warp this, so I'm doing other missions and contracts as well, including many non-MCE missions, such as Orbital Material Science and Station Science. I'm also doing other things that have no contract associated at all.

My workaround is ALT-F12 (Contract Comp). Once I've satisfied all requirements for a contract (including duration requirements), and elements of the contract are no longer green (but were at one time), I use the Debug menu to set the contract as complete. It ain't cheatin' if I've done it. It's simply by-passing a defective game mechanic.

Edited by Apollo13

In hindsight I can see how this was a poor decision on my part, but what happened was that after getting the launch contract, I decided I would try and do an accurate-ish skylab style station, with the apollo telescope etc. However, I began the craft with the telescope's probe core (for moving it to the correct position) as the inital part. As a result, when I launched and got it to the right place and fulfilled that contract, the probe core was counted as the 'skylab core part'. Mission controller apparently had an issue with this when I undocked the core from the end and moved it to the docking node on the top, which meant that docking with the station later didn't count apparently as docking with the 'skylab station'. Long story short is that I lost my temper and kind of blew up half the station and deorbiting the rest, including the probe core (which survived deadly reentry and hitting the ocean somehow and ended up getting recovered). So now the first expedition contract is asking me to go dock with a station that no longer exists.

I'm wondering if you know of a way I could just go into the save file and change this?

I have a debug feature that you can use to set any craft for the skylab vessel. Open up the debug menu (Has to be opened in settings) keep the window open (don't close it) go to the vessel you want to be the Skylab vessel (the window will disapear but come back when your in flight mode) and when you are in control of the vessel select the Choose as Skylab option button in debug menu.. Should be all set after that to launch and have expeditions to the vessel.

You will have to reset the contracts though, you can do that by just getting rid of them like you do with any other contract you don't want in mission control.

- - - Updated - - -

Skylab-3 mission is 59 days. Not short at all.

I don't time-warp this, so I'm doing other missions and contracts as well, including many non-MCE missions, such as Orbital Material Science and Station Science. I'm also doing other things that have no contract associated at all.

My workaround is ALT-F12 (Contract Comp). Once I've satisfied all requirements for a contract (including duration requirements), and elements of the contract are no longer green (but were at one time), I use the Debug menu to set the contract as complete. It ain't cheatin' if I've done it. It's simply by-passing a defective game mechanic.

Skylab missions are based on real time from the real mission. Since its an historical mission I really don't count these as everyday contracts that happen like the normal ones.

I did something similar. I put my Skylab into orbit and completed that contract. Then I docked it to my space station. That screwed everything up due to the way KSP processes the vehicle ID’s upon docking and undocking. Needless to say, I undocked it and completed the next skylab mission as instructed but MC didn’t recognize my skylab. I went though the instructions to reset the skylab ID but it didn’t work, I then tried to edit the config file but that didn’t work either. I ended up going to the debug menu and doing exactly what Apollo13 did. Like he says, it aint cheating if you’ve done it. I had to do the same thing for every skylab mission thereafter.

I have a debug feature that you can use to set any craft for the skylab vessel. Open up the debug menu (Has to be opened in settings) keep the window open (don't close it) go to the vessel you want to be the Skylab vessel (the window will disapear but come back when your in flight mode) and when you are in control of the vessel select the Choose as Skylab option button in debug menu.. Should be all set after that to launch and have expeditions to the vessel.

You will have to reset the contracts though, you can do that by just getting rid of them like you do with any other contract you don't want in mission control

I can't seem to to find this feature... I'm not too experienced with the debug toolbar either. By 'settings', do you mean the menu screen settings (before loading a save) or the ingame settings? And do you mean the debug menu as in Alt-12/debug?

Off the top of my head, I believe you have to click on the "MCE" icon when in the KSC overview screen. That opens the MCE menu. If you don't see the debug option there you might have to enable it from the MCE settings.

I also had a minor issue with the second skylab contract. I think it's related to how KSP deals with docking and undocking but the 'have repair part' bit would only register while undocked and the 'do repairs' would only register while docked. When I docked/undocked the green check mark would toggle on for one and off for the other. As I had already completed the stuff I hit alt F12 to complete it, but it's an issue all the same.

Also, has anyone got this mod working with nightingale's Contract Configurator? Seems like a match made in heaven...

I've noticed a couple inconsistencies between the description and the actual objectives.

In the Vostok 2 mission it says 1 day is 12 kerbal hours, but a day is only 6 hours. It also says to stay in orbit for one day, and then it says 2 days.

screenshot4a.jpg?rev=0

In this satellite mission it says to have a communitron 16 but the objectives specify a reflectron kr-14.

screenshot5a.jpg?rev=0

In the Agena docking contract (Gemini) it says "vessel must have any docking port", but the docking port junior doesn't get recognized, only bigger docking ports. Kinda have to do the mission again now. :-/

Yeah, that one should be phrased better. It should be any kerbal-passable docking ports, because Agena will be the base for future expansion and upgrade to a space station.

Yeah, that one should be phrased better. It should be any kerbal-passable docking ports, because Agena will be the base for future expansion and upgrade to a space station.

It should be any docking port, the contract is only making sure your using a part that uses the ModuleDockingNode.

- - - Updated - - -

I've noticed a couple inconsistencies between the description and the actual objectives.

In the Vostok 2 mission it says 1 day is 12 kerbal hours, but a day is only 6 hours. It also says to stay in orbit for one day, and then it says 2 days.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/e/a/95418/screenshot4a.jpg?rev=0

In this satellite mission it says to have a communitron 16 but the objectives specify a reflectron kr-14.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/c/e/a/95418/screenshot5a.jpg?rev=0

I will fix these up for next release.

You may want to look into that agena contract because I had the same issue as bluemoon. The JR docking port wasn't recognized and I ended up comping the contract via the debug menu.

Also, if i could make a suggestion. The skylab contract requires very specific parts. Unfortunately, the stock part revamp mod replaced the required solar panel with a different named part :( So the only way I can complete it is to comp it manually once I've completed it (in spirit anyways).

Perhaps having its criteria being the solar module instead instead of a specific named part might be a better alternative? The same could be said of the science lab module so mod science labs could count. Anyways, just a thought.

I tried to mod the mission config for my personal use but couldn't find it. Did you move away from config files for the missions?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.