Jump to content

(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)


malkuth
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/9/2018 at 10:58 AM, HebaruSan said:

The latest download seems to be missing the folder for the mod; the DLLs are directly in GameData.

kFZcjcB.png

Mission Controller 2.0.3.1 Fixed Download structure zip issue.  Mission Controller is in it original folder again, not directly in GameData.

Both Gitbub and CurseForge downloads.  Thanks HerbaruSan for pointing this out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, malkuth said:

Mission Controller 2.0.3.1 Fixed Download structure zip issue.  Mission Controller is in it original folder again, not directly in GameData.

Thanks for fixing that!

The ZIP file for 2.0.3.1 contains the ZIP file for 2.0.3.0 (at gamedata\MissionControllerEC\MissionController2.zip); this has doubled the size of the download.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Thanks for fixing that!

The ZIP file for 2.0.3.1 contains the ZIP file for 2.0.3.0 (at gamedata\MissionControllerEC\MissionController2.zip); this has doubled the size of the download.

Fixed the Github version.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2018 at 12:40 PM, malkuth said:

Gah, I see what I do, going to release a version today but won't have this fix in it.  So hard for me to test because I don't play the Mods that do this.. Maybe I can add a little multiplier for you guys can manually adjust the numbers.. Ill see what I can do before I release todays version.

Won't speak for anyone else, but this sounds good to me. I imagine anyone playing a rescale mod knows what scale is applied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Need help with custom contracts, it seems that I can only use custom comsat, if I try to click on custom Landing/Orbit, custom crew, custom supply, no contract editor pops up, this is a new career I started and a new install, I don't know if I'm overlooking something, I'm just back playing from putting it down for a while, thanks.

KSP 1.3.1 x64

MCE 1.5.1

 

Found solution a few pages back sorry for the spamming.
 

 

Edited by kaoz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Tested current version of mission controller with 1.5 just released.  All is well and it work fine.   I will get a proper version up soon with updated AVC.

Was also thinking of Retiring the older not well done Probe cores for MCE contracts and just adding the ability to Default probes.  Of course the older stuff will still be there just not usable for new vessels, to keep existing ships intact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

hello i am new to career extension mods like this, and i am interested mostly in historical mission.

Can somebody explain to me, if the game is able to offer these missions according to my technological progress ?

 

For example i already did Fly by Mun, I accepted stock game missions to transfer data from Mun, and to Land on Mun. But there has not been any offer for Luna 2 missin, which should preceed i think.. OR should I completely turn off the stock game missions ???

 

How Does this mod synchronize with rest of game?

 

and by the way there may be a bug in Tiros 1 mission

the game evaluated my manned ship as valid for Tiros 1 accoplishment. but in objectives, the Tiros 1 should by automated without crew.

 

1IYUHmd.png

Edited by papuchalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

KSP 1.6 Version Update Released.

I have changed the parts.. I actually forgot I made this change before.  You no longer have to load Satellite cores on your vessels.. The parts have been depreciated.  The parts are now built into all KSP Probe Parts.. This is a beta type situation.. Make sure you save your Vessel before launch.. I believe this was an issue I had.  Ill try to fix it.

You No Longer need to use the Mission Controller Cores anymore!!  Right click your Vanilla KSP Probe bodies to set Core Type, Module Type and Frequencies.

This means you now need Module Manager For MCE to function correct.

 

Edited by malkuth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 12/22/2018 at 5:41 PM, malkuth said:

KSP 1.6 Version Update Released.

I have changed the parts.. I actually forgot I made this change before.  You no longer have to load Satellite cores on your vessels.. The parts have been depreciated.  The parts are now built into all KSP Probe Parts.. This is a beta type situation.. Make sure you save your Vessel before launch.. I believe this was an issue I had.  Ill try to fix it.

You No Longer need to use the Mission Controller Cores anymore!!  Right click your Vanilla KSP Probe bodies to set Core Type, Module Type and Frequencies.

This means you now need Module Manager For MCE to function correct.

 

I just wanted to start off by saying thank you for mod. I've been having a minor issue with Mission Controller 2 in 1.6.1. Almost every time I switch to the main space center screen I get pretty massive frame rate drop and my console logs an error code similar to "error the frequency is now set to 26.7 from 26.7" and spams this (with different numbers each time) for about 30 to 45 seconds and then stops. The lag dissipates at that point as well. I don't get these errors if i remove Mission controller from the save. I just thought it would be worth bringing this to your attention. If you have any suggestions for what I could do on my end to help remedy the issue please let me know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Einstein_Cross_X1 said:

I just wanted to start off by saying thank you for mod. I've been having a minor issue with Mission Controller 2 in 1.6.1. Almost every time I switch to the main space center screen I get pretty massive frame rate drop and my console logs an error code similar to "error the frequency is now set to 26.7 from 26.7" and spams this (with different numbers each time) for about 30 to 45 seconds and then stops. The lag dissipates at that point as well. I don't get these errors if i remove Mission controller from the save. I just thought it would be worth bringing this to your attention. If you have any suggestions for what I could do on my end to help remedy the issue please let me know. 

Ill have to check it out. Maybe I left something open for debugging.  Thanks for the info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Einstein_Cross_X1 said:

I just wanted to start off by saying thank you for mod. I've been having a minor issue with Mission Controller 2 in 1.6.1. Almost every time I switch to the main space center screen I get pretty massive frame rate drop and my console logs an error code similar to "error the frequency is now set to 26.7 from 26.7" and spams this (with different numbers each time) for about 30 to 45 seconds and then stops. The lag dissipates at that point as well. I don't get these errors if i remove Mission controller from the save. I just thought it would be worth bringing this to your attention. If you have any suggestions for what I could do on my end to help remedy the issue please let me know. 

Alright I have fixed the issue and updated Mission Controller to newer version.  The github version is ready now.  Might take a few hours for the curse version to be approved.  Thanks for finding this. I noticed some other stuff too that I fixed.  Except one issue I have not tracked down yet, but doesn't seem to be causing any slowdowns on my end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, malkuth said:

Alright I have fixed the issue and updated Mission Controller to newer version.  The github version is ready now.  Might take a few hours for the curse version to be approved.  Thanks for finding this. I noticed some other stuff too that I fixed.  Except one issue I have not tracked down yet, but doesn't seem to be causing any slowdowns on my end.

Awesome, thank you for such an amazingly fast fix! You're the best!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Thx for keeping this mod up-to-date, the vanilla contracts were killing me in career mode. I use USI and NearFuture mods, and got to the point, where I wanted to setup a resupply contract for custom resources. After seeing the end of the mod post I was looking for a cfg. Since I failed to find any I realized, that it is probably in the source/dll (Settings.cs). Is there no easier way to include custom resources than making our own version of the plugin (read resource names from a .cfg/ResourceMap.FetchAllResourceNames function)?

Edit: after modifying the settings.cs the new resources didn't show up as new resupply options. Then I stumbled upon Config.cfg....

Edited by kalmor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

Hey @malkuth,

Would you please push the updated source code to Github? I need to recompile from source but the code is still from 8-8-18. Even the source code DL with the newest release is still the old source code. Thank you!

Updated Github with latest source code. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi malkuth

I'm love the parts this mod adds and it seems like an awesome mod, however, I've encountered a problem.

When I try to transmit the mission to the mission control it says "true", but no contract shows up in mission control. Do other contract mods affect this mod from working?

 

Edit: Nevermind, contract showed up a bit further into my career mode save, thanks anyway.

Edited by spritefun
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

In earlier editions. there were Satellite Repair contracts.  Originally, you had to actually dock with the satellite.  Later, you simply had to open the Repair Panel and then repair.  For a long time now, I've seen no Repair Contracts.  It would be nice to be able to create a Repair Contract in the Contract Builder or have them randomly occur.

For now, I fake it by self-assigning a repair to a satellite with a Repair Panel, then paying myself with Funds and Experience via the Cheat menu.  My formula:  reward Funds equals average of satellite apoapsis plus periapsis, Experience equals one point per 200k reward Funds (minimum of one Experience point).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Still around guys.  Been slowly working on updating Mission Controller version 3.0.  With some major changes.  But its slow going since I don't have much time.  Anyway as of now Mission Controller current version still works in 1.6,1.7, 1.71 and 1.72 as far as I can tell so should not have any issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Hello Guys.

Anyone knows how to get rid of that annoying information about flight? See image in link

Center top part of screen says what is Current orbital period, current eccentricity, current biome... i dont need that information and it is huge, it covers so big part of the screen

It is caused by MIssion Controller, because if i delete it, the info disappears. But i dont want to delete the mod I have been enjoying it so much

https://imgur.com/6W9lHTM

 

Anyone knows how to cancel it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, papuchalk said:

Hello Guys.

Anyone knows how to get rid of that annoying information about flight? See image in link

Center top part of screen says what is Current orbital period, current eccentricity, current biome... i dont need that information and it is huge, it covers so big part of the screen

It is caused by MIssion Controller, because if i delete it, the info disappears. But i dont want to delete the mod I have been enjoying it so much

https://imgur.com/6W9lHTM

 

Anyone knows how to cancel it?

Hmmm I thought I got rid of that in the latest download  (try github?)  But anyway you can find the option to shut that off in the Advanced Options of KSP options menu under Mission Controller.  You also have a lot of other settings you can adjust in that.  Hit ESC and select KSP settings/ than advanced  than mission controller.. Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, malkuth said:

Hmmm I thought I got rid of that in the latest download  (try github?)  But anyway you can find the option to shut that off in the Advanced Options of KSP options menu under Mission Controller.  You also have a lot of other settings you can adjust in that.  Hit ESC and select KSP settings/ than advanced  than mission controller.. Good luck.

Man thanks a lot! I found how to turn that off.

And thankfully while searching this, i figured out many other good ways how to customize UI, navball size, altimeter size etc. I never looked too much into this settings and its great tool

Edited by papuchalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry been gone so long guys.  But really my interest in KSP has almost vanished.  I have been working on Mission Controller 3.0 when I do manage to play KSP every few months or so.. Usually last for a few days though, than I move on again.  But this is what I have done so far.  Its not close to what I wanted to do.  But since KSP 8.0 broke everything I decided to release what I had so far, and fix Mission Controller (now version 3.0).  So here what I got so far.  Best to PM me in a message to get my attention at this point.  I don't generally read much anymore on the forums.

Mission Controller 3.0  Finance Missions Update (Custom Contracts)

KSP 1.8 Update For Mission Controller.
1. No longer have Historical Missions in this version of Mission Controller.
2. Custom Contracts have been renamed to Finance Contracts.  Use these to have companies finance your own Missions.. Want to build a station on Mun?  Well fill out the contract for Building stations, and send it to the companies to Bid on.. Someone will offer you a contract soon for your Mission!
3. Added new Finance Contracts (work in progress, will add more)
4. Did a lot of work on Satellite contracts.  And SVM20 helped me fix the random altitude for all planets, including modded ones and modded universes like RSS etc..  So hopefully no more contracts that hit the atmoshpere of planets!
5. Work on the UI and got rid of old refrences to code that does not exist anymore.  Including the Older Historical Missions.
6. Reworked the Research Contracts for Orbit Scanning and Lander Scanning.
7. Repair Contract Reworked to actaully show up again. (seems this one has to be fixed all the time).  Using KSP randomness now for this mission instead of custom code.
8. Updated code for KSP 8.0 Using NetCode 4 etc, and all new refrences for Unity.

This update is still a work in progress.. If you see any issues (and you will) please report them via either the Forum page (page me) or Github issues.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

 Having trouble doing a contract. I need to set module type to 3 in editor and frequency to 38.5 and use core navigation.  I have no idea how to to do this.  I can not see anywhere to make these changes.  I am not sure where I need to make these changes.  I assumed in the VAB but maybe its in the ship save file?  Any help would be appreciated

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...