(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

This is how unrecoverable debris problem looks like:

Can't catch that periapsis thing, seems like it's popping up after some flights.

What am I looking for in the picture? is it the cursor? looks like two arrows going separate ways? Can't reproduce this on my end or have any issues. And tried this in a game where I have a few mods installed. Again when this happens you should press ALT F12 and check the debug tab and see what is happening. Then check the Output_log.Txt and find out whats going on. I can't really guess when you have 90 mods installed and figure out a problem. Its like finding a Needle in a Stack of needles the same color.

If your screen is freezing up you must be getting a StackOverflow Bomb, where its repeating over and over and over. Need to know what that is about. Only way to break that down is to see the Output_log.txt file. Which opens it up and give a little more info. Its located inside KSP_Data folder.

Edited by malkuth

I'm playing the dev6 release. I wanted to make the payments a little higher. I don't like to revert so if I crash with a spaceships I want to have enough money to make another few tries without having to always revert. (i'm a beginner so for each good trip I have three to five failures.)

So I changed the

payoutmode0 = 1 //this is default mode. Reward * 1.. Change this if your not happy with MCE payout level... (no more complaining please)

payoutmode1 = 1.5 //only used in career mode

payoutmode2 = 1.9 //only used in career mode

to

payoutmode0 = 2 //this is default mode. Reward * 1.. Change this if your not happy with MCE payout level... (no more complaining please)

payoutmode1 = 2.2 //only used in career mode

payoutmode2 = 2.4 //only used in career mode

It worked but it was way too much. So I tried with

payoutmode0 = 1.5 //this is default mode. Reward * 1.. Change this if your not happy with MCE payout level... (no more complaining please)

payoutmode1 = 1.7 //only used in career mode

Now all the contracts tells me that the payout is 0c.

ehm...why?

I'm playing the dev6 release. I wanted to make the payments a little higher. I don't like to revert so if I crash with a spaceships I want to have enough money to make another few tries without having to always revert. (i'm a beginner so for each good trip I have three to five failures.)

So I changed the

payoutmode0 = 1 //this is default mode. Reward * 1.. Change this if your not happy with MCE payout level... (no more complaining please)

to

payoutmode0 = 2 //this is default mode. Reward * 1.. Change this if your not happy with MCE payout level... (no more complaining please)

payoutmode0 = 1.5 //this is default mode. Reward * 1.. Change this if your not happy with MCE payout level... (no more complaining please)

ehm...why?

Not sure I will have to check it out and see whats up.

So I changed the

to

ehm...why?

I missed a Period in the code so It was causing an exception with the payoutmode0 when you changed it to a double. Or added the . to make it 1.5 from 1. All better now fixed it and updated the Devbuild6 .dll. You can redownload and replace your folder or just download and install the .dll files.

Oh please note.. I should really change the devbuild number but there was some other changes in the code. Big one was adding Majirs Version check to test out. should not effect anyone if they are using .23. If anything lower you will get a warning about using an older version of KSP.

Edited by malkuth

Probably I am missing something, anyway, better tell rather than not.

Both with Devbuild 5 and Devbuild 6, clicking the "MCE settings" button has no effect. All other buttons open some MCE window; not the settings one.

Is this due to the Devbuilds not being complete release versions, or could it be something wrong in my install? Including, possibly, a conflict with one of the other mods I have? If that's the case, any interest to find what may be causing that, and therefore to have some more detailed report on this "issue"?

Delete your config.xml file your settings window has gone off screen. In new version you can reset your windows from setting screen but you need to be able to get to settings to do it. Should be all set when u just delete it.

Might it be possible to add a few simple math expressions to the parser for the config? What I'm thinking of is a mission goal in which the payout varies depending on a math expression instead of being fixed. For example, a mission goal like "try to land back at the KSC launchpad" in which your money payout (or your science payout) gets worse with the square of the distance from the exact latitude and longitude your landing is. (I think of this sort of mission goal as a "playing horseshoes mission".)

Delete your config.xml file your settings window has gone off screen. In new version you can reset your windows from setting screen but you need to be able to get to settings to do it. Should be all set when u just delete it.

Perfect. Thank you very much.

I'm really liking the new dev build malkuth!

I was just wondering if the stock levelled missions with prerequisites still remain...

Also, would it be possible to add more constraints to your new custom mission maker? Things such as;

-Request for daily payout (for comsats etc)

-certain objects on-board

-perhaps bigger payouts for tighter orbit goals, or eccentricities closer to 0?

-Specific orbits/inclinations (geosynchronous/semi-synchronous, polar, GPS inclinations [55-65degrees]) etc...

Also, will this mod eventually integrate with mods such as RemoteTech and Kethane?

I'm really liking the new dev build malkuth!

I was just wondering if the stock levelled missions with prerequisites still remain...

Also, would it be possible to add more constraints to your new custom mission maker? Things such as;

-Request for daily payout (for comsats etc)

-certain objects on-board

-perhaps bigger payouts for tighter orbit goals, or eccentricities closer to 0?

-Specific orbits/inclinations (geosynchronous/semi-synchronous, polar, GPS inclinations [55-65degrees]) etc...

Also, will this mod eventually integrate with mods such as RemoteTech and Kethane?

Yes all stock missions are still available and I have fixed most of them to go with the Tech Tree now. If I missed anything just give me a shout.

I plan or redoing the daily payout system eventually (called passive payouts). The old system is still in place but was pretty buggy and had no Persistence to when payments were given.

Some of the Random contracts do have Part requirements. But nothing yet for Custom Contracts. I was under the impression if a user was making his own contract, then he is usually making it for a specific vessel.

Im on the fence about the payouts right now for custom contracts. I have been playing around with it for weeks or so. And in my first few missions was able to Bring home 1.3 million. It made for a different game play experience though. IE making more vessels and having the wiggle room to do side missions of my own without any contracts.

So in a nutshell I really need an opinion on what others think of the contracts payout. If we go by old standards of How MC worked then they pay out way to much. But in the defense of the system, they also are very Diverse in what you can do with those payments. Makes things interesting... Only caveat I have for this, is that it seems that Kerbal Space Programs .24 system and beyond is going to be pretty lax in this area.. I don't even think they are going to charge for vessels by the way it sounds.

The whole idea about Custom Contracts was to cater to other mods needs. Want that sat network up in space... Lets do some contracts. Or are you talking more about, bring this amount of kethane to this spot.. Or mine at this spot. Set up 3 Sat system around Mun that is connected to network.. (and have checks?)

A comment and a question about Devbuild 6.

I really like the custom contracts system, and I thought the bid was fair for what I was requesting (simple sat launch to LEO) -- in fact the bid may not even have covered the cost of the rocket, but I'd rather have to save up for custom jobs rather than they all pay too much.

Now for a question. After installing Devbuild 6, when hitting a Munar encounter with a manned crew, I would get a G-spike that would kill the crew. 9 times out of ten. I had this happen to me previously while running the city lights and clouds devbuild, and removing it resolved that. When this happened again, removing MCE Devbuild 6 resolved it. I'm currently running version .43. Is there anything you can think of in MCE that would cause an issue? The log immediately following the spike showed a bunch of "key not found in dictionary" messages.

I'm also having a different issue with Version .43. For some reason, when I load a saved game, my MCE progress doesn't load -- it loads up like its a brand new save. However, if I exit back to the main menu, then re-load the game, my MCE save loads. I can't find anything in the log to indicate an issue -- I'm hoping this is a known bug. I've tried creating a new save and coying my data from the persistence and MCE backup files to the appropriate spots, but it still happens.

Let me know your thoughts.

Linux x64 user btw.

How do I fix this?

For some odd reason, the window displaying the cost of the current craft became large and I can't resize it and can't make it go away.

AUO6CvX.jpg

I tried deleting config.xml which contains window positions in it, but when it creates a new one from scratch, it comes back with the same bad window size again.

How do I fix this?

For some odd reason, the window displaying the cost of the current craft became large and I can't resize it and can't make it go away.

http://i.imgur.com/AUO6CvX.jpg

I tried deleting config.xml which contains window positions in it, but when it creates a new one from scratch, it comes back with the same bad window size again.

Can you make it happen again and then exit out of Kerbal Space Program and send me a copy of your outputlog.txt file located inside Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data? Usually that only happens when I have a bad value somewhere, and the window is faulting out. But I need the Log file to know what value it could be, or at least hope it gives me a hint. Maybe a mod you have installed?

Also in devbuild6 you no longer have to delete the config.xml. The settings tab now has a reset windows button.

Oh and does it only happen in the SPH or both SPH and VAB?

Edited by malkuth

A comment and a question about Devbuild 6.

I really like the custom contracts system, and I thought the bid was fair for what I was requesting (simple sat launch to LEO) -- in fact the bid may not even have covered the cost of the rocket, but I'd rather have to save up for custom jobs rather than they all pay too much.

Now for a question. After installing Devbuild 6, when hitting a Munar encounter with a manned crew, I would get a G-spike that would kill the crew. 9 times out of ten. I had this happen to me previously while running the city lights and clouds devbuild, and removing it resolved that. When this happened again, removing MCE Devbuild 6 resolved it. I'm currently running version .43. Is there anything you can think of in MCE that would cause an issue? The log immediately following the spike showed a bunch of "key not found in dictionary" messages.

I'm also having a different issue with Version .43. For some reason, when I load a saved game, my MCE progress doesn't load -- it loads up like its a brand new save. However, if I exit back to the main menu, then re-load the game, my MCE save loads. I can't find anything in the log to indicate an issue -- I'm hoping this is a known bug. I've tried creating a new save and coying my data from the persistence and MCE backup files to the appropriate spots, but it still happens.

Let me know your thoughts.

Linux x64 user btw.

To be honest, can't think of what would cause a G spike like that from MCE.. MCE really does not do anything in this area other then read info. And only area MCE uses a dictionary (Part of code) is with Custom Contracts values for planet info. If its at all possible next time it happens if you could possibly get me a copy of the Outputlog.txt file for I can see what that dictionary reference is pointing at, I might be able to figure it out.

I travel to the mun all the time in current game and have not had this happen yet. So it would be interesting to see what this could be.

Also its possible if you have too many parts mods installed that your game is bugging out because its using to much ram. usually when the ram goes nuts, the first thing to start to go is Physics calculations. Thats why they have the Texture reduction mods for you don't go over 3.5 Gigs of ram.. (which KSP can't handle)

It would make sense in this case, becuase city and lights is ram intensive. (unistalling it fixed it because now ram is below the threshold) But then you added MCE which brought it back up again.

Edited by malkuth

Good. I curious though when you deleted the config.xml file did you shut down KSP first and then load it back up.. Or did you delete it while the game was still running.. If you did it while it ran makes sense it did not work. Because The values was still loaded into the game. But now the reset button does everything for you. ;)

I spoke too soon. Using the reset windows button in the SPH causes a secondary problem - it makes the Mission selection window never appear until after you leave the SPH. (i.e. I hit the button to toggle the mission selection window, again and again, nothing happens. I hit the 'hide all mission control windows' button to make sure that's not the problem, then toggle the mission selection window again. it simply won't appear. Then I leave the SPH to go to the VAB, and as soon as I leave the SPH there's the mission selection window. It's visibility was suppressed only while on the SPH screen.

A dump of the KSP_Data/outputlog.txt file you were talking about is too long to put in the post. Can you tell me which part of it you're interested in so I can trim it down to something the forum software will allow me to post?

I should add that behavior everywhere else seems fine. The problem seem to be limited to just the SPH screen.

I spoke too soon. Using the reset windows button in the SPH causes a secondary problem - it makes the Mission selection window never appear until after you leave the SPH. (i.e. I hit the button to toggle the mission selection window, again and again, nothing happens. I hit the 'hide all mission control windows' button to make sure that's not the problem, then toggle the mission selection window again. it simply won't appear. Then I leave the SPH to go to the VAB, and as soon as I leave the SPH there's the mission selection window. It's visibility was suppressed only while on the SPH screen.

A dump of the KSP_Data/outputlog.txt file you were talking about is too long to put in the post. Can you tell me which part of it you're interested in so I can trim it down to something the forum software will allow me to post?

I should add that behavior everywhere else seems fine. The problem seem to be limited to just the SPH screen.

Should be an error in the logfile might be repeating error. Should be something like below.. But will list something about SPH and most likely the Ship construction window.

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type LayoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MissionController.MissionController.drawbudgetwindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

or you can .zip the whole file and send it too me that way too. Or Host it somewhere like http://pastebin.com/ as just plain text

To make it easier for me to find. Exit out KSP. then load it back up, load game. Go straight to SPH and reproduce the problem. Then exit out of KSP and upload the file to wherever you want (pastebin would be easiest). Don't tab out of KSP while doing this or I will have to sift through tons of errors for Video Rendering.

Edited by malkuth

Should be an error in the logfile might be repeating error. Should be something like below.. But will list something about SPH and most likely the Ship construction window.

Here's the whole log on pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/B4TtFeQx

it does have one of those sections you mentioned in it:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MissionController.MissionController.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type LayoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MissionController.MissionController.drawbudgetwindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

So its the toolbar icon that is missing?

In .43 Version the icon might still be set to disappear in SPH. I changed this later in the new dev builds not to happen.

Also make sure that the button is set to visible if you upgraded Toolbar to newest version. Sometimes its easy to miss the checkmark when it originally asked to show the icons in that screen.

But the Ship Cost window is ok? I did not see any errors related to that in the outputlog.txt.

Edited by malkuth

I think i will start my new career save with this mod, thought some pirices of things from mods might be a problem as authors sometimes just put 999999 or something like that in costs.

By the way, malkuh, have you thought about how will you develop this plugin after contracts introdution in 0.24? DO you plan to integrate it to new contracts system samehow?

I think i will start my new career save with this mod, thought some pirices of things from mods might be a problem as authors sometimes just put 999999 or something like that in costs.

By the way, malkuh, have you thought about how will you develop this plugin after contracts introdution in 0.24? DO you plan to integrate it to new contracts system samehow?

not a problem. MCE redoes eversingle price in the game, including mods.

And all the values can be adjusted in MCSettings.Cfg file if you dislike the current prices, or payouts.. Or just about anything.

Suggest using the DevBuild 6. Its going to be official by this week.. Not much more is going to change other then adding Failed Contract Fines.

I think I have found a bug, but frankly its been a reeeallly long time since I've written any code - also this may be a working-as-intended issue.

I noticed this because my missions were not paying out correctly - or perhaps, the math just wasn't working as I thought it should.

When the a vehicle is launched MCE is multiplying the cost of the vehicle by the payoutmode and subtracting that product from your available funds.

For example, if you are in payoutmode1, a 20% increase to rewards, the cost to launch a vessel is Total Vessel Cost as seen on the Ship Breakdown window increased by 20%. I assume that is not intended?

onLaunch calls manager.costs which in turn calls reward with the value of the ship as a negative. I think reward is multiplying any value, positive or negative, it receives by the payoutmode.

Thanks much for the mod.

So its the toolbar icon that is missing?

No. The toolbar icon is present. The problem is that clicking the little icon of the rocket, which SHOULD make the current mission window appear, doesn't - at least not while you're on the SPH screen. Once you leave the SPH screen and get to the KSC view, then the current mission window is suddenly there. Both this error and the error with the ship cost window seemed to start happening at the same time, although they don't both manifest at the same time they both seem related. And again, the problem only ever happens in the SPH.

This is dev build 6.

I had once clicked on the "upgrade toolbar" button by mistake but I immediately quit from the browser webpage that it brought up, without downloading the file. I didn't go through with it. Might the act of clicking the button caused Toolbar to somehow throw some part of itself away, expecting it to be replaced by the download that never came?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.