(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Version .54 Changes

First Sorry for the 2nd Update in less week, but I think its well worth it. So The changes.

1. Added new Pop Up menu when Player Crashes vessel (gives option to Delete Current Completed MissionGoals if doing a current mission) Good if you want to accept death and use a new vessel.

2. Added new Pop up for when you get a SubMission Payout (Yes finally Added This!!).

3. Fixed a few Null reference bugs in code that showed in Debug Menu..See Number 4.

4. No longer have the Current Budget Tab in the Space Center View (one of the error codes, Space Center Don't like it)

5. Added some more values to the API. Load Save, Load Backup, and Save. Gives other mods the ability to Load an older save of MCE (if having there own revert) Load a Current Save (for whatever reason) and ability to save MCE if need be.

6. Added an Option to settings for player to choose KSP Skin or Smoke Skin.

7. Cleaned up some code that was not being used anymore in MCE.

8. Made it pretty much impossible for you to accidentally use the Reset Space Program, Reset Mission Goals, and Reset Missions Buttons in the Settings Tab. (multiple levels, and also an exit) If you accidentally press them now, you were trying too. ;)

9. Fixed a bug in the Finance tab were Any Contract Mission payouts would show up as a base price and not its Adjusted price for Company payouts. So things should start looking good again. (any old payouts will still be wrong. But new ones will Work!).

Download Updated with HotFix.

No version changes all this fixes is the SPH Windows ID being the same and causing Issue with exploding Vessel Cost window. Thank you ImTheMinion for finding this bug and telling me. ;)

As always you can get the new version from Front page. Good Luck.

Screen Shot of Smoke UI (available to change in Settings)

CLNAPRSl.png

New Pop Up for Sub Payment Goals. Being Paid!

yABjb0xl.png

Added to known issues. (again spacecenter view problems) When you first load a game of KSP from start. You start in the spaceCenter View, and then select Finance Screen (only real screen this is issue with) the screen will be blank. That is because the Current save file won't load until you enter another screen. Sorry for this but was trying to get rid of error codes and things had to change.

Edited by malkuth

Hey malkuth, been having a great time playing with your mod. Its something that now, I wont really be able to play without- Right up there with FAR and KAS.

I do have a few questions/comments/ideas/all the things that mod devs hate to get pestered with, but it comes with the job, am I right?

So, as for the costs you have assigned things.

Did you do real world research for these things? It seems like, atleast for the fuels, that you did. Impressive. Did you do the same for parts and such? I imagine that would be harder.

Either way, I have been tweaking these costs heavily from a gameplay perspective, using real world data as loose guide, and this is what I have discovered based on the following goals.

1.) Strictly better things should cost more.

2.) More difficult to use/do things should cost less.

Fuel seems to cost way too much, and the actual spacecraft parts cost way to little. Most of my spacecraft, especially shuttles, cost more in fuel that in parts. This makes actually trying to use shuttles or SSTO's economically infeasible, which are generally harder to do than rockets. There is no reward for building a shuttle and carefully reusing it even though that is far more challenging than building my station with rockets.

This also doesn't make that much sense- the real world Space Shuttle cost over a billion dollars to manufacture, but the total fuel for a launch was less than half a million dollars, and combined price for the entire launch was about

To remedy this, I started having lots of fun with your config, and all the options it provides. Starting with the category mass cost multipliers, I massively increased the cost of pods, aero, and control. These things are EXPENSIVE, yet can be reused if you are careful. Structure and utility are also more, but not as much. Propulsion I had to be a bit more careful with.

Using the module costs, I increased the cost of engines substantially. I still would like to do more here, but I have a few questions about the options you have. Can I take the thrust of the engine and multiply it by the average ISP, so like, power=isp*.01? Ideally that would make high power or high isp cheaper separately, but far more expensive together. It would also be nice if I could somehow make price inversely proportional to the mass, for pods as well.

I also had fun with fuels. I preserved your original ratios, but pretty drastically reduced costs for all of them. Tank price for cryogenics are way more than the others, and caustics are slightly more. Kerosene tankage is cheeeeap. Solid fuel tanks are very expensive, being combustion chambers as well as tank, but I make the fuel practically free.

All in all, the price of standard rockets stayed about the same, or maybe went up just a tad due to engine and control costs. Payloads generally cost more, though, as well as upper stage stuff. However, its far more beneficial to try and recycle spent stages than before. Spaceplanes and shuttles cost about 1.5 times as much, with some bigger SSTOs costing more than twice as much. The big change though, is that if you can land it on the runway, you can recoup 80% or even more if you are really good.

I also decreased the returns for autorecycling so slapping parachutes on rocket stages doesn't make them too cheap, though it is still better than before.

If you want/are ok, I can post the config, and I am still tweaking it.

Ok HotFix Posted.

No version changes all this fixes is the SPH Windows ID being the same and causing Issue with exploding Vessel Cost window. Thank you ImTheMinion for finding this bug and telling me. ;)

Been added to current download. If you downloaded before all you really need is the MissionController.dll file to change.. Or just put the whole thing in, either way works.

Hey malkuth, been having a great time playing with your mod. Its something that now, I wont really be able to play without- Right up there with FAR and KAS.

I do have a few questions/comments/ideas/all the things that mod devs hate to get pestered with, but it comes with the job, am I right?

So, as for the costs you have assigned things.

Did you do real world research for these things? It seems like, atleast for the fuels, that you did. Impressive. Did you do the same for parts and such? I imagine that would be harder.

Either way, I have been tweaking these costs heavily from a gameplay perspective, using real world data as loose guide, and this is what I have discovered based on the following goals.

1.) Strictly better things should cost more.

2.) More difficult to use/do things should cost less.

Fuel seems to cost way too much, and the actual spacecraft parts cost way to little. Most of my spacecraft, especially shuttles, cost more in fuel that in parts. This makes actually trying to use shuttles or SSTO's economically infeasible, which are generally harder to do than rockets. There is no reward for building a shuttle and carefully reusing it even though that is far more challenging than building my station with rockets.

This also doesn't make that much sense- the real world Space Shuttle cost over a billion dollars to manufacture, but the total fuel for a launch was less than half a million dollars, and combined price for the entire launch was about

To remedy this, I started having lots of fun with your config, and all the options it provides. Starting with the category mass cost multipliers, I massively increased the cost of pods, aero, and control. These things are EXPENSIVE, yet can be reused if you are careful. Structure and utility are also more, but not as much. Propulsion I had to be a bit more careful with.

Using the module costs, I increased the cost of engines substantially. I still would like to do more here, but I have a few questions about the options you have. Can I take the thrust of the engine and multiply it by the average ISP, so like, power=isp*.01? Ideally that would make high power or high isp cheaper separately, but far more expensive together. It would also be nice if I could somehow make price inversely proportional to the mass, for pods as well.

I also had fun with fuels. I preserved your original ratios, but pretty drastically reduced costs for all of them. Tank price for cryogenics are way more than the others, and caustics are slightly more. Kerosene tankage is cheeeeap. Solid fuel tanks are very expensive, being combustion chambers as well as tank, but I make the fuel practically free.

All in all, the price of standard rockets stayed about the same, or maybe went up just a tad due to engine and control costs. Payloads generally cost more, though, as well as upper stage stuff. However, its far more beneficial to try and recycle spent stages than before. Spaceplanes and shuttles cost about 1.5 times as much, with some bigger SSTOs costing more than twice as much. The big change though, is that if you can land it on the runway, you can recoup 80% or even more if you are really good.

I also decreased the returns for autorecycling so slapping parachutes on rocket stages doesn't make them too cheap, though it is still better than before.

If you want/are ok, I can post the config, and I am still tweaking it.

1. Well lets start off with thanks for the feedback. I tend to agree with everything you mentioned in the post. I have held off changing anything in this respect for one reason though. .24 is going to be a nightmare for MissionController I think. The plan is when .24 comes out, to get rid of the current way MCE Adds its own cost to Parts. (and yes some of them are wacky, and its showing its age) In .24 I plan on going back to using the Regular Values supplied by the parts themselves. (the main reason we don't use this now is because at the time most Mod Parts were not including the PART COST) Since .24 will introduce its own money system (again not sure how this is going to work, if its like science and only works in career its going to be a nightmare to code around that) and most likely everyone will start supply the PartCost to there new parts (and old ones) MCE can finally get rid of the wonky system it uses now.

Now that does not mean that I will get rid of the whole system. Fuels will have to stay (unless they have fuel cost too in .24) I might keep it in place for those parts that still refuse to have monetary values. So that is why I have pretty much stayed away from messing with the system right now (why bother if its only going to last another month?).

2. As for the config file feel free to include it in a post in this thread, I might even add it as option in a future download. But by .24 it will be outdate since the config file will change drastically.

3. One of the biggest reasons Me and Nathan worked on making MCE so User friendly with prices was for the very reason you posted in this thread. Don't like prices its easy to change.

4. Now for the ISP. ISP is figured out per part, and not a value of every part together. (thats why the values in the future type engines is so wacked, they have such High ISP I had to add exceptions for future engines) Most of the high cost comes from the ISP value. The higher the value the more the part cost.

This is the math on the Engine and its cost.

double ecst = Math.Pow((ispSL * atmoRatio + ispV * (1-atmoRatio)) - ispOffset, power) * thrust * scalar;

Now also consider that there are exceptions are reductions for parts of this after the math.

ecst *= gimbalFactor;
ecst *= propMult;
ecst *= futureEngines;
ecst *= nukeMult;
cst = ecst;

this is the values I added for Higher ISP Engines

if (!foundPropMod && ispV > 600 && ispV < 1999){
nukeMult = Tools.GetValueDefault(mNode, "nukeMult", nukeMult);}
if (!foundPropMod && ispV >= 2000){
futureEngines = Tools.GetValueDefault(mNode, "futureEngines", futureEngines);}

Hope its not to confusing. LOL :)

I was wondering, is there a way we can have multiple missions/contracts going on at the same time? Some of these contracts I get can be done at the same time as others, but if it they require me to land, I can't. Would be nice if that was possible, though.

Since MCE version 0.54 (also with 0.54.1) I am having a killing issue. As soon as I enter flight scene (with anything), KSP debug window erupts NullReferenceExceptions like hell, no ship is displayed but the reference frame seems to be way out (depending on what I selected to fly, it seems to be somewhat initially centered on the mainbody the ship has to orbit, though fixed in space). Editor scenes are fine.

Now, I have a ton of mods installed, so very possible this is tied to some nasty interference. But my game works fine with all of them and MCE ver. 0.53; turns crazy changing just MCE to ver. 0.54 or beyond.

I have the output_log.txt here and hope that may provide some idea on what could cause this. Would like if you could give a look at that, and in case you find something interesting connected to your mod, suggest how best to proceed to isolate the issue.

there's an exploit that if you sit on the pad with a kerbal in your ship and create a user contract with the goal of 1 kerbal crew, as soon as you reload the contract you get a $20,000 payout. Then you can just accept it, reset the contract and do it again. And again. And... well I'm an honest guy so I stopped and edited my .sp file to revert back to my original amount of money.

Not a huge deal since if people want to cheat fine but just reporting in case maybe it exposes something in the contract system that the dev might want to fix for other reasons.

Using latest 0.54 release

I was wondering if you could make a frame that shows just the current goals that we could keep open during the mission so that we don't have to constantly open the mission frame every time we need check them?

EDIT: I'm still confused on how to get the rewards form crash missions. Some times I get the rewards, others time I don't.

Edited by ImTheMinion

Since MCE version 0.54 (also with 0.54.1) I am having a killing issue. As soon as I enter flight scene (with anything), KSP debug window erupts NullReferenceExceptions like hell, no ship is displayed but the reference frame seems to be way out (depending on what I selected to fly, it seems to be somewhat initially centered on the mainbody the ship has to orbit, though fixed in space). Editor scenes are fine.

Now, I have a ton of mods installed, so very possible this is tied to some nasty interference. But my game works fine with all of them and MCE ver. 0.53; turns crazy changing just MCE to ver. 0.54 or beyond.

I have the output_log.txt here and hope that may provide some idea on what could cause this. Would like if you could give a look at that, and in case you find something interesting connected to your mod, suggest how best to proceed to isolate the issue.

Hmmm wondering what your doing because your getting the null refrences from The vessel destroy event which is what MCE is looking for for certain parts of the code, but your also getting non errors from remote tech for the same event over and over and over and over. All have to do with Vessel Destroy. So wondering what it is your doing in the scene when this happens. For some reason everything is reading that your vessel was destroyed, and its activating every single Ondestroy event for everymod that is watching for it? In mission controllers case I will have to add a Check for the vessel not being there to get rid of the null reference since that is what it look like is going on. Again this doesn't seem to be just a MCE problem your getting code calls for every single Mod thats looking for Vessel Destroy. Only difference is that MCE doesn't no what to do.... But its still calling all the other events. Even If I fixed it on my end, you would still have the issue. Only difference instead of calling a null refrence it would call whatever I replaced it with, in this case it would be the same thing remote tech is doing which is listing what is destroyed.

there's an exploit that if you sit on the pad with a kerbal in your ship and create a user contract with the goal of 1 kerbal crew, as soon as you reload the contract you get a $20,000 payout. Then you can just accept it, reset the contract and do it again. And again. And... well I'm an honest guy so I stopped and edited my .sp file to revert back to my original amount of money.

Not a huge deal since if people want to cheat fine but just reporting in case maybe it exposes something in the contract system that the dev might want to fix for other reasons.

Using latest 0.54 release

Yeah Ive noticed that, have to figure out a way to fix it. Basically I will have to make it for you can't make Contracts while in flight.

I was wondering if you could make a frame that shows just the current goals that we could keep open during the mission so that we don't have to constantly open the mission frame every time we need check them?

EDIT: I'm still confused on how to get the rewards form crash missions. Some times I get the rewards, others time I don't.

Been thinking about doing this, might be a little bit before I can get to it.. But its in the works.

Update .55 (Important Update)

1. Fixes an issue when going directly from game load to tracking station and trying to load a vessel. MCE got confused when Ondestroy event is called in TrackingStation (WHY the hell is this even called when loading?) and could not find the active vessel. this should be fixed now and vessel will load and not hang you game up, and have to restart.

2. Please note, for MCE to fully load it seems if you still go directly from Game Load to tracking station and then load a vessel, some info will not load (like VC button) this is because all information is not loaded yet into MCE.. Best thing to do is at load go to the VAB (everything loads) and then do whatever you want. There is no major bugs with this, just some of the info is not loaded yet. (something to do with the SpaceCenter View oddness). Game will still run fine if you don't follow this rule, you will just get a few errors in the debug log about the Vessel Cost not being loaded.

3. Testing thanks to diomedea for finding this nasty little bug. The fix I did was kinda quick (really don't have time to test all the effects this might have) The fix indeed fixing the issue. But I have a sneaky feeling that it might break the Pop Up you get when your vessel is destroyed during a mission. (you get choice to accept death or Continue with quickload or revert) If anyone can report to me that this even is still firing. I would be thankful (off to work). These are the things that make the even Pop. You must be in a Mission (any mission loaded into MCE), be in your active vessel in Flight mode! The part I added was a null reference to active vessel. What Im looking for is to make sure that once the vessel is destroyed it is not stopped by the New Null Reference.

Also I brought back an old null refrence at load. (dammit on purpose) at least some of the MCE stuff will load right away now. Again this is a spaceCenter problem and not sure how to fix it. But the error only pops once ever. At load.

Edited by malkuth

Thank you! I had noticed the vessel load glitch, and thought it had something to do with a different mod... ;) I was getting it from trying to go straight to the launch pad from the spaceport screen, but it sounds like the same issue you're describing.

The mission payout window is stuck on for me now. I got .55, did Kastor II from the bootstrap kerbal SoI pack and when I finished the payment window didn't go away. Any new mission I select the payment window says 'finish now!' but doesn't pay out of course, just removes the mission selection. But the finish window stays up and I can't get it to go away.

The mission payout window is stuck on for me now. I got .55, did Kastor II from the bootstrap kerbal SoI pack and when I finished the payment window didn't go away. Any new mission I select the payment window says 'finish now!' but doesn't pay out of course, just removes the mission selection. But the finish window stays up and I can't get it to go away.

Try it now, all you need is the missioncontroller.dll. Should work correct now. ;)

Try it now, all you need is the missioncontroller.dll. Should work correct now. ;)

That fixed the problem with the finished popup but when I do Kastor IV where you land and drop off a science probe, it's not giving me the 'hide finished goal' when I land even though it's green.

I forgot to send up the few updates I made to those missions to fix some of those issues. But you can fix it yourself by either editing the .sp file and delete the duplicate finished goals for that mission. The only issue is you have to know what your current I'd is for active vessel.

Or you con use settings to delete all goals and try again. Some of the big changes to how goals saved was not updated until .55 so goals were not deleting proper. Now they should be.

Anothe quick fix if you don't want to start over is to edit the goals for that mission repeatable = true.

That way you should finish mission right off. You have to reload the scene for it to stick though.

Been thinking about doing this, might be a little bit before I can get to it.. But its in the works.

Do you think that there could be a way to have both a contract and I mission running at the same time, or even multiple contracts? There have been many times I could do both in the same run, but having to land for both kept me from being able to complete both at the same time...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.