(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Toolbar is a seperate mod that mce and many other mods use for their icons.

The way mce is packaged has all the files in the correct place just drop them into game data and good to go.

I forget that a brand new install of toolbar has all the icons hidden though. So I could see how that could be confusing.

Ok, I flew my first ever mission...

This is an impressive mod... thanks so much for all of the hard work. I promise to donate if I ever get paid :)

I had to revert and relaunch a few times for failing to have necessary parts, but eventually started doing Orbital Research around Minmus (it helps to have a battery on your solar panels :)

I've run into the Orbital Research bug where research is set to TRUE, but after 1 day of research time, I get no credit. Also, the 1x MCE.OrbitalResearch part is set to 0, even though the part is there, working. I have the part attached to the Probodobodyne QBE, as opposed to released and free... flying on its own (in case that makes a difference)

Oh, and the "Clear Mission Goals" button seems to no longer exist in the current version... so I could not try that fix.

Any thoughts?

Flying a mission twice, and never getting paid is going to put me into the poor house!

This is a great Mod.

Keep up the good work.

Have the same issue as Ryder with the MCE-orbital research not wanting to work.

Tried on numerous rockets and probes still the same.

screenshot2_zps1891f99b.png

And when operating the scanner, pressing Start Scan comes up with the message in the top right corner but the scanner says False.

Have tried clearing completed gaols.

Have even done a fresh install with no other Mods. Still happens.

Normally run the following mods

Extra Planetary Launchpads

Kethane Pack

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Acheivemnts

and KAS

Thanks for your time and for doing a great job with this mod

Ill check it out guys and see what is up.

Edit Update on the OrbitalResearch Part.. I have updated both downloads and this problem should be fixed.

Not sure why? But for some reason the part has always been read like OrbitalResearch.MCE but for some reason that is now broken and I had to write it like its in the Description.. OrbitalResearch-MCE.

Completely odd situation since it worked in the older versions written the other way... scratching my head in cunfusion...

So for some reason if it ever breaks again.. Just change the contract mission back to OribtalResearch.MCE... Wow.

Edited by malkuth

Interesting problem with the name of the orbital research module...

Now, for a mission that required an EVA, I was never given credit. WHILE I was on EVA, it said "TRUE", in green, but as soon as I re-entered the capsule, it went FALSE.

What's up with that?

In the end, it didn't matter... I landed anyway, and got credit... I almost reverted the mission!

Now, for contracts... I was offered one to start with. I did it, and now there are no others. I have switched to every possible screen, and waited 24 Kerban hours... and still no new contracts.

We're not supposed to wait an ACTUAL 24 Earth hours, are we? I was hoping that time acceleration would do the trick... but to no avail.

I think that the contract generator should be *forced* to generate contracts the instant there are none to choose from.

Being only able to fly one contract over the course of an entire weekend is just not enough KSP for me :)

Thanks!

R

Update ---- while rechecking for new contracts (for the n'th time), two magically showed up! But I lost many hours of game time waiting.

Edited by Ryder

Well there is a slight chance that you will get no contacts for that round. You also have to change scenes for the generator to kick in.

So best way to do it is to be in space center. Time accel for in game 24 hours (use earth time not kerbal) switch to tracking station and u should have contact.

Edited by malkuth

Oh and as for Eva it will turn back red after you enter back into capsule. As long as you got the hide mission objective you should be all set. It turns red again because the bool is not true anymore. But the bool to finish that objective has already recorded outcome so should be all set.

I've been playing with this mod for a while now, and just wanted to post and say

It's Amazing!

I love KSP, but I'm often un-motivated to accomplish things in it. This gives me tasks and gives me endless entertainment, while making me more conscious of my ship costs and kerbals' lives (I've lost none in my entire space program! :D)

I've encountered no problems, and it's a wonderful mod!

I've been playing with this mod for a while now, and just wanted to post and say

It's Amazing!

I love KSP, but I'm often un-motivated to accomplish things in it. This gives me tasks and gives me endless entertainment, while making me more conscious of my ship costs and kerbals' lives (I've lost none in my entire space program! :D)

I've encountered no problems, and it's a wonderful mod!

Thank you it means a lot to me to hear comments like this. And to know people are enjoying mce and what it has to offer to ksp.

The patch worked fine.

I'm still getting contracts after 24 - 48 hrs, no prob. Occasionally no contracts show up as you mentioned.

This is working well.

Many thanks for your time and effort.

Did get to have a laugh.

2nd round of contracts and Jeb Scrapyards is asking for a spaceplane! only unlocked the first 4 in the tech tree.

Took the EVA one and completed that though

Edited by DrFumbles

Just curious if anybody else is having the problem with the Polar exploring missions. Says one of the objectives is to land on in the Ice Caps biome but I can't complete that one step. What I noticed is the Mission statement says to land in the "Biome: IceCaps" however when I am actually on the Ice Caps it shows I am on "Ice Caps" with a space in between the two words. "IceCaps vs Ice Caps". So I am guessing that is causing me to not complete the mission. Any way for me to fix this? Thanks.

This mod is gold. Adds lots of flavor and its really funny.

I'm having and lil issue with the 0.62 version. The Select New Mission window moves up and down when I click on any of its buttons. Its currently a pain in the ass to actually pick a mission for me because I have to fight to "hit the button". Even to hide completed or unavailable missions and to close the window is hard. Does this behaviour is known?

Edit: It may have something to do with the resolution I'm using (1280:720 windowed), that currently doesn't handle showing the Select New Mission window entirely.

Edited by BadLeo

I started a new career save with this mod and I'm having a blast. Unfortunately, I got a sattelite launching contract requiring a repair station, after which I discovered the Repair Station part is not showing up. I checked in the cfg which tech was required (Advanced Construction, which I have), and what category it was supposed to be in (Utility). I've reloaded the part database, reinstalled the mod and checked sandbox mode but the repair station part remains nowhere to be found, even though the files are obviously there in the folders.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Just curious if anybody else is having the problem with the Polar exploring missions. Says one of the objectives is to land on in the Ice Caps biome but I can't complete that one step. What I noticed is the Mission statement says to land in the "Biome: IceCaps" however when I am actually on the Ice Caps it shows I am on "Ice Caps" with a space in between the two words. "IceCaps vs Ice Caps". So I am guessing that is causing me to not complete the mission. Any way for me to fix this? Thanks.

You need to update. The IceCaps should read Ice Caps that was fixed in .62

I started a new career save with this mod and I'm having a blast. Unfortunately, I got a sattelite launching contract requiring a repair station, after which I discovered the Repair Station part is not showing up. I checked in the cfg which tech was required (Advanced Construction, which I have), and what category it was supposed to be in (Utility). I've reloaded the part database, reinstalled the mod and checked sandbox mode but the repair station part remains nowhere to be found, even though the files are obviously there in the folders.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

if you installed MCE after you researched someting you will have to go back into research and unlock that part in that node, should be grayed out just click it and it will allow you to unlock it.

This mod is gold. Adds lots of flavor and its really funny.

I'm having and lil issue with the 0.62 version. The Select New Mission window moves up and down when I click on any of its buttons. Its currently a pain in the ass to actually pick a mission for me because I have to fight to "hit the button". Even to hide completed or unavailable missions and to close the window is hard. Does this behaviour is known?

Edit: It may have something to do with the resolution I'm using (1280:720 windowed), that currently doesn't handle showing the Select New Mission window entirely.

You can move windows around by left clicking them and dragging them around. If thats not the issue can I have a screen shot of the issue.

Edited by malkuth

if you installed MCE after you researched someting you will have to go back into research and unlock that part in that node, should be grayed out just click it and it will allow you to unlock it.

I started the save after installing MCE. The part is not there in sandbox mode either. I've reinstalled MCE and that didn't fix it either. The part isn't grayed out in the editors, it simply does not show up. I've since also encountered an issue with the orbital research part. I can put it on my ship but the contracts window says it's not there.

I started the save after installing MCE. The part is not there in sandbox mode either. I've reinstalled MCE and that didn't fix it either. The part isn't grayed out in the editors, it simply does not show up. I've since also encountered an issue with the orbital research part. I can put it on my ship but the contracts window says it's not there.

Check we're mce is installed and make sure the parts are located in parts directory.

You should have 4.

You can move windows around by left clicking them and dragging them around. If thats not the issue can I have a screen shot of the issue.

Yap, moving them around works normally. The issue is that windows that can't fit entirely on screen move themselves up and down when I click on a button. I could take a picture, but you'll not see the issue properly because... well, the picture won't move.:sticktongue:

I got around this by just setting my window to a higher resolution (1360x768, biggest resolution available for me), but still there is one window that doesn't fit entirely on the window: the custom contract editor. Could you try to reproduce the issue by reducing your resolution to match small notebooks? If you can't reproduce the problem just tell me and I'll try to make a video of it.

Edit: Actually the MCE windows that are bigger than the screen move themselves not only when I click a button, but when I click on any part of them. Thus, I can't quite move them properly. But the windows that fit themselves entirely on the screen works normally.

Edited by BadLeo

Ok, so now I have to dock with and repair a satellite! Yay!

Sounds fun... but the contract is saying that the HighOrbitSatellite is (unloaded).

It also says I have to match the docking port type... but does not say how to know what type it is.

And finally, it says I have to transfer repair parts, but does not say which parts to bring, nor how to transfer them... (I see a Repair Can Small... so I plan to bring that... fingers crossed)

It seems I'm a long way from launching...

Any help appreciated!

R

Edited by Ryder

Thank you it means a lot to me to hear comments like this. And to know people are enjoying mce and what it has to offer to ksp.

Indeed... KSP *really* needs this kind of functionality...and it's very impressive that you've gone this far with a mod. I truly appreciate what you've accomplished here... and am very thankful for all you do to support the mod, and those that use it!

R

@Ryder You will have to build a satellite with a docking port and a repair station on it and launch it into orbit to be able to do this mission.

The repair can small is the part you take up to repair. once docked you transfer the parts to the repair station. then eva to fix repair station.

I gather this is correct from reading the manual and OP but if I am wrong please correct me.

Nope that is correct i think I will make a video on repair mission this week.

It's actually very fun.

How to know what docking port use? Well the repair mission targets vessels you sent up under the launch satellite into orbit contracts. So the satellite is something you made.

Also make sure you rename your satellites when you do contact missions. Because if they are all called the same thing you will have no idea which one to target. :)

Yap, moving them around works normally. The issue is that windows that can't fit entirely on screen move themselves up and down when I click on a button. I could take a picture, but you'll not see the issue properly because... well, the picture won't move.:sticktongue:

I got around this by just setting my window to a higher resolution (1360x768, biggest resolution available for me), but still there is one window that doesn't fit entirely on the window: the custom contract editor. Could you try to reproduce the issue by reducing your resolution to match small notebooks? If you can't reproduce the problem just tell me and I'll try to make a video of it.

Edit: Actually the MCE windows that are bigger than the screen move themselves not only when I click a button, but when I click on any part of them. Thus, I can't quite move them properly. But the windows that fit themselves entirely on the screen works normally.

Not sure if there is anything I can so about a resolution this small. I will have to look into it. I know what's going on though. Since I use the clamp fuction in unity to keep the windows from going off screen, the window is getting crushed in your resolution and is causing the issue.

Fixing it might be a challenge because disappearing windows us a lot more annoying then a crushed window.

Edited by malkuth

Nope that is correct i think I will make a video on repair mission this week.

It's actually very fun.

How to know what docking port use? Well the repair mission targets vessels you sent up under the launch satellite into orbit contracts. So the satellite is something you made.

Also make sure you rename your satellites when you do contact missions. Because if they are all called the same thing you will have no idea which one to target. :)

Hmmm... interesting... I have two satellites up... but neither have a docking port. They were missions just to get the orbital research box up... but no docking port requirement of any kind.

I guess this is a bug?

Oh, and in all cases, I am getting contracts only by resetting the contract clock, then immediately proceeding to the tracking station... I don't think I have ever gotten a contract "normally", except for the very first one.

So, I've had a rocket in the VAB ready for hours... but no target to send it to... The MCE Revert doesn't seem to exist in this version... should I just revert using the KSP method? Or should I put up a satellite with a docking port and hope that MCE will detect it?

Not at all sure what to do now.

R

Fixing it might be a challenge because disappearing windows us a lot more annoying then a crushed window.

I would be very glad if you could do something, but I totally understand you have priorities and compromises under your development schedule. Now, if I can make a suggestion, how about a smaller skin instead of a coding fight against the game engine? I do not know anything about coding and modding, so I don't know if this isn't something also demanding. Just an idea I had... like smaller font, less space between lines and words... and just the default black frame and white letters... :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.