(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

I noticed that once I had the throttle up a little somehow in one instance, so it could be any of those things.

What things can cause the vessel id to change? (going to space center?, quickloading?).

Also are you planning on allowing multiple missions to run at the same time in the future?

I noticed that once I had the throttle up a little somehow in one instance, so it could be any of those things.

What things can cause the vessel id to change? (going to space center?, quickloading?).

Also are you planning on allowing multiple missions to run at the same time in the future?

Throttle down 0, is a MCE thing. It has to be 0 for most missions to finish and Mission Goals.

If you die and launch another vessel new ID.

If you Revert new Id.

But if you load a quick save. Same Id.. (still same ship)

If you use the MCE revert you are safe from the problem.

If you use just the KSP revert then you will have the problem.

I've found a bug, if the name of an object has an underscore MCE cannot load it. The problem is the underscore.

Example if a mission request a vessel with SC-9001 Science Jr. (object name science_module) or a Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2 (object name Large_Crewed_Lab) MCE cannot load the requested part and shows instead of SC-9001 Science Jr. the object name science_module

n4b0.png

It searches for science_module but you don't have so you cannot complete the mission.

So i've tried to change both, the object name in the part.cfg and the relative request in the .mpkg removing the underscore, and the problem is gone

tvq5.png

This happens with every part that has an underscore in the name (tried with Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2 to), i cannot change the name in part.cfg because other game istances request the original name so i've reverted back with underscore

Edited by Kauna23

I've noticed more than once now that there's a problem with crashgoal missions.

There's a dialog box that MCE pops up whenever your ship crashes, asking if you want to accept the results of the crash or if you want to undo it and revert.

There's a dialog box that MCE pops up whenever you successfully complete a mission and you have to click on it to get the reward payout.

In a crashgoal mission, of course, both of those are going to happen at the same time. If I tell it that I'd like to accept the crash (of course I want to accept it - that was my goal), and then click the confirm button on the reward for the mission, then what seems to happen is that I DO get the money for the mission, but I do NOT get the science points for it. (And then it does get flagged as a completed mission so if it's not a repeatable mission then those science points are forever unattainable.)

The "old KSP window" the message is talking about is not one of the two windows I'm referring to. So technically it's not 2 windows that appear, it's 3. I just didn't mention the KSP's window as it's not relevant to the problem. The problem involves 2 popup windows that are BOTH from MCE. One is the window you show, the other is the window the MCE uses to show you the mission reward. The problem is that the "mission succeeded" event and the "you have crashed" event occur at exactly the same time when the mission has a crashgoal, and so MCE triggers both of these MCE popups.

And although the last line says "if your [sic] doing a CRASHGOAL Mission Ignore This Screen!!" the problem is that you can't ignore it when it's on TOP of the mission success popup. You have to make it go away first because it's obscuring the mission success window under it.

Edited by Steven Mading

The "old KSP window" the message is talking about is not one of the two windows I'm referring to. So technically it's not 2 windows that appear, it's 3. I just didn't mention the KSP's window as it's not relevant to the problem. The problem involves 2 popup windows that are BOTH from MCE. One is the window you show, the other is the window the MCE uses to show you the mission reward. The problem is that the "mission succeeded" event and the "you have crashed" event occur at exactly the same time when the mission has a crashgoal, and so MCE triggers both of these MCE popups.

And although the last line says "if your [sic] doing a CRASHGOAL Mission Ignore This Screen!!" the problem is that you can't ignore it when it's on TOP of the mission success popup. You have to make it go away first because it's obscuring the mission success window under it.

first select the ending screen to save progress and reward and then Exit and Revert or Quickload, is a crashgoal mission so you don't have to revert nothing, simply continue

I've found a bug, if the name of an object has an underscore MCE cannot load it. The problem is the underscore.

Example if a mission request a vessel with SC-9001 Science Jr. (object name science_module) or a Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2 (object name Large_Crewed_Lab) MCE cannot load the requested part and shows instead of SC-9001 Science Jr. the object name science_module

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6923/n4b0.png

It searches for science_module but you don't have so you cannot complete the mission.

So i've tried to change both, the object name in the part.cfg and the relative request in the .mpkg removing the underscore, and the problem is gone

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6051/tvq5.png

This happens with every part that has an underscore in the name (tried with Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2 to), i cannot change the name in part.cfg because other game istances request the original name so i've reverted back with underscore

if they have underscore they have to be written like this science.module. (its listed in known problems, but is not an MCE problem but just the way KSP reads underscores in game)

What mission was this for I can fix it. Or was this self made?

Edited by malkuth

Lets try this again. So all in all you should actually get 3 Pop Ups. The 2 MCE screens, the finish Mission And the Pop up you show in your post about Reverting and all that.

For crash Goals. With the MCE Pop Up

1. Choose Exit and Revert (yes you don't actually revert)

2. Finsih Mission.

The third screen that pops up is the KSP screen. Its an old window and if you DON'T EXIT THIS WINDOW and actually use the Return to SpaceCenter or Return to TrackingStation you will not get paid for Science points! Again DO Not Use the Revert, Or the Return To SpaceCenter Or the Return to TrackingStation, Your KSP Save file will be reverted no matter what option you CHOOSE! Nothing I can do about this. That is why I made the pop up window to warn you about that window.. And to Fix another problem with Mission Goals.

So at all cost EXIT THAT KSP WINDOW without choosing its revert or Goto Overview screen.. Then you will use ECS to exit KSP normally. Again that screen will Erase your science points.

check out the known issues for better explanation.

Edited by malkuth

Really need a pictorial guide on that crash goal one. I've read this thread and the known issues, and I just keep getting more and more confused about which screen to click first, second, last, which buttons, etc. The "known issues" explanation is definitely not "better."

If I'm understanding the correct sequence, I would rewrite that entire popup screen. The author's use of pronouns is quite confusing, as is the general organization of the information provided.

Vessel Destroyed - Mission Controller Help

Your vessel was destroyed during a Mission Controller mission. In order to gain credit for a Crash Goal, or to properly revert this flight, certain steps must be taken.

1) Click outside of this help window. A crash log window should appear.

2) Close the crash log window. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER BUTTONS ON THE CRASH LOG WINDOW, EXCEPT FOR THE CLOSE BUTTON.

If you wish to accept the mission failure and destruction of this vessel:

3) Click the "Erase Finished Goals" button below.

4) Hit the ESC key. The game menu should appear.

5) Click the "Space Center" button.

If you have completed your Crash Goal mission:

3) Click the "Exit" button on this window.

4) Hit the ESC key. The game menu should appear.

5) Click the "Space Center" button.

If you wish to revert this flight:

4) Hit the MCE "Revert Flight" button.

If you wish to quick load from a save:

4) Hold down the F9 key.

If I'm understanding the correct sequence, I would rewrite that entire popup screen. The author's use of pronouns is quite confusing, as is the general organization of the information provided.

Pretty nice. Lots better. The problem is fitting it all in one little window. ;)

I will try to fit it into the Next release and see If I can fit it inside the window. Thanks a bunch.

Or I might just get rid of it all together the next release. Still need a little pop up though warning about the KSP window.

Edited by malkuth

first select the ending screen to save progress and reward and then Exit and Revert or Quickload, is a crashgoal mission so you don't have to revert nothing, simply continue

To repeat what I already said, the windows are layered on top of each other in the wrong order to be able to actually do that. The button you're telling me to click on FIRST is covered up by the window you're telling me to click on second. If the windows weren't semi-transparent I wouldn't even be able to see the button you're telling me to click on first.

A sensible solution is to not even have two different popup windows. Have one, that works like this:

Has a mission ended OR a crash happened? If so, we're going to be popping up a window about that.

Fill the contents of that window with the following:

IF mission has ended successfully, show the mission success widgets and information.

ELSE the mission has not ended successfully, then it's a crash, so show the crash/revert widgets and information.

Now, make that window appear.

That way you don't get both dialogs at the same time. If there's both a crash and a success together at the same time, the fact that it's a success overrides the fact that it's a crash, in terms of deciding what to ask the user to click on.

The windows stop being "this is the mission success window" and "this is the crashed window". Instead they become "this is the 'its over' window, regardless of why it's over. Depending on why it's over, the contents of the window are different."

Edited by Steven Mading

if they have underscore they have to be written like this science.module. (its listed in known problems, but is not an MCE problem but just the way KSP reads underscores in game)

What mission was this for I can fix it. Or was this self made?

Every auxiliary module mission in all 4 packages orbital and surface bases requires a science module, i've fixed it replacing underscores with dots as you said, it works.

Extract and replace

https://mega.co.nz/#!JEhwhBLC!YwBqKxGRva6VxymN3pSLSmOr9skWU5lF0Zea1qaQ7lU

Every auxiliary module mission in all 4 packages orbital and surface bases requires a science module, i've fixed it replacing underscores with dots as you said, it works.

Extract and replace

https://mega.co.nz/#!JEhwhBLC!YwBqKxGRva6VxymN3pSLSmOr9skWU5lF0Zea1qaQ7lU

Thanks added to next update. This stuff really helps me out, I can't thank you enough. ;)

I see no part mods supported by the mod. Does that mean that any part from a mod not listed will be free?

All part mods are supported because MCE uses its own Algorithm to come up with part cost.

Certain parts might be expensive though. It matters what the part type is. Anything that makes huge unrealistic values for engines will be priced very high.

Other mods like Interstellar have expensive engines, but they do have support to lower them a little more. But still are expensive, but it mostly matches what they offer.

And all these values can be edited in the MCSettings.cfg file and much more if you wish. Pretty much everything MCE uses to calculate anything in MCE is inside the MCSettings.Cfg file and editable by you.

Version .65 of MCE is out.

Again sorry for having a 2nd update in less week but working on these bugs and issues is important.

1. First bunch of issues with BootStrap Missions have been fixed by Kauna23 so thanks to him for the help with that.

2. Redid the way Non Repeatable missions are saved and deleted. Now when you launch a new vessel a check will be made (The check is only made if a Mission is loaded and its NOT REPEATABLE), if a previous vessel tried to do a Non Repeatable mission the goals will be reset and deleted. This should almost completely get rid of the whole, I can't finish this mission problem because the vessel ID does not match the new vessel and previously saved goals. The only thing I can see that might happen now is if maybe the player launches a Non Repeatable mission.. Stops it for some reason mid way through.. And launches a new vessel just because they are bored or whatever with the same mission still loaded! This will delete the goals of the mission because MCE thinks your starting the mission over. So beware of this.. I guess we will see how this turns out.. LOL. If you want to avoid this don't keep the mission loaded if you are pausing a mission for whatever reason to launch a new vessel. Again to repeat this only applies to A Non Repeatable mission. Repeatable missions can have many different vessels and goals and not have any issues with this! So they are not included in the check or deletion of goals.

3. Redid Crash Goal mission help. Now the warning about KSP crash Log that pops up is actually part of Mission Descriptions.

4. No more pop up when you crash a vessel while a mission is active. Totally removed because of number 2 and number 3.

Can download the new update on front page. Thanks for all the help on bug squashing.

malkuth.

Oh PS.. For you guys a few pages back wondering about the Parachutes mass and Resources. I opened up the debug logs on them (actually rewrote them to be exact) checked them out a little bit and seem to be working. But I really didn't have a lot of time to actually do the maths. So have at it if you must.

Previous Fixes

Version .64

Figured I would get this out to fix the more annoying problems.

1. Fixed longitude problem in Crater Random Mission.

2. Fixed the wrong name in Oribital-MCE in a few contract mission.

3. Fixed a few of the BSM missoins reported in thread with Undock.

Possible other issues that been reported that I can't find and need more info.

1. The User Contracts window not closing.

2. Missions not ending could be multiple reasons, if the mission can only be done once (IE not repeatable LOTS OF BSM Mission Like this).. If a previous attempt exist that failed, then a new vessel won't work.. Need to delete all mission goals in settings to reset this problem. And when you die in these types of missions its important to pick the Do mission with another vessel if you get the death screen. (I will attempt another way around this in a later version).

Version .63

1. Added a Few Hotfixes to make an official Version change Name change in contract Mission Part name OrbitalResearch (this is only a contract name change vessels are STILL SAFE)

2. Added a few fixed to Stock ComSat Missions Got rid of time count and Passive Mission parts (passive mission no longer works)

3. Fixed Random Contracts Mid Years Large Orbital Mission for you get Max APA and Min PEA instead of Max APA and Min APA.

4. Fixed a possible time bug with the time countdown. remember you can only do 1 timed mission at a time.. Not including Orbital Reserearch or roverResearch Both these types have own countdown timers. If your having issues with the timer its possible that the timer is set up for another mission. If you check your .sp file this line should read like this. timeStarted = -1 (thats a Minus 1 its important) if not then set it to -1 to restart the timer. Its not important if you don't do this. Just that if the timer is set to an older time (other mission not finished) the timer will continue from that time, and either give you an instant finish, or possible longer countdown then what current mission is. I will fix this at a later more extensive update.

Edited by malkuth

Here is an interesting observation somebody might find useful. Given the current cost structure and payouts for stages autorecycled with parachutes (roughly 60%) versus 85% for stuff manually landed on solid ground and manually recovered, it can be more profitable to build a bigger more expensive rocket that can get to orbit with just the 1st stage. Then you can separate, reenter, land and manually recover that 1st stage to get 85% of it's value.

For the "Mid Years Large Manned Mission to Minmus" (and Mun) I built a heavy lander with a Mobile Processing Lab and plenty of fuel so I could land on as many biomes as possible in a single mission. Then I designed several possible rockets to lift it to orbit, attached to an orange tank with a Poodle or Aerospike engine to serve as transfer stage to Minmus/Mun plus orbital fuel depot for the lander. At first I aimed for the cheapest design, then added parachutes to recover all the dropped stages. It cost $331,560 (Minmus mission pays 400k, so that's cool). It turns out the cost to orbit (cost of the dropped stages subtracted by the autorecycled value) was $83836.

Then I tried with a big first stage that can get to orbit (with over 400m/s deltaV left in it), and then manually reenter, land and be recovered at 85%. Initial total cost: $439306. Actual cost to orbit: $68639. :)

I manage to land on *all* Minmus biomes in a single mission and get nearly all science from it. I got 3491 science when I landed back at Kerbin. With all the stuff I transmitted during the mission, I think the total was over 5000. And since the very expensive lander was also recovered at 85% (only the transfer stage was lost), the mission profit was nearly $280,000. :)

Screenshots of the rockets + mission result: http://imgur.com/a/BL61u

For consistency, I think the autorecycle should pay as much as manual recovery on water. Unless a stage drops before the start of the gravity turn, or it's a polar orbit launch, dropped stages will likely land on water, so I get why it can't pay more than water recovery. But I don't see any reason for it to pay less. Setting autoRecycle = .6842 in MCSettings should do it, if I did the math right.

Would it be possible for this to have compatibility with the Realism Overhaul system? Currently the second mission wants an orbit, but that is actually very hard to do with the parts one would have at that point. Maybe someone could make a mission series specifically for Realism Overhaul, or have .config setting for upscaling the current missions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.