(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Version 1.09.3 Released.

Small Update to fix a few reported bugs and issues.

1. Fixed a possible issue with civilian contract orbital. The issue was if you switched vessels while in landing stage your green check marks for all the orbital Objectives would be unchecked (this is normal in most contracts). The problem was that once you went back to your vessel the orbital checks would not go back! I fixed this issue by adding some checks to what I did and did not want to work for changing vessels in contracts. Now this contract is pretty safe for most part and you should be able to change vessels at any time again.

2. Fixed issue with landing goal still being applied while in PreLaunch. I fixed this issue by only allowing the landing goal to become active after it detects the vessel launch. Works pretty good.

3. Many Spelling issues fixed by Forum user Castun and Kerbas. Since my spelling and grammar is pretty sad, these two forums members helped fix many of those issues in this version. So thank you so much Castun and Kerbas. :)

4. Hopefully for real this time, I fixed turning off both Historic Contracts and civilian contracts in settings. Crosses fingers.

5. Fixed issue with small repair panel not being accepted for some contracts as a Repair Panel.

Edited by malkuth

I did the SKylab mission and two things I noticed. The first skylab mission actually doesnt require a docking port to complete and for the second it is not clear how the repair works. For starters it lists repair parts instead of spareparts and I still dont know where to get spareparts.

I did the SKylab mission and two things I noticed. The first skylab mission actually doesnt require a docking port to complete and for the second it is not clear how the repair works. For starters it lists repair parts instead of spareparts and I still dont know where to get spareparts.

Hmm something else I missed I guess with Skylab and not changing it to repair parts I'll double check to see if this is the case.

Anyway spare parts are available in the repair can that is located in the same tab as engines.

Little bit of news I will be adding one more mod to my work load. Blizzy's achievments. Already forked it and got it to work in ksp .25. Just plan on adding contract achievements and some others and will release it.

Just thought you should know.

I recently discovered a problem with the "contract failed if ship destroyed" feature.

I did the Luna 2 mission and crashed my ship, as asked, into Mun which lead to failing of my other two (Civillian Tour and satellite deployment) contracts.

Or is it thought to work this way?

I recently down loaded this mod when I upgraded to .25 and started over in the game.

I'm having trouble seeing the designated orbit of the satellite. I did two of these missions. During the second contract I tried to get smart and start a third satellite contract while one was doing a long transfer. I couldn't see the target orbit. So I finished that contract and then I could see the new orbit in the tracking station but when I go to launch a new sat the orbit is gone.

Am I doing some thing wrong? I meet all the requirements for the contract. It is a new build. There is a green check in the contract window by the requirements in the contract. But I can't see the orbit.

Lee

I recently discovered a problem with the "contract failed if ship destroyed" feature.

I did the Luna 2 mission and crashed my ship, as asked, into Mun which lead to failing of my other two (Civillian Tour and satellite deployment) contracts.

Or is it thought to work this way?

Not really an oversight it's how the contract system works in kerbal space program. Any vessel can do any contract at any time. Your best bet is not to do a bunch of mission controller contracts together.

I recently down loaded this mod when I upgraded to .25 and started over in the game.

I'm having trouble seeing the designated orbit of the satellite. I did two of these missions. During the second contract I tried to get smart and start a third satellite contract while one was doing a long transfer. I couldn't see the target orbit. So I finished that contract and then I could see the new orbit in the tracking station but when I go to launch a new sat the orbit is gone.

Am I doing some thing wrong? I meet all the requirements for the contract. It is a new build. There is a green check in the contract window by the requirements in the contract. But I can't see the orbit.

Lee

Hi, think your confusing mission controller and finePrint. Mission controller does not have visual waypoints in tracking station.

Malkuth: in the old Mission Controller Extended, users were able to define contracts. The KSP contract system prevented that. Well, another modder is one step closer to that. You may want to take advantage of his mod and integrate it with yours so that you can create more contracts easily.

[0.25] ContractConfigurator [v0.1.0 2014-11-29]

Welp I promised some help with Repair Contracts. So I updated my Youtube channel with a New Repair Contract How To Video for the New Version.

First in a series of How To Videos in the next coming weeks.

Malkuth: in the old Mission Controller Extended, users were able to define contracts. The KSP contract system prevented that. Well, another modder is one step closer to that. You may want to take advantage of his mod and integrate it with yours so that you can create more contracts easily.

Thats pretty cool, but I really don't need it. Its very easy for me to write contracts in Mission Controller at this point, since I already have the base code in place.

The same issues that plague MC2, FinePrint and others with how contracts work in Kerbal Space program is not going to change because I use that new code. (IE its very hard to write story contracts when the contract system does not really support it in anyway)

But its cool that others can write their own contracts now if they wish.

Edited by malkuth

[0.25] ContractConfigurator [v0.1.0 2014-11-29]

Thats pretty cool, but I really don't need it. Its very easy for me to write contracts in Mission Controller at this point, since I already have the base code in place.

The same issues that plague MC2, FinePrint and others with how contracts work in Kerbal Space program is not going to change because I use that new code. (IE its very hard to write story contracts when the contract system does not really support it in anyway)

But its cool that others can write their own contracts now if they wish.

It's funny, because I always saw it as the other way around - for ContractConfigurator I'll be looking at mods like Mission Controller 2 for inspiration for new parameters (or integrate directly with those mods if it makes sense). One day in the future you should be able to hypothetically make something with the scope of Mission Controller 2 using ContractConfigurator - but that wont' be the case until I hit the breadth of parameters that I'm looking for.

It's funny, because I always saw it as the other way around - for ContractConfigurator I'll be looking at mods like Mission Controller 2 for inspiration for new parameters (or integrate directly with those mods if it makes sense). One day in the future you should be able to hypothetically make something with the scope of Mission Controller 2 using ContractConfigurator - but that wont' be the case until I hit the breadth of parameters that I'm looking for.

The main issue for most contracts is that any vessel at any time can complete any part of contracts. With fine print and now mce we combat this with vessel switching trickery and vessel launch times. It helps but still it's an issue.

I have messed around with using vessel Id's also, but that in itself does not guarantee anything ( docking changing id's) and the fact that you can grab as many contracts as you want make it almost impossible to predict how a player plays.

It's a great program and reminds me of original mission controller .txt editing missions.

Feel free to check out mc2 parameters I wrote them to be pretty universal, which allows me to write contracts pretty quick if need be.

Your also going to have to cope with issue of contract archive resets. Any contract in the mc archives has to keep the original contract in place if not then the system gets reset, and the old saved contracts get wiped from the persistent file. And it's very touchy when it's looking for its values.

Edited by malkuth

I've been away from Mission Controller for a while, playing KSP 0.25 with just the stock missions, but I recently put MC2 on it and started a new campaign.

Now I notice that the camera does a *weird* thing when I transition from suborbital to orbital flight. You know how normally the camera swings 90 degrees to a new position when you achieve enough velocity to go from a suborbital path to an orbital path, or visa versa? Well now whenever that happens, in addition to the camera rotating it also zooms WAAAAAAAY out, until the ship is but a tiny pixel in the distance and I have to spin the mouse wheel a lot to zoom it back into view. It's not a fatal bug, just a bit annoying and just odd as I can't figure out what it has to do with MC2, but it only started happening after I installed MC2.

Is this unique to me or has anyone else experienced this?

FYI, this latest update with the SpareParts has introduced a conflict with Ippo's DangIt! That also uses SpareParts but I don't think they're the same as MCE's, only the name, which has made the DangIt side unusable now.

They are the same part. Not sure what would conflict though spare parts is part of the community resource pack.

It's the equivalent of my part uses liquid fuel and so does a lot of other parts. My part does not make the others not work. ;).

Edited by malkuth

I've been away from Mission Controller for a while, playing KSP 0.25 with just the stock missions, but I recently put MC2 on it and started a new campaign.

Now I notice that the camera does a *weird* thing when I transition from suborbital to orbital flight. You know how normally the camera swings 90 degrees to a new position when you achieve enough velocity to go from a suborbital path to an orbital path, or visa versa? Well now whenever that happens, in addition to the camera rotating it also zooms WAAAAAAAY out, until the ship is but a tiny pixel in the distance and I have to spin the mouse wheel a lot to zoom it back into view. It's not a fatal bug, just a bit annoying and just odd as I can't figure out what it has to do with MC2, but it only started happening after I installed MC2.

Is this unique to me or has anyone else experienced this?

Never seen this happen. No code exist in mce2 that even touches code for camera.

A output_log file might help figure it out though.

They are the same part. Not sure what would conflict though spare parts is part of the community resource pack.

It's the equivalent of my part uses liquid fuel and so does a lot of other parts. My part does not make the others not work. ;).

I think it's something to do with that new GUI for transferring resources, since Dangit uses its own. So question is, what can I do to get this resolved?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.