(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

I noticed that settings to remove test contracts, rescue contracts and maybe another are no longer in the MC settings window in game. I can remove them via the config file, but didn't they used to be changeable in game?

I noticed that settings to remove test contracts, rescue contracts and maybe another are no longer in the MC settings window in game. I can remove them via the config file, but didn't they used to be changeable in game?

I took them out because a future update will have a lot larger list of options to disable. And it would of been to much for the ingame menu.

I took them out because a future update will have a lot larger list of options to disable. And it would of been to much for the ingame menu.

Thank you just wanted to know it wasn't a glitch. Also the update fixed the contracts so thank you for that as well.

I'm having a problem with choosing particular frequencies with the new cores. I can't select anything between 1 and 3.5 or between 47.5 and 50. In between 3.5 and 47.5 I'm able to use any of the frequencies in .5 increments. This is happening on Linux, going to test it out in Windows later to see if it's an issue there.

I'm having a problem with choosing particular frequencies with the new cores. I can't select anything between 1 and 3.5 or between 47.5 and 50. In between 3.5 and 47.5 I'm able to use any of the frequencies in .5 increments. This is happening on Linux, going to test it out in Windows later to see if it's an issue there.

Known issue it seems to be problem with ksp and its sliders on the ends. Even if I cut off the selection form 1 to 3 and 47 50. The problem seems to still happen with the next set of higher numbers.

Known issue it seems to be problem with ksp and its sliders on the ends. Even if I cut off the selection form 1 to 3 and 47 50. The problem seems to still happen with the next set of higher numbers.

Ahh ok.

I have to say your contracts have brought a lot more enjoyment to the game for me. You've done a great job with this mod.

Hi I am having issues with the orbits.

It says I have to attain an apoapsis and periapsis of at least 2868000 .... I currently have periapsis at 2869000 and apoapsis of 2872000 but it wont recognize it :(. It simply doesnt fire. Inclination is .313 degrees and eccentricity is .0004 orbital period is one day 40 seconds. The navcore is correct correct frequency all else is correct but it never seems to want to put the orbit parameters in the green. At most I get one in the green but only temporarily :(

EDIT:

Well I solved it. For some reason Apoapsis has to be exactly 2868... and Periapsis 2867... no margin for error it seems. Took a lot of burns to get it that precise :P

Edited by waerth

Tested and everything works fine in 1.03 of ksp.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi I am having issues with the orbits.

It says I have to attain an apoapsis and periapsis of at least 2868000 .... I currently have periapsis at 2869000 and apoapsis of 2872000 but it wont recognize it :(. It simply doesnt fire. Inclination is .313 degrees and eccentricity is .0004 orbital period is one day 40 seconds. The navcore is correct correct frequency all else is correct but it never seems to want to put the orbit parameters in the green. At most I get one in the green but only temporarily :(

EDIT:

Well I solved it. For some reason Apoapsis has to be exactly 2868... and Periapsis 2867... no margin for error it seems. Took a lot of burns to get it that precise :P

You only have a 1000 Meter margin of error. So yeah. :)

Good way to do it is once your satellite is in orbit. Right click on your engine and Adjust the thrust down to 10% or less. Makes for very easy and small adjustments that way.

Hadnt thought of that. But you should change the text of the contract then as it is very confusing now. It says an orbit of "at least" which implies everything over that will be fine! Should be "precisely" instead of at least.

W

I tried to search on the topic, but I'm not sure the question was already asked so : it might sound dumb but is it compatible with Contract Configurator? Awesome mod by the way, enhance a lot the contract gameplay!

I tried to search on the topic, but I'm not sure the question was already asked so : it might sound dumb but is it compatible with Contract Configurator? Awesome mod by the way, enhance a lot the contract gameplay!

Yeah should work fine. Might clog up your contracts a little. But they will work together fine.

Hmm a Couple things....

Are your Science parts (Ionization Chamber, and Mass Spectrometry Tube) supposed to be in Utilities? in the VAB and SPH? (THey used to be in Science but recently got moved I think)

I have a contract that called for linking up with a ground station from KSO. Ok, The problem is I am supposed to have a "Resource Survey Scanner" on the satellite.......

Ok, I put a recourse scanner on the satellite, but the contract is complete except that line..... What resource survey scanner is it looking for?

EDIT: Ok I put every scanner and resource finder on a test ship and checked... Eliminating them until I found that (At least at my tech level) that it wants the M700 Survey Scanner. I dont know if further up the tech tree there are other parts that will satisfy the requirements.

Edited by BlackHat

Your historical missions make career mode worthwhile for me. Absolutely brilliant work. So far I am not tired of repeating them again and again. They are so much more satisfying than the stock contracts and most all other mod contracts besides.

You posted the following below list of requirements for the various historical missions to drop a while back. I wonder if some things have changed? For example, is Large Electronics still in the tech tree? So far in this career save I got the Vostok & Voskhod missions and the 2 Luna and 2 Agena missions. I got Tiros 1 but not any later Tiros nor any of the Mariner, Apollo and SkyLab. This career save is in the middle part of the tech tree. Last career save I played up to the end of the tech tree and the extended Duna missions and Apollo 17 did not ever drop. Last save I used the stock tree. This time I am using CTT if that changes anything. I do an enormous amount of contract rejecting at mission control! Oh, I also have not seen the MCE Lander and Orbital research contracts yet in this game. Maybe I need to do the purchase entry cost on the ionization chamber and the mass spec tube? I will give that a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Most historical contracts require a Tech Level Upgrade. I don't think I updated this information in awhile.

Tiros 1: FlightControl

Tiros 2: SpaceExploration and Electrics and FlightControl

Tiros 3: Advanced Exploration + Above.

All Mariner: FlightControl + Tiros 1 Done.

Voyager need Advanced Exploration and all the Mariner contracts done.

Apollo Missions Require: Field Science, Advanced Landing, Heavier Rocketry.

SkyLab Requires: Large Electronics and Specialized Construction.

Agena Requires: Specialized construction and Voskhod 2 to be done.

After this you are at the mercy of the contract system for these to show up. More contract you have in game the less things tend to show up since they all share the same pool. Also most contracts require you to have at least decent Standing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. My reputation is at about 75.

Edit: OK, Apollo 7 has just now turned up. I wonder what has happened to the Mariner missions?

Edited by Kaa253

So I'm trying to do one of the missions for MC2, whereby I place a weather satellite into a polar orbit. Is there some special parameter that makes an orbit a 'polar' one?

My mission parameters state:

[X] Orbital Inclination of : 90

[ ] Enter Polar Orbit Around: Kerbin with ApA of at least: 850000

[ ] Enter Polar Orbit Around Kerbin with a PeA of at least: 850000

[ ] Send Data Stream and Connect Satellite to Customers

[X] (Then repair part required, launch new probe, and vessel must survive while contract is active)

It of course will not let me activate the part until the orbital parameters are met. No problem. The problem is, I am by my view, in the stated orbit. Heck. I'm about to WAY overdo it to 8,500,000m orbit just to make sure it's not some kind of display error. Is there something special about a Polar Orbit, as far as Dmagic is concerned?

Nope. No joy. I'm really unsure how to succeed at this contract.

(I posted this in the DMagic topic first. Oops. Mah brain is not perfect tonight. Or any night.)

I had one of those also. by the X next to polar, it appears you already have the correct inclination.

Mine also gave me fits over the orbit saying the AP and PE were not correct (one or the other with be satisfied and the other would not) Finally I had to switch to another vessel to land a lander. But I crashed the lander and destroyed it. The Kicker was that the Contract all of a sudden decided that the Lander was the vessel the must survive while contract is active (even though it was NOT carring the required part), and registered the contract as failed. I quickly uncheck THAT feature in the options and loaded an earlier quicksave. I do remember playing around for a long time before I got it to register that both the AP and PE were correct and still have no clue why it gave me such a hard time. (it was a KEO orbit mission, with AP and PE required to be 2868000 if I recall correctly), I have avoided doing any MC2 missions for awhile since then.

WOW. Ok. So I got another mission after biting the bullet and cancelling the last.

I've been playing around with it, since it's pretty inexpensive to build a research satellite or whatever for these missions. (Payload is different, but the satellite itself can be pretty similar each time.)

When the contract says 'At least' blah blah, it means 'DAMN NEAR EXACTLY'. It's not kidding. I finally managed to get a checkmark on a mission objective when my ApA was almost exactly what was requested. That's fine, I just wish the contract was worded that way, so one would know.

Edit: Yep. Exactly. I had to get my ApA to 2,167.6km and my PeA to 2,166.7 for the conditions of the mission to be met. It allowed me to link up and run the research *before* those were met (where it wouldn't when I was WAY off) so I'm wondering if this is a bit more precise than the author intended? If I didn't use Engineer Redux, I'd never be able to meet these conditions.

Edited by rdwulfe

Yeah when I had it flopping back and forth saying after every maneuver attempt, that now the PE is correct, but not AP, then next time AP is correct not PE. then flip flop back and forth for 2 or three. attempts. (both needed to be 2868000 if I recall correctly)

Finally I think I got AP ok, then lowered PE too low and then burned pro-grade at the lowest throttle setting with the thrust throttled down to 5% for like 2 or 3 minutes watching the PE slowing inch its way up until the contract said both were good.

I dont remember the final values anymore but they did not look any different than what I thought I had on the previous attempts.

It maybe that the tolerances on the MC2's contracts are set to small, compared to other contract orbit requirements.

..//..I wonder if some things have changed? For example, is Large Electronics still in the tech tree? ..//..

I can't seem to find it in the tech tree... so we can assume it's gone.

Does that mean that the Skylab missions won't turn up? or is there a way to change that?

I can't seem to find it in the tech tree... so we can assume it's gone.

Does that mean that the Skylab missions won't turn up? or is there a way to change that?

The Mariner missions and the later Tiros have turned up for me now. It looked like they were unlocked by Precision Engineering. I just completed Apollo 17 and Skylab dropped right on cue!

Is it possible to change payment multiplier for Mission Controller 2 contracts? They seem to be somewhat overpowered compared to stock and other mod's, especially satellite ones.

I found a line "Contract_Payment_Multiplier = 1" in Config.cfg in mod's folder but it only accepts integer values and seem to be useless since I couldn't find any difference between setting it 1 and 10.

P. S. Checked source and sadly it seems that Mission Controller has same payment for all difficulty mods so no reduction for Hard, if I correctly understood it:

"Network1.SetFunds(90000, 100000, targetBody);"

Edited by S1mancoder

I seem to have an issue with a Research Sat not registering its orbit. I get within the goal and everything turns green in the contract except the Apa and Epa. I double checked to make sure I was using the correct orbit and altitude and was spot on. Sometimes the Epa will turn green for a few seconds before changing back, the Apa does not turn green at all.

Is this a known issue by chance?

I seem to have an issue with a Research Sat not registering its orbit. I get within the goal and everything turns green in the contract except the Apa and Epa. I double checked to make sure I was using the correct orbit and altitude and was spot on. Sometimes the Epa will turn green for a few seconds before changing back, the Apa does not turn green at all.

Is this a known issue by chance?

How spot on was your orbit?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.