(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

9 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

How do I complete the "Record the impact with a Spectrometer"?  I have several spectrometers (from a mod).  While one vessel with the spectrometer flies over head, I crash another vessel.   Nothing is recorded.  The mission does not indicate completed.  Is there a specific spectrometer I need to use?   Am I suppose to use the MC2 Mass Spectrometer, which needs to be on the surface?

I take it your talking about Luna 2 Historical mission.  Its the only Crash goal mission in Mission Controller.  I have no mission that you use the spectrometer to record impact.  The goals are literally.

1. Collect science Data from mun.

2. Crash into mun.

3. Orbit Mun.

I think your confusing another mods contract with me.

12 hours ago, Noromier said:

GitHub is showing the most recent update as 10 days ago and i'm not seeing a new update in CKAN. Am I missing something?

N/m its working. Thanks!

Didn't even realize Ckan was still working, good to know.  Don't really do the Ckan Update myself, believe they get info from my GitHub Downloads.

I'm not referring to Luna 2.   I thought this was one of the MC2 missions.  I I use another mod, Impact, which creates these contracts.  Thanks for answering  

On another note, I just completed the Apollo 10 mission, and did not get a mission accomplished indication.  I had the right parts, crew, and Munar orbit.

Edited by Apollo13

• 3 months later...

No post in this thread since Oct 13 '16.

@Mods: If I'm posting in the wrong place, please advise.

@malkuth: On the first page of this thread, it shows version 1.4.3 to be the most up-to-date.

But, clicking on the link for github, it shows me 1.4.2 released on Oct 29th.

Is it just me? Am I not looking in the right place?

• 4 weeks later...

One quibble i have with this particular mod is how easy it is to wipe out 10 contracts by just failing one mission.

Example: Lets say i have one contract for 4 GEO satellites, and another, separate contract for a single GEO satellite. Since both of those missions have a common dependency (probe core), every sat in each contract gets a green check in the little in-flight contract menu, making the game think that i'm launching all of those missions at once, when i'm only launching one. If i explode the single-sat mission, the constellation contract fails alongside it, because the game thinks that all of the sats from all the accepted contracts were destroyed.

• 4 weeks later...

nice mod here, i tried it for first time and made me addicted with satellites

however when i installed RSS, the apoapsis and periapsis requirements for those satellite contracts were incompatible and readed like minus 5000000 meters. if you can, patches for compatibility with RSS would be nice, without this mod the game is less fun with satellites.

4ubk93.pnghere a sample image of issue

this is the issue report:

KSP: KSP MacOS 1.2.2

Problem: Apoapsis and periapsis requirements by satellite contracts goes to minus 5 million something

Mods: no other mods affected the apoapsis and periapsis requirements until Real Solar System v12.0 is installed

The logs if you need it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2n4b26nyv4twvc/Player.log.zip?dl=0 -- the link to download logs

Reproduction steps:

simply make a career mode game

open mission control

find a contract requiring launching a satellite

see the apoapsis and periapsis requirements

18 hours ago, astroranger189 said:

this is the issue report:

KSP: KSP MacOS 1.2.2

Problem: Apoapsis and periapsis requirements by satellite contracts goes to minus 5 million something

Mods: no other mods affected the apoapsis and periapsis requirements until Real Solar System v12.0 is installed

The logs if you need it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2n4b26nyv4twvc/Player.log.zip?dl=0 -- the link to download logs

Reproduction steps:

simply make a career mode game

open mission control

find a contract requiring launching a satellite

see the apoapsis and periapsis requirements

Do all of them do this.  This should automatically work with RO, Uses the ingame parameters to come up with the Random numbers... Might of been just an unlucky pick.  If its happening to all the contracts though then its a problem.  I don't play KSP much anymore so can't really check right now.. Or RO for that matter.

2 hours ago, malkuth said:

Do all of them do this.  This should automatically work with RO, Uses the ingame parameters to come up with the Random numbers... Might of been just an unlucky pick.  If its happening to all the contracts though then its a problem.  I don't play KSP much anymore so can't really check right now.. Or RO for that matter.

one minor detail, i Don't have RO installed and another thing is the Luna 2 Mission is bugged, somehow it pointed to Mercury when it supposed to point to the Moon. Last detail is all satellite contracts that require specific orbits when launched is affected by "minus 5 million something" bug.

am i supposed to have RO installed for MCE to work with RSS?

On 3/26/2017 at 3:46 AM, astroranger189 said:

one minor detail, i Don't have RO installed and another thing is the Luna 2 Mission is bugged, somehow it pointed to Mercury when it supposed to point to the Moon. Last detail is all satellite contracts that require specific orbits when launched is affected by "minus 5 million something" bug.

am i supposed to have RO installed for MCE to work with RSS?

No.  But the the the contracts pointing to other bodies is understandable, since RO changes the number of the bodies in the game to something else.  IE The Mun to mercury etc.  Not much I can do about this other than making a special version only for RSS.  

The other point for the - million is most likely just some bad math on my part and its not translating well to the Much larger planet sizes for RSS.  

3 minutes ago, malkuth said:

No.  But the the the contracts pointing to other bodies is understandable, since RO changes the number of the bodies in the game to something else.  IE The Mun to mercury etc.  Not much I can do about this other than making a special version only for RSS.  

The other point for the - million is most likely just some bad math on my part and its not translating well to the Much larger planet sizes for RSS.  

well ok, if theres a special version for RSS i will download it.

other than that interesting mod :)  

Problem when using KIS/KAS.  My custom contract was a crew transfer for a base on Minmus.  Upon landing and linking my vessel to the base, the contract timer started, as it should.

However, each time I attached an object to the base (I was resupplying with Supplies (see USI/LS mod)), the timer would restart. The timer also restarted when I linked to another vessel near the base.

The timer should not restart.  Granted, this was a minor inconvenience; but the timer restarted about a dozen times as I attached various Supplies or Fertilizer to the base.

How do I get the custom ComSat contract I set up to appear.  I've made sure they are enabled and can cheat it in.  Do I have to do a specific mission to make them start appearing?  Will they appear on their own?  Do they have rep limit?

Also, in regard to repair panels, will missions to repair sattelites generate for any sattelite with a panel?  Or do they have to be sattelites that are made for contracts?

Edited by Jikahn

• 1 month later...

Ok I released a new version for KSP 1.3.  Lucky it was not to much to do or I might not have at all.

In other news I have grand plans for MCE but have little time or desire to do much anymore with this game.  So I will offer out, if anyone is interested in taking over MCE please PM me.  hate to see this mod die because of my lack of interest in KSP right now.  So send me a PM if interested.  My Github has been updated with latest version.  

Take note that only github version right now is updated for ksp 1.3.  Curse has not updated their version tags yet, and its a waste time to update if version don't match tags.  So get it off Github for now.  Thanks.

https://github.com/malkuth1974/MissionController2/releases

On 5/31/2017 at 5:29 AM, DirtyFace83 said:

Be sad to see you around less. Love this mod. Thank you for putiing the time, coffee and pulled out hair into it.

Thanks for the kind words and is that where all my hair went?.. Dang!

Anyway after reading the news on the Take2 acquisition of KSP.. Most likely the best time to hit the road.

Edited by malkuth

• 2 weeks later...

Well I thought I was done with this game.  But then started playing with some other mods.. Which made me look at some things I don't like about Mission Controller.. Like the ancient Settings Menu. :)  So I went and noticed that in 1.2 they added a new option for us modders and the settings menu... :)  So coming soon new settings menu integrated into the actual game settings menu.

qh0gHtb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Is the menu update you are working on changing anything except menus? I'm looking to start another career with MC so im wondering if upgrading mid career will be possible?

8 hours ago, Vrana said:

Is the menu update you are working on changing anything except menus? I'm looking to start another career with MC so im wondering if upgrading mid career will be possible?

Nope just menus.  Possibly adding more custom contracts that will not really cause any issues.

On 7/5/2017 at 7:33 PM, TranceaddicT said:

Has anyone run across surface attach problems with any of the cores, in particular, the research core?

StackWise or sideways.  Most cores are meant to stack.. And be the first thing on probe.  You could add a node to the top, but than the part would look strange.  I wish my modeling skills were a little better to make it inline.

On 7/8/2017 at 3:55 PM, malkuth said:

StackWise or sideways.  Most cores are meant to stack.. And be the first thing on probe.  You could add a node to the top, but than the part would look strange.  I wish my modeling skills were a little better to make it inline.

No, I was referencing attaching objects (antennae) to the surface of the research core.  

After reviewing the .cfg, I see that you have  'attachRules = 1,1,1,0,1'.

A simple MMconfig can make that change for me.

@PART[ResearchCore]:FOR[MissionController2]
{
%attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1
}

On 5/27/2017 at 8:52 PM, malkuth said:

hate to see this mod die because of my lack of interest in KSP right now.

I strongly agree.

Second, some missions are bad configured:

- like Tiros has required Communotron 88-88 that is not stock

- solar panel are not recognized.

4 hours ago, boborene said:

I strongly agree.

What!?

Communatron 88-88 is most definitely a stock part and i have never had any problems recognizing solar panels.

Are you using a mod which reworks stock parts? such as Vens stock part revamp?

On 7/10/2017 at 0:20 PM, boborene said:

I strongly agree.

Like above Communatron 88-88 is stock.

And the issue with the solar panels might be they are using something other than .. ModuleDeployableSolarPanel which is also stock Module for all solar panels. 

MCE only looks for the ModuleDeployableSolarPanels Module to tell if its a solar panel.. So as long as a mod doesn't replace it with some new name it should work.. If a mod did this it would be bad practice though and they should be using MM to make changes to ModuleDeployableSolarPanels instead of writing a new one which would be kinda odd too.. Unless  your mod is Kopernicus or something that adds multi sun support and is understandable for a mod of that nature.

Edited by malkuth

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.