(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Ah. Ok I fix that up then. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Been busy with some new parts. My first attempt at part making.. LOL. Anyway the plan is to have a part for every type of Satellite delivery contract (4 in all). These parts will have special functions for future versions of Mission Controller and its contracts.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

All 4 Parts are done. Now just need to start coding the new Satellite contracts. :)

The last one I did was the RCM-55 its now the first in the Imgur Album above. First more complicated animated part. The NAV-SAT-1 actually has a small animation too it also. But nothing major. Just the middle Antennae pops out a little more the packed position shown.

I have a question. How do you actually set a custom contract to appear in-game? I launched a new space station and now want to make a crew transfer contract. But in the settings menu there is no accept contract button or such. So, how do you activate a custom contract?

Hello,

I would like to report a bug (or maybe I do it wrong)...

In contract TIROS 7, I've equipped my rocket with "Universal Storage Thermometer" AND "2HOT Thermometer", but it don't validate these parts.

Thanks for this mod anyway ;)

I had a problem like this with TIROS 7 and with TIROS/NOAA. The ship here was built after taking the contract, and it was the only one built or flown after taking the contract, so there shouldn't be anything like "I switched ships and confused the contract", but it failed to validate the three science parts. As you can see in the contract, I completed all of the requirements (even if it didn't count) so I just F12-completed the contract. I've had to do that a couple of times now. Not sure what's up, if it is me or mods I use, or something buggy with the contract mod. Thanks!

dKzkBHd.png

The historical contracts have been lining up very well with my heavily modded, CTT career game. Very sweet. They fulfill a great purpose in generating a linear flow to otherwise jerky game progression (and have managed to keep my space program afloat when money making missions come up short).

I had a problem like this with TIROS 7 and with TIROS/NOAA. The ship here was built after taking the contract, and it was the only one built or flown after taking the contract, so there shouldn't be anything like "I switched ships and confused the contract", but it failed to validate the three science parts. As you can see in the contract, I completed all of the requirements (even if it didn't count) so I just F12-completed the contract. I've had to do that a couple of times now. Not sure what's up, if it is me or mods I use, or something buggy with the contract mod. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/dKzkBHd.png

The parts are only counted while on the ground in pre launch. If you take a contract after launch the parts won't be accepted. I have been looking into this.

Thank you for your mod! Having lots of fun with it. :)

One question though: I am about to get going with the Apollo-Duna project and the mission text mentions that I will have to keep two crews for one year each on the surface... now will those be Earth-years? or Kerbin-years?

Thank you for your mod! Having lots of fun with it. :)

One question though: I am about to get going with the Apollo-Duna project and the mission text mentions that I will have to keep two crews for one year each on the surface... now will those be Earth-years? or Kerbin-years?

Believe I have it set up for Kerbin years. Think everything in MC is kerbin years.

Warning this addon will break your Contract History in career mode if you were using a version of MCE below 1.2

1. Completely redid satellite contracts. Satellite contracts now require new parts! They are also very different and use Frequencies to communicate with ground stations to complete contracts. Most missions require KeoStation Orbit and to keep target ground stations in line of sight at all times.

2. Single delivery Contract Missions.

3. Network Contracts: Construct a 6 satellite network above kerbin. This is the big daddy contract of MCE. Pays well, but takes time and knowledge to complete.

4. Lots of code clean up no more Kerbal Insurance. (out of scope for this mod now)

5. Brand new Parts for satellite contracts. Communication Core, Navigation Core, Weather Core, and Research Core. Check the forum page for info on new contracts and how to complete them. In game explanation is also pretty thorough if you don't like to read. LOL.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Can this be used in career mode?

or is just another contract pack?

Yes it's career mode this is not a contract pack. Mission controller is its own mod and does not use contract configurator.

Hope that helps.

Does add contacts to your current career game yes. And parts.

what happened to the "true" custom missions ?

when cracking up on this mod i noteist it had the ability to make custom missions. like you do here https://youtu.be/i625yHeif-U and i loved that.

so i was able to make a mission that was something i want to do and not what some random generator wants me to do.

but now i can only have 3 custom contracts with "limited" options.

don't get me wrong your history/special missions are pity cool to but still in a open world game like KSP needs to have the game following the player. money is important to make the game fun for me but making money doing some thing boring is not fun and cheating for money is....... well its cheating

chears

Þór Jóhannesson

Please elaborate on "Warning this addon will break your Contract History in career mode if you were using a version of MCE below 1.2." Does this totally break your contract history in career mode or just the parts associated with MCE? I did my first MCE contract last night and I could easily go back to a save game prior to that. However, I've done quite a few other missions prior to that MCE one. (I have SETI installed so I get a completely different tech tree and contract progression and I'm just starting to do manned flights).

Please elaborate on "Warning this addon will break your Contract History in career mode if you were using a version of MCE below 1.2." Does this totally break your contract history in career mode or just the parts associated with MCE? I did my first MCE contract last night and I could easily go back to a save game prior to that. However, I've done quite a few other missions prior to that MCE one. (I have SETI installed so I get a completely different tech tree and contract progression and I'm just starting to do manned flights).

If you have used an older version of MCE in your current Career game installing this new version will erase all your Contract history in your completed contracts tab in Mission Control building.

You will also most likely have to reset your current contracts with ALT F12. Contracts, tools, clear contracts.

If you did not have a previous version should not be an issue. Won't break your save game or anything just your contract history. Not a big deal to me personally but some people like that stuff.. to see what they did in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks very interesting unfortunately I am in the middle of a career game so will have to wait for now. Does it play well with RT?

Should have no issues with remote tech. In fact should help you out.

- - - Updated - - -

what happened to the "true" custom missions ?

when cracking up on this mod i noteist it had the ability to make custom missions. like you do here https://youtu.be/i625yHeif-U and i loved that.

so i was able to make a mission that was something i want to do and not what some random generator wants me to do.

but now i can only have 3 custom contracts with "limited" options.

don't get me wrong your history/special missions are pity cool to but still in a open world game like KSP needs to have the game following the player. money is important to make the game fun for me but making money doing some thing boring is not fun and cheating for money is....... well its cheating

chears

Þór Jóhannesson

I plan on expanding the Custom missions eventually to be more open ended like the old Mission Controller. But for now this is what it is. :)

FYI to those folks (who like me) didn't already know this: if you reset your current contracts, that will also reset your active contracts, not just the contracts being offered to you.

Also, I might have a non-bug? report. I installed the new version of MCE and it seems to be working, but it did not affect my contract history at all. The new parts are in the tech tree, when I reset my current contracts, I got one of the new weather contracts, so that's working, and the MCE toolbar icon says MCE 1.2.0 when I click it. So, it seems to be working just fine. However, it did not mess with my contract history at all. Should I be concerned maybe something's not working or happy I'm so lucky?

FYI to those folks (who like me) didn't already know this: if you reset your current contracts, that will also reset your active contracts, not just the contracts being offered to you.

Also, I might have a non-bug? report. I installed the new version of MCE and it seems to be working, but it did not affect my contract history at all. The new parts are in the tech tree, when I reset my current contracts, I got one of the new weather contracts, so that's working, and the MCE toolbar icon says MCE 1.2.0 when I click it. So, it seems to be working just fine. However, it did not mess with my contract history at all. Should I be concerned maybe something's not working or happy I'm so lucky?

To eleberate more on this the warning is meant to be a worse case scenario. If you did not have any previous mce contracts done.(mostly old satellite contracts) then nothing will happen to your history. What happens is that even though your history is no longer being used it still reads the contracts and loads saved info for you can see what is what. Since the old contracts no longer exist ksp parses the whole whole history for you don't get any load errors.

I do have some code in place to stop this from happening but in my testing I had a few issues with this and decided to warn people just in case.

If it doesn't happen that's good.

Yes it's career mode this is not a contract pack. Mission controller is its own mod and does not use contract configurator.

Hope that helps.

Does add contacts to your current career game yes. And parts.

Awesome downloading now! :cool:

I seem to be getting multiple copies of the historic mission on my save. It did have the older version that I updated to with some still in history. No real issue other than clogging up mission control. Any ideas? I can provide logs and a save if necessary LMK. I understand if I caused it by not following update procedure just wanted to let you know and maybe find a solution. Thanks have always really enjoyed this mod!!!

I'm running into the same problem. Turning off Historical Missions in MCE's settings menu solves the problem (it isn't any other type of mission that's duplicating).

Running latest MCE with latest version of Contract Configurator with the following packs (all latest versions):

Advanced Progression, Anomaly Surveyor, Scansat, Field Research, Historic Missions, Kerbal Space Station, RemoteTech, Tourism

Edited by SRiley77

I'm running into the same problem. Turning off Historical Missions in MCE's settings menu solves the problem (it isn't any other type of mission that's duplicating).

Running latest MCE with latest version of Contract Configurator with the following packs (all latest versions):

Advanced Progression, Anomaly Surveyor, Scansat, Field Research, Historic Missions, Kerbal Space Station, RemoteTech, Tourism

Thanks guys I will check it out. One of the things I did in this version was allow multiple satellite and science contracts at once maybe this spilled over to the historical missions by accident.

Guess quick test would be to go into settings.cfg file and set them to only allow 1.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.