(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

[quote name='malkuth']Huh? Potatoe? Man something must of been really screwy in that last update.. I will check it out thanks.

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I promise that this was not an intentional thing.. Not even sure why or how at this point.

AS for the APA PEA problem remember default Error of margin for those are only 1000 meters. You can change it in the Config file if its to low. I will set it higher in next update since I keep forgetting to do this.

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][SIZE=5]Version 1.25[/SIZE][/B]

1. Fixed the Great potatoes Bug mystery. Satellite contracts had a strange requirement for a Potato? This was not an intentional feature. What happened was that I have always used a default mission objective from default KSP contracts. That is the satellite has Power and is new.. This was from the fineprint contracts that ship with the game now. When 1.05 for KSP came out the contract. Parameters for fine print were MOVED to a new location and some renamed. I found what I though was the new name for Satellite has power and is new.. But I guess it is not the case. Sorry for lack of checking on that one, that part is my fault.

2. I raised the default error of margin for APA and PEA from 1000 to 5000.

3. Shipped the up-to-date config file with new version. The older version had an older config file.. Was not a big deal the config file rewrites itself if its not correct, but still rather have the right one for you can edit the config file before starting for the first time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update, malkuth.

Also, I do agree with Apollo13 that the wording of the ApA/PeA criteria does seem to imply that anything about the altitude will work.

• 3 weeks later...

BUG REPORT:

Contract requires PeA and ApA of 2,868,000.  As you can see from the KDATA window: ApA= 2,868,836, PeA=2,868,545.  Therefore, both are within the 1000 meter error of margin.  Yet,the PeA does not indicate that I have achieved the correct PeA altitude.  Note also, that I am within sight of the East Shore Station (red radar), but that is not indicated either.  Yes, the type and frequency are correctly set.

BTW: on this same vessel, there's a Navigation Satellite with the same parameters.  It, too, does not show that I achieved the correct PeA.

8Yl1gT5.jpg

ALT-F12 to the rescue again.

Edited by Apollo13

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2015 at 11:37 AM, gamerscircle said:

Are there any kind of reputation / time triggers?  I ask, as I still haven't been able to figure out why I went from Apollo 1, to 7 and then 9.

I have checked the all three tabs [available, active & archive] and there is no sign of Apollo 8

Thanks again.

Sorry took so long to answer this the Apollo missions only cover the ones listed I skipped the ones that basically did the same thing or were very similar.  The missions represented were basically the Milestone missions in the Apollo Program.

Hey!

I want to thank you for your mod. Launching satellites, doing different and historical missions its something that really improves the gameplay. Thank you so much for doing this to the community! I really appreciate your effort! 

But, as you should imagine, I'm here to report a bug. I don't have a log about it - because the game didn't crash - but the problem is that I can't finish the contracts, even though I have done everything right! Ionization Scan, for example, I've done them a couple of times, exactly the way it must be, but it never finishes. It says that I must have the ionization scan on my craft. Another one, I did a weather satellite mission and the problem with this one was recognizing my periapsis and apoapsis. I had everything ok but I couldn't have my check mark.

KSP Version: 1.0.5

MC2 Version: 1.25 (Installed with CKAN - I really hope CKAN is not the problem)

EDIT: I saw the ApA and PeA margins of error. I didn't know that, so I'll let a suggestion of writing the margin of error! hahaha Soon I'll launch another craft to see if it will be problem solved. But the ionization scan bug are still there.

Edited by Mateus Kerchiado

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:19 PM, Mateus Kerchiado said:

Hey!

I want to thank you for your mod. Launching satellites, doing different and historical missions its something that really improves the gameplay. Thank you so much for doing this to the community! I really appreciate your effort! 

But, as you should imagine, I'm here to report a bug. I don't have a log about it - because the game didn't crash - but the problem is that I can't finish the contracts, even though I have done everything right! Ionization Scan, for example, I've done them a couple of times, exactly the way it must be, but it never finishes. It says that I must have the ionization scan on my craft. Another one, I did a weather satellite mission and the problem with this one was recognizing my periapsis and apoapsis. I had everything ok but I couldn't have my check mark.

KSP Version: 1.0.5

MC2 Version: 1.25 (Installed with CKAN - I really hope CKAN is not the problem)

EDIT: I saw the ApA and PeA margins of error. I didn't know that, so I'll let a suggestion of writing the margin of error! hahaha Soon I'll launch another craft to see if it will be problem solved. But the ionization scan bug are still there.

I will have to check it out when I get a chance.  In the meantime if your having issues getting the Margin of error correct because its pretty small you can increase it in the Config file to whatever number you think is fair.. I believe I upped it to 5000 Meters last patch.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:24 PM, Catfather12 said:

I am unable to set a weather module to frequency 3.5. It jumps from 3 to 5, then starts to increment by 0.5s. I have TweakScale installed (along with many other mods). Am I doing something wrong?

Hmmm I thought I squashed this bug, this is a bug in the code for KSP it seems.  Doesn't like certain spots on the slider, since I'm actually only using the Tweak Slider supplied by KSP.  I will try to mess around with it again and see what I can come up with.  I might add a secondary selection that you can manually put the number in.

Edited by malkuth

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I'm also having the same issues with Apollo13 guy. For example, when i change ApA to the required altitude, the contract indicator shows that i have reached the required altitude. But when i used time warp to move to ApA to change my PeA, the contract indicator suddenly changed to indicate that i haven't reached the altitude. The point is, everytime i used time warp, the contract indicator shows that i haven't reached the required altitude, even though i have reached it. Please fix this. Thank You

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:41 AM, verolutfi said:

Hello. I'm also having the same issues with Apollo13 guy. For example, when i change ApA to the required altitude, the contract indicator shows that i have reached the required altitude. But when i used time warp to move to ApA to change my PeA, the contract indicator suddenly changed to indicate that i haven't reached the altitude. The point is, everytime i used time warp, the contract indicator shows that i haven't reached the required altitude, even though i have reached it. Please fix this. Thank You

Ok so that explains the problem.  When you go into time warp what Mission Controller does is check to make sure your still in the correct ApA or PeA if you are not it will uncheck the mission objective until you are back into the correct orbit.  What happens a lot of the time is that you get the ApA right, then you try for the PeA and you ApA drifts out of alignment.. And once you go into Time Warp MC resets it again.  You have to make sure all ApA and PeA are always in the right place. 

On 7/12/2015 at 5:32 PM, Apollo13 said:

BUG REPORT:

Contract requires PeA and ApA of 2,868,000.  As you can see from the KDATA window: ApA= 2,868,836, PeA=2,868,545.  Therefore, both are within the 1000 meter error of margin.  Yet,the PeA does not indicate that I have achieved the correct PeA altitude.  Note also, that I am within sight of the East Shore Station (red radar), but that is not indicated either.  Yes, the type and frequency are correctly set.

BTW: on this same vessel, there's a Navigation Satellite with the same parameters.  It, too, does not show that I achieved the correct PeA.

8Yl1gT5.jpg

same problem i been at least 2868000 but it never get good u_u

and also, does the mod remove the vanilla contract ? i dont have them anymore, about test some engine ^^

Edited by nandhii

I've been having similar problems as to Mateus Kerchiado. Early on in the game I get three contracts to conduct an Ionization Scan. The four minute one appeared first; then two 25 some odd minutes ones. I complete the missions successfully, however, the contracts show up again the next time I check. Also, with the mod installed, I only see five contracts, and very few from the original game.

KSP 1.0.5
Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2
Chatterer_v0.9.7
ContractConfigurator_1.9.5
CrowdSourcedScience
DeadlyReentry_v7.3.1
ForScienceContinued
KerbalAlarmClock_3.5.0.0
KerbalEngineer-1.0.19.3
KIS_v1.2.3
kOS-v0.18.2
ksp-linux-1-0-5
MechJeb2-2.5.5.0
MissionController2Version1.25
ModularRocketSystem-1.11.1
ModuleManager-2.6.18
Outer_Planets_Mod-1.9.2
RealChute_Parachute_Systems-1.3.2.7
RemoteTech-1.6.9
SafeChute-v1.8.0
SCANsat-v14.7
SmartParts-1.6.6
StageRecovery_1.6.2
Surface_Mounted_Lights-1.2.2
TacLifeSupport_0.11.2.1
TextureReplacer-2.4.11
x86-Configs-Release
x86-EVE-Release
x-science-v4.14

When Mission Controller 2 1.25 is removed, the contracts begin to display normally, including those added in by other mods.

On November 2, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Svm420 said:

I think this error I am getting may be related?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairGoal.findVeselWithRepairPart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairGoal.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem+
.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This one I think is the same but for stations.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairStation.findVeselWithRepairPartAndStation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairStation.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem+
.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I have the log set aside if you need the whole thing.

@malkuth Did you ever investigate this? This is still preventing me from getting any repair contracts. Is the list of vessels with repair panels supposed to be saved to the Config.cfg from this mod? Just trying to figure out why this is not working. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Svm420 said:

@malkuth Did you ever investigate this? This is still preventing me from getting any repair contracts. Is the list of vessels with repair panels supposed to be saved to the Config.cfg from this mod? Just trying to figure out why this is not working. Thanks!

No have not had much time for Mission Controller.  But to answer your question no, the list of vessels is stored in a temporary Dictionary file that resets everytime you start the game or leave.  I will try to take a quick look and see what the issue is then.

@malkuth Unfortunately I am still getting the same NRE as before. I even went into the mission controller debug window clicked enable all repair contracts then went to the alt F12 menu and added a repair contract each time I press the button to add the contract I get the above NRE. Let me know if you need more info, testing, or debugging. Thanks for the time and your help. Really excited to see the repair contacts work they look to be a nice way to extended the purpose of satellites and a fun missions to boot.

32 minutes ago, Svm420 said:

@malkuth Unfortunately I am still getting the same NRE as before. I even went into the mission controller debug window clicked enable all repair contracts then went to the alt F12 menu and added a repair contract each time I press the button to add the contract I get the above NRE. Let me know if you need more info, testing, or debugging. Thanks for the time and your help. Really excited to see the repair contacts work they look to be a nice way to extended the purpose of satellites and a fun missions to boot.

You might have to clean out your current Contracts for them to reset correctly.  Could be trying to find old data that does not exist anymore.  ALT F12, Contracts, Contract Tools, clear contracts. Don't clean out the history though just the current contracts.

Edited by malkuth

I think, I've found a bug:

I'm trying to complete a weather contarct, but it won't complete. Why? Cause if I reach the needed apoapsis the contract reconizes this part as comleted. If I then timewarp to the apoapsis to rise the periapsis "Enter an Polar Orbit around: Kerbin with ApA of At Least: 850000" gets uncompleted even though the apopasis altitude is around 851000. 

Help?

On 2015. 12. 7. at 1:32 AM, Apollo13 said:

BUG REPORT:

8Yl1gT5.jpg

On 2016. 2. 21. at 7:27 PM, Sagitarius said:

I think, I've found a bug:

I'm trying to complete a weather contarct, but it won't complete. Why? Cause if I reach the needed apoapsis the contract reconizes this part as comleted. If I then timewarp to the apoapsis to rise the periapsis "Enter an Polar Orbit around: Kerbin with ApA of At Least: 850000" gets uncompleted even though the apopasis altitude is around 851000. 

Help?

Similar bug here too, with ApA and research, and version 1.26.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.