(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Not sure if I ever made one, is there an issue?

No there's no issue it would just be cool to see what other people do.

Although I do want to know if there could be a way to alter the resources available for transfer to stations. I was hoping to make it possible for me to send up basic machinery from MKS.

I think there should also be a creatable contract to bring kerbals to a vessel.

No there's no issue it would just be cool to see what other people do.

Although I do want to know if there could be a way to alter the resources available for transfer to stations. I was hoping to make it possible for me to send up basic machinery from MKS.

I think there should also be a creatable contract to bring kerbals to a vessel.

I will either make MKE resources available next release or open the list up in a config file. Matters if I have any time or not.

Edited by malkuth

Just started playing with this mod and I'm really liking the diversification of contracts but I've run into a bit of a problem. I like to run Kerbal Construction Time and this mod does not play well with it in that the contracts have deadlines only a few days away, which absolutely makes sense without KCT but does not give enough time to build the rockets with it. I was wondering if there is a possibility of changing the contract lengths in configs or something.

Apologies if this has already been covered earlier in this thread but I couldn't seem to find anything with the search function.

Someone mentioned this before and had issues with the Agena Contract. Pretty sure thats the only one that has such a short time, all the others should be plenty of time for KCT. I incresed the time I believe in last update for agena to 1 week.

In the ComSat contracts, is it possible to change the requirement for the batteries? It always seems too small for how much weight is requested. (I figure higher weight means more communication equipment like com dishes and what not - More Com dishes require more power).

In the ComSat contracts, is it possible to change the requirement for the batteries? It always seems too small for how much weight is requested. (I figure higher weight means more communication equipment like com dishes and what not - More Com dishes require more power).

I'd like a config option for this as well. I'm currently using Realism Overhaul and even the stayputnik probe core has 2851 EC. Right now I can get around this issue by completing contracts with the debug menu.

Hello, I have never encountered a repair mission so far and I have done dozens of missions and rejected/ignored hundreds. I have some satellites within Kerbin SOI with the repair pannel and a docking port, so I think the basic req. should be met. Do I miss something here?

Maybe the fact that I play the 64bit Linux version on Debian on a german localized system has some influence, but so far I don't have encountered other issues apart from that the game does not work at all and kills it's config files when launched without the environment variable LC_ALL=C to change the console language to english. Are there any debug outputs that could be of help?

I'd like a config option for this as well. I'm currently using Realism Overhaul and even the stayputnik probe core has 2851 EC. Right now I can get around this issue by completing contracts with the debug menu.

Ill put it on the list of things to do.

Hello, I have never encountered a repair mission so far and I have done dozens of missions and rejected/ignored hundreds. I have some satellites within Kerbin SOI with the repair pannel and a docking port, so I think the basic req. should be met. Do I miss something here?

Maybe the fact that I play the 64bit Linux version on Debian on a german localized system has some influence, but so far I don't have encountered other issues apart from that the game does not work at all and kills it's config files when launched without the environment variable LC_ALL=C to change the console language to english. Are there any debug outputs that could be of help?

Not sure that would do anything.

I have no debug options for the repair mission. But, I can give you a hint, the randomness of the repair mission is based on scenechanges. And another random check will not happen until you do another scenechange.

So don't sit in the Mission Control building cycling through contracts expecting repair missions to show up. Because they won't.

Instead you can jump to VAB, then back out, and if a repair mission is available it should show up within a few cycles if not. Then rinse and repeat.

I run KSP + MCE2 and around 70 other mods besides near perfectly on 64bit Linux Kubuntu (yes, in English) and I have not had any trouble getting repair contracts so it probably has nothing to do with your excellent super-stable 64bit operating system.

After a "broken sandbox save" getting "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at MissionControllerEC.MissionControllerEC.hireKerbals" i digged a little...

Situation:

- Have a price for new Kerbals set to a positive number (4000?) & be in sandbox

-> Hire a new Kerbal -NullReferenceException> shows as OK, but wont save the new crew member, still i get the "new Kerbal hired, charged 4000" message back on spaceCenter

-> change Kerbal price to 0

-> hire a new Kerbal

= No exception, crew saves correctly.

I guess that could kinda be the intended behavior (Funding.Instance.Funds -= settings.HireCost; fails to disallow hire as i dont have the funds todo so (sandbox=0?))

Still should not nullref and "gameover" in sandbox :D

Whats seems strange (and denies the upper) is that once I hired the first Kerbal for "0" I can go back to the spaceCenter, increase the price, and hire another Kerbal just fine for 4000 (still in sandbox)

I guess Funding.Instance.Funds "first charge for 4000" NullRefs, but Funds -= 0; then actually works, and i can hire another one just fine for Funding.Instance.Funds(0) -= 4000

//.24.2 64Bit with gazillions of mods

chlue,. check out the Linux Compatibility Thread; post #4 specifically addresses LC_ALL.

I've encountered a bug with the difficulty selector:

It doesn't seem to take resource cost into account properly. I've noticed that with the MKS Colony Mod, a lot of the storage tanks have a huge cost in the cfg file (because the resources they can be filled with are expensive). By default they come empty, and cost only a few k. However, if you increase the difficulty, the empty tanks cost an exorbitant amount.

It doesn't seem to take resource cost into account properly. I've noticed that with the MKS Colony Mod, a lot of the storage tanks have a huge cost in the cfg file (because the resources they can be filled with are expensive). By default they come empty, and cost only a few k. However, if you increase the difficulty, the empty tanks cost an exorbitant amount.

This is a known limitation of the current game behavior. There are some posts from malkuth regarding this topic some pages back. Luckily in the weekly notes from last week squad announced implementing 'tweaking reward and penalty multipliers' so this is hopefully a thing of the past with 0.25.

Regarding my problem with the non appearing repair contracts:

I believe now this is caused by the fact that I have two other mods installed that add contracts (station science and fineprint) and as such my mission list is always to full to trigger the special generator for the repair mission contracts.

This is a known limitation of the current game behavior. There are some posts from malkuth regarding this topic some pages back. Luckily in the weekly notes from last week squad announced implementing 'tweaking reward and penalty multipliers' so this is hopefully a thing of the past with 0.25.

Regarding my problem with the non appearing repair contracts:

I believe now this is caused by the fact that I have two other mods installed that add contracts (station science and fineprint) and as such my mission list is always to full to trigger the special generator for the repair mission contracts.

Ah I see thanks for the pointer. It looks like it's a problem with not being able to tweak the resource costs in the game. I'm going to try to play around with a module manager config and see if I can't get the costs to line up right by tweaking the resource costs.

Empiro: Already did that for you: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/87587-Higher-Part-Cost

Still, tweaking payouts would be far better.

I agree and hopefully I can get rid of the current system after .25 comes out.

Once .25 does hit our games I will resume development of mce again. Right now I'm on hold to see what changes to the contract system is going to break. :)

+ I've been enjoying some crash landing in ftb minecraft. :)

Issue report: Kerbal death is bugged in Sandbox mode. I crashed a vessel into the mun at 800m/s. It got destroyed, but Jeb lived on in the bottom right. Once I clicked 'EVA', he exploded and died.

The log says:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MissionControllerEC.MissionControllerEC.chargeKerbalDeath (.EventReport value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[EventReport].Fire (.EventReport data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoCrewMember.Die () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.Die () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.explode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Which should be pretty obvious, I think.

I may be pointing a finger in the wrong direction, but I'm pretty sure that this is a MCE 2 mission (I installed FinePrint at the same time), and I'd like to suggest one change to it.

Just as I was getting ready to set up my first communication constellation, I got a contract to put a satellite in a six hour orbit. Great, I thought. I read down the list of requirements to fulfill the contract to see if I could use that as part of my constellation. The orbital parameters consisted only of a period, which was fine, a mass which was a bit heavy, but nothing I couldn't deal with. Then I hit the deal breaker, required electric charge of 750-850. If you're playing with RT2, you can't make a kerbin-synchronous satellite with even a single dish antenna that can survive passing through kerbin's shadow on only 850 power, and the communotron-16, the longest range omni I have access to, can't reach Kerbin from that altitude.

Can I ask why there's an upper limit on electric charge for this kind of contract? I think simply removing the upper charge makes this contract something I can do in my normal process of things rather than having to be a special satellite that I launch just for the one contract because I won't trust it for anything mission critical.

First off, love the direction of this mod; price balancing and meaningful costs for kerbals are exactly what I've been wanting! I also dig the option to cancel all the goofy part test missions, they were always either overpowered or underpowered and I haven't missed them at all. Started a whole new career and it's been great.

I did however notice a pretty big exploit (maybe already reported) that should be addressed. For the orbital scanning missions I'm assuming that the intent was to require a new satellite to be launched from the ground for each mission (since the first item on the checklist is to have a vessel on the launch pad). I completed the mission once in Munar orbit. However, I discovered that once I had a satellite with a scanner in Munar orbit, when a new version of the contract would pop up, all I had to do is select the sat in tracking station, warp through the required time, and then go to launchpad and put any random thing there and the contract was complete at no cost. Pretty big loophole, especially considering its worth like 110K and a ridiculous 75 science! Ended up doing it three times and then feeling like i was just cheating.

I like that this mod is going for difficulty and meaningful decisions, and I hope you can come up with a good fix for this exploit. I'm assuming it works for any scan mission as well.

Issue report: Kerbal death is bugged in Sandbox mode. I crashed a vessel into the mun at 800m/s. It got destroyed, but Jeb lived on in the bottom right. Once I clicked 'EVA', he exploded and died.

The log says:

Which should be pretty obvious, I think.

Not sure why you would be using Mission Controller in Sandbox mode? Unless you are trying to play sandbox and not wanting anything from MC but keep it installed?

If that is the case then I will make sure that MC doesn't do anything in sandbox mode for the next version when released.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding repair contracts, maybe having a docking port should be a requirement for the missions (comsat/repair) for both parts of the contract as it is totally possible to do all the right things and get a craft rendezvoused with the satellite but be unable to complete the mission (as I have just done)

Now (after reading the OP) I know the transfer has to be done within a single craft and not on EVA (which was my previous misunderstanding)

Time to launch the `claw repair craft` which sounds fairly kerbal TBH...

First off, love the direction of this mod; price balancing and meaningful costs for kerbals are exactly what I've been wanting! I also dig the option to cancel all the goofy part test missions, they were always either overpowered or underpowered and I haven't missed them at all. Started a whole new career and it's been great.

I did however notice a pretty big exploit (maybe already reported) that should be addressed. For the orbital scanning missions I'm assuming that the intent was to require a new satellite to be launched from the ground for each mission (since the first item on the checklist is to have a vessel on the launch pad). I completed the mission once in Munar orbit. However, I discovered that once I had a satellite with a scanner in Munar orbit, when a new version of the contract would pop up, all I had to do is select the sat in tracking station, warp through the required time, and then go to launchpad and put any random thing there and the contract was complete at no cost. Pretty big loophole, especially considering its worth like 110K and a ridiculous 75 science! Ended up doing it three times and then feeling like i was just cheating.

I like that this mod is going for difficulty and meaningful decisions, and I hope you can come up with a good fix for this exploit. I'm assuming it works for any scan mission as well.

Thinking of a way to do this without using Vessel ID and using up to much system resources to check everyvessel. I have come to the conclusion that I will make the Scan Parts one shot uses. meaning once you complete a contract with a scanner it basically can't be used again.

I may be pointing a finger in the wrong direction, but I'm pretty sure that this is a MCE 2 mission (I installed FinePrint at the same time), and I'd like to suggest one change to it.

Just as I was getting ready to set up my first communication constellation, I got a contract to put a satellite in a six hour orbit. Great, I thought. I read down the list of requirements to fulfill the contract to see if I could use that as part of my constellation. The orbital parameters consisted only of a period, which was fine, a mass which was a bit heavy, but nothing I couldn't deal with. Then I hit the deal breaker, required electric charge of 750-850. If you're playing with RT2, you can't make a kerbin-synchronous satellite with even a single dish antenna that can survive passing through kerbin's shadow on only 850 power, and the communotron-16, the longest range omni I have access to, can't reach Kerbin from that altitude.

Can I ask why there's an upper limit on electric charge for this kind of contract? I think simply removing the upper charge makes this contract something I can do in my normal process of things rather than having to be a special satellite that I launch just for the one contract because I won't trust it for anything mission critical.

I have fixed this in next version when KSP .25 comes out. The battery requirement will only be Minimal Requirement and not the MAX.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.