(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

On 1/26/2018 at 4:49 AM, Berkys32 said:

I have troubles finish TIROS 1 contract. I have vessel with Commutron 16 antenna, but it keeps telling me I dont have "Must have  Antenna Device On your vessel" . Im using 1.5.1 version of MCE...

I'll take a look tonight in more testing. It if you have a mod that changes antanae it might be replacing the files that MCE is looking for.

On 3/5/2018 at 2:32 PM, malkuth said:

Sorry took me so long to start working on this again.  But today I did manage to fix the Landing/Orbit window not working.  I will have to sift through this thread to see the other issues that have been going on. Anyway a Pre-Release is available on my Github.

Version 1.5.2

Thanks @malkuth !!  the window stays put now.  do you know if I have to have the MCE cores researched before I can unlock the custom contracts?

1 hour ago, bojangles9999 said:

Thanks @malkuth !!  the window stays put now.  do you know if I have to have the MCE cores researched before I can unlock the custom contracts?

No You only need cores for the satellite contracts.  Just a note if your having problems seeing them in your Contracts, you might have to actually reject a few contracts before they show up.  Took me a little bit in testing to get some to show up.  The reason being if you have a lot of Contracts or addon contracts only so many contracts that show up at a time.  And with the weight system of when and how contracts show up it might be a bit before one shows unless you get rid of ones you don't want to do.

But now I have to look up the mess 1.4 just made of my game.  Never seen an addon do this much.  New unity I guess is going to cause issues for us Modders.

Edited by malkuth

Oh never mind, Compiled for 1.4.0 Already.  This is a pre-Release since Been told that 1.4.1 will break things again.

Version 1.6.0 Mission Controller For KSP 1.4

Oh PS I also removed MINI AVC for this version.  Lesson the hassel of Updating multiple Things each release.  So ya This is only FOR KSP 1.4!!! Use MCE 1.5 for KSP 1.3.1 please.  And thanks.

On 6. 3. 2018 at 12:22 AM, malkuth said:

I'll take a look tonight in more testing. It if you have a mod that changes antanae it might be replacing the files that MCE is looking for.

I think only mod that could do that and I use it is Remote Tech (v. 1.8.9.)

14 hours ago, Berkys32 said:

I think only mod that could do that and I use it is Remote Tech (v. 1.8.9.)

if thats the case i will have to add support for it.  Or just take out the requirement.  All right the next version will have the fix for this I have added support for the Remote Tech Module.  And yes it does change the default games modules.  This will be for 1.4 since I have moved support to that version though.  You can download a Pre-Release of it here For KSP 1.4 ONLY!!!.

Edited by malkuth
Updated Link

Mission Controller Release version for KSP 1.4.1 and the Making History Expansion Pack Is ready for download on the front page of this forum post.  Thanks all for help with finding some bugs.  :)

Hello. I am sorry for mi english. ¿I do can use your mod with Umbral Space Industries? (USI Life Support, USI Kolonization Systems, Konstruction!. Complet list: https://umbraspaceindustries.github.io/UmbraSpaceIndustries/) Maybe, if i am using Mision Controller the prices will be broken. The Warp Drive for example (25.000.000:funds:only with USI

¿I do can change the difficult?

Edited by OwariTY

8 hours ago, Owari said:

Hello. I am sorry for mi english. ¿I do can use your mod with Umbral Space Industries? (USI Life Support, USI Kolonization Systems, Konstruction!. Complet list: https://umbraspaceindustries.github.io/UmbraSpaceIndustries/) Maybe, if i am using Mision Controller the prices will be broken. The Warp Drive for example (25.000.000:funds:only with USI

¿I do can change the difficult?

Yes it supports that.  Mission controller does not control prices anymore.  KSP handled its own funds.

w7KyFLH.png

Released Version you can download from the front page.  Any problems please report them to this thread.

Mission Controller 2.0 In-Game Contract Builder Edition is ready!!
1. Redid the Windows and options for Older custom contracts. Enjoy the new better to see UI.
2. Added Civilians to some of the Custom Contracts.  Now bring civilians with you.  And yes they show up just like the stock game contracts.
3. Rebalanced the mission payouts.  They now pay a little less.  But don't worry they still pretty good.  And to help the payouts the better your reputation the more you will get payed.
4. Othter small bug fixes.
5. Add back in AVC Version Checker for Version 2.0.

6. Finished most Localization of the whole mod. Still only english right now.

Edited by malkuth

How do I get rid of this unwanted, extraneous information?  I don't see an in-game setting.  Is there one in persistent.sfs?  If there isn't method, please add a button or a persistent.sfs setting to do so.  MechJeb provides this info to me.  Don't need this cluttering my screen.

I think there may be another more severe problem as well.  I'm continuing to research that one.

6EiDmvR.jpg

SIDEBAR:  the KSP-AVC link you have in the OP is dead. (the one that reads "please download the Plugin.")

Edited by Apollo13

There is another more serious problem as well.  MC2 causes my game to pause every 2-3 seconds for about 1 half second.  Especially noticeable in flight.  When I removed MC2, the problem went away.  Perhaps I have a mod conflict; I have no other contract mods.

1 hour ago, Apollo13 said:

There is another more serious problem as well.  MC2 causes my game to pause every 2-3 seconds for about 1 half second.  Especially noticeable in flight.  When I removed MC2, the problem went away.  Perhaps I have a mod conflict; I have no other contract mods.

Hmm I'll have check that out but need output files see the information.  But anyway the information you can shut off in the options screen it's part of ingame options.  Escape -options- advanced - missioncontroller.  Should be option for orbital help you can deselect.

AVC us currently going through upgrade from another modder.  Should be updated by next release I hope

edit update the options is called in flight help shut that off.  I have a feeling it will help your slow down also since via reading you pic the biome info is bugged on mce end.

Edited by malkuth

Thanks for the reply. Which output files do you need?  I'm happy to help.  I'll resinstall MC2 and turn-off the info display. 

I'm using the KSP-AVC-1.1.6.2 in 1.4.1.  It works well.

EDIT  I did not see "advanced-missioncontroller" in the settings menu.  I did see "advanced flight information" or something similar.  I disabled it, and the info is gone.

Not gone, however, was the the pause I discussed.

Edited by Apollo13

Thanks for the reply. Which output files do you need?  I'm happy to help.  I'll resinstall MC2 and turn-off the info display. 

That version of KSP-AVC has been causing crashes in 1.4.1.

I am in the middle of beta testing a new version here:

7 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

EDIT  I did not see "advanced-missioncontroller" in the settings menu.  I did see "advanced flight information" or something similar.  I disabled it, and the info is gone.

Not gone, however, was the the pause I discussed.

They moved the Output_Log.txt file to a new location in 1.4.  Its now located in. C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program.

I need this file to check what is causing issues.  Please upload but don't paste contents into the forum is much to large of a file.  

Edited by malkuth

Here's a link to the output.log dropbox file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ajutw7qy2xcmby/output_log.zip?dl=0

It appears to pause about every 9-10 seconds now.  So, that may no longer be related to MC2.  Since ridding myself of the extraneous display, performance has improved all round.

I'll start using MC2 again to see if I encounter errors. 

Thanks for your work on this mod.  One of my favorites.  Been using it ever since you first created the first MC.

Edited by Apollo13

Here's a link to the output.log dropbox file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ajutw7qy2xcmby/output_log.zip?dl=0

It appears to pause about every 9-10 seconds now.  So, that may no longer be related to MC2.  Since ridding myself of the extraneous display, performance has improved all round.

I'll start using MC2 again to see if I encounter errors. 

Thanks for your work on this mod.  One of my favorites.  Been using it ever since you first created the first MC.

So far I found a few references from MCE in your file which is normal  mostly to do with old code that is no longer used that I have forgotten to dump.. Nothing that should cause issues though.  You are getting a lot of spam though during flight and I can't really tell what mod is doing it.  I will have to do some more testing on my end to make sure its not MCE though.  Any particular thing your doing that is MCE related while this is going on?

Also, this is back again, causing the game to pause every two seconds:

6EiDmvR.jpg

The only setting I see in Settings (General) is "Advanced Message Application" and it is disabled.  I don't see "In Flight Help"; is that in MCE somewhere?

I renamed MissionControllerEC.dll to MissionControllerEC.XXX, and it disappeared when I restarted the game.  I closed the game, renamed MissionControllerEC.XXX to MissionControllerEC.dll, and it is gone.

Edited by Apollo13

MCE is spamming Contracts/Events Completed icon.  I have two MCE contracts:  orbit keostationary satellite and land conduct land mass spectrometry.  I just deleted over 170 spam notifications for both contracts.  This is new for KSP 1.4.2

What do you need from me to help you fix this?

Edited by Apollo13

2 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

MCE is spamming Contracts/Events Completed icon.  I have two MCE contracts:  orbit keostationary satellite and land conduct land mass spectrometry.  I just deleted over 170 spam notifications for both contracts.  This is new for KSP 1.4.2

What do you need from me to help you fix this?

Same is happening to me, but I can't for sure blame it on MCE. Looking at the log when it "completes" the contract parameter I don't see any reference to MCE, just [ContractParameter]:

Spoiler

[LOG 20:32:13.989] [DockRotate]: CapsuleDockingPort1_3831245970_Active: on dockingPort2_2190531250_Proxy
[LOG 20:32:13.990] [DockRotate]: dockingPort2_1364964631_Active: on dockingPort2_1661971243_Proxy
[LOG 20:32:13.991] [DockRotate]: dockingPort2_2320510220_Active: on dockingPort2_2674590767_Proxy
[LOG 20:32:13.991] [DockRotate]: dockingPort2_3407441637_Active: on dockingPort2_2346565620_Proxy
[LOG 20:32:13.991] [DockRotate]: dockingPort2_1264299813_Active: on dockingPort2_2953406224_Proxy
[LOG 20:32:13.992] [DockRotate]: dockingPort2_3783793898_Active: on dockingPort2_3066610681_Proxy
[LOG 20:32:33.360] Camera Mode: FREE
[LOG 20:32:39.520] Part Name: Mk1-3 Command Pod
[LOG 20:32:46.814] Part Name: Mk1-3 Command Pod
[LOG 20:33:03.259] [ContractParameter]:  on Contract Position satellite in synchronous orbit of Minmus. set to Incomplete.
[LOG 20:33:03.267] [BetterBurnTime] Vessel changed to Kerbin Fuel Station
[LOG 20:33:03.286] [CurrencyConverter for Outsourced R&D]: 0 Funds taken, yields 0 Science
[LOG 20:33:03.287] Contract (Position satellite in synchronous orbit of Minmus.): 'Maintain stability for ten seconds' complete!
[LOG 20:33:03.288] [ContractParameter]:  on Contract Position satellite in synchronous orbit of Minmus. set to Complete.
[LOG 20:33:43.156] -INFO- Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFE99640][2072.72]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 20:34:06.384] [CHATR] Capcom starts the exchange...
[LOG 20:36:41.735] Reference Frame: Rotating
[LOG 20:36:51.097] Flight State Captured
[LOG 20:36:51.101] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:36:51.102] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:36:51.102] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:36:51.103] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:36:51.104] Saving Achievements Tree...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.