(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

I am looking forward to MCE vers. 2.0.

However, the above quote concerns me. As I mentioned above, KSP 0.24 also includes recovery/recycling of parts that you land with (not parachuted debris). MCE must account for this core feature , unless MCE can modify it directly as well.

No worries.

Good to hear the preview notes. I want to say my appreciation for the work you have done and that take the time you need. I know a lot of modders feel pressured by users to get things done right away while not understanding that these are real people with lives outside of the mod and they are doing this in their free time for no money.

So again thank you for all your hard work. :cool:

Good to hear the preview notes. I want to say my appreciation for the work you have done and that take the time you need. I know a lot of modders feel pressured by users to get things done right away while not understanding that these are real people with lives outside of the mod and they are doing this in their free time for no money.

So again thank you for all your hard work. :cool:

Thanks for that. :)

I can't play .24 in its current state need cost to be higher, and other things.

Looking at the code though the devs added. They are going to expand contracts a lot. They rewrote kerbal rosters and added a few new types of kerbals. So they do plan on expanding.

UAL need a new icon for mce using new ksp toolbar introduced in .24 believe specs are 38 x38 pixels.

And of course Malkuth Industries for parts and corporate stuff.

:)

Booting over to my Photoshop partition now. I'll just make a stock-alike MCE button. You got any preference on design for the corporate logo? Fancy any particular iconography?

Out of sheer curiousity malkulth, what do you think will be the most technically challenging part of MCE 2: MC Harder?

Converting missions to ksp contracts. Making the difficulty levels should be pretty straight forward the old mce already edited part prices, should be simple to convert that to a basic modifier. Seen reports that some mods are having issues with the funds. Pretty sure I can avoid that issue by just changing all prices like before at startup. And only needs be done once.

Development update:

Difficulty levels I will use my experience with editing part prices and add a multiplier to all parts. For instance.

Easy mode: default ksp prices.

Moderate mode: all part prices modifier of 1.5x or higher (take some testing)

Hardcore mode: all part prices modifier of 2x or higher. Higher kerbal hire cost, maintenance and support.

Would it be possible to allow users to edit these modifiers via a config file or ingame system? I used MCE with RSS in 23.5 and the game is extremely unforgiving if you use the standard values. The massive rockets and vast amounts of fuel needed to put stuff into orbit make it near impossible to turn a profit. In the old MCE it is possible to apply a modifier to all part and/or fuel costs via a config, so I'd love it if that is still an option after the rewrite.

Would it be possible to allow users to edit these modifiers via a config file or ingame system? I used MCE with RSS in 23.5 and the game is extremely unforgiving if you use the standard values. The massive rockets and vast amounts of fuel needed to put stuff into orbit make it near impossible to turn a profit. In the old MCE it is possible to apply a modifier to all part and/or fuel costs via a config, so I'd love it if that is still an option after the rewrite.

I believe it will be possible as in the latest iteration of mission controller pretty much every config was easily accessible exept MCE-specific research pricing. And now that i said that i wouldnt be suprised to see that in config too now haha.

With the new contracts "expansion" out wil MCE still work along side it? Does it already work with 0.24?

Squads contracts become a bit dull after a while and MCE seems to have a lot more interresting things to do (along with actually recovering stages!)

I tried searching through the thread and git to find an answer, so sorry if it's already been asked somewhere.

I should have a release for Wednesday guys. Preview 1 is on the way. Have some more bugs to squash but this is what we have so far.

Difficulty Levels. 3 Levels Easy, Medium and Hardcore. Easy is default Part prices. Medium is Default X 2.5. And hardcore is Default X 4. (WIP On the Modifiers)

Hire Kerbals. works the same way it did in original MCE.

Salaries. Now you have to pay those kerbals every pay period! Default is 7 days. And default pay for Kerbals is 300 Funds.

Test your Rockets now and don't feel ashamed to Press that Big Red Revert Button.. Cause now it will cost you 1000 Funds to do it. ;)

Simple finances screen that shows how many funds you spent from MCE.

Vanilla Tool Bar Integration.

Pretty much everything listed above can be edited in the settings.cfg file.

Most of the time spent was getting the foundations written. And the testing. Gawd! No more...testing.

Auto Staging Might not make it this run. Running out of time to get it in.

Until Later Wed.

Malkuth.

I should have a release for Wednesday guys.

Difficulty Levels. 3 Levels Easy, Medium and Hardcore. Easy is default Part prices. Medium is Default X 2.5. And hardcore is Default X 4. (WIP On the Modifiers)

This was my most desired feature, brilliant. I'm eager to see how much more difficult setting up missions is with the new prices. My single concern is how mod balance may be effected. Something like Interstellar which may be silly expensive by stock standards becoming downright impossible on medium/hardcore. But, I guess that's why they call it hardcore, right? :P There was somebody who got a working science modifier on Reddit, have you considered adding something like that? It could help encourage exploration beyond Kerbin.

Hire Kerbals. works the same way it did in original MCE.

Awesome!

Salaries. Now you have to pay those kerbals every pay period! Default is 7 days. And default pay for Kerbals is 300 Funds.

Interesting, this might also have the secondary effect of forcing you to run your program more realistically, with several missions at a time. You can't just launch your Jool ship and time warp for 200 days, you'll be bankrupt by then! Back to work! Are there any plans to have salary influence anything?

Test your Rockets now and don't feel ashamed to Press that Big Red Revert Button.. Cause now it will cost you 1000 Funds to do it. ;)

I have mixed feelings about this. I loved the test flight feature in MCE because it let you test to your hearts content at a reasonable rate without being able to use those ships for missions. I tend to keep revert disabled for an Ironman feel, but this feature may have me turn it back on and just go by an honor system. Is it not possible to bring back the test flight style system from MCE?

Simple finances screen that shows how many funds you spent from MCE.

Nice. That'll be handy. How is contract integration going? Or is that further down the road?

Auto Staging Might not make it this run. Running out of time to get it in.

Wait, auto what?

Most of the time spent was getting the foundations written. And the testing. Gawd! No more...testing.

Thank you for all your hard work malkuth, you've made KSP into a great deal more at the expense of your spare time. We really appreciate all you do. I can't wait to see the new iteration of MCE.

Heads up. I know you said it's configurable, but a kerbal month is 6 days. That might make more sense. There is a chart somewhere that breaks it down. Assuming I interpreted it right....

It would indeed be nice if the "time" followed the 6h=1d and other peculiar time rules on Kerbin.

I always get confused when mechjeb tells me 1d 8h and such, because the game UI prints a different time (the seconds/minutes are the same, it's just the conversion to "day" and "year" that's messed up.

It would indeed be nice if the "time" followed the 6h=1d and other peculiar time rules on Kerbin.

I always get confused when mechjeb tells me 1d 8h and such, because the game UI prints a different time (the seconds/minutes are the same, it's just the conversion to "day" and "year" that's messed up.

I believe Mechjeb now has a setting to match KSP time conventions (which are itself changeable).

Thought I would have something for you guys tonight. But just way to many bugs right now that I have to squash that completely destroys your game experience. Sorry guys.

Believe it or not its the time that is giving me the most trouble right now. Biggest problem is that you can't seem to change funds (IE CHARGE SOMTHING) right on a scene change. Which is the historic way I did most my checks in MCE before .24 on scene-changes. They just don't hold. Seems you have to have a clearly loaded scene that is all set.

The 2nd biggest issue is the save files. Using something new this time and trying to getting into some of it is taking up a huge amount of time. Want to save to Persistent file but I can't figure out the scenario system that the others seem to use. No documentation at all. Gah.

Edited by malkuth

When paying salaries, will they be charged only when flying? Or, will salaries be charged for grounded Kerbals as well? I ask, because I have rescued about a dozen Kerbals, so I have many grounded (awaiting assignment) while I'm actively flying a mission. If I'm paying salaries for grounded Kerbals, I may have to alter my persistent.sfs file to "fire" them.

Regardless, my friend, I'm looking forward to MCE 2

Edited by Apollo13

When paying salaries, will they be charged only when flying? Or, will salaries be charged for grounded Kerbals as well? I ask, because I have rescued about a dozen Kerbals, so I have many grounded (awaiting assignment) while I'm actively flying a mission. If I'm paying salaries for grounded Kerbals, I may have to alter my persistent.sfs file to "fire" them.

Regardless, my friend, I'm looking forward to MCE 2

All kerbals in your spaceprogram will be payed. Including the guys on 2 year journeys. LOL.

Biggest problem other then what I have mentioned above with this system is that if your in flight for 2 years and come back to spacecenter.. You could have a huge bill. (When it works MCE keeps track of ALL days that a payperiod would happen)

When your in flight your not charged a payperiod. Once you go back to spacecenter the system catches up and charges you. Not sure if anyone will like this or not. NOt even sure if pay salaries are worth the effort what do you guys think?

My two cents: Consider Kerbals as contractors; that is, they're paid ONLY when they work. Pay salaries for Kerbals on a mission. Grounded Kerbal; no salary. I like your idea of paying the salary when the Kerbal returns to Kerbin. Now, what happens if a Kerbal dies or Missing In Action? Pay a severance package or life insurance? LOL

And you're right; if a kerbal is gone for two years, he's due a lot of back pay. Just make sure that the mission payout covers that kerbal's cost plus a healthy profit.

There is another mod out there that I refuse to use. It pays 600 salary per day per Kerbal, even for those who are grounded.

My two cents: Consider Kerbals as contractors; that is, they're paid ONLY when they work. Pay salaries for Kerbals on a mission. Grounded Kerbal; no salary. I like your idea of paying the salary when the Kerbal returns to Kerbin. Now, what happens if a Kerbal dies or Missing In Action? Pay a severance package or life insurance? LOL

And you're right; if a kerbal is gone for two years, he's due a lot of back pay. Just make sure that the mission payout covers that kerbal's cost plus a healthy profit.

There is another mod out there that I refuse to use. It pays 600 salary per day per Kerbal, even for those who are grounded.

Dropped the pay per week thing for now... But I might be able to do something later with Kerbals that do go on missions. Be a little easier to control I think code wise. Be good to know that I'm now working on adding a few missions to the first release, getting my bearings around the contracts system. I will try for an late Thursday release but no promises!

Gotta say, I was convinced this mod is obsolete with official contracts being released... I was so wrong :D

Vanilla contract system is brainless, spammy and gets boring quickly, surely cause it is in early development and more is sure to come.

And until this happens, I will definitely use MCE again.

Thank you for creating this great mod by the way!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.