(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Loving this mod, but received a Communication Satellite Network contract with Frequency ranges of 43.5, 44.5, 45.5, 46.6, 47.5 and 48.5.

I was only able to set 43.5 manually. I edited the craft files as explained above to set the higher frequencies, but as the slider only went to 47, I'm wondering if 47.5 and 48.5 will even work, or if they'll get snapped back down to 47.

Would you consider adding a config for stationary altitude used in satellite contracts? The mod auto detecting planet radius and rotation period and calculating it would be awesome, but at least a config entry like the historic mission have would be nice. Thanks :)

Apparently I didn't edit the correct craft file. I changed the value in both ..\saves\mysavegame\ships\vab and also in the folder for that particular craft, but there are a load of .craft files in the VAB\shipname folder. I edited the latest one of the dozens in there.

MODULE
{
name = MCESatelliteCore
isEnabled = True
dataLocked = False
satTypeDisplay = Communication
satModuleType = Tv Networks (1)
frequencyDisplay = 1
moduleType = 3
[B][COLOR=#ff0000]frequencyModulation = 43.5[/COLOR][/B]
moduleType_UIFlight
{
controlEnabled = True
minValue = 1
maxValue = 4
stepIncrement = 1
}
frequencyModulation_UIFlight
{
controlEnabled = True
minValue = 3
maxValue = 47
stepIncrement = 0.5
}
EVENTS
{
StartDataMCE
{
active = True
guiActive = True
guiIcon = Start Data Linkup
guiName = Start Data Linkup
category = Start Data Linkup
guiActiveUnfocused = False
unfocusedRange = 2
externalToEVAOnly = True
}
}
ACTIONS
{
}
}

Is there a specific file I should be editing? I made this change and loaded up my save, but the ship still shows 47.

Yes, I double checked to make sure it's the right ship!

I'm not averse to getting them all launched and then just ALT-F12ing the contract complete, but I'd like to actually meet the challenge of completing the contract if it's possible.

Apparently I didn't edit the correct craft file. I changed the value in both ..\saves\mysavegame\ships\vab and also in the folder for that particular craft, but there are a load of .craft files in the VAB\shipname folder. I edited the latest one of the dozens in there.

MODULE
{
name = MCESatelliteCore
isEnabled = True
dataLocked = False
satTypeDisplay = Communication
satModuleType = Tv Networks (1)
frequencyDisplay = 1
moduleType = 3
[B][COLOR=#ff0000]frequencyModulation = 43.5[/COLOR][/B]
moduleType_UIFlight
{
controlEnabled = True
minValue = 1
maxValue = 4
stepIncrement = 1
}
frequencyModulation_UIFlight
{
controlEnabled = True
minValue = 3
maxValue = 47
stepIncrement = 0.5
}
EVENTS
{
StartDataMCE
{
active = True
guiActive = True
guiIcon = Start Data Linkup
guiName = Start Data Linkup
category = Start Data Linkup
guiActiveUnfocused = False
unfocusedRange = 2
externalToEVAOnly = True
}
}
ACTIONS
{
}
}

Is there a specific file I should be editing? I made this change and loaded up my save, but the ship still shows 47.

Yes, I double checked to make sure it's the right ship!

I'm not averse to getting them all launched and then just ALT-F12ing the contract complete, but I'd like to actually meet the challenge of completing the contract if it's possible.

GO to the editor. Load the craft set the module to whatever. Save the craft in game. Load the craft file in a text editor. set that frequencyModulation to the right frequency. Save the craft in the text editor. Reload the craft while still in the editor without saving. Should now display the correct value needed. Save the craft again in game just to be sure. Now your ready t launch. Do not try and change it via the R click menu now as it will snap back. I have done this countless time flawlessly LMK if this doesn't work :).

- - - Updated - - -

And if you still can't get it upload the craft file I will make the changes and upload it back. Just will have to tell me what core and frequency.

From when I did those types of missions, I know the orbit AP and PE need to be just about perfect. (INSANELY exact)

I recall my first mission I would have AP ok, PE not ok, orbit to AP, adjust, now AP Not ok PE OK. Orbit to PE, adjust, AP OK, PE not ok. (Even though the AP and PE had NOT flipped.)

All you can do is orbit to AP, then reduce your engine thrust limiter down to 5% and then with minimal throttle start reducing your PE until it accepts it. (or increase PE if your PE drops below 2868000

I think when I did it I atually used Fine RCS and fired it and watched as the PE went down 2-3 meters a second until it was ok.

For the 2nd unchecked block

I would assume also that you have the wrong probe core or "Contract Frequency" set. (should have been 40.5)

[Navigational Core: With Frequency Adjustment And Module Selection ]

Although it has been awhile since I did those mission types, It might need the orbit to be correct before it will check and accept frequency.

In the end after doing 3-4 of these missions, I decided the orbital tolerances on those missions were more than I was willing to bother with and quit doing them. I was not interested in adjusting the orbits 4-5-6 times just to get it withing the narrow tolerance required for it to be accepted.

I seem to have run into an odd bug. I keep getting two missions to do Ionization Scans over and over again. Both the 6 min scan and 19 minute scan. I have completed both and they reappear right away. Rejecting them does not work as they appear again instantly. Right now it seems like this bug can be farmed repeatedly for huge game breaking rewards.

Had to remove them using Contract Configure settings. Will carry on running campaign with this mission back in the system and will let you know if it gets stuck again. has anyone else seen the Ionization Scan contract constantly reappearing in pairs or do you think this is a one off bug?

I seem to have run into an odd bug. I keep getting two missions to do Ionization Scans over and over again. Both the 6 min scan and 19 minute scan. I have completed both and they reappear right away. Rejecting them does not work as they appear again instantly. Right now it seems like this bug can be farmed repeatedly for huge game breaking rewards.

Had to remove them using Contract Configure settings. Will carry on running campaign with this mission back in the system and will let you know if it gets stuck again. has anyone else seen the Ionization Scan contract constantly reappearing in pairs or do you think this is a one off bug?

Well it does seem to be a bug in my game. Going to have kill mission. No idea on what the issue is so taking out the mission for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this error I am getting may be related?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairGoal.findVeselWithRepairPart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairGoal.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem+
.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This one I think is the same but for stations.

at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairStation.findVeselWithRepairPartAndStation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairStation.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have the log set aside if you need the whole thing.

this is a nob question i guess, but how do you line up a satellite with space center, I always end up the opposite side

Fire 90 degrees after the spot you want it to be. In map mode, have the satellite centered on Kerbin; and have the spot you want it over on the left hand horizon and burn then. Pretty close for Kerbal work...

Version 1.24

1.05 compatible changed a few things that made MC2 not work right in 1.05 of KSP. All should be good now.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it does seem to be a bug in my game. Going to have kill mission. No idea on what the issue is so taking out the mission for now.

Hmmm I will have to check this out then. Thanks for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this error I am getting may be related?

at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairGoal.findVeselWithRepairPart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairGoal.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This one I think is the same but for stations.

at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairStation.findVeselWithRepairPartAndStation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairStation.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have the log set aside if you need the whole thing.

Hmnm thanks seems that an issue arise with trying to find a vessel with repair part on it. I will still have to do a lot of debugging for 1.05 in others areas so I will check this out.

- - - Updated - - -

I still can't seem to get any repair contracts. Is there any way to debug if it is just my save or something?

What I usually do to test this is to completed clear out any current contracts with the Alt F12 Contracts clear current contracts. That way any old code is now removed from the current list.

Then I go to the KSP debug panel and there is an option to have a repair contract be supplied. Of course if you have no vessels in space that have the repair panel on it, then MC2 won't find any. From there I see if it works and if it does play the mission and make sure I can finish it. Pretty sure I did this before I released 1.23 and had no issues.

But I will test some more when I get a chance. I have not played KSP for a little while now so its hard to want to get back into it.. Really just waiting for Version 1.1 KSP.

So I've just installed this mod and had a few problems with my first contract.

Here are the objectives:

Enter KeoStationary Orbit Around Kerbin with an ApA of 2886000m - DONE

Enter KeoStationary Orbit Around Kerbin with an PeA of 2886000m - DONE

Have line of sight of Heart Station with Frequencey 33.5 - DONE

Send Data Stream and connect satellite to customers - I clicked Start Data linkup and it completed, but this task didn't become ticked

Have part type Repair Panel - DONE

Ensure the potato - What?

BUG REPORT:

Mission: Launch new research satellite

Requirement:

1) Enter orbit around Kerbin with ApA of at Least 472629

2) Enter orbit around Kerbin with PeA of at Least 471629

3) Ensure the potato

I established an orbit at ApA=476438, PeA =472325

RESULT: The requirements never went green. Upon landing, the contract was not completed.

I had to use ALT-F12. I ignored the potato thingy.

- - - Updated - - -

BUG REPORT:

Used Ionization Chamber to to log data, , (ion scan was done separately). It( MCEOrbitalResearch) indicated that 17.5 Science was collected. The ScienceLibrary mod confirmed this value. When the parachute opened prior to landing, the Science value disappeared. Upon recovering the vessel, the 17.5 Science did not appear in the summary.

Edited by Apollo13

Seen that too, kind of makes it hard to complete the contract without alt-f12. I was just thinking maybe it was misspelled and Potato is a slang for Kerbal. You should always Insure your potatoes, you never know when they'll get mashed...

prog-flo.jpg?cdn=no

[quote name='NateDaBeast']

For the contracts the part that says "ensure that the potato"
1.What does that mean
2.How do we complete the contract ?

ALT-F12 is your friend

BUG REPORT: Altitude detection is definitely broken. Just had a weather satellite contract for ApA/PeA at 850000 meters. Was at 860000. Requirements did not go green.

Sidebar: get rid of the "Ensure that the potato". It's humorous the first time I ALT-F12 to complete the contract; not so much the twentieth.

Edited by Apollo13

[quote name='BMot360']So I've just installed this mod and had a few problems with my first contract.

Here are the objectives:

Enter KeoStationary Orbit Around Kerbin with an ApA of 2886000m - DONE
Enter KeoStationary Orbit Around Kerbin with an PeA of 2886000m - DONE
Have line of sight of Heart Station with Frequencey 33.5 - DONE
Send Data Stream and connect satellite to customers - [B][I]I clicked Start Data linkup and it completed, but this task didn't become ticked
[/I][/B]Have part type Repair Panel - DONE
Ensure the potato - [B][I]What?[/I][/B][/QUOTE]

Huh? Potatoe? Man something must of been really screwy in that last update.. I will check it out thanks.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Apollo13']ALT-F12 is your friend

BUG REPORT: Altitude detection is definitely broken. Just had a weather satellite contract for ApA/PeA at 850000 meters. Was at 860000. Requirements did not go green.

Sidebar: get rid of the "Ensure that the potato". It's humorous the first time I ALT-F12 to complete the contract; not so much the twentieth.[/QUOTE]

I promise that this was not an intentional thing.. Not even sure why or how at this point.

AS for the APA PEA problem remember default Error of margin for those are only 1000 meters. You can change it in the Config file if its to low. I will set it higher in next update since I keep forgetting to do this.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][SIZE=5]Version 1.25[/SIZE][/B]

1. Fixed the Great potatoes Bug mystery. Satellite contracts had a strange requirement for a Potato? This was not an intentional feature. What happened was that I have always used a default mission objective from default KSP contracts. That is the satellite has Power and is new.. This was from the fineprint contracts that ship with the game now. When 1.05 for KSP came out the contract. Parameters for fine print were MOVED to a new location and some renamed. I found what I though was the new name for Satellite has power and is new.. But I guess it is not the case. Sorry for lack of checking on that one, that part is my fault.

2. I raised the default error of margin for APA and PEA from 1000 to 5000.

3. Shipped the up-to-date config file with new version. The older version had an older config file.. Was not a big deal the config file rewrites itself if its not correct, but still rather have the right one for you can edit the config file before starting for the first time. Edited by malkuth

[quote name='malkuth']
1. Fixed the Great potatoes Bug mystery. Satellite contracts had a strange requirement for a Potato? This was not an intentional feature. What happened was that I have always used a default mission objective from default KSP contracts. That is the satellite has Power and is new.. This was from the fineprint contracts that ship with the game now. When 1.05 for KSP came out the contract. Parameters for fine print were MOVED to a new location and some renamed. I found what I though was the new name for Satellite has power and is new.. But I guess it is not the case. Sorry for lack of checking on that one, that part is my fault.[/QUOTE]

The Great Potato struck, and you struck back to defeat it. Well done, sir!! LOL

I think I now understand the ApA/PeA situation. You have to be within the margin of error. However, the requirement states "AT LEAST", i.e., a minimum altitude; no maximum required. Thus, I was well above the minimum altitude. Next mission, I was be certain to be within margin, which I'll set back to 1000. Thanks. Edited by Apollo13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.