(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Hi everyone,

in my 6.4 scale install MCE gives me satellite contracts with an orbital altitude of normal Kerbin GSO height - 2868 km. Can I change this? MCE should look up the rotatonial period of a celestial body first, I would suggest. To me it sounds boring that the given contracts always demand the same altitude. 

after floods of gamebreaking null pointer error and days of whittling down the cause, i seem to have narrowed it down to MissionController. uninstalling MissionController completely fixes the problem. is anyone else encountering game-breaking issues since the most recent update?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 9:04 AM, New Horizons said:

Hi everyone,

in my 6.4 scale install MCE gives me satellite contracts with an orbital altitude of normal Kerbin GSO height - 2868 km. Can I change this? MCE should look up the rotatonial period of a celestial body first, I would suggest. To me it sounds boring that the given contracts always demand the same altitude. 

Hi, this is a known problem which I am actually working on fixing now.  The same thing happens in RS.  Since I'm playing RS now pretty much exclusively I'm working on this issue.  The issue is that I used pretty much simple values that only corresponded with default kerbin in the older versions.. Instead of using Methods and examples from other mods to find out the Min Planetary altitude of a body.  Did some homework and the future version of MCE should pretty much work with any version of KSP with different types of planet sizes like RO etc without changing any configs.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:27 AM, speedwaystar said:

after floods of gamebreaking null pointer error and days of whittling down the cause, i seem to have narrowed it down to MissionController. uninstalling MissionController completely fixes the problem. is anyone else encountering game-breaking issues since the most recent update?

Sending me the output.log file might help me figure this out.  Might be some sort of conflict with another mod is my guess.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 3:55 PM, johnt123 said:

im trying to complete a navigation contract and the frequency required is 2.5, but the lowest i can select is 3. Is there any way to fix this problem im having?

Another known issue, I will try to figure it out.  I quick work around that is a little annoying is to change the value in the Part Config file.  Not a 100% sure how I will fix this.. But might have to come up with another system that you can manually put the number in.

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 4:00 AM, Miles78 said:

Similar bug here too, with ApA and research, and version 1.26.

How APA work is that you must actually be below it not above it.  Same with PeA you must be above it. and within the margin of error.

The next version I will try to make this more clear.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:41 AM, verolutfi said:

Hello. I'm also having the same issues with Apollo13 guy. For example, when i change ApA to the required altitude, the contract indicator shows that i have reached the required altitude. But when i used time warp to move to ApA to change my PeA, the contract indicator suddenly changed to indicate that i haven't reached the altitude. The point is, everytime i used time warp, the contract indicator shows that i haven't reached the required altitude, even though i have reached it. Please fix this. Thank You

Again.  when doing an ApA you must be below the required number within the margin of error.

With PeA you must be Above the required number within the margin of error.

Edited by malkuth

On 3/19/2016 at 2:29 PM, malkuth said:

How APA work is that you must actually be below it not above it.  Same with PeA you must be above it. and within the margin of error.

The next version I will try to make this more clear.

Again.  when doing an ApA you must be below the required number within the margin of error.

With PeA you must be Above the required number within the margin of error.

For a Keostationary Orbit, how can you have ApA below 2868 and PeA above 2868?

Quick questions, I'm sure they've been addressed before, but it's a big thread :D

Is it necessary to complete the Apollo missions to trigger the Skylab ones? Is it possible to change the crew requirements?

I don't seem to be getting repair contracts either, probably a goof on my end, but what's necessary to trigger those?

I tried mixing this mod with RSS, RO and RP-1. It is clear, that payments might be off, but more problematic is that celestial body names are way wrong. One of the contracts demanded bringing Luna 2 to Mercury.

I really was looking forward to Apollo, Skylab and Duna contracts. :-(

As I expected the 1.1 Prerelease aloud me to see how bad it will be to update MC2 to 1.1.  And its pretty bad, one of the big things is the ConfigNode stuff has changed a little it seems.  And I didn't even write that part of the code so well could be a problem.

Other stuff is also broken but seems more manageable since its my code and well much more easier to figure it out.  Might either have to wait until the utility I used for the Config nodes is updated.. Or have to rewrite all that myself.  At any rate MC2 does not work with 1.1 Anything.. Don't even try. :)

Well I have everything working IE loading now into PreRelease 1.1 without any issues.  Only thing now is back to testing and making sure everything is working right and I will release a 1.1 Version of MCE.

Alright for those playing the New Pre Release 1.1 I have a Beta release of MCE for that.  Only available on my dropbox at this moment.

Everything seems to be working and a lot of things have changed.

1. Fixed the isssues with APA and PEA in most contracts I hope.

2. Only the Satellite Network Contracts have a set value for KEOSync orbits now.. All other contracts can have random values to help spice it up a little.

3. Messed a little with the randomness of Repair Contracts.

4. Worded some of the missions a little different.

5. MCE should work with RS and other Solar System modification mods that change the size of kerbin and other bodies.

Again this is a beta test for the Beta Build of 1.1 PreRelease of Kerbal Space Program.  Report any bugs on this forum.  Make sure to state you are using the Beta build for 1.1 KSP.

Beta Build For Mission Controller and KSP 1.1 Pre Release.

You Can Also Get it on My GitHub Now If you Prefer.

Edited by malkuth

Link is indeed broken. Your link is 

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=MissionController2Version1.3.0PreRelease1.zip

notice how it is very basic, and is actually a query string (as indicated by "?).

This link only works for you when logged in to dropbox, but doesn't work for anyone else. Use the "share" button to get the correct link.

Sorry for the long winded "link broke" post, but this happens to a lot of people so I wanted to share, as it is only very recently that this sort of thing started happening, the result of changes in web development practices.

Edited by cluc
Dropbox file url's don't have username in them

8 minutes ago, cluc said:

Link is indeed broken. Your link is 

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=MissionController2Version1.3.0PreRelease1.zip

notice how it is very basic, and is actually a query string (as indicated by "?).

This link only works for you when logged in to dropbox, but doesn't work for anyone else. Use the "share" button to get the correct link.

Sorry for the long winded "link broke" post, but this happens to a lot of people so I wanted to share, as it is only very recently that this sort of thing started happening, the result of changes in web development practices.

Sorry link should be fixed then.

I might be missing something, I click on the link and log into my DB , I go to sharing and I don't see anything.  Sorry, if I missed a step.

Okay.. I found the other link and the download worked, sorry about the post.

Edited by gamerscircle

2 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I might be missing something, I click on the link and log into my DB , I go to sharing and I don't see anything.  Sorry, if I missed a step.

Okay.. I found the other link and the download worked, sorry about the post.

Ok find any bugs give me a shout I don't get to play as much as I use too.

On March 29, 2016 at 3:45 PM, New Horizons said:

I tried mixing this mod with RSS, RO and RP-1. It is clear, that payments might be off, but more problematic is that celestial body names are way wrong. One of the contracts demanded bringing Luna 2 to Mercury.

I really was looking forward to Apollo, Skylab and Duna contracts. :-(

This might be a little harder to fix ksp uses numbers to identify bodies in celestialbodies.  For instance kerbin is 1 the mun is 2.  Etc.. That is what contracts use to decide what body your going to and getting all stats it needs.

If ro is changing these in a significant way then yes the contracts will be screwy.  I'm it sure how to work around this if it's the case.

On March 29, 2016 at 0:23 AM, CatastrophicFailure said:

Quick questions, I'm sure they've been addressed before, but it's a big thread :D

Is it necessary to complete the Apollo missions to trigger the Skylab ones? Is it possible to change the crew requirements?

I don't seem to be getting repair contracts either, probably a goof on my end, but what's necessary to trigger those?

i believe yes Apollo needs to be completed first I would have to check.  The crew requirments are fixed so can't be changed.

another note on Apollo you only need to finish the historic missions not the extended missions.

repair contracts can be a little tricky to get.  The version I'm using now they pretty much show up 90% of time.  But have to wait until I release this one after more testing.

Edited by malkuth

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:11 PM, gamerscircle said:

I enjoy the various Historical mods, thank you for taking the time and updating this for 1.1.  I am not sure if I did something wrong, but I haven't see a mission/contract past the Salyut 2

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:11 PM, gamerscircle said:

The missions require certain prerequisites to show up. And more important is that some of the require your prestige to be higher.  thinking of reducing some of these, with my testing I have been doing for 1.1 I have noticed that the contracts are falling a little short in historical missions to where the player might be in the game at that time.. For instance I just finished Apollo 17, and have yet to get the Luna Missions.
More work. :)

I love this mod so much. Especially the historic missions are so fun and educational. I hope you will do more in the future :)

While not strictly "historic"; have you concidered adding an ISS mission arc? It's probably going to be hard storybuilding all the restructuring (especially in the early missions), but the main modules being sent up would be awesome.

40 missions is probably a bit of an overkill, but some of the missions could be merged. Delivering a spare gyroscope is probably not that interresting a KSP mission.

(the thread is 121 pages, i am sorry if this was suggested before)

4 hours ago, Kebra said:

I love this mod so much. Especially the historic missions are so fun and educational. I hope you will do more in the future :)

While not strictly "historic"; have you concidered adding an ISS mission arc? It's probably going to be hard storybuilding all the restructuring (especially in the early missions), but the main modules being sent up would be awesome.

40 missions is probably a bit of an overkill, but some of the missions could be merged. Delivering a spare gyroscope is probably not that interresting a KSP mission.

(the thread is 121 pages, i am sorry if this was suggested before)

Been throwing around the idea of starting with the NASA rover missions with Mars as next historical missions.  And yes I have thought of adding ISS mission to the historical missions.  Usually I only choose the Milestone type missions to include in Mission Controller so of course I could not cover all the ISS missions.  Just the really important ones. :)

Just now, malkuth said:

Been throwing around the idea of starting with the NASA rover missions with Mars as next historical missions.  And yes I have thought of adding ISS mission to the historical missions.  Usually I only choose the Milestone type missions to include in Mission Controller so of course I could not cover all the ISS missions.  Just the really important ones. :)

I agree that you should keep the historic missions lightweight. @Whitecat106's Historic Mission pack is already fairly well fleshed out and fills the need for a more comprehensive historical missions.

@malkuth

Well after learning a bit about debugging while doing my own coding I went and compiled your plugin in debug mode so I can find exactly where my probblem lies with the reapir contracts. SO here is what I found.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairGoal.findVeselWithRepairPart () [0x00064] in /home/mcfadds2/Desktop/MissionController2-3d3ddab0f9ef1d59d6641d1319e7e8a1e457097d/MissionControllerEC/MCEContracts/RepairContracts.cs:39 
  at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairGoal.Generate () [0x0008f] in /home/mcfadds2/Desktop/MissionController2-3d3ddab0f9ef1d59d6641d1319e7e8a1e457097d/MissionControllerEC/MCEContracts/RepairContracts.cs:146 
  at Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DebugToolbar.ContractGenerate (System.Type cType, ContractPrestige difficulty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DebugToolbar.ContractsAdd () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DebugToolbar.WindowContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DebugToolbar.Window (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00076] in /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/GUILayout.cs:413 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x0005c] in /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/GUI.cs:1443 

The first NRE comes happens on this line

the second NRE line

I know the line numbers in the NRE above aren't the same ones I linked, but I made sure that they are the correct lines from my copy of the project.

So I hope that you will please actually solve my issue I have been reporting exact the same for so many months. I am not trying to offend I just feel my reports were not properly understood or acted on. As all the "fixes" you have made never have touched this part of the code, even though I reported the error with the NRE documented stating at least what part of the code it was just not down to the line.

Edited by Svm420

10 hours ago, Svm420 said:

@malkuth

Well after learning a bit about debugging while doing my own coding I went and compiled your plugin in debug mode so I can find exactly where my probblem lies with the reapir contracts. SO here is what I found.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairGoal.findVeselWithRepairPart () [0x00064] in /home/mcfadds2/Desktop/MissionController2-3d3ddab0f9ef1d59d6641d1319e7e8a1e457097d/MissionControllerEC/MCEContracts/RepairContracts.cs:39 
  at MissionControllerEC.MCEContracts.RepairGoal.Generate () [0x0008f] in /home/mcfadds2/Desktop/MissionController2-3d3ddab0f9ef1d59d6641d1319e7e8a1e457097d/MissionControllerEC/MCEContracts/RepairContracts.cs:146 
  at Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DebugToolbar.ContractGenerate (System.Type cType, ContractPrestige difficulty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DebugToolbar.ContractsAdd () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DebugToolbar.WindowContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DebugToolbar.Window (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00076] in /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/GUILayout.cs:413 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x0005c] in /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/GUI.cs:1443 

The first NRE comes happens on this line

the second NRE line

I know the line numbers in the NRE above aren't the same ones I linked, but I made sure that they are the correct lines from my copy of the project.

So I hope that you will please actually solve my issue I have been reporting exact the same for so many months. I am not trying to offend I just feel my reports were not properly understood or acted on. As all the "fixes" you have made never have touched this part of the code, even though I reported the error with the NRE documented stating at least what part of the code it was just not down to the line.

Are you placing repair panels on your Satellites?  Its a prerequisite for all Mission Controller satellite missions.. But is not for any other mods or Default contracts.  Without the Repair panel mission controller skips over the satellite until it finds one.  If it does not find one then you don't get any repair contracts.

Also been extremely busy with personal life stuff for the last year, so what time I do have to bring to coding and playing in general is very limited.  All your NullRefrence is telling me is that you failed the part check for Repair Panel.  Which is needed to do the repair mission. :)

The stuff you pointed out though does help me fix one issue.. You should not be getting Null References when the check fails.. The reason your getting them is because I don't have an Else statement. Which I will fix up ASAP.. It should at least stop that from happening.. And letting the rest of the code run its course.

Edited by malkuth

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.