(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

11 hours ago, wqt0806 said:

After I update to v 1.36, the mission can not be done.

I accept the contract after updating, and launch a new vessel with all required parts, then reach required orbit. none of objects were ticked when the requirement meets.

The ion scan does not work as well. I haven't check other MCE mission.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

I have submitted log file in GitHub

Read your post and didn't see anything in the log file.  To me even though you did say you launched a new vessel, and by reading your log file seems you launched something, and then reloaded again after something happened? (can't really tell just noticed you reloaded).  Almost seems like the contract thinks the vessel is not new.

So how MCE tells this, and indeed most of contracts figure this out is that everytime you launch a vessel it gets a Time Stamp.  EveryTime you accept a contract it also gets a time stamp. If vessel time is greater than contract time then the objectives will work.  So you accept a contract and launch right after it, should work.  If you accept a contract and then goto a already existing vessel then it wont work.

Does not explain the coreCheck not working though that doesn't check launch dates.. Hmmmmm....

6 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

I understood that, and I understand you want a range, that extends either side of ACTUAL KEO, but what I meant is ACTUAL KEO seems to have changed (Kerbin geostationary altitude is now 2,863,334 m), and it is now OUTSIDE, below, the range that Julexus stated, so that now the upper/lower limits have to be changed numerically, not just by decimal point. :)

Ah the math is hurting my head. :)  Understood.

4 minutes ago, malkuth said:

Yup... Sorry... :wink:

Well, I guess Squad is going on 2 weeks vacation now, so modders have at least 2 weeks to get caught up/take a mental break, before Squad can drop 1.1.3 on us... lol

Spoiler
27 minutes ago, malkuth said:

Read your post and didn't see anything in the log file.  To me even though you did say you launched a new vessel, and by reading your log file seems you launched something, and then reloaded again after something happened? (can't really tell just noticed you reloaded).  Almost seems like the contract thinks the vessel is not new.

So how MCE tells this, and indeed most of contracts figure this out is that everytime you launch a vessel it gets a Time Stamp.  EveryTime you accept a contract it also gets a time stamp. If vessel time is greater than contract time then the objectives will work.  So you accept a contract and launch right after it, should work.  If you accept a contract and then goto a already existing vessel then it wont work.

Does not explain the coreCheck not working though that doesn't check launch dates.. Hmmmmm....

Um... the issue actually is that the game doesn't check the requirements in real-time. I launched a vessel to required orbit with required parts, the contract window did not show any object ticked. Then I quit to main menu, reloaded the save file. control the vessel...bam, objects were ticked. Some time I have to quit the game to make the contract objects checked.

I have Contractconfigurator installed, but the author said it will not interfere MCE

Edited by wqt0806

1 hour ago, wqt0806 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Um... the issue actually is that the game doesn't check the requirements in real-time. I launched a vessel to required orbit with required parts, the contract window did not show any object ticked. Then I quit to main menu, reloaded the save file. control the vessel...bam, objects were ticked. Some time I have to quit the game to make the contract objects checked.

I have Contractconfigurator installed, but the author said it will not interfere MCE

ContractConfiguarot won't cause issue with MCE I use it to disable many more contracts I don't want from other mods.  Not sure why it was not updating in real time but sounds like that was the issue,  Odd.  MCE Does actually check in real time while in flight.  That's part of the default way contracts work in game.  Ill keep trying to look into it.  Possible something interfered.  Possible with the amount of mods you have.  Anyway I just did an objective with almost same values, and did not have the issue. 

Has this happened with other MCE contracts before?

You are getting a few errors from other mods in game though.

7 hours ago, malkuth said:

ContractConfiguarot won't cause issue with MCE I use it to disable many more contracts I don't want from other mods.  Not sure why it was not updating in real time but sounds like that was the issue,  Odd.  MCE Does actually check in real time while in flight.  That's part of the default way contracts work in game.  Ill keep trying to look into it.  Possible something interfered.  Possible with the amount of mods you have.  Anyway I just did an objective with almost same values, and did not have the issue. 

Has this happened with other MCE contracts before?

You are getting a few errors from other mods in game though.

I have the problem with checking "line of sight" requirement before I update to 1.3.6 (was 1.3.4). I googled the issue and read somewhere saying reload the game will have it checked (it is in a 2015 thread). After updating, it happened to all MCE object.

I think I have too many mods installed. I will try to reduce the amount of mods, find out which mod in conflict and test it again. If I still have the issue, I'll let you know.

19 minutes ago, wqt0806 said:

I have the problem with checking "line of sight" requirement before I update to 1.3.6 (was 1.3.4). I googled the issue and read somewhere saying reload the game will have it checked (it is in a 2015 thread). After updating, it happened to all MCE object.

I think I have too many mods installed. I will try to reduce the amount of mods, find out which mod in conflict and test it again. If I still have the issue, I'll let you know.

That be great love to figure it out.

On the line of site thing I have noticed that since I moved the APA and PEA objectives lower that the line of sight has closed a little tighter.. Some cases having to be right over it.  The original missions I had the math set up for KEOStationary orbits.. So it was pretty accurate.  In the new case have not figured out how to base it off altitude yet. 

Also be great if someone that had the issue with lower resolution and the MCE menu from previous versions, noticed if it was fixed yet or not?

Edited by malkuth

Version 1.37 for KSP 1.1.2 and bug fixes.

1. recompiled for KSP 1.12 with AVC Updated.

2. Fixed an Apollo-Duna fail load on TargetBody4.

3. Fixed KEOSync Orbits for Satellite network contract. Should have the right values now.

4. Fixed Rover Waypoint Drive Contract showing up multiple times in contract list.

Hi Malkuth, I think I have found out the reason why the MCE contracts are not update in real-time.

Since I have lots of mods installed, I put my entire KSP game into RAM disk to boost load speed. However,?game seems not work properly with RAM disk.

I now installed game in normal disk, MCE contracts works fine now (I tried several times)

26 minutes ago, wqt0806 said:

Hi Malkuth, I think I have found out the reason why the MCE contracts are not update in real-time.

Since I have lots of mods installed, I put my entire KSP game into RAM disk to boost load speed. However,?game seems not work properly with RAM disk.

I now installed game in normal disk, MCE contracts works fine now (I tried several times)

Interesting.

Trying to figure otu what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to complete the contract in the screenshot here.  Ask to basically just transmit data.  but when I just transmit it doesnt turn green completed.. and when i try to do research.. it says cant do it... do i need to research then transmit? do i use another science thing to research then transmit?  I'm just missing something here.

r9TiVQR.png

18 hours ago, Lewtz said:

Trying to figure otu what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to complete the contract in the screenshot here.  Ask to basically just transmit data.  but when I just transmit it doesnt turn green completed.. and when i try to do research.. it says cant do it... do i need to research then transmit? do i use another science thing to research then transmit?  I'm just missing something here.

r9TiVQR.png

Everything is fine.  But your actually using a Research Core and not a Navigation Core like the contract ask.  There are 4 different cores, research, navigation, communication and Weather. :)

• 1 month later...

Just downloaded this mod from GitHub (I'm on KSP 1.0.5 and using v1.12.0) and I'm getting a problem with the satellite contract Ap and Pe. It seems I'm within the max/min parameters, so I don't know if this is a bug. I've seen other people on the thread have had this issue but I haven't found a fix. What am I missing? Also, I'm having the same issues with other satellite contracts, not only with Ap/Pe, but also not recognizing the ionization part or checking the "Enter orbit around goal" objective. Is it a version compatibility issue?

WW4K057.jpg

Edited by PeskyPony

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, malkuth said:

Should.  I recompiled in 1.1.3 and had no issues.  But will release the update pretty soon.

Thx!

Need to dig a bit into my mods as I have small problems regarding contracts. I have both Contract Configurator and Mission Controller 2. Not sure which one prevents certain contracts from completing.

Update version for mission controller for KSP 1.1.3 release.  No real issues fixed just recompile and AVC update to get rid of the Not Compatible message.

3 minutes ago, Cocox said:

Thx!

Need to dig a bit into my mods as I have small problems regarding contracts. I have both Contract Configurator and Mission Controller 2. Not sure which one prevents certain contracts from completing.

Both contract configurator and Mission controller have separate custom contract objectives that is native only to the program in question.  Should not have any issues with the two running together. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy, love this mod, but I am having a slight problem.

I am on Kerbal 1.1.3 and downloaded 1.38 of Mission Controller EC.  Now it seems that Mission Controller automatically disables the stock missions, and i cannot find a way to get the stock missions back without uninstalling the mod.

Can anyone help me with this?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:29 PM, Corinthian said:

Howdy, love this mod, but I am having a slight problem.

I am on Kerbal 1.1.3 and downloaded 1.38 of Mission Controller EC.  Now it seems that Mission Controller automatically disables the stock missions, and i cannot find a way to get the stock missions back without uninstalling the mod.

Can anyone help me with this?

MCE doesn't automatically disable default contracts from KSP.  But it gives you the option in the settings.  Select the mission controller Icon in game and select settings to make sure that MCE is not disabling any KSP Contracts. 

Couldn't find this suggestion in any past post... Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

Would it be worth moving the category for the parts "Mass Spectrometry Tube" and "Ionization Chamber" from Utility to Science? I've already changed the cfg file in my own game as I kept looking for these experiments under Science. The suggestion is only as I figured there might be other people that are doing the same. 

I trying to do a Satellite repair contract and I'm unable to complete it. I've docked with the Satellite that has a repair panel, EVA to the panel and click 'Open'. These is no option to "Test System" as instructed in the contract. I only get "Engineer CheckSystems" and "Start Repair" Both give a visual response message, but neither option effects the contact. Did I put on the wrong repair panel? (Images below)

Side note - the contact is missing a step 5.

http://imgur.com/a/rgh7x

Edited by wile1411
IMGUR Link

• 1 month later...

Malkuth,

Love this idea with the repair panels.  

I do have one gripe, why are the panels not initially fully stocked? 

Is this a correct MM cfg for making that change? (I'm still new to using MM)

// Fully stock Repair Panels by default.

@PART[SmRepairPanel]
}
    @RESOURCE[SpareParts]
    {
        %amount    =    1
    }
}

@PART[repairPanel]
}
    @RESOURCE[SpareParts]
    {
        %amount    =    1
    }
}

Thank you for all you do.  You make this game better.

Edited by TranceaddicT

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:16 PM, TranceaddicT said:

Malkuth,

@PART[SmRepairPanel]
}
    @RESOURCE[SpareParts]
    {
        %amount    =    1
    }
}

@PART[repairPanel]
}
    @RESOURCE[SpareParts]
    {
        %amount    =    1
    }
}

Hmm not sure about the stock option must be a new option in the config files I have not fixed or added yet.  I will check it out when I take a look at 1.2 and see what I have to do.

On September 10, 2016 at 6:16 PM, TranceaddicT said:

Malkuth,

@PART[SmRepairPanel]
}
    @RESOURCE[SpareParts]
    {
        %amount    =    1
    }
}

@PART[repairPanel]
}
    @RESOURCE[SpareParts]
    {
        %amount    =    1
    }
}

As for spare parts repairs no longer take resources instead you just need engineer kerbal.

legacy code I will get rid of next version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.