(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Well instead of messing around with the current crewCount I just wrote another goal called noCrewGoal all it does is check for crew, if they exist it flags false and mission goal can't be completed.

It will be in the next update that I have planned for Thursday or Friday. Its another pretty big update.

Hey Malkuth, question for you:

Have you thought about what you're going to do with this mod once contracts and such get implemented? Are you going to retool this to run alongside, replace the stock missions...? I mean it's probably a little early, just curious on your thoughts about it.

Hey Malkuth, question for you:

Have you thought about what you're going to do with this mod once contracts and such get implemented? Are you going to retool this to run alongside, replace the stock missions...? I mean it's probably a little early, just curious on your thoughts about it.

Thats the plan. Once KSP gets a budget of its own, I will use its system for the currency. (I have already started the transfer you will see a big difference in next update) Once I know for sure what they are adding, and what its going to look like I will be able to adjust to the new KSP system.

Version .43

1. You now have to Hire Kerbals. Yes finally you are responsible for Hiring Kerbals. The way the system works is automatic, once mission controller notices

you have hired a new Kerbal it will charge you a default 5000 credits (you can edit this in MCsettings.cfg).

2. No more Kerbal Insurance system, the new hire system has replaced it (I might later add a new version of Insurance System) You will no longer be charged

at vessel launch for Insurance.. And NO LONGER GET IT BACK AT RECOVER (IMPORTANT Don't report as bug.. Its not)

3. OverHaul of Finances System used in Mission Controller Extended.

• a. New Kerbal Hir Log (located in finances) keeps track of you hired kerbals (first set are free) time hired and current status.
  • b. New Ship Construction Log (located in finances) Keeps track of you ships built.. Names, mission used in, how many crew, and cost of each vessel.
  • c. New Mission Log Book (located in finances) Keeps track of every mission finsihed, amount paid, time finished vessel used to finish it.

4. The bug with Finances not keep correct track fixed. (mostly Total Payouts being subtracted)

5. The currency sign used in MCE changed to $.

6. Correct decimal and comma for money values.

7. Parts breakdown window Redone

8. New mission Goal Added called noCrewGoal usde like this. With this goal Present in mission you can not have any crew at all. If they are detected flaged false

and can't finish the mission.

noCrewGoal

{

}

9. Major Bug Fix.. When you loaded up KSP with MCE installed you could not going into KSP Settings or Credits from main menu. This has been around for a bit, but

I finally tracked it down and squashed it.

10. Raised speed check in launchGoal again.

Note on the New Hire Kerbals. You don't have to restart a game to use this. MCE will take note of how many kerbals you already have and add them to the list for free! Once this list is made, any new kerbals added after will be charged! But if you already have a save of MCE running, then its possible you might be charged for all kerbals. If so you can easily edit your .sp file and add the money back if you wish. Thinking that having 100 kerbals might get a little pricey.. :)

Also note the New Log Books cannot track previous missions Launched before .43. They will start tracking after though.

Edited by malkuth

A big thank you, this is one of my must-have mods.

I am working on a mission set, with a bit of storytelling thrown in. These are some ideas I could use help with:

- Annual Review Mission Year 1-?:

I want to give the player some help or bonuses by seeing how many missions were done, how many crew were lost, and some interest from the money made since last year. Something like

RequiresTime { minSeconds = TIME(1y) }

where you can't start that mission until at least 1 Kerbal year has passed since the start of the game. I want to be taking an increasing number of kerbals farther and farther out in space every year. (Shall we have our meeting at the hotel or Minmus? Tough choice.)

- A custom global variable (or two) would be nice. I am moving the story along using Monolith research (a lab and some kerbals parked nearby for x months), and want a way to track that.

RequiresVar { minValue=20 }

VarGoal { reward=10 }

PassiveVarReward { 50 }

It would be great if we could use that same variable across multiple mission sets (like you currently do with money). Might require

SetVar=MonolithResearch or SetVar=PublicRelations (as examples)

to know what you are using it for, for this mission set.

- How would you go about requiring an eclipse? My best guess right now would be

SunlightBlockedGoal { body=Mun }

for a munar eclipse. The solar panels know this information, so it is available somewhere.

- Can you see if a Remotetech connection to KSC is broken?

Just some of the stuff I've come up against. Once again thank you for making this mod great fun.

Sidenote: For other mission makers, try adding in some Reaction missions (always available, used after certain things happen). Examples:

- After first Kerbal dies, have a memorial service at KSC, lasts an entire day.

- After first Kraken attack, have a mission for putting up a patrol craft (with SRBs for defense). Next attack, put up a few tracking stations just outside of Kerbin SOI.

- After finding what's on Bop, have a week-long celebration with fireworks.

Thanks for the quick implementation on that NoCrewGoal, that'll be very useful. One other thought too since you seem to be in the middle of tearing things apart a bit, is there anyway to add an in goal science reward, just like the in goal monetary one?

Thanks for the quick implementation on that NoCrewGoal, that'll be very useful. One other thought too since you seem to be in the middle of tearing things apart a bit, is there anyway to add an in goal science reward, just like the in goal monetary one?

Yup going to need it eventually anyway. :)

Wish I could figure out how the DATA system works when getting Science though. I already have the Science points figured out. But I can't seem to find a way to measure data points (before they become science.. IE tracking current science found before transmitting or Bringing it home)

I would like to have another goal based on how much science you discovered on mission.. So say you must discover 100 science on mun.. etc.

Hey sarge playing the BootStrap missions now to test, things seem pretty good on this end. You having issues because you don't have launch stabilizers yet? I made my own for now.

Anyway I never new how well written the BootStrap missions were. Nice. Going to play through them to check them out.

I might have to talk to the Author and see if he minds me packaging the missions with MCE.

Im experiencing a few bugs.

Sometime the MC windows end up only displaying when the hud is turned off ( f2 ).

And the entire interface just now froze up on me. I landed my first probe, went to claim the reward and saw the buttons wouldn't function. Both in flight, VAB and KSC screen.

EDIT: Does MCE need an electrical charge? Because everything seems to work until the moment my probe dies. Im performing suborbital flights taking science, then deploy chutes. I run out of charge before the probe lands... and I then see MCE is not working.

Edited by Motokid600

Hmmm, I will have to look at this usually f2 turns off mce along with everything else. Ill check it out, any other mods installed?

dMnAP7s.jpg?1

The f2 issue is tolerable however. Just gotta operate MCE with no hud enabled. The real bugger is the buttons locking up on me. I updated toolbar just in case.. no luck.

Edited by Motokid600

I have a slight problem I have the RPL mod/all the mods told to download. Seems that the Budge button doesn't work or the settings button doesn't work

Yup you need mission controller .43 to fix that problem. Any previous version will have this bug.

If your stuck in a previous version for some reason say KSP .22 and can't update for whatever reason. Then the work around for the bug is to actually go into game navigate the scenes (say go to VAB) exit back out to the Main Menu and you can then enter the settings and or Credits.

Noticed a few things I want everyone to be aware of before they report it as a bug.

when you first load up KSP and load your game. Your MCE values will be default.. (IE if you have 200,000 credits it will show up as 50,000 credits at startup) this is not a bug, all you have to do is navigate to vab (or any scene change really, except hire center or research center don't count as scene changes) and your values will load.

The reason this is happening is because of the bug I had to fix with the Main Menu settings button not working in last update. Its not a big deal, just goto VAB and your MCE settings will load. I will see if I can fix it next update.

Also Science Payments are not being paid out. Its hard to notice sometimes since most of them are so small, but I already have the fix and it will be in the next update also.

Yup you need mission controller .43 to fix that problem. Any previous version will have this bug.

If your stuck in a previous version for some reason say KSP .22 and can't update for whatever reason. Then the work around for the bug is to actually go into game navigate the scenes (say go to VAB) exit back out to the Main Menu and you can then enter the settings and or Credits.

I have installed the latest but still doesn't work, I've tried both going to VAB and such but nothing worked

I just started running with this and the first thing I noticed was that when you click on the research tab in the toolbar it says this:

"Research not available in Sandbox Mode".

So.. does the mod support career mode? The description in this thread's OP and in Spaceport seems to imply it's a mod only to be used with Sandbox Mode, but the existence of that research tab, and the message that it doesn't work in Sandbox Mode seems to imply that had I not used Sandbox mode it would have had something there... meaning it isn't a "mod for Sandbox Mode" anymore.

Does it support Career mode? If not then what is that Research tab actually for?

There is no science in sandbox so no research. If you want research you need to play a career game. This is not a mce thing it's a ksp thing.

I'm aware of this. But the description on spaceport and on this thread implies this mod is just for sandbox mode. That's misleading if the mod is made to work with career mode.

Mce can be played it either mode.

Then the description needs to be edited.

A bug: If you decide to start the campaign over and re-use the same name for the campaign, KSP itself opens a popup dialog asking to confirm that you want to clobber the old savegame folder and make a new one from scratch. If you say 'yes', it does so and your old savegame is gone...

... BUT the Mission Control mod stores the campaign data outside that folder in its own plugin folder, using the campaign name. The result is that when you try to start the campaign over as described above, Mission Control still has your old budget number and still uses it. So if the reason you started over is that you ran your money into the negatives while trying to learn how the mod worked, as in my case, then when you start over you're starting a new campaign in which you're already at negative money from day 1 instead of starting at 50,000.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.