(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

It had a B9 VTOL and RAPIER. I don't know if B9 is counts or not since it's in a mod, but I think that RAPIER should count since they're popular for spaceplanes.

I figured out the problem, The jet part of the code is not using ModulengineFX.. Its the same issue that I had with the Assisted Rocket Landing Issue a few pages back. I will have to make some adjustments to code to fix it again.

Its actually a big pain in the butt to write the same code for two modules that do the same thing. I'm scratching my head on why the Developers just didn't turn all engines into ModulerEngineFX when they wrote it. Having 2 of the same thing basically is hard to code around.

I know its confusing since I'm not very good at making my own models of stuff. So a Repair Can is actually the part you use to repair a vessel. The part that needs to be on your Satellites are called a RepairStation and it uses the same model as the Vanilla Solar Panel, the ones that look like Acess Hatches.

You can watch this video and how the system works to help you out.

How To Do Repair Missions In MCE.

Well that explains why I couldn't find the part, thanks a lot malkuth!

I figured out the problem, The jet part of the code is not using ModulengineFX.. Its the same issue that I had with the Assisted Rocket Landing Issue a few pages back. I will have to make some adjustments to code to fix it again.

Its actually a big pain in the butt to write the same code for two modules that do the same thing. I'm scratching my head on why the Developers just didn't turn all engines into ModulerEngineFX when they wrote it. Having 2 of the same thing basically is hard to code around.

Ah thanks for looking into it! If it's possible, maybe it would be simpler to just have all runway landings be considered the "best" kind of landing? It seems like if you manage to get your craft back to the space center in one piece, it should be cheap to refurb what's left.

Huh can someone help me out with recycling?

(I have it researched) I had a large bottom stage with 4 realchute parachutes on, set to land at 6m/s and i decoupled it in space (is this the problem?) and then I circularized my orbit and time-warped until I saw it fall onto the planet, but when it did, I got no money back, is this because I decoupled it out of atmosphere?

This happened again when I was re-entering, my stage went 24 km away from my probe and disappeared when it hit around 24km up , but again I got no money, am I doing something wrong?

Huh can someone help me out with recycling?

(I have it researched) I had a large bottom stage with 4 realchute parachutes on, set to land at 6m/s and i decoupled it in space (is this the problem?) and then I circularized my orbit and time-warped until I saw it fall onto the planet, but when it did, I got no money back, is this because I decoupled it out of atmosphere?

This happened again when I was re-entering, my stage went 24 km away from my probe and disappeared when it hit around 24km up , but again I got no money, am I doing something wrong?

Not sure, if your using a mod that extends the distance away a vessel has physics. Then its possible that the vessel is never unloaded by Kerbal Space Program, and in which case the AutoRecycle never kicks in. MCE is looking for the vessel to be Unloaded (IE Destroyed by KSP).

I have never had an issue getting AutoRecycling on a vessel decoupled in space, it takes a little longer (I have seen it go out to 35KM before being unloaded) but works fine.

But anyway like I said above make sure no mods using extended range for Physics (ie vessels remain in physics even after 2.5K)

Oh and the settings for Realchutes doesn't matter, as long as they pass the Drag Test. Is there a new version of realchutes out, Ill check that too just in case.

snip!

I don't have any physics distance altering mods, I don't know what it could be :/. So what's the "drag test" then?

It could be due to FAR? maybe?

I'll re-download Realchutes and test it just in case.

Edited by Boamere

Where/How are parts defined? For instance, in a MPKG file, there is a line "partName = dockingPort3" Where is dockingPart3 defined and how it relates to an actual part?

Its the actual name of part as is listed under the part.cfg file.

I don't have any physics distance altering mods, I don't know what it could be :/. So what's the "drag test" then?

It could be due to FAR? maybe?

I'll re-download Realchutes and test it just in case.

You can test what your getting by checking the debug menu when the vessel is unloaded it will tell you how close you are.

Its the actual name of part as is listed under the part.cfg file.

Ahhh..... thank you. I looked in several part.cfg files (for the mk1pod) and did not see that. I was looking in wrong part.cfg file. Brain fart...LOL

Oh, and thank you for making/continuing this project. Makes KSP more fun. Squad ought to just use this for the Careers update in 0.24. Just added a rep to your profile as well.

Edited by Apollo13

Ahhh..... thank you. I looked in several part.cfg files (for the mk1pod) and did not see that. I was looking in wrong part.cfg file. Brain fart...LOL

Oh, and thank you for making/continuing this project. Makes KSP more fun. Squad ought to just use this for the Careers update in 0.24. Just added a rep to your profile as well.

Thanks for the rep and comments Glad Mission Controller has brought out some fun for you and others. I personally can't play KSP without it at this point. But me being critical of my own code would have to say they would have to fix a whole lot of problems with it before that ever happened. I would like to think that it does give them some inspiration though. ;)

I can't wait to see what KSP .24 will bring, and how I can adept mission controller to fill in any gaps that might be missing.

I thought I'd check out mission controller before .24 gets released, but after playing with it a bit, the progression seems ill suited for career mode, or ambitious missions in general. For example, I really don't like being forced to crash into a planet, just to unlock the mission where I successfully land on it. Another problem is that a lot of entry level missions require specific parts that come later in the tech tree(like docking ports, cupola) I also think the money is a lot easier to accumulate than it should be, budget for non-repeating missions should be per mission instead of global, with an under-budget bonus coming in the form of science points.

Oh, and a bug: repeatable missions should be re-rolled with new parameters whenever you successfully complete them, so you can't accept and complete the same repeating mission with the same craft in the same orbit.

I thought I'd check out mission controller before .24 gets released, but after playing with it a bit, the progression seems ill suited for career mode, or ambitious missions in general. For example, I really don't like being forced to crash into a planet, just to unlock the mission where I successfully land on it. Another problem is that a lot of entry level missions require specific parts that come later in the tech tree(like docking ports, cupola) I also think the money is a lot easier to accumulate than it should be, budget for non-repeating missions should be per mission instead of global, with an under-budget bonus coming in the form of science points.

Oh, and a bug: repeatable missions should be re-rolled with new parameters whenever you successfully complete them, so you can't accept and complete the same repeating mission with the same craft in the same orbit.

Not sure which missions your playing but My missions the random mission do get re-rolled. The pre-set missions are just that, set in stone you get what you get. Lets not forget that a lot of the missions were made well before career mode, I have moved MCE beyond pre-Set missions by introducing Contracts, contracts sound like they are more to your style. And if not then their is the Custom Contract where you can make your own.

If none of the numbers work for you then you can edit them all (seriously everything in MCE is editable) in the MCSettings.cfg file, and set them to your own desire.

Not sure which missions your playing but My missions the random mission do get re-rolled. The pre-set missions are just that, set in stone you get what you get. Lets not forget that a lot of the missions were made well before career mode, I have moved MCE beyond pre-Set missions by introducing Contracts, contracts sound like they are more to your style. And if not then their is the Custom Contract where you can make your own.

If none of the numbers work for you then you can edit them all (seriously everything in MCE is editable) in the MCSettings.cfg file, and set them to your own desire.

I was playing the missions in the stock set, and looked at most of the rest. The repeatable mission I was talking about was comsat V, which I think should require a new longitude or craft on completion, instead of just when you hit the randomize button(I didn't see a reason to do comsat I-IV, and haven't done Duna I or Vostock III yet). I probably would have broken that mission down into three missions, the first would be a geostationary satellite at any longitude, with bonus objectives for line of sight to KSC, and an extra bonus objective for putting it exactly at KSC's longitude. The second and third missions would require longitudes 120° in front of and in back of the first mission. Another 3 missions (or 1 mission with 3 payloads) would follow the same format, but require higher tech antennas on the ship, and more precise orbits. I would also have liked to see additional comsat missions in random molniya orbits.

As for a suggestion on specific parts requirements, I would try and put missions with tech tree prerequisites into mission categories that depend on that tech. For example, the first mission with docking would kick off the set of missions that construct a space station. Docking outside of the space station missions would just be an optional objective on missions where it's expected to reduce the overall cost of the mission.

I might try random missions and contracts, but I didn't have the tech prerequisites for any of the interesting ones when I first looked them.

I was playing the missions in the stock set, and looked at most of the rest. The repeatable mission I was talking about was comsat V, which I think should require a new longitude or craft on completion, instead of just when you hit the randomize button(I didn't see a reason to do comsat I-IV, and haven't done Duna I or Vostock III yet). I probably would have broken that mission down into three missions, the first would be a geostationary satellite at any longitude, with bonus objectives for line of sight to KSC, and an extra bonus objective for putting it exactly at KSC's longitude. The second and third missions would require longitudes 120° in front of and in back of the first mission. Another 3 missions (or 1 mission with 3 payloads) would follow the same format, but require higher tech antennas on the ship, and more precise orbits. I would also have liked to see additional comsat missions in random molniya orbits.

As for a suggestion on specific parts requirements, I would try and put missions with tech tree prerequisites into mission categories that depend on that tech. For example, the first mission with docking would kick off the set of missions that construct a space station. Docking outside of the space station missions would just be an optional objective on missions where it's expected to reduce the overall cost of the mission.

I might try random missions and contracts, but I didn't have the tech prerequisites for any of the interesting ones when I first looked them.

I wanted to get the Missions that required technology be playable via whats available for player, but for some reason I can't get the simple method that the developers of KSP installed to work the way they intended. Did some research on the subject and seems its a common problem, found some work around but the time constraints right now to insert this new system is beyond what I have available right now.

The comsat V mission is actually part of the stock set. This mission set was made by the original author of MC way back when it first came out I have done some editing of the missions, but since MCE is also works in sandbox mode I need to keep some of the mission packs available for sandbox players. And of course sandbox has everything available to them at that start.

Thanks for the info though.

Also I pretty much have given up on adding any new features to Missions. When .24 comes out MCE will most likely not have its own missions anymore and will be completely striped from MCE. Which in turn will help me develop more of an Economic Simulator instead of trying to deal with Missions, and Saved mission progress. All this stuff is going to be included in KSP .24. The only exception is that I might keep custom contract in game and maybe write some KSP Contracts since some of the developer notes suggest that making contract Base Missions can be done. Kinda like people make science stuff now.

Once .24 comes out MCE is going to lose a whole lot of weight.

Think of mods like deadly reentry and FAR. Both only work on a certain subject in KSP. Thats the plan for Future MCE only working on adding more economic options to Vanilla KSP system. For instance bringing the Kerbal Hire cost into a more complex system of Hire, train etc. Having other cost like facility cost, upgrades. Etc. Fleshing out the Recycling more (pretty sure the devs are not including recycling yet)

Edited by malkuth

I do understand not wanting to put a lot of work into something that will be obsolete in the next patch. Maybe someone writing new missions will pay attention to this thread, maybe it's a moot point. I think it's better to figure out the problem and try to explain it than just hope it isn't repeated.

I installed MCE because I thought it would be fun to deal with cost constraints, in addition to stuff like FAR, Deadly Reentry, Remotetech, etc. It was pretty challenging at the start, while I was figuring it out, but now I have enough cash that it isn't really a constraint. Obviously there needs to be some range of difficulty levels in the final game. Maybe dynamic difficulty, based on how much you spent on previous missions, maybe just make the payout for science heavy missions very small, near the limit of the minimum possible budget, while having some lucrative commercial missions to places/orbits that you've already obtained science from. This way the more skilled players don't have to do easy missions if they don't want to. I think it would take a lot of playtesting to figure out the best way to balance the wide range of player skill.

The "Repair Satellite" mission did not register completion of the task. The satellite had the Repair Panel part on it; it was empty. The mission ship had the Repair canister.

After docking, I moved a repair part from the mission ship to the satellite. I then did the EVA to the Repair Panel, right-clicked it, and clicked the "Start Repairs" button. MCE did not show "mission complete" message. When I clicked the MCE mission icon, it still indicated repair mission as FALSE.

Out of curiosity, I right-clicked the Repair Parts canister on the mission ship, and right-clicked the Repair Panel on the satellite; the Repair Panel showed empty, i.e., the previous part was consumed. Just to be certain, I performed the above actions with the remaining two parts in the Canister. Still, no joy.

This is particularly vexing given that a previous repair mission went as planned. That is, after moving one repair part, and doing the EVA to repair, the MCE panel popped-up showing mission complete.

I personally can't play KSP without it at this point.
Roger that! I'm constantly hitting the contract button (after completing previous contract) to get the next.

And, I like what you mention in your 04:47 post above. I look forward to seeing what you'll do with this after the 0.24 update.

Edited by Apollo13

The "Repair Satellite" mission did not register completion of the task. The satellite had the Repair Panel part on it; it was empty. The mission ship had the Repair canister.

After docking, I moved a repair part from the mission ship to the satellite. I then did the EVA to the Repair Panel, right-clicked it, and clicked the "Start Repairs" button. MCE did not show "mission complete" message. When I clicked the MCE mission icon, it still indicated repair mission as FALSE.

Out of curiosity, I right-clicked the Repair Parts canister on the mission ship, and right-clicked the Repair Panel on the satellite; the Repair Panel showed empty, i.e., the previous part was consumed. Just to be certain, I performed the above actions with the remaining two parts in the Canister. Still, no joy.

Interesting, are you docked with the right ship? I guess the best I could do right now is to ask for your whole saved game, and the .sp file to for MCE and I will see whats up. As long as the mission is still qued? Is this a contract mission?

I thought about providing the savegame file during the mission itself. However, by then, I'd used up the 3 repair kits in the canister.. The MCE dialog box showed that I was docked, I know I was at the right ship (there's only one satellite with that name).

We'll see if this occurs again. Then, again, with the advent of KSP 0.24, this may become a moot point.

I thought about providing the savegame file during the mission itself. However, by then, I'd used up the 3 repair kits in the canister.. The MCE dialog box showed that I was docked, I know I was at the right ship (there's only one satellite with that name).

We'll see if this occurs again. Then, again, with the advent of KSP 0.24, this may become a moot point.

All I can say is that if its broke Ill fix it. But I have done dozens of repair missions, and even a few Asteroid captures and they always go off without a hitch. Which is why I figured best just to take a look at the save file and see whats up.

Hi to all! Recently, i tried to complete missions about mun base, I got all parts, then landed on mun, but mission task is still on undock. also I tried undock small probe, but it doesn’t help. Whats wrong? Thanks.

Check out known issues QF5650, if the vessel you tried to land is like an apollo lander then it will have issues. IE you have a vessel that is launched with a main body and a separate lander. And also it gives you a work around.

Developer Test Version Apollo Style Mission Fix

For all interested I have come out with a New Developer Test Version for everyone to try that wishes. What's it do? Well I'm trying to come up with a way to better fix the Apollo Mission Type Landings Issue. Read my Blog for more information. With Download

This is a prelude to possible last version of MCE as we know it before .24. Final .70 version of MCE. Sad Face. :(

Edit: Not saying LAST version, just the version that has missions. The next version of MCE you can read about in this blog, if it happens.

Edited by malkuth

Check out known issues QF5650, if the vessel you tried to land is like an apollo lander then it will have issues. IE you have a vessel that is launched with a main body and a separate lander. And also it gives you a work around.

Strange thing happened. I'm using KAS, and my command module has boxes with staff. As soon as kerbanaut took out pipeline endpoint, I had a message, that says mission is done.

Well it all seems to be working now apart from the fact that I wish there were more mission packs (like ksp interstellar integrated ones!) and there's this one problem with the sandworm civillian pack, I can't use fuel ; I have to use ion engines which cost 50 000 Credits, so there is no point doing those missions, because the reward is too low.... but I think they are old right, so they haven't been updated?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.