(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Ph34rb0t, has it occurred again? Do you have output.log? Can't do much without that I'm afraid.

Well, no log or anything.

I've tried the mission again (this time with a parachute-equipped probe) and passed it successfully. So it isn't the mission.

The module probably might have crashed because my entire rocket had disintegrated (booster in the atmosphere; probe on the ground) and it had nothing more to track. But this is just a stab in the dark.

Btw: I find the "Stock" name for the respective mission set a bit...uninviting. I think renaming it into "Scientific Space Program" or "The Conquest of Space" or so might make much more attractive, especially because it's the basis and starting point for the other two mission sets.

Hey guys sorry about the version number.. Just for you guys know that Nobody is coming back.. I just had a talk with him in PM. So as of the first post this version is his to do with as he wishes.. He has said that we can stay on to help him with mission controller if we wish. But I'm sure we will here something from him in this thread soon.. or he will bring back the old thread.. Let me just say he is not forcing us to stop this version.. The mission controller is an open source project and stuff like this is aloud under the license terms.. But I think it would be best if we only have 1 active version of Mission Controller running. Like I said he does want to merge the versions together so nothing will really change. :)

This has no effect on the current version of Mission Controller Extended. It will always be available.. And hopefully he puts a lot of the changes back into the original version of MC.

Just thought I would update you.

I will fix the version number from .13 to .14 now for its correct.. You don't have to download it but it will be correct if you do.. :)

Edited by malkuth

I've had the mission controller module crash again (or at least I've lost the icon in the menus and in-flight) after losing my command pod to a meet-and-greet with the ground.

Its very possible it some sort of bug.. I will try to recreate this Monday when I have so time to squash this bug.

Well, if you can tell me where to look and what to look for, I might be able to post some data from any logfiles.

- Edit: Funny, Mechjeb has also crashed...

That part of mission controller has no debug option yet so it would not be part of any debug option.. The best info you can give me is this..

Does the window come back when you go back to the main KSP window when your overlooking the complex and can choose which building to go to? It might be connected to a similar bug if this is the case.

(MechJeb Crashed)

is it the same kind of crash? If so it could be possibly another program or addon that is messing with the GUI windows in unity...

I can still use KSP normally, but neither the icon nor the window comes back.

Also, false alert about Mechjeb. The pod simply wasn't equipped with it.

Oh so the icon goes away too? Dang it might have something to do with the crashing mission goal (yes believe it or not there is a mission goal for crashing, smile) ... Maybe.. Ill check it out thanks for the info.

Oh what mission were you doing at the time? Or what mode?

Well, it happened during the Sputnik I mission and in Flight Test mode, so it seems to be a bit of a global problem.

You might just need to implement a flag like "pod_is_mission_critial" and set it to 0 for flight testing and to 1 in every other mission.

Alright to test this... This is what I did.. I loaded the sputnik I mission.. Made a manned pod with a tank and engine.. launched it.. Went about 5000M turned it around and smashed it into the ground.. Plugin worked ok. With crashed pod.. I used the 1 man pod.

Can you do this and not get the problem.. I will try other pods see what happens.

I just installed 0.14 and the Flight testing mode seems to be playing up, testing rockets is sometimes about 2/3 of full price, sometimes there is only a hundred or two bucks difference.

I'm just re-installing 0.13 to see if that switches it back.

*edit*

Just a thought, is there anything special you need to do when updating to a new version (or rolling back to an old one)?

I've just been deleting the old MissionController gamedata folder and replacing it.

*edit #2*

I thought that the same problem was happening with 0.13 but when i detached and re-attached a part, the price updated to what it should have been.

I have a $35k-ish rocket for stock mission #2, in 0.13 it costs around $600ish for a flight test, in 0.14 it costs around $23k. Detaching/reattaching parts didn't to make a difference as in 0.13.

Im gonna have to stick with 0.13 for the time being.

If there is any further info that could help, just let me know.

Edited by p1t1o

I just installed 0.14 and the Flight testing mode seems to be playing up, testing rockets is sometimes about 2/3 of full price, sometimes there is only a hundred or two bucks difference.

I'm just re-installing 0.13 to see if that switches it back.

*edit*

esting mode should only be 3% of full cost.. If there is some small discrepancy in the way MC is placing cost to the parts every time it calculates that, Might be the reason for the few hundred bucks difference. But you should be able to take the regular full cost and do the whole cost * 3 /100 and it should match when switch to Testing Mode..( To be honest I forgot If I did it on dry cost or full, I think dry) Also make sure you push the save button.. Even though the UI changes when you just push the button.. The math is not actually going to stick until you push the save button in settings.

Nothing special. But if you want you can save your save file. Delete the mission controller folder and start fresh.

Edited by malkuth

Note that your save file(s) are under GameData\MissionController\Plugins\PluginData\MissionController\ so if you delete the whole MC folder your MC-related info will be lost.

For now you can just install new versions right on top of old versions.

Test mode...my fault. Fix soon.

I tried one test flight (in 0.13) and it was only about 5% less than in Flight Mode, so there may be problems there.

QUESTION: NathanKell, how did you "program you parachutes to open" at a specific altitude or velocity even when you are not in RemoteTech radio contact?

I can't see any way to do this with MechJeb or the RT Flight Computer.

Seriously impairing my ability to get going on the mission packs :mad:

Diche Bach, you don't, alas, until RT2 gets full support for the DCPU-16 working. As it stands there's no way to queue up anything but attitude and throttle, as I understand it. But with the _programmable_ flight computer, you could do what you like.

In my posts here I thought I made clear that you do have to be in contact to open chutes, i.e. "so you'll be in contact when you want to pop chutes. "

Oh, in the mission report thread, that was for dramatic license, sorry. It meant I hit space when I saw surf velocity < 300 ^_^

Small New update.

Changes in .15

1. Fixed the Flight Test bug introduced in .14. Now your flight test should read correctly and charge you the right amount of money.

2. Fixed some punctuation and other problems in my custom mission packs.

Check the first post for download.

Here are my latest packs. The 'civilian' requires kethane for some but not all missions. The 'military' requires IonCross, but again only for some missions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xgs1jyar2m3iav/Sandworm_Civilian_ALPHA-3.mpkg (22 missions, nearing completion)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vq6bk40um0xegw/Sandworm_Military_ALPHA.mpkg (17 mission, still very much a work-in-progress)

I'd like some feedback before continuing to work on these. If they are too easy/hard/boring, I'd like to know before spending more time expanding them.

Four questions:

(1) Is it wrong to incorporate easter eggs into missions?

(2) Is it fair to necessitate mods? If so, which mods are common enough?

(3) Should I merge these into one large pack?

(4) Are "weapons" acceptable in KSP? Will people scream if I start the military pack with a "V-2" mission to land a warhead on a specific part of kerbin?

Edited by Sandworm

Here are my latest packs. The 'civilian' requires kethane for some but not all missions. The 'military' requires IonCross, but again only for some missions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xgs1jyar2m3iav/Sandworm_Civilian_ALPHA-3.mpkg (22 missions, nearing completion)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vq6bk40um0xegw/Sandworm_Military_ALPHA.mpkg (17 mission, still very much a work-in-progress)

I'd like some feedback before continuing to work on these. If they are too easy/hard/boring, I'd like to know before spending more time expanding them.

Four questions:

(1) Is it wrong to incorporate easter eggs into missions?

(2) Is it fair to necessitate mods? If so, which mods are common enough?

(3) Should I merge these into one large pack?

(4) Are "weapons" acceptable in KSP? Will people scream if I start the military pack with a "V-2" mission to land a warhead on a specific part of kerbin?

Will these work with 0.13? I have yet to get very far with Stock+NT+Malkuth's two packs (keep getting distracted by learning to use other mods), but eventually hope to make my way through _all_ of the available mission packs. I can if you want DL and prioritize playing yours to give you more specific feedback. Re questions:

1. Don't see why, depending on what they are.

2. Totally reasonable, although if it is possible to make the specific missions in the pack optional to proceed to further missions that might be advisable so that even those using stock my be able to play it through.

3. Why not do both? Offer them as separate packs and offer them as one merged pack.

4. I think the main thing here is "Is it okay with Squad, and is it okay in terms of the EULA." I see that "military stuff" is in their list of "things not to suggest." But I gather based on some threads I see about weaponized mods that that merely means "Don't ask us to make KSP militarized" and not that they prohibit mods that are militarized.

You do after all describe it as a "military mission pack" so anyone who might use it should realize up front what it is. As long as you don't 'force' people to play it (e.g., by only offering your non-military pack bundled with the milit pack) and as long as it doesn't breach the EULA, don't see what anyone could have to scream about. If they don't want to play a militarized KSP, then just don't DL and play the mission pack!

No. Yes.

While warheads range from the slightly impressive (V-2) to the hilarious (6-pack, 100kt MIRV), let's just have Kerbals blow themselves up voluntarily in the epic quest to conquer space. If you want to do short range ballistic missile missions, just have the Kerbals test mail rockets (that suspiciously look like V-2s).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_mail

Got a question for you guys. Im using Mission Controller extended with Remote Tech and I wanted to modify the missions that came with MC to include the antenna and dishes that came with Remote Tech in the missions that ask for antenna and dish parts. But I want it to be an Or situation where I can complete the missions with the default KSP dish or antenna Or one or more of the new dishes added by Remote Tech. Is there a way to make it look for multiple types of parts instead of the specific part? For example just have it look for a dish or antenna, or is there a way to list all the parts available and detect when they are on your ship?

I have tried several different ways to list the parts in the mission pakage and it shows up in game but it will only ever detect if I have the default KSP dish or antenna.

Okay, I did Sputnik 2 today and failed to achieve orbit, so I let the rocket burn up at reentry and let the probe core plunge to its death. It survived the splashdown and the MissionController module did not crash. So it really must be something pod-related.

- E:

Yup, confirmed. Rocket exploded, pod/probe exploded, module crashed.

Edited by Ph34rb0t

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.