(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

I added a mission pack link on the first post for all the ones I know about.. Including yours sandworm.. I suggest using the same file for all your future updates since I won't have the time to update the links for all custom packs every update... As long as you use DropBox and or spaceport this is possible.. Both allow editing of existing download files.

Okay, I did Sputnik 2 today and failed to achieve orbit, so I let the rocket burn up at reentry and let the probe core plunge to its death. It survived the splashdown and the MissionController module did not crash. So it really must be something pod-related.

- E:

Yup, confirmed. Rocket exploded, pod/probe exploded, module crashed.

Ah yes.. if you can please send me a pm of the .craft file used.. and the exact info of what you did for I can recreate this and squash this bug. ;) If you can't send a craft file just tell me exactly what the craft is made of and I will test it out now. and I take it since it burned up in reentry then your using deadly reentry mod.

I been testing this by crashing it into the ground without any problems. I would have to ask Nathan if he has this problem since Im pretty sure he uses DR.

Edited by malkuth

Oh sandstorm I will answer one of your questions about mission packs and content. Me personally I don't like anything weapon based or war based in ksp. And I think this topic is about on par with the people that just play vanilla no mods. And those that will play with mods.

I don't consider kerbals warlike. I think of them as goofy, clumsy silly kind of species, with a little hint of that childish innocents.

But of course this is only my opinion. There are plenty of war based youtube series on kerbals that are pretty popular.

Edited by malkuth

Bit of a bug report:

I was in test mode trying to see if I could use jets as a disposable, recoverable booster.

I had a rocket that cost 858 at the 3% rate, the boosters were chuted and accidentally jettisonned at launch, woops.

Rocket crashed into the sea after its chute failed. It wasn't my day.

Went to the tracking centre wondering if the recycle thing works when you're in test mode (didn't see any recycle dialougue) and recovered the debris from the launch.

Went to the VAB, checked MC and found I had been credited with over $40,000!

I repeated the exact same flight, replicating the lost boosters and cutting my chute, to check if it wasn't something I read wrong.

I found that my account was immediately credited with around $10,000 on booster seperation (and touchdown).

Then again with about 13,000 when the rocket splashed.

And again with another 17,000 after i recovered the debris from the tracking centre.

And to top it all, I ran the "rewind" thing - and was credited with another $1,000!

I'm gonna spend it all on a space station hub so the krones won't go to waste, but test mode is effectively broken :sadface:

Oh, Sandworm, you were the one who wrote the Mil Missions pack that simualted a camera hood with a ram intake? That was pretty cool! I'd forgotten who wrote that pack.

As to military missions--I love that KSP by default has no military component, but I do like my mil sims too. And military space missions--recon especially--were a HUGE driver for RL space programs, and still are. I think as long as it's a separate pack, it's fine.

I love the idea of mail rockets, though!

Love this thing! Any chance of some mind of integration with the TEK sampling mod? That, mapsat, remote tech and this - if they could... Talk to each other.. Well, that would be a science mission based game built right there!

Sorry for the derpy description. I don't really know how all the mods actually work.

Here are my latest packs. The 'civilian' requires kethane for some but not all missions. The 'military' requires IonCross, but again only for some missions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xgs1jyar2m3iav/Sandworm_Civilian_ALPHA-3.mpkg (22 missions, nearing completion)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vq6bk40um0xegw/Sandworm_Military_ALPHA.mpkg (17 mission, still very much a work-in-progress)

I'd like some feedback before continuing to work on these. If they are too easy/hard/boring, I'd like to know before spending more time expanding them.

Four questions:

(1) Is it wrong to incorporate easter eggs into missions?

(2) Is it fair to necessitate mods? If so, which mods are common enough?

(3) Should I merge these into one large pack?

(4) Are "weapons" acceptable in KSP? Will people scream if I start the military pack with a "V-2" mission to land a warhead on a specific part of kerbin?

Feedback you wanted, feedback you will have! :D

• No, I even think it could be a good addition if the "discovery" of the easter egg is nicely meshed into the missions, setting some long term goals through several missions.
  • I think it's ok to require mods, but I personally would not download a mod just to play a mission pack. Some other people may have the same reaction as me, limiting your user base. But Kethane is a well established mod and it would make an interesting mission pack.
  • Splitting your mission packs by addon dependencies is a smart solution to problem #2, letting people use the packs for which they have mods.
  • People play this game the way they want, but personally, I don't like KSP reminding me too much of our real tragic life. So, while I will not scream, I would not play it because it's not my definition of 'fun'. For me, it's a game about sending cartoon guys to space, not re-creating 'weapons of vengeance'.
    You may avoid this problem by defining missions that are structurally the same as our RL military funded space program (first rockets, atmosphere studies, etc) but with a different context. The mail rocket idea smartly proposed by Ph34rb0t is an excellent example : technically, it would mimic the V-2 studies, while avoiding hurting people feelings...
    So a good solution would be some kind of common trunk to the civilian and military mission packs, where you study the high atmosphere, liquid engines and guidance systems (ie techs that were developed during WWII and the early 50's). Once people have completed this part, they may switch to the space program they prefer. Either "civilian", i.e. probes to other planets, manned flights to the Mun, space stations or "military", i.e. missile tests, precise re-entries and spy satellites for example.

Just my 0.02...

New Version .16 Pretty Sure I squashed the flight Test Bugs that were introduced the last few versions.

Changes in .16

1. Finally Think I fixed all the bugs that the Auto Recycle Introduced to Test Flight Mode.. Now Test Flight Mode Should charge you the correct amount of money.

2. Fixed.. Also Fixed Auto Recycle working in Test Flight Mode. You can no longer recycle vessels while in test flight mode.. The New System.. Or the old system

3. As a result of no more recycle in Test Flight mode. The Insurance Cost charge has been removed from test flight mode (without recycle you would never get this cost back)

4. New Window Introduced. Starting to introduce a new window called the Finance Window. Right now it holds your bank loans when you go in the red. And a new.. But old Option called Passive Mission. Passive missions have been around for some time now.. But not many mission designers use the option.. A passive mission will pay you per day for (Place amount of Time) until that time runs out. The finance window is now the major holder of this information. Check the Civilian Space Program mission pack to see how to do passive missions.

5. New missions introduced to the Civilian space Pack. Passive mission. Many of the missions in the pack were converted to Passive missions. And I also Added 3 brand new missions for you to try out that use the passive mission option.

6. My continued pursuit of making the UI look better.. Some more changes I’m sure you might notice..

Thanks everyone that reported the problems. :)

Also Nathan is hard at work getting rid of the old recycle option.. And introducing a new version that works when you recover a craft from the Tracking station.. Its not ready for prime time yet.. But its almost there. So ya for that.

Also Im stating work on bringing back hard mode. But since I like to be different going to call it hardcore mode.. The old system use a multiplier of 1.5 on parts to make them more expensive.. We don't want to do this anymore. So the hardcore mode is going to work similar to what happens when you go into debt. But instead of 25% reduction to Payouts. Hardcore Mode will be 40% reduction.. Hence... Hardcore... That new recycle option just might come in handy for you hardcore fans.

Edited by malkuth

excuse me, I'm sorry if this seems kind of irrelivant. but could you make it so the "keosynchronous" mission also labels the perapsis? also, you might want to increase the cost of instruments, or something, and raise the cost of test flights, or something.. I keep quitting early because I keep feeling I'm going "too easy" on myself in game.

another thing, a compact view or something, that shows total cost would be appriciated.

excuse me, I'm sorry if this seems kind of irrelivant. but could you make it so the "keosynchronous" mission also labels the perapsis? also, you might want to increase the cost of instruments, or something, and raise the cost of test flights, or something.. I keep quitting early because I keep feeling I'm going "too easy" on myself in game.

another thing, a compact view or something, that shows total cost would be appriciated.

Next version will have hardcore mode.. its a 40% reduction to Mission payouts.. If that doesn't challenge you i don't know what will.

The current 3% was kinda of stab in the dark at a balance point for test missions. If every feels the price is too low I could raise it some more.

Ah yes.. if you can please send me a pm of the .craft file used.. and the exact info of what you did for I can recreate this and squash this bug. ;) If you can't send a craft file just tell me exactly what the craft is made of and I will test it out now. and I take it since it burned up in reentry then your using deadly reentry mod.

Umm, the rocket is entirely composed of NovaPunch parts and the probe core is from Bolt-On Probes, so sending the .craft will be a bit pointless if you don't have these packs.

Affirmative on DR.

glad to see a hardcore mode making an appearance. The stock missions have been pretty easy to be honest. The only one that gives me fits is the one that required the AN to be at a particular LAN. Havn't figured out a good way to do that yet.

I think you can zero your inclination, and then burn at the right longitude?

Anyway, the problem with instruments being cheap is we just don't have enough of them. But I'll see what I can do; I agree that the payload math needs to be tweaked again. Crewed capsules should be pleasantly expensive though.

I burned K170,000 yesterday on "just" the Sputnik 2 mission, so everything isn't as easy as it may sound. A streak of bad luck, a bit too much ambition, one poorly chosen part and bam - K40,000 go up or down in flames. Or not at all.

Next version will have hardcore mode.. its a 40% reduction to Mission payouts.. If that doesn't challenge you i don't know what will.

The current 3% was kinda of stab in the dark at a balance point for test missions. If every feels the price is too low I could raise it some more.

I'm still struggling to complete the first couple of missions in the NT Space Program and the Stock pack. I do not want to tell you how many times I've redone those "Alpha" and "Sputnik I" missions . . . Now that I'm getting the hang of using the RT Flight Computer I should be able to make it through the next steps and start to put up Comm sats (i.e., your repeatable missions). But until I had at least put a couple of unmanned probes into stable orbits it just seemed like "cheating" to skip ahead to those missions.

So in sum: please retain the curent difficulty level or the 'default.' Some of us are not that masterful, and you could always have three levels of diffculty instead of two eh?

Is there a certain menu I need to be in to get the missions to show up?

I can bring up the MC menu but there's nothing there, also if it matters the MC icon just stripes too.

zqtu.jpg

That's as far as I get, only other mods I have are KAS, Kethane, and Subassembly Manager.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

It looks like you have partially installed to the wrong directory (ie not in gamedata) because you are also missing the icon. Chances are that the plugin and 'plugin data' directories are not in the correct places. Search for and remove, then reinstall the plugin.

Mission packages should be put in ...

"[KSP install folder]/GameData/MissionController/Plugins/PluginData/MissionControler"

I wonder if anyone could explain to me how the new auto recover works. I put parachutes on my spent stages but I never seem to get any money back for them. Should I get credited during my ascent as the spent stages unload? Or does it get put back at the end of a mission?

Thanks.

I wonder if anyone could explain to me how the new auto recover works. I put parachutes on my spent stages but I never seem to get any money back for them. Should I get credited during my ascent as the spent stages unload? Or does it get put back at the end of a mission?

Thanks.

There is no message for it yet.. Its easy to miss.. Your account just gets credited the minute they get cleared off the screen (KSP Deletes them).. As long as you have enough parachutes on them you get the credit. Doesn't work in Testing Mode. Only Flight Mode.

Edited by malkuth

Thanks.

This post and the ones immediately before and after should help.

Snillum101, how many parachutes?

Here's how autorecycle works.

When a vessel that is not a Kerbal on EVA is

(a) at or below 25km altitude above Kerbin

(B) have 70 drag per ton of mass (approx .14t of parachute per ton of vessel mass). Note this is DRY mass. Fuel doesn't count towards it, since fuel is assumed to be burned by then.

© is destroyed by the game

Then you will get 0.6 * cost of parts on vessel.

A bunch of information regarding this is written to KSP.log. Check KSP.log after this to see what happened. It will tell you.

Look for lines that start *MC*. Post it and the related following lines, if autorecycle isn't working.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.